Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Whoa, they need to be careful in their world. I mean, running into a monster of that size while being unprepared...yikes.

It seems this show is pushing the relationship between Shinju-hime and Shiloh. Tbh, I have mixed feelings about it for now and want to see more character development between the two.
Oct 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
Second Time I'm glad I'm listening to memória! - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura recently. The battle theme is also included.

tsubasaloverOct 21, 2022 9:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 14, 2022 10:55 AM
Oct 2019
Let's go First Dungeon and Boss Battle.

I'm so happy they used the Boss Theme Song as well.

Looking forward to see where the story goes.
Tbh i don't really remember how Ruri and Shinju story goes, it's really been a long time since i played the game.
Oct 14, 2022 11:44 AM
Sep 2015
This is such a peaceful adventure I yearn all along, make me want to play the game.
Oct 14, 2022 12:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least he saved the girl and fought against the cave monster but it turns out both of them are from that jewel Jumi race which is making me think of Houseki no Kuni of course but it's different here, at least what they need to remember is to never cry because who knows if the rumors are true or not... though that antagonist want to eradicate the Jumi uh, time to protect them I believe and if they can also find the other ones it will be nice
Oct 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
"We are looking for other Jumis" and they look around and see the black pearl girl that appear in the OP and Shiloh say "There it is". That would be funny.

Shiloh friend were really shouting exposition, to Shiloh get to hear that far.

Even with the news that Ruri and Shinju may get killed, felt very chill the atmosphere.
Oct 14, 2022 1:14 PM
Jun 2022
Loving this show, even if it’s about a white saviour saving the rock people
Oct 14, 2022 5:43 PM

Nov 2010
They jumped the story a bit showing Black Pearl already, it had some differences from the game but it was similar to the manga where Toto met Pearl at the caverns first. I loved how they didn't show Jennifer next to Mark and Rachel at the city lol
. Overall I like it but I thought that the pacing was a bit slow in this episode (probably bc they added so much stuff between the story quests in the game which is understandable but I was hoping to see the next story already), but I loved that they had Pain in the Universe in the fight scene <3 It is so satisfying to see the world being built too but I hope that they make an explanation to why you can only go to places after building them with an artifact.

I just realized from watching the ending that we had one more girl and one boy that we didn't have in the game, at this point I don't know if they were already in the game but they had recolored sprites or if they are new characters.
Oct 14, 2022 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
This episode added a detail and was a bit different from the game, but I liked it.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 14, 2022 6:56 PM

Jan 2010
Another decent episode. It's already diverted from the game's story. But expect that'll happen each episode. In the game, when you get to the boss you just mash the attack buttons and are able to take the boss down pretty easily. Pearl's dark form doesn't appear to beat the monster for you. Still, it was interesting to see the cm and Elazul struggle against the big monster.

Since this anime is mid-tier visuals wise, the character models for some of the other townspeople aren't....great. Rachel's dad looks kinda bad. In the game you don't really question why he's this humanoid beetleman? But in anime form he looks really goofy. As for the other characters they showed, don't know how much we'll see of them since they aren't really in the Jumi arc. The Monkey guy(Diddle) and the weird blob character(Capella) have their own separate arc. Then there's Niccolo, that rabbit, who talks like a cat for some reason? He also has his own arc in the game.

If it weren't for the fact that I have so much nostalgia for the video game, idk if I'd keep watching this. I'm invested enough to keep watching it to see how the anime adapts the game. So far it's okay!
Oct 14, 2022 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
Is Pearl is a bubble head with a dual personality or was that someone else?
Oct 15, 2022 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
So the one who beat the big boss was Pearl?
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 15, 2022 2:53 AM

Feb 2021
giveup-the-ghost said:
Another decent episode. It's already diverted from the game's story. But expect that'll happen each episode. In the game, when you get to the boss you just mash the attack buttons and are able to take the boss down pretty easily. Pearl's dark form doesn't appear to beat the monster for you. Still, it was interesting to see the cm and Elazul struggle against the big monster.

Since this anime is mid-tier visuals wise, the character models for some of the other townspeople aren't....great. Rachel's dad looks kinda bad. In the game you don't really question why he's this humanoid beetleman? But in anime form he looks really goofy. As for the other characters they showed, don't know how much we'll see of them since they aren't really in the Jumi arc. The Monkey guy(Diddle) and the weird blob character(Capella) have their own separate arc. Then there's Niccolo, that rabbit, who talks like a cat for some reason? He also has his own arc in the game.

If it weren't for the fact that I have so much nostalgia for the video game, idk if I'd keep watching this. I'm invested enough to keep watching it to see how the anime adapts the game. So far it's okay!

Yes, I agree! Another great episode! Hope to be 20+ episodes! It is so charming series and interesting to watch!
Oct 15, 2022 10:31 AM
Oct 2021
I liked the episode overall. It has a weird pace for a series, but it does feel like the kind of rythim of playing a game, with the battles, drops after completing a quest and expositions/infodumps via secondary characters' conversations.

The character dessing is quite nice, like and old fairy tale, but the writing makes them feel a bit plain and flat. It's not a problem with the towns people, that are there just to make the town feel lived and explain things to Shiloh. Pearl, on the other hand... I hope she gets more development than being a damnsel in distress and she's not just oblivious to her actual habilities the whole time.

Now I wonder if the name Shiloh has anything to do with the mineral silex.
Oct 15, 2022 3:44 PM

Feb 2021
SleepingAsteria said:
I liked the episode overall. It has a weird pace for a series, but it does feel like the kind of rythim of playing a game, with the battles, drops after completing a quest and expositions/infodumps via secondary characters' conversations.

The character dessing is quite nice, like and old fairy tale, but the writing makes them feel a bit plain and flat. It's not a problem with the towns people, that are there just to make the town feel lived and explain things to Shiloh. Pearl, on the other hand... I hope she gets more development than being a damnsel in distress and she's not just oblivious to her actual habilities the whole time.

I agree with you.

What is silex?
Oct 16, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Well, pearl is someone special or have some special power! I think shiloh is also a jumi.
The inspector guy looks like someone who will appear in European cartoon, lol
Oct 16, 2022 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
I don't know why, but I liked this anime. characters are unique in this anime.
Oct 17, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 2021
Memore said:
SleepingAsteria said:

I agree with you.

What is silex?

Silex is also called flint in english I think. It's a kind of rock made of quartz.
Oct 17, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2021
SleepingAsteria said:
Memore said:

I agree with you.

What is silex?

Silex is also called flint in english I think. It's a kind of rock made of quartz.

Oh, I understand now! Thanks for explaining it to me.
Oct 18, 2022 8:22 PM
Jul 2017
Still high quality animation. I don't know anything about the game but the anime is pretty good so far.
Oct 19, 2022 9:00 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Anime is fine. It's below average for me. The chara design and outfit were kinda a bit hard to get used to.
Oct 20, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2021
xkazutox said:
Anime is fine. It's below average for me. The chara design and outfit were kinda a bit hard to get used to.

Why? They are pretty simple to recognize.
Oct 20, 2022 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
There is not enough knowledge of the canon, so it is partly dry. But in general, after two episodes, it's interesting to watch, and the graphics and characters cause aesthetic pleasure.
May be some anime?
Oct 21, 2022 7:33 PM

Nov 2010
giveup-the-ghost said:

Actually Capella is the monkey and Diddle is the other guy. But I have my own unproved theory that Diddle is a tadpole with arms and his "ears" are fish fins (it took me awhile to figure which was his body and which was his record player in the small pixels of the screen but in the anime you can see him clearly that I'm envious lol).
Oct 26, 2022 10:15 AM

Sep 2020
Decent episode. It still feels weird watching this considering it's made after a game and the pacing is a tad bit slow. Idk what it is but Shinju seems to be a little strange and on top of that busting out that move we didn't get to see, seems like she is stronger than both Shiloh & Ruri, which was unexpected to see after her looking lost and being scared. As of right now, this show ain't really capturing my attention, but I'll see how it goes with the Jumi killer quest.
Nov 1, 2022 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
Looks really pretty, but it is so boring.
Dec 25, 2022 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
Not the best of Pearl running into that cave monster but at least, what I assume is her other form, took care of it.

Jan 1, 2023 10:31 PM

Feb 2021
That Pearl must have the other side that can only show in danger situations.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 21, 2023 4:58 AM

Apr 2013
Well animation is not impressive, but I really just want some nostalgia out of this show.
Feb 14, 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
I haven't played the game yet, but in the manga Duelle actually knows that Elazul is part of the Jumi; and it's Toto (or Sheilouh or whatever his name) that defeats the boss with one fellow swoop, not Black Pearl
Speaking of, we didn't even get to see much of Black Pearl yet, and we also couldn't see how she made firewood out of that boss either
Pearl also didn't profess her love for Toto in the anime, but that is as expected since Toto didn't do much in the anime, and I'm glad she didn't bc I as well feel like she belongs with Elazul lol

I was also surprised that Duelle and Toto/Sheilouh know each other bc in the manga for one reason or another they didn't and only met while Duelle was facing Elazul, but if I had to guess I'd say the anime is probably closer to the truth in this regard? I knew absolutely none of those people standing with Duelle lol

Watching this at least made me curious about the game, I will definitely play it the coming weeks, since I'm curious which depicts the game better, the manga or the anime
Feb 14, 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to giveup-the-ghost

@giveup-the-ghost I haven't read the Legend of Mana manga in eng but even in my language Toto comments on how Niccolo seems like a mixture of cat and rabbit haha

From the mobile game I was kinda expecting Niccolo to be voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda, or was that another cat/rabbit person? It's been a hot minute obviously since I played the mobile game so I might be completely wrong here anyway

Still, I'm sad that Legend of Mana did not only get a super funny manga adaption but also an anime, while games like Secret of Mana or Trials of Mana got seemingly nothing so far
Apr 7, 9:22 AM
Mar 2021
C'est un peu nul quand même
Apr 7, 9:23 AM
Mar 2021
C'est un peu nul quand même

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.