Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2020
well, it's out finally on certain..websites ! the subtitles were atrocious but it was okay as long as u use context clues and understand some vocab.

the plot was kinda random, but it was cute seeing the characters interact, and not to mention the song at the end ... so good. life is so dramatic is one of my top enstars songs and it was before i'd even seen the movie lol.

awesome seeing alkakurei getting the screentime they deserve, even if hiiro, tatsumi, niki, himeru and rinne were only there for about 15 seconds, it's nice that they were included. hinata, aira, mayoi and kohaku literally carried the movie, just walking around nyc shopping and whatever else, so cute.

really hoping for more animated enstars content because this was great, i love how they incorporated some of the stories into the animation as well, even if it werent for too long. overall a 7/10 from me :]
Jan 31, 2023 12:37 AM
Dec 2017
I watched this without English subtitles when the DVD was first released since I actually understand Japanese. I have to rewatch it to really give my opinion, but I thought it was alright. I didn't hate it, but this movie doesn't seem like something I would've considered watching in theaters. There were a lot of parts I found boring, but for some reason I really found the parts where Aira and the others spent time in New York to be the best parts. I was really surprised to see characters casually doing parkour, but since this is anime and weirder stuff has happened in the games, I guess I shouldn't question it.

But yeah, I wish there was more going on that could've kept my interest. That's my only complaint. Maybe if I was a bigger fan of Trickstar and Knights, I might've enjoyed this movie more. While I am a fan of the members of those two units that appeared, what they were doing didn't really have me captivated. There was also parts in the beginning where they were showing MVs(?) (I don't entirely remember, which is why I stated I would have to rewatch this to give an accurate opinion), and because of that I thought most of the movie was going to be like that. If I didn't watch any of the trailers before, I might've not continued watching since that really wasn't doing the movie any favors for keeping viewer retention.

Overall, this is a movie I would never recommend to someone who's never played the gacha game. I do recommend this movie to EnStars fans, but only if they're a fan of any of the characters featured.
Feb 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Feb 2023
It was an okay movie... definitely not for anyone who wasn't already a fan of the games, though. I wished they had spent more time animating parts of the shuffle unit movies rather than having whatever story it was trying to tell, but maybe I'm just being biased because I wanted to see more of animated butler!HiMERU lol...

I hope the next time they make an Enstars movie they will include my boys in Ryuseitai :')
MeruseitaiFeb 18, 2023 9:56 PM

Mar 17, 2023 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 24, 6:03 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
Reply to subahokke
well, it's out finally on certain..websites ! the subtitles were atrocious but it was okay as long as u use context clues and understand some vocab.

the plot was kinda random, but it was cute seeing the characters interact, and not to mention the song at the end ... so good. life is so dramatic is one of my top enstars songs and it was before i'd even seen the movie lol.

awesome seeing alkakurei getting the screentime they deserve, even if hiiro, tatsumi, niki, himeru and rinne were only there for about 15 seconds, it's nice that they were included. hinata, aira, mayoi and kohaku literally carried the movie, just walking around nyc shopping and whatever else, so cute.

really hoping for more animated enstars content because this was great, i love how they incorporated some of the stories into the animation as well, even if it werent for too long. overall a 7/10 from me :]
@subahokke I posted a source to a better translation in the other thread you made for the movie. If you feel like watching it again, it's a lot better!

I gave it the same score, btw. > u<

Jan 27, 5:31 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to ertiis
@subahokke I posted a source to a better translation in the other thread you made for the movie. If you feel like watching it again, it's a lot better!

I gave it the same score, btw. > u<
@ertiis oh damn its already been over a year😭 thank u for letting me know !! might rewatch then :]
Jan 27, 12:57 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
Reply to subahokke
@ertiis oh damn its already been over a year😭 thank u for letting me know !! might rewatch then :]
@subahokke I know, it took sooo long! I actually waited for this cuz I couldn't handle the other translation. XD You're welcome, and happy watching!✨

Aug 13, 3:39 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and entertaining movie.

More topics from this board

» availability

subahokke - Apr 21, 2022

6 by ertiis »»
Jan 24, 5:52 PM

» Info.

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2021

5 by Meplet »»
Apr 15, 2022 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.