Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 5, 2021 7:39 PM

Jan 2020
I just noticed that the second opening of the 2nd season kind of give a mini spoiler since one of the lyrics said that in 10 years they will be living their dream...

Well all in all it is been a fun ride, 1 thing I would like to see is Moritaka and Miho's wedding (not just a photo of it) considering it has been their dream since the 1st season and its been around 73 episodes for the buildup...heck even Hiramaru and Aoki got their wedding scene even if it is only just for a few seconds...

But it seems like the studio is being generous to the anime considering a lot of people saying that the anime ending is better than the manga ending...

With that said, it's been a while since I've seen a wholesome ending like this....
Aug 23, 2021 11:36 AM

Nov 2018
After 18 months of stalling and putting this show on hold, I've finally finished the series (besides S3 special). But I gotta say, binging this was one hell of a ride (once I got on a roll). Gonna miss this series.

9/10 for this season.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Oct 18, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2019
Best Ending Ever, with the most beautiful Roller-coaster of a Journey Towards It!!!
Bakuman taught me to never accept reality as is and to always keep fighting honestly and with passion toward my dreams, never ever give up!!!

10/10 Deserves a place on my Favorites for sure!
Heartwarming in every way.
Oct 27, 2021 3:36 AM

Dec 2007
amazing ending!!!!!!!

it conclude almost everything, but made a lot of sense in terms of - the characters still keeps living, but the goal is fulfiled.

the fukuda scene reminded me he had that goal, it kinda disappeared along they way, like ohba had plans for him but didn't wanted to drag the story any longe. wise choice aside, fukuda had lots of potential that we could have seen, and too bad we didn't.

the "guy's talk" were awesome.
and the proposal was pretty exciting as well, put a big smile on my face :D

and the fact that reversi was just like DN told a lot.
i mean, the demons looks exactly as shinigami in DN ><

i almost forgot the important thing - they actually made great deal about finishing the series with the sentences it started with - that his uncle didn't told him to be a mangaka. totally loved how they finished the series with the way it started lol.

----

3rd season

i have mixed feelings for this season, that pace is really mixed up in the beginning, changing drastically from each episode to another. in the last arcs though the pace is stablizied, but it can't be said that the season is perfect.
the story still kept engaging though, and some of the weak parts got fast pace, so this can actually be forgiven.

the OST, voice cast was wonderful, and the animation got great upgrade, but as with 2nd season animation, the upgrade is forgotten easily as the season continues.

but though all the critic points, it sure was one of bakuman best seasons, though i find 2nd season to have more plot twists, 3rd season to be the end is kinda challenging in a way, since usually when story come to and end, the feeling of "forcing the end" is feeling, ohba and so JC director didn't let any of that feeling but felt natural and smooth, so though maybe not be that engaging as 2nd season, for an ending season it's masterpiece.
10/10

----

for the series

i remember reading the manga as it came out, for it was next ohba and obata work after DN, and though to be entirely different manga, they made great series on their previous experience. ohba wrote variety of depth characters, and knew well how to play them around the story to keep it evolving, and showed us that the psychological theme of DN can be used in other forms, and that's what made bakuman so engaging the "mangaka" battles, probably if another mangaka would thought on this story it wouldn't be that good, only ohba knew how to make it seriously exciting.

as for the anime itself, from it start it felt as JC highlighted the slice-of-life theme of the story, in the start it's really annoying, specially with s1 animation, but as things started keeping tense, they knew very well how to make them that well. some points were feeling as they could do it better, they actually skipped an arc, but they did great job bringing justice to the manga.

10/10
User-NameOct 27, 2021 3:41 AM
Dec 10, 2021 3:12 PM

Sep 2018
Almost three years since I started this series and about 1.5 to 2 years since the 2nd season, I did need a little refresher on the main points of the story, but was quickly reminded why I like this series so much. I don't think it was as good as season two, but they wrapped it up very nicely. Seeing the boys struggle and overcome for years throughout 75 episodes, one of the best character driven stories I think I've seen. 9/10.
Jan 6, 2022 5:40 PM
Mar 2018
Hiramaru and Yoshida lowkey one of the best duos of all time
Jan 13, 2022 7:24 PM
Mar 2016
Damn I watched all 3 seasons in a week. I cant remember the last time a show has made me do that. Its special moments like these that make me fall in love with anime all over again.
Mar 3, 2022 5:01 AM

Jun 2015
I can't even express how much I love this anime (and manga) and how emotional it makes me.

Jun 20, 2022 4:22 AM

Aug 2020
omedetooo! really liked the series since season 1 and i didn't stop watching til season 3. Every episode was exciting to watch that you won't get bored of it. I'm glad I started this series. Writing a manga is the same as living your life. Bakuman really hits you with the powerful speech and dreams that you can achieve. 9/10!!!!!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 17, 2022 9:44 AM

Nov 2018
Otsukaresama desu
I hate everyone equally
Jul 27, 2022 7:57 PM

Mar 2021
one of the best ending for a series that i've ever watched
🐐

Sep 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2021
Everything about this anime is good except that frustrating romance part,niizuma eiji remain the best mangaka and so akira hattori the best editor. 10/10
Nov 11, 2022 9:58 PM

Jan 2020
I actually don't know how to feel about Moritaka doing exactly what his Uncle would do. It's almost like it's taking away any genuine feelings for Azuki. Like, he's doing it more for his Uncle and less because he actually wants to be with her. Then, watching him stumble over nothing was exhausting. At this point I'm just glad it's over.

This season felt both as if it were rushed and a slog. Like, episodes went by pretty fast, sometimes even seemingly choppily so. But, I had such a hard time sitting through the episodes and finishing it. All-in-all, I'm a bit disappointed. I feel like the first season had a lot of potential and got me really hyped for something epic; only to then shatter those expectations.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 3, 2023 5:50 AM
Feb 2019
Oh so it's really over after 3 seasons and I'm finally done this. 
It's sad to say that, but why aren't there any manga adaptations in this anime?
And of course there won't be a season 4... :(
Jan 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Dec 2020
A absolute amazing series that will be going right into one of my favourite anime of course it had its awkward moments that were a bit hard to watch but overall i really loved this series.

Now i will proceed to go into the endless abyss of finding a series as good as this one to fill in the void of completing this anime.
Jan 28, 2023 4:55 PM
Jul 2019
I love the ending wished there was more though. Kind of wished they show us Moritaka and Miho wedding.
dhell26Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM
Apr 13, 2023 11:16 PM

Feb 2021
10 years later and this manages to be a fantastic ending all the same, great series all the way through truly. I'm gonna miss these characters, especially Nizuma Eiji and Hiramaru, they were always so entertaining
Apr 18, 2023 1:39 PM
Apr 2023
recently (1 year) i saw it and it's just so good for understood the life of a mangaka (and know how the creator of berserk is die)
Apr 21, 2023 7:16 AM

May 2012
Read the manga back in 2013 in highschool, then last year I decided I wanted to watch the anime. I barely remembered anything from the manga and had an itch to experience it once again. Went through all of season 2 and 3 over the past couple weeks, and man those last few episodes were so good. I think overall I enjoyed the story more as an anime (whether that's because I appreciate the series more now compared to 10 years ago, idk). I'm happy to see all/most of the characters get happy endings, especially Mashiro and Azuki finally fulfilling their dream. It was a long time coming but the wait and build up absolutely paid off. It's just too bad we didn't get to see their wedding outside of the single photo, but at the same time it totally makes sense given who they are. Great watch overall, definitely worth the time put into it. Season 3 was my favorite personally, wrapping everything in a nice little bow.
Jul 15, 2023 4:03 PM
Jun 2023
el final era sabido desde el primer episodio la cuestion era como y la verdad estuvo inigualable
Sep 12, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2013:

Jan 24, 11:47 AM
Nov 2019
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
May 6, 11:47 PM

Apr 2014
Ive honestly been dreading the ending, but not for the reason you might expect. The whole Moritaka Miho wedding premise has been a cheap plot convenience since the beginning. Such an unrealistic premise.

The characters are all 9/10 of being real. Like how much did we even know about Shuujin the whole time? I dont feel any connection with any of the characters really except Moritaka.

This is absolutely a simple shounen manga at its core despite being a relatively realistic story, in some ways thats good - its familiar, but it ends up being lackluster. Its like the sports shounen series where you know the protagonist is going to succeed in the end but without the same level of development and setback.

I gave the series a 7/10 overall. Enjoyable but not amazing

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.