Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
The fight to the death as Satake's life is hellbound by the general public having a bounty on his head, and it's pals like Kito that sacrifice themselves enough for the wanted man to escape.

Even the robbery pals Andre and Miguel help him out, as is the Professor, but they weren't agile enough to save Satake out, which he got caught again and reached the Tower of David by coincidence. But navigating through this tower isn't as easy as he thinks with the general public ravaging the entire building, made worse with Jack's interference with the mafia with head Jose Claudio the Head Hunter, the head slasher. As much as Chie pleads Jack to stop, the one thing that he would not do is stop.

Getting saved by the neck with the unfinished tower's build quality but getting the karma of his death sentence seems like a fitting end, according to Jack. His one final straw: to summon a helicopter to airlift Chie away, but Satake coming in like a zombie to defeat Jack, is thanks to his time of saving the terrorist bomber and owing him one. As if karma doesn't hit anyone other than Jack enough, it's the Torture Sommelier coming in to give his justice in death. And despite Chie being shot by Jack in the chest, it has to be the cream puff at her breastpocket which saved her life, since custard is a compound dilatant fluid, which doesn't make sense at all, but is certainly like Satake himself: a bug.

All's well that ends well for a reunion, but if there's anything of concern about Jack, Satake doesn't really need to know. That's all there is to it: here's just a run-of-the-mill, ordinary guy. But the doppelganger which curses death with the airplane that is most just as identical as the one where it was hijacked, damn what an end.

What a surprisingly great show that no one ever talks about. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF NICHE.
KANLen09Dec 21, 2022 8:00 AM
Dec 21, 2022 7:10 AM
May 2021
Hope we get to see a season 2 🤓😁where satake and chie live happy life
Dec 21, 2022 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The finale was as WTF as the whole anime, but after seeing his Doppelganger it seems like MC will finally die xDDD I'm a bit disappointed they didn't finish the anime with the plane exploding instead of just showing some black steam
Dec 21, 2022 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
Could a kind soul help me remember and understand something from the other episodes?
On episode 2, right in the beginning, when Satake is still remembering what happened to him, we see him and Chie on a restaurant, and she mentions Jack indirectly by stating that a backpacker she met before was on her neighborhood, and finally she returns him the amulet coin as a good luck charm.
On episode 4 we see for the first time that travel Satake makes when he meets Chie for the first time and gives her the coin. It's when we see Jack stalking her and how she survived after Satake saved her.

My question is: after the tension in Europe, when they met on the restaurant, shouldn't she be more alarmed by the fact Jack is in the city? I mean, Satake met him too, so he knew who they were dealing with.
Since the end of the series presents Jack as the person behind everything that happened since episode 1, I feel that they could have stopped him before if they wanted to.
Dec 21, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2015
Pual said:
On episode 2, right in the beginning, when Satake is still remembering what happened to him, we see him and Chie on a restaurant, and she mentions Jack indirectly by stating that a backpacker she met before was on her neighborhood

From my understanding she doesn't mean that this backpacker is Jack. The purpose of this sentence, from the writer's point of view, is to mislead audience into thinking that Chie is cheating on Satake with this backpacker guy. Since Chie like to travel alone a lot it makes sense that she made friends with other backpackers too.
Dec 21, 2022 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
phantomfandom said:
Pual said:
On episode 2, right in the beginning, when Satake is still remembering what happened to him, we see him and Chie on a restaurant, and she mentions Jack indirectly by stating that a backpacker she met before was on her neighborhood

From my understanding she doesn't mean that this backpacker is Jack. The purpose of this sentence, from the writer's point of view, is to mislead audience into thinking that Chie is cheating on Satake with this backpacker guy. Since Chie like to travel alone a lot it makes sense that she made friends with other backpackers too.

Oh! With all those memory pieces that we saw little by little, and how the plot was developing, I kinda assumed that she was talking about Jack.
Thank you so much for taking your time to explain it!
Dec 21, 2022 9:49 AM
May 2020
AOTS let's all pray for season two where the professor has a new subject!
Dec 21, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great conclusion to the Jack craze. I wish we would have seen more of Ijuin absolutely curb stomping his ass, especially since the introduction episode of Ijuin where he tortures a random criminal was very graphic.

Kito is a true bro. For a second there, I thought he would turn on Satake.

The ending creeped me out with the doppelgänger. And the airplane smoke scene at the very end… yikes. I just hope for a second season of this wonderful anime. 9/10
Dec 21, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
Final Destination ending, lol. Aight, the fact that Jack is about to get the shit tortured out of him is happy ending enough 😊

7,5/10

Can't get the outro out of my head

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2022 11:44 AM
Jul 2016
The conclusion to one of the anime of all time.

Something I liked about this anime was the number of characters who were technically criminals but that didn't make them bad people. Robbers, crazy scientists, terrorists, former and current mafia members, plane hijackers, Light Yagami if he actually got his hands dirty. They might have be causes for conflict, but they all managed to help out our boy Satake. The audience even initially believed that Satake himself was a murderer. It was kinda nice to see these morally complex characters 😌.

Also, they tortured a cop in this series so that gets points from me!

7/10
Dec 21, 2022 1:16 PM
Mar 2021
I think they have no enough time to torture Jack until die. I hope there is another story about Ijuin later. Also, i hope Satake and all people in the plane are alive lol.

This is best very low-budget anime i have watched so far.

Somehow great story > top tier visual/animation.
Dec 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
So everything is nicely wrapped up. Or is it? The doppelganger and that burning jet engine leaves a few things hanging, which feels a little like leading, given how nicely they wove all the other plot elements together. I mentioned that Jack was a Chekov's Gun, and remember the basis of that concept: every plot element that is introduced serves a purpose...
Dec 21, 2022 5:48 PM
Dec 2018
This was actually such a good episode, and I NEED A SECOND SEASON! This show was an absolute hidden gem and didn’t deserve the low ratings. The doppelganger thing at the end was very confusing and now I need to know what happens next.
Dec 21, 2022 7:28 PM

Sep 2012
Shimura27 said:
I think they have no enough time to torture Jack until die. I hope there is another story about Ijuin later. Also, i hope Satake and all people in the plane are alive lol.

This is best very low-budget anime i have watched so far.

Somehow great story > top tier visual/animation.
Yeah i want more ijuin, i guess for now i'll just watch this original web animation (no english subs tho)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecdb0sZr-iY&list=PLnq6Zem-vrQCGV_VyMBDQtkl5XPKKPorY
uwu uwu
Dec 21, 2022 9:42 PM

Jun 2019
My 211th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Dec 22, 2022 2:47 AM
Oct 2014
Glad I've followed this entertaining and comfy anime this season.

He is like me fr fr no cap.
Dec 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Honestly at the start I only wanted to keep watching this for the sake of my man Sugita, but as it carried on it got quite a few giggles out of me.

Not actually a bad anime ngl
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 22, 2022 3:06 PM

Jul 2020
A very unusual anime, full of interesting facts, too. Not sure if it qualifies as a comedy though
7/10
Dec 22, 2022 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
A real underrated gem right here.  A real master class in mystery in suspense.
Dec 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this show. Hope they got proper budget for better animation 
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 23, 2022 12:13 PM
Oct 2020
I enjoyed this show. It's a 7/10 and wouldn't mind a second season. 
Jan 11, 2023 9:26 PM

Jan 2021
Ngl, this was probably in my top 3, or at least in my top 5 for the fall season. It came out of left field and surprised me with how good it is. The animation isn't great, no, but but the stroy was good, and I feel like the animation actually worked out pretty well for this particular story. I'm not expecting a lot of people to like this show, but that's alright.

I'm glad Chie was alive, and that Satake was able to get back with her. Though, that ending makes it seem like Satake's journey back to Japan is gonna take another detour lol.

The real question is though, is Satake the unluckiest man ever, or does he just have a shit ton of plot armor?

8/10

Mar 20, 2023 8:23 PM

Feb 2021
In the end, He's still with misfortune but alive with luck XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 3, 10:30 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Acctra
Ngl, this was probably in my top 3, or at least in my top 5 for the fall season. It came out of left field and surprised me with how good it is. The animation isn't great, no, but but the stroy was good, and I feel like the animation actually worked out pretty well for this particular story. I'm not expecting a lot of people to like this show, but that's alright.

I'm glad Chie was alive, and that Satake was able to get back with her. Though, that ending makes it seem like Satake's journey back to Japan is gonna take another detour lol.

The real question is though, is Satake the unluckiest man ever, or does he just have a shit ton of plot armor?

8/10
Acctra said:

Why not both?

Eh, I'm undecided whether to consider this meh or decent all things considered, it's like the writing of the Knives Out sequel combined with the craziness of JoJo, but playing it straight, and with plot armor and amnesia being part of the premise itself, I don't know, I think I might give a decent rating now but that might change in the future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

11 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 3, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

13 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 3, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

17 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 2, 10:29 PM

» The official English manga dub is on YouTube

phantomfandom - Sep 2, 2023

1 by Emmywarrior159 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

13 by theonewhodk »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.