Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was brilliant. I came the closest I've ever came to crying at a any form of media. The whole part with Gibson talking with Goro, it's a shame that can't pitch. And it was real cool seeing Goro's teammates from all the years.
Jul 27, 2009 7:13 PM

Dec 2008
Hello. Long time Major fan. *adores this series*

I agree. This episode was wonderful. It was really well done especially the scene with Gibson and Goro. I've liked how their relationship is a weird blend of rivals to a father/son kind blend and of course with what happened early in the series. Yet, their relationship doesn't seem akward at all.

I agree. It was very nice to see all the old teammates.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jul 28, 2009 11:57 PM
Nov 2008
Man...the climax is at it's highest ! Very nice episode...as always...i hope there's gonna be a season 6 although idk about that since it seems this one ends in 25 episodes..*sniff*
Can i please,even at the end,hope for a kiss between shimizu and goro???
Jul 29, 2009 3:51 PM

May 2007
Man...seeing those familiar faces and things from the past really made me remember the journey Goro took. Great episode to open the finals.
Jul 31, 2009 12:56 PM
Dec 2008
Superb episode! It had many touching scenes that moved my soul.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 3, 2009 1:06 AM
Nov 2007
So weird to see so many incidental/old characters make cameos and the show is like "Hey, remember THIS guy?". But it's pretty badass. This is one show that doesn't seem to forget anything, and I respect that.
Aug 9, 2009 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
That incident..so nostalgic.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 25, 2010 12:11 PM

Apr 2007
Very touching episode. I just love the whole conversation between Gibson and Goro.
Things are moving along real nicely, at least we know Gibson Jr. will be there to hopefully have some interesting match ups against Goro!

And I'm so happy Mayumura will be starting, he hasn't had much action yet this season.
MonochromeMar 25, 2010 12:15 PM
Apr 17, 2010 7:41 AM

Feb 2008
poor Komori, he didn't have to stay in Japan ; )

I wonder how they got so many tickets at the last minute?
Jun 26, 2010 3:48 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck, Joe Gibson made me shed manly tears ;_;
Jul 9, 2010 2:20 PM

May 2008
I agree, the drama with Gibson and Goro was made really well. I also loved how everyone gathered in America just to cheer for him, it's so nice~
Moar Shimizu x Goro moments please~
Sep 6, 2010 1:10 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode!

the goro and gibson moment, goro asking for a kiss (hehe), and seeing the old players.. but poor komori :(
xochandaoxSep 6, 2010 2:46 AM
Jan 25, 2012 8:32 AM
Apr 2011
Great episode, loved the flashbacks and the moment between Goro and Gibson. Loved seeing the old teammates and friends and those from little league being all grown up! Teared quite a bit hehe. Poor Komori though hahaha, he didn't have to stay in Japan after all. I think he should've gone to America as well, being one of Goro's closest friends. (:
Jun 7, 2012 9:20 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome episode. Seeing all the past friends and teammates was lovely.
Sep 2, 2013 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Gibson...but even moreso what Momo said to him, that was the most touching moment.

And holy crap a nostalgia trip with all the old teammates, hell even Muta and Sawamura!
Dec 10, 2013 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
Best Episode In season 5 and probably of all the Major serie. Haven't cried since the first season.
Dec 12, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode! I loved it! The talk between Goro and Gibson was touching and well needed. I felt it was placed at the right time and was told beautifully. Goro still sucks at romance though

Apr 6, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
I love how everything has come full circle and everyone has come together for this final match. Although it would have been awesome to see a proper match between Gibson and Goro, I like this turn of events more. It really shows how unexpected life is and helped finally put this incident to rest.
Jan 5, 2015 10:58 PM

Nov 2009
Wow . . . It sucks to be Komori, that is for sure. Anyways, every time they bring up Shigeharu I tear up a little T_T. Also, loved how the ace of the team got a stiff neck like that, pretty funny.
Apr 18, 2015 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was full of emotion, I could barely hold back my tears.
Apr 25, 2015 2:06 AM

Jul 2014
So happy to see the characters from season 1 hahaha
How do I signature?
Jul 28, 2015 5:12 AM

Jun 2009
best episode of the series so far? probably.

that fucking little league reunion, the feels. if only the two missing members were there, though.
Aug 9, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, such an emotional one. Getting to see everyone was nice.
5/5
Aug 27, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2008
Gibson is by far the most likable character in this series. He had a hard life from the moment he accidently killed Goros dad, but instead of letting it bring him down to the point of suicide he did his best to show Goro the way.
Nov 16, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2015
What is your colourful life?
Dec 27, 2015 5:07 AM

Mar 2015
Best episode of the season. Gibson might be my favorite character after Goro. He's awesome.
Dec 27, 2015 5:08 AM

Mar 2015
And for fucks sake Komori, once every 4 years, you can't go to the Baseball World Cup cause you have practice that day? GTFO
(lmao that it was cancelled)
Jan 31, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
many tears were shed ;_;

heartbreaking to see gibson like that :(
Apr 30, 2016 5:56 AM

Feb 2013
The best episode since the one with Shigeharu's death.
Gibson really had more problems than Goro could ever understand before talking to him.
He even talked with Momoko at the cemetary and she was the one who asked him to keep playing until Goro reached him, that was EPIC!
Everyone is watching the match, it was great to see the members of Mifune Dolphins again.
Sep 18, 2017 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. That was a great episode all around. 'Looks like the OP was a red herring.

Gibson has gone above and beyond imo. Nothing will bring Honda back, but he's done everything he knows to do, and I think it should be clear by now that Gorou and Momoko have forgiven him. I really love the ususal relationship Gibson and Gorou share.

This is probably the best season since the first.
Jan 14, 2018 11:58 AM

Nov 2012
So much happened this episode,holy shit this episode was basically perfect in every sense of the word.
Jan 26, 2018 3:30 PM

Nov 2016
What an episode,I honestly couldn't hold back the tears.

The segment with Gibson was just too damn emotional,seeing him struggle and giving his best moved me so much and that promise was the cherry on the top.

The build up for the match with Gorous friends and family coming to america was fantastic too.

Everything here was done right 5/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
(Currently rewatching)

Holy fuck. The feels. "Do you think you made Goro happy?" Oh my god. I love how many characters in this Anime attributed to Goro's future and how they care for him so much. I love the friendships and bonds and how baseball brought everyone together. It's beautiful.

Aug 17, 2018 10:55 PM

Jul 2016
This seriously felt like an hour episode. Gibson is a real man and tried the best he could to last this long! Probably gave up more than he had to (maybe retire earlier), but he made a promise and did his best to stick with it.

Awesome to see everybody back! Sucks so bad Komori right now! Also, how awesome is Mayumura? Guy has never said a damn word, has just bite his time and now it is paying off. Awesome episode!
Jul 29, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2017
What an amazing episode, especially since it wasn't a part of the actual match.

Just a rollercoaster of hardships and happy moments, memories and tons of hype for the next match. Seeing everyone who we haven't seen in forever grow up, and all be connected through the memories of Goro Shigeno was pretty awesome.

And this episode just cements Joe Gibson as a truly awesome character. I love how flawed all Major characters are, yet still give it their all with their tenacity and spirit without feeling forced or contrived due to being a shounen anime. Joe's had so many inner demons about his past, and it's reflected so much on the people surrounding him too as his incident with Honda killed off his relationships with family (and sadly his wife and daughter physically too in the process as they passed away in an accident when separated from him) as well as having an extremely broken relationship with his son.

All Joe wanted to do was try to find a way to atone, find a way to make the burdens he's been placed in be at peace, and with his health constricting him near the finish line, fate can be a pretty fucked thing. But it is also nice to see Goro not be hard on him and show him love and respect, which Goro has done for more than a decade anyway since Gibson is a part of the reason why Goro loves baseball and loves competing with all of his might and spirit beyond just the love for the game. He had a target, an objective, and a role model to try and reach and gave it his all just to improve himself and get to where he is with him in mind.

It's my 4th rewatch of this season so I know what happens, but it still really blows me away how some of these characters are in Major. It's generally a very cheesy show, but it's one filled with tons of heart, tenacity, passion, dedication and full on inspiration. Whether you've had physical hardships like breaking parts of your body, psychological hardships that throw you off your game and make you lose confidence, or personal hardships that relate to loss of close ones & even being responsible for accidentally killing someone in the sport you love the most. And this episode really reminded me of not only why Joe Gibson is a fantastic character despite being almost as oblivious as Goro when it comes to particular actions, but also reminds me of what all Goro has gone through and how even with tons of issues, he still manages to smile, still manages to play the sport he loves with his all, and manages to create so many memories and impacts on lives with the people that he played with - whether in Little League/Mifune, or Seishu or wherever else. I love this show.
Jul 29, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2017
What an amazing episode, especially since it wasn't a part of the actual match.

Just a rollercoaster of hardships and happy moments, memories and tons of hype for the next match. Seeing everyone who we haven't seen in forever grow up, and all be connected through the memories of Goro Shigeno was pretty awesome.

And this episode just cements Joe Gibson as a truly awesome character. I love how flawed all Major characters are, yet still give it their all with their tenacity and spirit without feeling forced or contrived due to being a shounen anime. Joe's had so many inner demons about his past, and it's reflected so much on the people surrounding him too as his incident with Honda killed off his relationships with family (and sadly his wife and daughter physically too in the process as they passed away in an accident when separated from him) as well as having an extremely broken relationship with his son.

All Joe wanted to do was try to find a way to atone, find a way to make the burdens he's been placed in be at peace, and with his health constricting him near the finish line, fate can be a pretty fucked thing. But it is also nice to see Goro not be hard on him and show him love and respect, which Goro has done for more than a decade anyway since Gibson is a part of the reason why Goro loves baseball and loves competing with all of his might and spirit beyond just the love for the game. He had a target, an objective, and a role model to try and reach and gave it his all just to improve himself and get to where he is with him in mind.

It's my 4th rewatch of this season so I know what happens, but it still really blows me away how some of these characters are in Major. It's generally a very cheesy show, but it's one filled with tons of heart, tenacity, passion, dedication and full on inspiration. Whether you've had physical hardships like breaking parts of your body, psychological hardships that throw you off your game and make you lose confidence, or personal hardships that relate to loss of close ones & even being responsible for accidentally killing someone in the sport you love the most. And this episode really reminded me of not only why Joe Gibson is a fantastic character despite being almost as oblivious as Goro when it comes to particular actions, but also reminds me of what all Goro has gone through and how even with tons of issues, he still manages to smile, still manages to play the sport he loves with his all, and manages to create so many memories and impacts on lives with the people that he played with - whether in Little League/Mifune, or Seishu or wherever else. I love this show.
Oct 20, 2021 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad Gibson won't play but respect to his wise decision to prioritise his health compared to a certain fellow *cough* Goro *cough* who time after time has forced his injuries.

Nice to see the whole gang even the old Little League members ready to watch the finals.

May 21, 2023 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
What a masterpiece episode. The first half around Gibson was simply brilliant, one of the most touching scenes I have seen in an anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cb27ded - Aug 10, 2009

63 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jul 29, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 2 Discussion

kyox69 - Jan 23, 2009

46 by arcticmontys »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 15 Discussion

kikoushi - Jul 2, 2009

24 by Daninokuni »»
May 17, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 13 Discussion

VK11 - Jun 8, 2009

21 by Daninokuni »»
May 15, 2023 2:44 PM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 1 Discussion

Late - Jan 14, 2009

48 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.