Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2023 8:34 AM

Jul 2022
awhhhhhhh iori and riku 
Feb 5, 2023 8:37 AM

Feb 2020
Nice. They really sang TRIGGER's SECRET NIGHT.

Well done, guys. It was a great performance. :)
Feb 5, 2023 1:10 PM

Jul 2015
Finally, the boys are back! It was long due, but it was worth it. Loved their performance, loved how Riku's power is real, loved that talk between Tenn and Takamasa, loved how Re:vale played Ryou, and freakin' loved the control scene. 
I'm not ready for what's coming though. 
Feb 5, 2023 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
at last......the boys are back in town. sundays are good again
Feb 6, 2023 7:50 PM
Jan 2017
IDOLiSH7 is one of those shows that you can only enjoy with a massive dose of suspension of disbelief. Re:vale just pulled a gamble that would make Batman proud, even though it relied on luck and could have backfired if something went wrong.

Also, I don't think I can accept Riku's role as "the chosen one" or something. The whole point of the show is that every member is equally important and I think IDOLiSH7 is breaking that rule by propping Riku up as the "ideal idol".

That said, I'm glad this show is back and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 7, 2023 8:36 AM
Dec 2016
HeroVladimir93 said:
The whole point of the show is that every member is equally important
I don't think this is quite right. Although the show does give every member the same amount of time and character development, and constantly reminds us that bonds are important, in relation to the main plot, Tenn and Riku's parallels have been present since season 1. Both are striving to become "the ideal idol" (=Zero, if you will), but one is "a self-sacrificing angel" and the other is "an uncontrollable monster". It doesn't help how Iori and Takamasa seem similar sometimes too. But I believe here is where equality and support come forth. Hopefully, discussing problems and worries with each other will help Iori and Riku in the future not to follow Takamasa and Zero's paths.
Don't know about Tenn though. He seems to be changing bit by bit and there are TRIGGER beside him, ready to give their support. But Takamasa is such a sketchy man... (and really, really mentally unstable, let's be real). He's been influencing Tenn since he was little, so I'm a bit worried about him...
Feb 7, 2023 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
HolyPandre said:
HeroVladimir93 said:
The whole point of the show is that every member is equally important
I don't think this is quite right. Although the show does give every member the same amount of time and character development, and constantly reminds us that bonds are important, in relation to the main plot, Tenn and Riku's parallels have been present since season 1. Both are striving to become "the ideal idol" (=Zero, if you will), but one is "a self-sacrificing angel" and the other is "an uncontrollable monster". It doesn't help how Iori and Takamasa seem similar sometimes too. But I believe here is where equality and support come forth. Hopefully, discussing problems and worries with each other will help Iori and Riku in the future not to follow Takamasa and Zero's paths.
Don't know about Tenn though. He seems to be changing bit by bit and there are TRIGGER beside him, ready to give their support. But Takamasa is such a sketchy man... (and really, really mentally unstable, let's be real). He's been influencing Tenn since he was little, so I'm a bit worried about him...
I just don't want this show to prop Riku up as the "ultimate idol that will end all idols" because that would defeat the whole point of an ensemble show. Advertising Riku as the top-billed star of an ensemble group is one thing, but I don't want Riku to be the guy who carries all of IDOLiSH7 and his teammates are pathetically useless without him. That would be insulting.

Also, Takamasa's appearance and behavior are so forthright villainous that he might as well carry a sign that says "Hi. I'm Bob Evil". It would be more surprising if he wasn't a bad guy.
Feb 8, 2023 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
HeroVladimir93 said:
I don't want Riku to be the guy who carries all of IDOLiSH7 and his teammates are pathetically useless without him.
Isn't this the sentiment the show is trying to convey as well?

If you're trying to say that you don't like the inclusion of this subplot because it implies that Riku is the most important member of IDOLiSH7, I get it. But if you're assuming that the show isn't totally self-aware of what it's presenting and isn't trying to actively comment on it, then I think you're missing the forest for the trees tbh.

This entire time, the show has been painting Riku's allure as dangerous and harmful - for himself, for his fellow members, and for their fans. Scenes that feature it are portrayed as creepy and unsettling. In this very episode, the show draws comparisons between Riku+Iori and Zero+Kujou - which ended in Zero running away and Kujou grooming children to chase after a lost dream. The show has not been calling Riku the "ideal idol" - if anything, it's been saying that Riku will be the one to eventually cripple and kill IDOLiSH7, because he's impulsive, and his emotions are volatile and can easily influence other people.

Riku's allure isn't being celebrated. They've focused a lot on it, yes, but that's because they're flashing warning signs.
Feb 8, 2023 3:38 PM
Jan 2017
Partyu said:
HeroVladimir93 said:
I don't want Riku to be the guy who carries all of IDOLiSH7 and his teammates are pathetically useless without him.
Isn't this the sentiment the show is trying to convey as well?

If you're trying to say that you don't like the inclusion of this subplot because it implies that Riku is the most important member of IDOLiSH7, I get it. But if you're assuming that the show isn't totally self-aware of what it's presenting and isn't trying to actively comment on it, then I think you're missing the forest for the trees tbh.

This entire time, the show has been painting Riku's allure as dangerous and harmful - for himself, for his fellow members, and for their fans. Scenes that feature it are portrayed as creepy and unsettling. In this very episode, the show draws comparisons between Riku+Iori and Zero+Kujou - which ended in Zero running away and Kujou grooming children to chase after a lost dream. The show has not been calling Riku the "ideal idol" - if anything, it's been saying that Riku will be the one to eventually cripple and kill IDOLiSH7, because he's impulsive, and his emotions are volatile and can easily influence other people.

Riku's allure isn't being celebrated. They've focused a lot on it, yes, but that's because they're flashing warning signs.
What I like about IDOLiSH7 is that it digs deep into the complications and intricacines of the idol business, so yeah, it could explore the downside of putting so much focus on a single idol, especially because this particular idol is so childish and emotional.

I'm all up for it as long as the show puts the spotlight on the titular group because they have been feeling as guest stars in their show.
Feb 9, 2023 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
This was my first time in my entire life watching an Idol anime and i love it, the songs and animation are incredible, as well as the characters playing in it, yes even the evil ones lmao. 

I even added some of the songs on my Spotify playlist because i actually loved them. I'm so happy this is still not the end. 
Feb 11, 2023 3:23 PM
Apr 2022
Wandering in here....

Wow the dance animation of Trigger in Ep7 is great. Making the 3D look 2D, this is one of the better ones. I like that its consistent.
in that effect, eventhough (my opinion) the 3D is better in UniteUp!, its too inconsistent (and jarring) with their 2D, so this is better, a case where the smaller budget wins out, and is actually a blessing.

Episodes 13, the  insert song, and this Ep 14, new ED.... but they were using stills....I guess they were saving the budget for performance highlights. 

Cant wait to see the effort the team puts into the finale in a few weeks time!
Feb 26, 2023 11:41 PM

Dec 2020
i don't like the fact that iori has to "control" ritsu, maybe because ever since perfecting gimmick when iori becomes center, i just want iori to be able to stand out on his own, and not have to hide behind the shadows of ritsu...

just a thought though...
Aug 1, 2023 9:21 PM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised at how little bite Ryo's scheme actually had. It felt somewhat anticlimactic in how easily it was foiled. That said, the sensation surrounding Riku is otherworldly. When the fans started singing along, I felt such a strong conflict of warmth & unease. I want to be happy for the support & love Riku receives, yet Kujo's warning leaves me with a sense of foreboding that the history of Zero is en route to repeating itself.
ZekkenshinAug 1, 2023 9:30 PM
Feb 2, 9:36 AM

Jul 2007
Iori always supporting Riku is the best, this ship gives me life 😍😍.

Also wow, Idolish7 singing Secret Night was so good! They really should sing sexy songs too 😍😍😍. I really wanted a proper animation for this, but oh well...

More topics from this board

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Serafos - Dec 4, 2022

20 by superstaff »»
Jul 7, 1:14 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Serafos - Dec 11, 2022

8 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 16 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 19, 2023

14 by gandoon »»
Feb 4, 9:10 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 17 Discussion

Serafos - Feb 26, 2023

14 by hanyuhi16 »»
Feb 2, 11:19 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Partyu - Oct 9, 2022

20 by BenjaminJunior »»
Jan 29, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.