Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 29, 2019 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Those last 2 episodes weren't that bad... 7.5 is fitting.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jan 14, 2020 4:28 PM

Jun 2009
this anime was categorically not great. but it had a few redeeming features in pretty nice VFX for the magic, cool choreography for the big fights (admittedly there was only like 2 of them) and it was fairy enjoyable, on average, to watch.

but still, a, on the whole, pretty braindead action/ecchi/self-insert/isekai anime, and not a particularly imaginative one at that. also for an anime that is supposed to be a braindead action isekai, there were a lot of boring as fuck moments where i might as well have been sleeping.
Jan 15, 2020 6:49 PM

Apr 2012
never boring enough for me to drop yet never bright enough that I most likely will forget the entire casts and storyline in a week or two
5/10
May 27, 2020 4:22 PM

Jun 2012
Thought I found a gem but it kind of dropped off. Still enjoyable.
Jun 25, 2020 6:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this wasn't half-bad in my opinion. Binged it through just earlier and, while there were some boring bits, it was a fine-ish experience.

Kind of a lukewarm finale than what I'd in mind given how last episode ended, in all honesty. But there were a few curious-striking developments, in particular the supposed baby of the Demon Lord, so here's to hoping a 2nd Season will eventually arrive.

Sicily's eagerness to save the wounded person was really touching, by the way. Good thing Shin made it in time before things got out of hand completely.

Romance elements in the mid few episodes were a little dragged out quite clearly but the Prince finally setting the mood right was a godsend in many ways, xD. Can't say I was too ticked off by this, as such.

Character cast was definitely the strong point of the show. Perhaps a tad too many side characters but, keeping that aside, the interactions were fun to keep up with.

Animation-wise, it was great during some of the more prominent action scenes but alright during the rest. Similarly, not much positive input of the soundtracks either.

I came with low expectations and got a decent enough ride, hence a generous 6/10 from my part.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 20, 2020 4:23 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah easily the worst isekai for me and a 1 for me this year. Not because the story or the characters, as they are quite equal to same terrible Isekai I've seen but because the animation is absolutely dreadful.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 27, 2020 7:22 PM
Jul 2020
I actually had somewhat high hopes, but I was disappointed. It was fine. I didn’t like barely any of the characters so that sucked. Generic I’d say.
5/10 Avarage
Feb 16, 2021 10:58 PM
Feb 2021
I have got many new anime fans after introducing this show to them.
Feb 20, 2021 1:45 AM
Jul 2017
I honestly enjoyed this anime! This episode definitely didn’t feel like the end but if there’s season 2 I’m gonna look forward to it! Idk why most of you didn’t like it or complain about the animation cause it was such a cute anime....I liked the characters as well and the story....if any of you can do better pls be my guest....
May 25, 2021 8:02 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Some of the last episodes were rather ridicule, with some scenes here and there that I enjoyed, overall I would say the most enjoyment I got was for Sicily x Shin, they had quite a number of cute scenes going on.

I thought the villain was a bit interesting, but then again, while generic, there is potential here, that the series definitely does NOT make good usage of.

The fights these last 2 episodes were very silly, but I really enjoyed the bit of drama it was built with Sicily on this episode, it is nice to see him support her like that.

In the end, it stands as nothing special, but that will provide fun, with some of the tropes it manages to do right.

Definitely good enough for me would like a sequel, mainly for the main couple.

7.0/10 = 7

FakeSaturday said:
What was that finale? I thought we'd get to see a better fight between Shin and Miria, pretty lackluster imo.

It was lackluster in the sense I wanted to see her ass BEAT, but I guess the main villain has other plans for her (baby-making?! wtf, L.E.W.D.).
Jul 4, 2021 2:09 AM
Dec 2020
elementex said:
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.

Yes, I also think it is a enjoyable anime😄
Aug 11, 2021 10:17 AM

May 2020
Normal ending with normal sensation. I feel this is show for teenagers. With all aspects they put it in, he is too OP yet soft. Seems they should fight again Shin vs Schtrom. Magic animation was fine.
Oct 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Apr 2019
At first this show was a 5/10 for me but the 2nd half made me rate it an 8, the characters are entertaining the main antagonist was relatable and the fight scenes are great also, but I really think this show should be a 24 episode anime because pacing issues are really on display here lmao.
Apr 3, 2022 7:47 AM
Feb 2022
It was good, but the end is open. Animation is average, could be better. There are a lot of characters who play the main roles.
8/10
Apr 3, 2022 12:14 PM
Apr 2022
Hello. I just finished watching this anime. Pls pls pls. Make a season 2. I love their story and I can't wait for another season. Pls consider it of having a second season. I'll be waiting. Thank you 😊
May 23, 2022 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Ending was calmer than I thought, the fight with the woman didn't really last that long. And since she escaped, the outcome was kinda disappointing.

Overall a good show, I enjoyed it. The SoL parts were quite nice and even the fights were not bad at all. Characters were also not annoying, solid 7/10.
Sep 1, 2022 2:52 PM
Jan 2021
The Ultimate Magicians have officially learned of what happens when battle ensues, and the Demonoids learned of the true power of Shin, especially when he's angry.

I enjoyed the series and I'm hoping that it continues. There was plenty of comedic moments, some romance between Shin and Sicily, great action, and more! Overall there was large variety in terms of what has been going on and the ending has definitely set up the possibility of a second season.
Sep 2, 2022 8:45 AM
Oct 2021
rikunandakedo said:
this is definitely the type of anime you’ll watch once and forget about immediately after completing it
lmao i forgot i was watching it mid show, i started looking for a new anime and then remembered i forgot to finish this one
Oct 1, 2022 12:50 PM
Sep 2022
i think this will continued to season 2?
Nov 2, 2022 1:08 PM
Nov 2022
I'm waiting for the sequel
Apr 3, 2023 2:48 AM
Feb 2022
Has Potential , Rushed Storyline , can do better with a sequel
Apr 28, 2023 12:07 PM
Apr 2023
plz i need to see more seasons so don't stop making them
May 12, 2023 11:35 PM
May 2019
cerita mudah ditebak dan pengkembangan karater yg kurang
May 21, 2023 11:03 PM
Aug 2022
Man!! I want season 2 I enjoyed it so much
Ricky16May 21, 2023 11:31 PM
Jun 20, 2023 3:08 AM
Jun 2023
very good love op mc and more very nice
Oct 21, 2023 8:24 AM
Feb 2014
I hope the anime gets a second season.
Nov 26, 2023 4:54 AM

Nov 2021
elementex said:
KlinyKlinn said:

you know when you watched an anime then after like 1-2 weeks you already start to forget the series, something like that. I’ve experienced this multiple times so yeah

I feel that for anime that I dropped, but none of the ones I cared to finish

I wonder if you still hold true to this statement after so many years.

It definitely happens after you've hit a certain mark of completed anime say around 150.
You're bound to forget the boring ones cause of the cliches or the common tropes that are found in similar anime you've watched.
Dec 28, 2023 2:20 AM
Oct 2023
I hope for season 2
Feb 1, 10:13 PM
Dec 2014
Average watch at best.
Apr 22, 8:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Not that great of a final episode, I liked the fight with Miria but I was really hoping to see one of these high ranking demons bite the dust as they were riding a very high horse, unfortunately they got away and most of the episode was dedicated to setting up what comes next, which we will most likely never get to see, I don’t mind finales like this but for older shows with very little likelihood of a follow up I would prefer something more satisfying. We did at least get to see another good Shin and Sicily moment, while I don’t think their romance was particularly good I did enjoy their moments together, it’s just unfortunate my best girl Maria didn’t get her man within the show lol.

And with that I’ve finally done what the me from 2019 could not, and that’s finish this show lol, I’m glad I finally did it, as I never even really meant to drop it back then, I just kinda forgot about it as Senko-san kept my attention, I felt I did it dirty so I’m happy to have righted that wrong. But the question is, was it worth it? While I don’t think this show was very good, yeah I’d say it was worth, there was fun to be had throughout the whole show even if it kinda lost steam in the 2nd half, there were quit a few very nice looking scenes that were well animated, and of course the girls were cute so it had that going for it as well. All that being said, this show definitely left things to be desired, like I wish Shin and Sicily’s romance had more depth, I would have liked the side characters to get more focus than just being in the background most of the time, and despite what I said about the good looking scenes, there were also a lot of not so good looking scenes lol. And you also have the fact this show is pretty generic for an Isekai, even when this came out when we weren’t getting a bunch of Isekai anime every season, it just doesn’t stand out that much, i remember even picking this show to fill the Tensura void as I liked Tensura but this wasn’t it, and it was just the 3rd Isekai I had ever seen.

But, I still had a good time on this rewatch/first watch for the 2nd half, I enjoyed returning to the nostalgic Spring 2019 season to finish something I didn’t back then, there’s definitely other shows I want to do this with as well and I’m glad Kenja no Mago was the first, as I think it deserved it and it was fun enough, I think my opinion is higher than it was before although not by a whole lot. And I can’t end this post without mentioning the OP and ED, the OP is cute and fitting for the show but the ED is an absolute heater, it’s a shame it seems like the singer isn’t on anything else that I can find, she killed it.
TheColonel76Apr 23, 5:24 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

84 by FaiziTheGreat »»
Sep 21, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

121 by Liam_AT »»
Jul 17, 1:12 PM

» Why is this Anime ranked soooo bad?

nitneuq333 - May 18, 2021

48 by Mashadaar »»
Jun 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.