Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 11, 2022 8:01 AM
Sep 2018
Hey guys, I'm sure this might sound strange but I sometimes like to randomly watch an anime movie in the theater even if I have little context. For example I saw One Piece Film Red without knowing much and I actually loved it! Anyway, I haven't seen a single episode of Quintessential Quintuplets, wasn't even sure what it was, but I just saw the new movie in theaters. Wow, it was, uh...something! Did fans of the show like this one? I say this because people in my theater seemed pretty upset by the end, especially when
I enjoyed the film for the most part, I liked the colorful art style. I think Futaro is a bit bland but the female cast made up for it for me. My favorite moment was when he's on the swings with Yotsuba and he tries to make the same jump she did but the swing breaks and he almost like dies! Anyway, just wondering what you all thought of the movie/how it compares to the show?
Dec 11, 2022 8:06 AM
Sep 2018
I'm also curious who is considered "best girl" out of the sisters? I am a big fan of Nino, love her design, but I don't know if that's a minority opinion. Everyone in my theater seemed to love Itsuki best! Oh and I forgot to mention I did have a problem with the film's runtime. This movie was pushing 2 hrs 20 min and I REALLY feel like they could've wrapped things up quicker!! >_<
Dec 11, 2022 8:26 AM
Feb 2022
this is At list for me a cool anime/movie about cute girls and tutoring ih it is fun and natural big tits whit headphones is the Best like come on
Dec 11, 2022 8:28 AM
Jun 2022
Yotsuba easily the best
Dec 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Jul 2020
I liked the movie. What i was looking for/expecting from this movie was another 4-6 episodes worth of story and a nice wrapup to Futaro's choice. This is what we got. The format of the show was a little different than usual, focusing on each sister's experience during the 3 day festival, but I liked seeing how all of the plot points eventually fill in a complete narrative and draw a nice conclusion to how each sister has grown over the course of the series.
Dec 11, 2022 8:57 AM
Apr 2022
WhiteWolfKiba said:
Hey guys, I'm sure this might sound strange but I sometimes like to randomly watch an anime movie in the theater even if I have little context. For example I saw One Piece Film Red without knowing much and I actually loved it! Anyway, I haven't seen a single episode of Quintessential Quintuplets, wasn't even sure what it was, but I just saw the new movie in theaters. Wow, it was, uh...something! Did fans of the show like this one? I say this because people in my theater seemed pretty upset by the end, especially when
I enjoyed the film for the most part, I liked the colorful art style. I think Futaro is a bit bland but the female cast made up for it for me. My favorite moment was when he's on the swings with Yotsuba and he tries to make the same jump she did but the swing breaks and he almost like dies! Anyway, just wondering what you all thought of the movie/how it compares to the show?

I am tbh with my friend upset with the film I wanted Miku to win and he wanted Nino to win we both felt that the one that he choose put in the least amount compared to the others girls. At the end of day is our opinions.
Dec 11, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2017
Honestly, when I first finished the movie, I was just pissed at the ending because neither Nino nor Miku was chosen. But now after rethinking it, the movie was pretty good, with the animation and a proper closure to the series. But I would still prefer the show because of the character development there.
Dec 11, 2022 10:05 AM
Jun 2017
WhiteWolfKiba said:
I'm also curious who is considered "best girl" out of the sisters? I am a big fan of Nino, love her design, but I don't know if that's a minority opinion. Everyone in my theater seemed to love Itsuki best! Oh and I forgot to mention I did have a problem with the film's runtime. This movie was pushing 2 hrs 20 min and I REALLY feel like they could've wrapped things up quicker!! >_<

Personally, I like Nino the most. But from what I've seen, Miku is the most liked, followed by Nino. This is probably because of the character development in the show but that's just imo.
KhoraSGDec 11, 2022 10:08 AM
Dec 11, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2021
ambqr said:
Yotsuba easily the best

YESSIR

now this person is fucking W
Dec 11, 2022 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the movie but it should have been a series, in fact the whole season 2+movie should have been transformed into a 2 cour season. They cut many details that unfold his reasoning and explain his decision

The majority is either a Miku or Nino fan, and many, in my opinion, have been blinded by that and say they should have deserved it. Fuutarou thinks love in a different way than the majority, so that many people complained about the ending. As a Fuutarou fan (and consequently Yotsuba fan) it couldn't have ended in any other way, but that would be another entire discussion

Dec 11, 2022 10:27 AM
Mar 2022
team miku all the way, she an angel.
Dec 11, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2013
I liked the movie and was happy with his choice. I'm team Miku myself but I'm still happy with the way it turned out. I think a lot of people were pissed about the ending because their chosen match didn't get chosen...mostly because they didn't read the entire manga before hand or have it spoiled for them years ago like I did. The signs were still there that Yotsuba had a good shot. ideally it could have been any one of them and I still would have been satisfied.

It's good that you enjoyed the movie even without reading the manga or seeing the two seasons that came before it. The anime is the first 10 volumes of the Manga while the movie is the last 4. If anyone knew that back story of ALL the characters and how they became the characters they are in the present they would probably have a little bit more sympathy for a character like Yotsuba. Especially since she's the source of why Futaro is who he is at the beginning of the anime.

Some who were displeased with the ending think there should be a 3rd season to focus on what happens after the wedding or what happens between the 5 year time skip between graduation and the wedding. In all honesty a 3rd season is pointless since the manga is concluded and there's closure to the story. Anything beyond the movie is fan fiction and non cannon.
JubeJubeDec 11, 2022 11:38 AM
Dec 11, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 2022
I mean this anime defied the anime logic by letting the childhood friend win,and thats a rare thing
Dec 11, 2022 1:24 PM
Sep 2021
I wasn’t routing for Yotsuba nor did I even consider her a possibility. However, the way it was done personally I think was amazing. She wasn’t my first choice but after watching the film, I wouldn’t have wanted it to end any other way :). People can hate just cause their favourite didn’t win. It’s understandable when you have 5 very equally compatible characters. People are bound to like different ones and want for different outcomes.

However, it isn’t about what you personally want in my opinion with situations like this. It’s how its executed which really matters. People get blinded by their own wants and forget to look at the way it unfolded.

The film was executed really well. I do feel like it rushed some things here and there but overall, it was a brilliant outcome in my opinion even though my character didn’t get chosen
Dec 11, 2022 1:45 PM
Apr 2022
I disliked the movie but only because it was so boring
Dec 11, 2022 6:06 PM
Dec 2021
WhiteWolfKiba said:

You suppose to watch the anime then the movie
Dec 11, 2022 9:24 PM

Nov 2021
I still desire for this series to have bridged the gap for all the losing supporters and those who could've used more content that will only now be showcased either in the form of post-OVAs or a complete animation enhancing reboot 20 years from now. The arguments will forever be exhausting but how about some more inner perspectives in the future.
Dec 11, 2022 9:28 PM
May 2021
loved the movie, yotsuba winning was surprising to me and im happy it suprised me. my favorite is nino she really captured my heart in season 2 after me bot liking her in season 1, glad you enjoyed the movie
Dec 12, 2022 2:28 AM

Dec 2020
it was a good movie, people were just upset their favorite girl wasnt chosen to be the bride.
Dec 12, 2022 9:18 PM

Aug 2022
WhiteWolfKiba said:

The ending isnt a dream. They really end up together. But he should ended up with Nino for sure but Itsuki is a valid opinion. The show is much better in every way. But it did give the show an ending. This movie was a lengthened episode with so much things cramped into a small place.
dicloflomDec 12, 2022 9:23 PM
Dec 12, 2022 9:22 PM

Oct 2021
It's a pretty good movie, at least if you don't care about your favorite losing. I was spoiled a while before watching the movie, so I enjoyed it a lot more since I knew who would win, rather than waiting for the grand reveal. I also like Yotsuba a lot more now.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dec 12, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2022
WhiteWolfKiba said:

Nino slaps. But Itsuki is valid. Some large majority like Miku for some reason but she is the weakest. But ge really shouldn't end up with Yotsuba.
Dec 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Oct 2018
Manga >> movie

Even this, the manga is still bad. But not worst like the movie.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.