Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 28, 2022 7:15 AM

Jul 2020
Before I start this, if you liked that Yotsuba won, then good for you. I'm not about to get into an arguement with anyone about who should've won.

During the first two season I only saw her as a cheerful girl being helpful to everyone. But now she suddenly got a heavy backstory which doesn't really mean anything to me since to me, she was not "liked" from previous seasons. Not that I "hate" or but I didn' like that she got picked when she didn't do anything special.

And it's shown by this site and other sites like ani list that she's around the 4th liked sister behind Miku, Nino and Itsuki (and Itsuki doesn't even like Fuutarou).
But my guess is the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start and didn't care what the fans thought. Cause before the movie, there was no definite sign that Yotsuba is the one that will be chosen (correct me if I'm wrong).

For example in Oregairu, Nisekoi, Oreshura, Rent-a-girlfriend, A couply of cuckoos it's obvious from the first episode who will be picked (at least if you're a experienced rom-com watcher like me). But here the author had an opportunity to pick most liked character but chose the 4th most liked character instead since I don't recall any sign from the first episode. Which only makes me think more that the author had already picked Yotsuba from the start.

Well, now that I'm done with that I'm gonna go eat at my first ramen restaurant that's in Sweden while I think about why I just wrote so much about a rom-com anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2022 7:21 AM
Apr 2022
At this point you're ranting because your favorite girl didn't win.
Oct 28, 2022 7:25 AM

Jul 2020
TomboyTamer said:
Of course this is be my first response xD It's not lke I'm the only one who thinks like this. I just like to write out my feelings sometimes when something stupid happens. Like if it was obvious from the start I wouldn't care but when they make it like this I just wanna say something
Oct 28, 2022 7:27 AM
Jun 2021
same man
but it happened
Oct 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Mar 2021
I mean Fuutarou was looking for that girl when he meets when he went on that field trip (anyone can correct me if I was wrong about the field trip) and still has the photo from when they were little kids.

Oct 28, 2022 7:34 AM
Apr 2022
Kappejoj said:
TomboyTamer said:
Of course this is be my first response xD It's not lke I'm the only one who thinks like this. I just like to write out my feelings sometimes when something stupid happens. Like if it was obvious from the start I wouldn't care but when they make it like this I just wanna say something

"she didn't do anything special" boy, she's the best wing(wo)man and held herself back for 2 whole seasons. She's the one who works the hardest, yet people doesn't realize it.

Just because the ending of this anime (or the winner) is different from other RomCom anime, doesn't meant it's bad.
TomboyTamerOct 28, 2022 7:39 AM
Oct 28, 2022 7:35 AM
Mar 2022
I was dissaponted ať first when he chose her but after time skip it felt to me that this is the right ending. And also not even from first season we cannot say for sure witch one will Futaro pick cuz yotsuba was Nice to him from the start, miko start liking him and ichika and nino were more fond of him in season. So when was the third day of the festival i was suprised that i could not say witch one will be picked … was it good choice? I dont know, there is never an answer that will be liked by everybody but i was happy in the end and i am looking forward to rewatch this wholesome anime in the future.
Oct 28, 2022 7:37 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Levi is most like in Aot but Eren in the main characters so who TF cares who is liked more .. lmao moreover Yotsuba is a deserving win !!!
She was the nicest to FUTARO since day 01 and not bratty at all.. also very helpful and bitch went through a character development !!!

i think the ending was really nice !! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

so suck up and be happy for our queen Yotsuba !!

🎐 still at the restaurant
Oct 28, 2022 7:57 AM
Aug 2022
tbh, i kinda confused why did yotsuba win the race. She's not even in the spotlight at all, she's just a random girl that main protag met when he was in middle school. Sure he changes because of her, but the author only make her win because of that. Hell, even ichika has better character development than her
Oct 28, 2022 8:57 AM
Apr 2021
Love people who haven’t read the manga getting disappointed it’s happened so what we are only mad cause it wasn’t our favorite girl, it’s understandable when you actually dive into the reason an the story rather than just negating all that’s occurred
Oct 28, 2022 9:19 AM
Jul 2021
FearAfterLove said:
Love people who haven’t read the manga getting disappointed it’s happened so what we are only mad cause it wasn’t our favorite girl, it’s understandable when you actually dive into the reason an the story rather than just negating all that’s occurred

Agreed. People fail to realize that from the beginning she was the only one that supported him and strove to better herself. She put in the most effort by far and the effort was recognized, so it didn’t even matter that she was the one who first met him.
Oct 28, 2022 9:22 AM
Jun 2022
KingPeaceM2 said:
FearAfterLove said:

Agreed. People fail to realize that from the beginning she was the only one that supported him and strove to better herself. She put in the most effort by far and the effort was recognized, so it didn’t even matter that she was the one who first met him.

i both agree with the comments above. knowing the reason is really understandable. It's just a matter of fact that our best girl didn't win

also, i love the fact that yotsuba is written based on the author's wife. it's so sweet.
Oct 28, 2022 9:38 AM

Oct 2020
TomboyTamer said:
Kappejoj said:

"she didn't do anything special" boy, she's the best wing(wo)man and held herself back for 2 whole seasons. She's the one who works the hardest, yet people doesn't realize it.

Just because the ending of this anime (or the winner) is different from other RomCom anime, doesn't meant it's bad.
Exactly!!
It baffles me even more when people say Itsuki was a more deserving winner when she is literally a door, no personality whatsoever
Oct 28, 2022 9:44 AM
Apr 2022
DinoPapiro said:
TomboyTamer said:

Exactly!!
It baffles me even more when people say Itsuki was a more deserving winner when she is literally a door, no personality whatsoever

The fact that Itsuki has no interest in Fuutarou made no sense if she was the more deserving winner than Yotsuba.
Oct 28, 2022 9:47 AM

Oct 2020
TomboyTamer said:
DinoPapiro said:
Exactly!!

The fact that Itsuki has no interest in Fuutarou made no sense if she was the more deserving winner than Yotsuba.
Waifu wars make people say the wildest takes...
Oct 28, 2022 10:12 AM
May 2018
TomboyTamer said:
or because the character with the least development won and it feels cheap like battle anime last minute powerups to save the day.
Oct 28, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2022
Mercy_maya6 said:
TomboyTamer said:
or because the character with the least development won and it feels cheap like battle anime last minute powerups to save the day.

Oh look! Another person that upset that her favorite girl didn't win.
Oct 28, 2022 10:23 AM
Feb 2022
At this point, everybody that talks like this is a little mad that their girl didn't win.
Oct 28, 2022 10:24 AM
May 2021
If you watched the show well enough you would know that Yotsuba was a likely contender and here’s why (disclaimer: I am anime-only, and some of the reasons here are in my opinion and some are based off the show)

1. The second season hit us with the deep backstory bs and i know, i know, we all hate when backstory gets in the way of actual logic but it was bound to happen the moment the show made it clear that Futaro had met one of the quintuplets when he was little. It was also hinted heavily that Yotsuba was the one he met back then.

2. The fact that someone dressed up as Itsuki and kissed Futaro in the last episode of season 2 was enough to narrow down who the main contender was. Miku could get the dress up accurately but wouldn’t be brave enough and wouldn’t feel right doing that, couldn’t be Itsuki cus of her more friendly relationship with Futaro (I’ll get more into this in the next reason), so the only three quintuplets that could possibly do this are Ichika, Nino and Yotsuba and i’ll give reasons why he couldn’t have worked out with the other two.

3. Based off each of their relationships with Futaro, Yotsuba always had the deepest one even ignoring the fact they met years ago. Scenes such as the playground swing scene or her confession scene in season 1 showed how friendly and real their relationship was, it showed they didn’t need it to look like she was madly in love with him all the time to be close. She was literally the only sister that didn’t hate him at first and was real and friendly with him all through. Itsuki was basically the mature one and mother figure of the sisters and you could tell she wasn’t really focused on love or anything serious with Futaro most of the time, although she did develop feelings later on, Nino literally hated him for a good half of the show and is a literal tsundere, if you really thought that would work out idk what to tell you, Ichika for the first half was really selfish, had a terrible personality and would literally do anything even betraying her sisters just to get Futaro, although she had good character development later on this really stained their relationship, so the only contenders left were Miku and Yotsuba, and if you asked me Miku was really cute and all, had a good relationship with him and everyone was rooting for her, i get it, but facts is he had the best relationship with Yotsuba.

4. Finally. in my opinion, the fact that he had the least on-screen interactions with Yotsuba, yet each scene they had together where really memorable, wholesome and deep really meant a lot. Yes in the movie, Miku had the best kiss scene, he also had a lot of amazing moments with the other sisters, but if you really watched this show you really cant come out and say Yotsuba wasnt a contender from the start and call it ‘a weird ending’ just based off the fact she was the least liked sister or your least favourite girl, cmon man.
Oct 28, 2022 11:07 AM
May 2018
TomboyTamer said:
Mercy_maya6 said:

TomboyTamer said:
Mercy_maya6 said:

it’s called *Bad writing* character development is what makes you care about the characters in the first place.
Oct 28, 2022 11:09 AM
Apr 2022
Mercy_maya6 said:
TomboyTamer said:

TomboyTamer said:

it’s called *Bad writing* character development is what makes you care about the characters in the first place.

It's not? Are even watching the same series?
Oct 28, 2022 11:25 AM
May 2018
TomboyTamer said:
Mercy_maya6 said:

Yes it is and you assume people dislike for this ending is because of favoritism and not poor writing any of the other girls would have been more satisfying.
Oct 28, 2022 11:33 AM
Apr 2022
Mercy_maya6 said:
TomboyTamer said:

Yes it is and you assume people dislike for this ending is because of favoritism and not poor writing any of the other girls would have been more satisfying.

I'm sorry, but you need to read others opinion on this thread, there are many reasons why Yotsuba really deserved it.
Oct 28, 2022 1:44 PM

May 2016
As one that started reading the manga right after the belltower, there's a couple of points that I would like to make. I think a lot of the people in the fandom self inserted their preferences instead of seeing it from Fuu's POV. During the first Kyoto trip, Yotsuba and Fuu created a covenant to study as hard as they can so they can make a lot of money to help their families. At the time, Fuu was like his father, not quite a delinquent, but someone who preferred to have a good time over studying. Yotsuba's declaration to study hard and make money for the sake of her mom inspired Fuu to do the same for Raiha's sake. Even in elemantary school(pretty sure they were in 6th grade at the time), Fuu recognized Yotsuba as someone special.

Before he met Yotsuba, he had a crush on Takeyabashi. Afterwards, he literally changed his life. Takeyabashi herself stated after the trip "that girl"(Yotsubsa) was all he would talk about. Once he figured out later Yotsuba was the girl in the picture, how could he chose anyone else?

What's also been understated is that it was Yotsuba most of all that helped him get out of his shell. From the walk of courage to nominating him as class rep to the festival, Yotsuba has always been pushing him to grow in ways outside of being a book nerd. I think Fuu realized this in the later parts in the manga, and understood that his life was better for it.

"But Yotsuba had no character development!" Let me ask you this: would you want your girlfriend/sig other to have the most character development? My father's last four wives(he's been married six times) had a lot of "character". They were also batshit insane. Nino drugged Fuu twice. Ichika impersonated Miku to try to get Fuu to pass on Miku and choose her instead. Miku transitioned from Dandere to borderline Yandere. Not saying Yotsuba or Itsuki gets a pass from being weird because of the whole Rena thing, just saying that because someone changes their life because of the MC does not make them the best choice for the MC. One could say Yotsuba had a lot of character development, if you count from the first Kyoto trip. She was the first one to see herself as an individual, not as just part of the quint collective.

I know Negi didn't finish the manga properly. At the beginning it was marketed as a mystery as much as it was a harem romance. "Who is the bride?" True, Negi had chosen Yotsuba from the start, but I feel he should've transitioned it better and sprinkled a few more clues throughout so that even the Nino and Miku shippers could understand. Of all the girls, I think he did Itsuki the worst. He made her the weakest character, and the whole Biodad thing was a mistake. I also didn't like how he did the fallout post confession, with the drama between Yotsuba and Nino and then Miku. I believe there were pressures happening due to the sudden popularity of the manga, Negi got burned out, and he phoned in the last 30-40 chapters.

I say to the anime onlies, read the manga. To the manga people, read it again. To the gamers, it doesn't matter, you can have your Nino or MIku..... :' )

"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 28, 2022 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah I know what you feel because your fav girl didn't win the race. but for me the point of this anime, is how the girls, dealing with they liking the same guy, how they overcame it, and how they grow as a better character.

I'm always rooting for Ichika, she didn't win, I'm fine with it. she got the development she deserve, after what she done in 2nd season.
Oct 28, 2022 7:31 PM
Jun 2022
As someone neutral, I'd say Youtsuba is a good choice
What I understood from the movie is that if Uesugi had chosen any other girl, Youtsuba's life would have ended in a tragedy.
While other girls had jobs in 5 years,her job wasn't clearly mentioned,which means Uesugi takes care of her financial needs
Moreover,she is his childhood friend,which is rare cause as we know childhood friends never win
,and she is short haired which also has a less chance of winning
Oct 28, 2022 8:33 PM

May 2016
AnosTheGod said:
What I understood from the movie is that if Uesugi had chosen any other girl, Youtsuba's life would have ended in a tragedy.

What you just said is exactly why so many people have such a problem with the ending. Yotsuba has a lot of issues but suicidal isn't one of them. Yotsuba would never even contemplate taking her own life unless she lost everything, from Fuutarou to her sisters. That's really pushing it there. The more likely scenario that if Fuutarou had chosen someone else it would've sent her a message that it was time for her to move and start living her own life instead of centering it so much on one person.

While other girls had jobs in 5 years,her job wasn't clearly mentioned,which means Uesugi takes care of her financial needs

And what will Yotsuba do should something happen to Fuutarou? Or what if he suddenly decides to leave her in the future? And don't try to tell me that he would never do something like that. A million things can happen in a marriage and people can change for the worse. There's no guarantee that the two of them will stay together forever. It's bad enough that Yotsuba is portrayed as someone who's built her whole life around Fuutarou but now she'll be entirely dependent on him, and that is NOT a good thing.

So again, what would Yotsuba do if Fuutarou was suddenly no longer around? Go to her sisters? She can't depend on them forever. Even she knows that. And they may not be in a position to help her. They'll have their own lives to live, their own children to raise. She wouldn't want to become a burden to them. And it's highly unlikely she'll go to her stepdad either since she's always been intimidated by him. So what will she do? Get a job? What if she can't hold a job? There's a reason why she doesn't have a job like her sisters do and it's because Yotsuba is completely irresponsible as a person. She's been carried her entire life. First with her sisters and now with Fuutarou. If Yotsuba suddenly found herself all alone with no home or money she wouldn't be able to survive. She doesn't know how. The most likely scenario is that she would've ended up living on the streets, and we all know where that leads.

Moreover,she is his childhood friend,which is rare cause as we know childhood friends never win

I hate to break this to you but Yotsuba was never the childhood friend. That was Takebayashi. Yotsuba only knew Fuutarou for what? A day at most? Whereas Takebayashi knew him for years. And don't forget that Ichika also met Fuutarou too when they were kids. So how does Yotsuba qualify as the childhood friend? Just because they made a promise? A promise she didn't keep? And what does her having short hair have to do with her winning? Nino has short hair too you know.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 28, 2022 9:15 PM
Sep 2021
Ngl Nino or Miku would have been the best pick. Nino is no doubt the best character in the series with the best development. I'd like them to give alternate endings to each one that's the only option ig
Oct 28, 2022 9:59 PM
Mar 2022
I guess I feel u on it. When I first read it it did seem like that to me, but it is true that she was the first one to embrace him and the reason they all met. And the backstory was foreshadowed just enough that u would know that yotsuba was the one he met. I think this is a case where even if yotsuba isn’t my favorite I’m completely fine with it bc I like all of the sisters and it makes sense.

In regards to comparing it to other harems like the ones u named, is it not refreshing to not know exactly who would win from the start? After u have seen enough like we have and we know the outcome, I quite liked the fact that I never knew who would win in gotoubun no hanayome. Maybe that’s just a me thing tho. If u hate the outcome then I can’t really change ur mind. I just appreciate that it isn’t cut-and-dry and u know who wins from the start. Even when I hadn’t watched many harems and romance I thought it was very easy to tell who would end up with who in most shows, so this is a nice change.

I’m biased tho bc I love the series a lot !
Oct 28, 2022 10:08 PM
Oct 2019
The manga makes more sense and has hella foreshadowing, so yeah I think she was destined to win from the start (and personally I don't mind since it pleasantly surprised me and she's a good girl <3)
Oct 28, 2022 11:32 PM

Feb 2021
The movie definitely skipped some arguably important details (Ichika taking a break from school is one of them), but none of which really 'justifies' Yotsuba being the winner imo. Yes, she helped everyone behind the scene as a redemption for being pompous. But all of that happens behind the screen where the viewers don't know about except after it is revealed to them at the finale. Even the last arc in the manga is so weird, suddenly bringing Takebayashi back, revealing the quintuplets' biological father, and Yotsuba's backstory, less rushed than in the adaptation.

90% sure people will just brush OP's post as 'your waifu didn't win so you rant' but the ending really doesn't make sense. If, say, the rest of the quintuplets won instead of Yotsuba, that would make much more sense to me. Even Itsuki who seems to have the least 'romantic moments' with Fuutarou, because their interactions are the best in the series (you can clearly tell I'm in Team Itsuki).

TLDR: Yeah Yotsuba helped everyone but it is only revealed almost at the very end which isn't really good imo. Yeah I'm also salty that Itsuki didn't win.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 28, 2022 11:41 PM

Feb 2021
tywhoppity said:
As one that started reading the manga right after the belltower, there's a couple of points that I would like to make. I think a lot of the people in the fandom self inserted their preferences instead of seeing it from Fuu's POV. During the first Kyoto trip, Yotsuba and Fuu created a covenant to study as hard as they can so they can make a lot of money to help their families. At the time, Fuu was like his father, not quite a delinquent, but someone who preferred to have a good time over studying. Yotsuba's declaration to study hard and make money for the sake of her mom inspired Fuu to do the same for Raiha's sake. Even in elemantary school(pretty sure they were in 6th grade at the time), Fuu recognized Yotsuba as someone special.

Before he met Yotsuba, he had a crush on Takeyabashi. Afterwards, he literally changed his life. Takeyabashi herself stated after the trip "that girl"(Yotsubsa) was all he would talk about. Once he figured out later Yotsuba was the girl in the picture, how could he chose anyone else?

What's also been understated is that it was Yotsuba most of all that helped him get out of his shell. From the walk of courage to nominating him as class rep to the festival, Yotsuba has always been pushing him to grow in ways outside of being a book nerd. I think Fuu realized this in the later parts in the manga, and understood that his life was better for it.

"But Yotsuba had no character development!" Let me ask you this: would you want your girlfriend/sig other to have the most character development? My father's last four wives(he's been married six times) had a lot of "character". They were also batshit insane. Nino drugged Fuu twice. Ichika impersonated Miku to try to get Fuu to pass on Miku and choose her instead. Miku transitioned from Dandere to borderline Yandere. Not saying Yotsuba or Itsuki gets a pass from being weird because of the whole Rena thing, just saying that because someone changes their life because of the MC does not make them the best choice for the MC. One could say Yotsuba had a lot of character development, if you count from the first Kyoto trip. She was the first one to see herself as an individual, not as just part of the quint collective.

I know Negi didn't finish the manga properly. At the beginning it was marketed as a mystery as much as it was a harem romance. "Who is the bride?" True, Negi had chosen Yotsuba from the start, but I feel he should've transitioned it better and sprinkled a few more clues throughout so that even the Nino and Miku shippers could understand. Of all the girls, I think he did Itsuki the worst. He made her the weakest character, and the whole Biodad thing was a mistake. I also didn't like how he did the fallout post confession, with the drama between Yotsuba and Nino and then Miku. I believe there were pressures happening due to the sudden popularity of the manga, Negi got burned out, and he phoned in the last 30-40 chapters.

I say to the anime onlies, read the manga. To the manga people, read it again. To the gamers, it doesn't matter, you can have your Nino or MIku..... :' )

I kinda agree with you, but character development is crucial and Yotsuba has close to none of it. It's the same reason why the 'best girl' in harem shows don't win. They generally have no development. An example, Onodera Kosaki (best girl btw) is kind, caring, always does her best in everything, but because she has been that way since chapter/episode 1, she has no room to improve herself. Which is why Chitoge, who has quite the shitty personality, looks better story telling wise because she turns for the better.

Going back to Yotsuba, the one kind thing Yotsuba does for Fuutaro that the viewers know from the beginning of the series is that she's very cooperative by taking Fuutaro's lessons. That's it. We know halfway in the manga that she is in fact the girl Fuutaro met in Kyoto, but that's about it. On the other hand, Nino hated Fuutaro but redeems herself by owning up to her doings in the past. That's development. Itsuki wasn't as cooperative as Yotsuba was at the start. But she gradually opens up and accepts and acknowledges Fuutaro as a great teacher as well as a love interest (subtly).

That's just my opinion though.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 29, 2022 12:13 AM
Jun 2022
Nah I'd rather say it's his choice not ours. It's obvious we all want our favourite one. But more precisely it would have been better with ichika, the one who calls herself the oldest one.
Oct 29, 2022 2:28 AM
Jun 2022
Damn the "people" in this forum really love to self insert.
Oct 29, 2022 3:01 AM
Jun 2022
DirectorK said:
AnosTheGod said:

What you just said is exactly why so many people have such a problem with the ending. Yotsuba has a lot of issues but suicidal isn't one of them. Yotsuba would never even contemplate taking her own life unless she lost everything, from Fuutarou to her sisters. That's really pushing it there. The more likely scenario that if Fuutarou had chosen someone else it would've sent her a message that it was time for her to move and start living her own life instead of centering it so much on one person.

And what will Yotsuba do should something happen to Fuutarou? Or what if he suddenly decides to leave her in the future? And don't try to tell me that he would never do something like that. A million things can happen in a marriage and people can change for the worse. There's no guarantee that the two of them will stay together forever. It's bad enough that Yotsuba is portrayed as someone who's built her whole life around Fuutarou but now she'll be entirely dependent on him, and that is NOT a good thing.

So again, what would Yotsuba do if Fuutarou was suddenly no longer around? Go to her sisters? She can't depend on them forever. Even she knows that. And they may not be in a position to help her. They'll have their own lives to live, their own children to raise. She wouldn't want to become a burden to them. And it's highly unlikely she'll go to her stepdad either since she's always been intimidated by him. So what will she do? Get a job? What if she can't hold a job? There's a reason why she doesn't have a job like her sisters do and it's because Yotsuba is completely irresponsible as a person. She's been carried her entire life. First with her sisters and now with Fuutarou. If Yotsuba suddenly found herself all alone with no home or money she wouldn't be able to survive. She doesn't know how. The most likely scenario is that she would've ended up living on the streets, and we all know where that leads.

I hate to break this to you but Yotsuba was never the childhood friend. That was Takebayashi. Yotsuba only knew Fuutarou for what? A day at most? Whereas Takebayashi knew him for years. And don't forget that Ichika also met Fuutarou too when they were kids. So how does Yotsuba qualify as the childhood friend? Just because they made a promise? A promise she didn't keep? And what does her having short hair have to do with her winning? Nino has short hair too you know.

suicidal?bro trust me,this depression thing is much worse than dying,cause by dying you are actually free from any pain or suffering
Oct 29, 2022 6:45 AM
Jun 2022
DirectorK said:
AnosTheGod said:

bro before typing such lame and logic less stuff,pls,pleeese,PLEASE do some research on it.
Go to "Google" type "quintuplets author" that's enough
Oct 29, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2017
Best girl wins, suck it up.
Oct 29, 2022 6:57 AM
Jun 2020
I quite liked the ending, though I liked all of the quints tbf so I was glad they all stayed together. When he can differentiate from all the quints when they all dressed in wedding dress too, it suggests that he does harbour some feelings towards them all as you can't tell them apart without love.
Oct 29, 2022 7:00 AM

Dec 2020
Ya,it hurts that my favorite quintuplet didn't won but the ending was not weird and bad.Uesugi from the start wanted to choose the temple girl.

For your Information:

Oct 29, 2022 7:15 AM

May 2021
Kappejoj said:
when she didn't do anything special

Yea, i think you forgot the fact that the author emphasis using Yotsuba's mother that she didn't need to be anything special to be loved, its already shown in this movie, so i am guessing the author really intended yotsuba to win at first, due to her meeting with fuutaro in his past, and making promises and kept until the present highschool life, and fuutaro still love that girl from his past, and making yotsuba blend in the background characters, and making her cheerful and supportive which fuutaro needs cuz in the movie it says something about fuutaro sometimes fail to his path and needed an assistant but idk thats just my thought
Oct 29, 2022 3:15 PM

May 2021
Kappejoj said:
For example in Oregairu, Nisekoi, Oreshura, Rent-a-girlfriend, A couply of cuckoos it's obvious from the first episode who will be picked (at least if you're a experienced rom-com watcher like me).

thats bs and you know it lol

Oct 29, 2022 9:19 PM

May 2016
AnosTheGod said:
suicidal?bro trust me,this depression thing is much worse than dying,cause by dying you are actually free from any pain or suffering

Are you dumb? Depression is what leads to suicide. You said yourself that if Fuutarou didn't choose Yotsuba her life would end in tragedy. What am I supposed to think with what you're implying there? That Yotsuba will spend the rest of her life in misery just because she couldn't be with Fuutarou? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? That only makes her look even more weak and pathetic than she already is.

bro before typing such lame and logic less stuff,pls,pleeese,PLEASE do some research on it.

I really don't know what you're trying to suggest here. Research what? The fact that Yotsuba is based on Negi's wife and that's all I need to know? I already knew that and it doesn't make the ending any better. If his wife really is anything like Yotsuba then I really have to question if that's how he really thinks of her. What I said up above is all based on common sense.
DirectorKOct 29, 2022 11:34 PM
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Oct 29, 2022 9:21 PM
Jun 2022
there's a bloke here who wants to grab attention by making up stuff even the author doesn't know,I kindly request my colleagues to forgive him
Oct 29, 2022 9:22 PM
Jun 2022
DirectorK said:
AnosTheGod said:

Are you dumb? Depression is what leads to suicide. You said yourself that if Fuutarou didn't choose Yotsuba it would lead to tragedy. What am I supposed to think with what you're implying there? That Yotsuba will spend the rest of her life in misery just because she couldn't be with Fuutarou? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? That only makes Yotsuba look even more weak and pathetic than she already is.

I really don't know what you're trying to suggest here. Research what? The fact that Yotsuba is based is based on Negi's wife and that's all I need to know? I already knew that and it doesn't make the ending any better. If his wife really is anything like Yotsuba then I really have to question if that's how he really thinks of her. What I said up above is all based on common sense.

yes according to your logic our main couple is going to break up after 5yrs,right?
Oct 29, 2022 10:54 PM

May 2016
AnosTheGod said:
DirectorK said:

Are you dumb? Depression is what leads to suicide. You said yourself that if Fuutarou didn't choose Yotsuba it would lead to tragedy. What am I supposed to think with what you're implying there? That Yotsuba will spend the rest of her life in misery just because she couldn't be with Fuutarou? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? That only makes Yotsuba look even more weak and pathetic than she already is.

I really don't know what you're trying to suggest here. Research what? The fact that Yotsuba is based is based on Negi's wife and that's all I need to know? I already knew that and it doesn't make the ending any better. If his wife really is anything like Yotsuba then I really have to question if that's how he really thinks of her. What I said up above is all based on common sense.

yes according to your logic our main couple is going to break up after 5yrs,right?

Well, yes. That 's exactly what I'm implying because that kind of thing happens quite often in real life. Our main couple gets married right after college. That's way too soon. There's a reason why most couples don't marry young because they want to live their own lives and fulfill their dreams before settling down and start a family. At the same time they're trying to figure if their relationship can really work and as they grow older and wiser their perspectives will change. And as I said before, people can change for the worse. Who's to say that their marriage won't end in a bitter divorce should Yotsuba suddenly realize that Fuutarou isn't who she thought he was? Whose to say that Fuutarou won't decide to leave her for another woman simply because he grew bored of her? Or again, what if something happens to Fuutarou and Yotsuba is left all by herself?

You said it yourself. Yotsuba is the only one who doesn't have a job so she'll be entirely dependent on Fuutarou. Come on, man. You can't be this ignorant.
Oct 29, 2022 11:12 PM
Jun 2022
DirectorK said:
AnosTheGod said:

Well, yes. That 's exactly what I'm implying because that kind of thing happens quite often in real life. Our main couple gets married right after college. That's way too soon. There's a reason why most couples don't marry young because they want to live their own lives and fulfill their dreams before settling down and start a family. At the same time they're trying to figure if their relationship can really work and as they grow older and wiser their perspectives will change. And as I said before, people can change for the worse. Who's to say that their marriage won't end in a bitter divorce should Yotsuba suddenly realize that Fuutarou isn't who she thought he was? Whose to say that Fuutarou won't decide to leave her for another woman simply because he grew bored of her? Or again, what if something happens to Fuutarou and Yotsuba is left all by herself?

You said it yourself. Yotsuba is the only one who doesn't have a job so she'll be entirely dependent on Fuutarou. Come on, man. You can't be this ignorant.

BRO DONT COMPARE ANIME WITH REAL LIFE
what is wrong with you?who compared things like that?
Oct 29, 2022 11:23 PM

May 2016
AnosTheGod said:
DirectorK said:

Because that's what intelligent people like myself do. We look at things from a realistic perspective, often based on our own experiences through life. We don't treat anime like it's the real thing because in the end it's nothing but a fantasy. If you can't handle it that's your problem, not mine.
Oct 29, 2022 11:26 PM
Jun 2022
DirectorK said:
AnosTheGod said:

Because that's what intelligent people like myself do. We look at things from a realistic perspective, often based on our own experiences through life. We don't treat anime like it's the real thing because in the end it's nothing but a fantasy. If you can't handle it that's your problem, not mine.

I wish I had that abilitiy,so that I can bring stuff like attack on Titan and highschool dxd into real life

sad

also I can't imagine a harem anime in real life where 5 girls are fawning for a guy
AnosTheGodOct 29, 2022 11:50 PM
Oct 30, 2022 7:30 AM
Jan 2021
winning only because of "character development" reasons... even irl you'll surely neglect or won't choose the girl, who like you a lot but you don't even care bc you already love someone, who had developed herself to the best of her own just to make you love her
Nov 4, 2022 12:25 PM

Apr 2020
Worsties said:
I mean Fuutarou was looking for that girl when he meets when he went on that field trip (anyone can correct me if I was wrong about the field trip) and still has the photo from when they were little kids.

bro even after wedding futaro still dont know about yotsuba being Rena
that's why futaro choice feels more shallow
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.