Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2022 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
This adventure is very classic with its fantasy elements so we got chests with jewels, healing sources, and a new adventure to a brand new town.

Shiloh seems to be a rather persistent guy to persuade others. Idk if that's one of his character strengths or not but he's definitely not the type to give up easily.
Oct 21, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 21, 2022 11:23 AM
Sep 2015
Did she just mercilessly kill Jumi guy? Poor him, I thought this is a peaceful anime.
Oct 21, 2022 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
I hope Serafina will join Shiloh's party.

No surprise that the Bejeweled City is no more, looks at the quality of the knights. Getting 2-shotted.

Well least someone is happy, but is just a sproutling.
Oct 21, 2022 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was nice how we got more info about the Jumi and how they worked inside their society previously but that Sandra killing Rubens by taking his gem heart was really something else :o I thought it would be a full village discovery and info-gathering episode so that surprised me.
The last 30 seconds with the sproutling being free of the attacking worm were really cute though lol
Oct 21, 2022 2:24 PM
May 2016
Nonsensical plot, unbelievable actions. Kiddy story with bad narration. In short, this anime sucks!
Oct 21, 2022 3:25 PM

Nov 2012
Did he just sit there and watch dude die right after exclaiming that he would protect him from the very person that just fukkin' killed him? How fekkin' useless can you be? Shiloh is pathetic. I gave it 3 watches. I can't with this. The color is dull and the lead is dumber than a box of rocks.
Oct 21, 2022 4:36 PM

Oct 2016
Eh, half the episode made it seem like nothing was happening, then the other half had a lot more stuff going on that needed a bit more time, the backstory of the jewels, two characters appearing out of nowhere, more information given about more characters, an assassination, and the post credits scene almost made fun of the whole second half.
Oct 21, 2022 4:46 PM
Aug 2018
why do something when you can just watch somebody dying ? XD this should be 18+
Oct 21, 2022 5:47 PM
Jan 2020
the animators should be ashamed compared to the background artist
Oct 21, 2022 6:49 PM
Feb 2022
It is really boring for most of the time. I was thinking about dropping it to be honest. I really love anime that have a fantasy vibe but it fills like really simple story for little kids to watch with little action, plot or anything. I haven't played the game so I now only the story from the anime and they really can't tell a good story. The main protagonist have no reason no motivated other that I want to help them because they were kinda nice. The world is pretty unique but they are not telling much about it, you are always waiting for some action but you won't get any.
It is the third episode and I think it only get worse.
Oct 21, 2022 6:51 PM
Feb 2022
dragynfaerie said:
Did he just sit there and watch dude die right after exclaiming that he would protect him from the very person that just fukkin' killed him? How fekkin' useless can you be? Shiloh is pathetic. I gave it 3 watches. I can't with this. The color is dull and the lead is dumber than a box of rocks.

I felt the same. it was really pathetic display of power to be beaten like that and then just stand and watch guy get killed. but after oo after that he is like ow I will protect them bro she just take you down with the one kick.
Oct 21, 2022 6:54 PM

Feb 2019
Oct 21, 2022 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
The scene with Sandra and Rubens at the terrace was perfect *-* I liked how they made the girl personality (Seraphina) based of the manga adaptation.

But shame that they didn't showed Daena in this episode, I was waiting to see her, too bag though ;w;

ArrowPL said:
dragynfaerie said:

I felt the same. it was really pathetic display of power to be beaten like that and then just stand and watch guy get killed. but after oo after that he is like ow I will protect them bro she just take you down with the one kick.

So in the game you're just an observer and you don't anything to alter the story plus you always one step behind Sandra and she is too fast for you character, also Shiloh attacked her which is better than which you can do in the game lol also I don't think that it didn't matter bc she could kill him anyway.

naka_michi said:

I think that they wanted to show the girl and they already have too much going on on this chapter so they skipped it but they will show it in another episode bc it is in the opening.
KamiruraOct 21, 2022 7:20 PM
Oct 21, 2022 7:46 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
So, funny story. I bought this game when it came out when I was in high school (yeah I'm old, whatever). I was soooooo excited to play it, and I did start to play it. But my friend really, really wanted to play it as well. So I was like, yeah what the hell... I'll just play it after... I'm in no rush. Anyway about a month goes by and he hadn't returned my copy yet. So I asked him about it and he said he wasn't finished it yet and he'd get it back when he was. So whatever I thought. But then I forgot about it for a while. Another month or so passed when I remembered and asked again. I got the same answer, only in a more uncomfortable manor. So it took a bit, but I finally sused out why he hadn't returned my game. Another friend of mine told me that he had accidently traded it in to the local game store and hadn't been able to get me a replacement copy. And to this day I haven't replaced my copy of Legend of Mana, nor have I bothered to play it again.

So anyway I'm dropping this series. It's pretty, but far too disjointed in many ways. Maybe I'll come back it it some day... or not.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Oct 21, 2022 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
ArrowPL said:
dragynfaerie said:

Right! She said, "Don't move or I'll kill him," and he was like a trained puppy. He didn't try to call for help. nothing. Now that I think about it the Jumi guy didn't even try to save himself. Apparently only those that played the game will like this.
Oct 22, 2022 1:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Maaaan, first we get introduced to this dude for like... a second and then we spend all this time on... not him... and then we watch him die as Shiloh watches him die? I hope we weren't supposed to feel upset or anything by his death because I didn't really get any emotional tugs from that whatsoever. Like dang, they tried to make it kinda dramatic with that music and him using his last words to mention Diana too. How embarrassing I don't know what to say about that.;; It hard because I feel the setting is cool, enchanting, and such, but oof... the direction...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 22, 2022 2:05 AM
Oct 2019
It's so weird seeing both Shiloh and Seraphina exist together, I believe in the game whoever we didn't choose as our MC will not appear in the game because they shared the same role.

Wow Ruben die like that?
It's been so long already, i don't remember the story of this part so it's kinda like I'm experience the story for the first time again.
Oct 22, 2022 2:59 AM
May 2021
Qué paso con la escena de post-créditos bien rara, episodio raro he apareció nuevo personaje y en menos de 4 minutos te lo matan que piola :c creo que lo único que tiene sentido aquí es el propósito de Shinju y Ruri de encontrar a más jumis y sobre Shiloh en el episodio pasado demostró un poco de poder porque no lo uso en esta ocasion si sabe muy bien de que Sandra es la que está matando a muchos Jumis, aaaa
Oct 22, 2022 11:24 AM

Jun 2009
I just can't brain how useless Shiloh in the end of episode. Only took one kick and one sentence "Don't move or I'll kill him" to stop him from taking any action. What's the point of not moving but still letting Rubens got killed. I get that the story needs Rubens to die but at least give Shiloh a decent fight with Sandra. (-__-)

Oct 22, 2022 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
Ah, I need to know more about this Jumi backstory
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 23, 2022 3:27 AM
Dec 2013
Ok so Legend of Mana is a game I've played many many times as a kid and also one I literally just rebeat again a few moments ago and I gotta say the way the events play out in the game are not only quite a bit different, but are also just better/make a lot more sense given the differing context. Note the following spoiler only describes the way these events played in the game for this episode and comparing it to the anime, I don't go further than that.

TertyBerbyOct 23, 2022 3:34 AM
Oct 23, 2022 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is decent. Nothing wow worthy yet. But that Jumi guy getting killed was unexpected. It seems like it is a turning point for Shiloh. For him getting more serious about helping the Jumi.
Oct 23, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2021
Still no info about how many episodes will this series have... Strange. I think it means that it will have more than 13 episodes.
Oct 23, 2022 5:31 PM
May 2016
The event wrap up just like in the game. All of you whining about the mc being weak. Sorry for not being your usual OVERPOWERED MC like your kiddy Isekai/Superheroes show. The mc just an errand boy. Yeah sure he tried to fight huge ogre before but this time someone is threatened him. Even in the game, in the early game where you able to go to Gato grottos you still freaking weak unless you bring a companion as a decoy.
Oct 23, 2022 9:17 PM

Oct 2018
Rahari said:
The event wrap up just like in the game. All of you whining about the mc being weak. Sorry for not being your usual OVERPOWERED MC like your kiddy Isekai/Superheroes show. The mc just an errand boy. Yeah sure he tried to fight huge ogre before but this time someone is threatened him. Even in the game, in the early game where you able to go to Gato grottos you still freaking weak unless you bring a companion as a decoy.

THANK YOU, clearly most of these whiny responses are from people who never played Legend of Mana, if anything happened differently this wouldn't be much of an adaptation of the game LOL!
Oct 24, 2022 2:39 AM
Dec 2010
surprised they went with this version instead of the possibility that Elazul is with the hero when they meet Rubens
Oct 24, 2022 12:51 PM

Feb 2021
Rahari said:

Rahari said:

shadowii said:
surprised they went with this version instead of the possibility that Elazul is with the hero when they meet Rubens

Yes, very sad that they decided to adapt the game this way.
Oct 25, 2022 6:15 AM
Jul 2017
Hayami Saori's voice so soothing.
Love the pace and depth of the story so far, very easy to watch. I can see myself enjoying this series for many more episodes.
Oct 26, 2022 11:01 AM

Sep 2020
Decent episode again, the second half was way better than the first one. The Jumi people really do have it hard with them disappearing after their gem is taken. It was so good to see some Jumi backstory (at least something that's interesting), but then Rubens got shit on (here I thought he was a warrior) and Shiloh not doing much. It might also be that Sandra is super op but I didn't get that feeling from watching the fight, that is if you can even call it that. The show is very gamelike and it reminded me of playing wynncraft, but the way it was spun into an anime just isn't my cup of tea.
Oct 27, 2022 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
This could pass decades ago as a JRPG story. Today even elementary schoolers would prefer something more believable and coherent. Quality bar was raised, sorry.
Oct 28, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2010
TertyBerby said:
Ok so Legend of Mana is a game I've played many many times as a kid and also one I literally just rebeat again a few moments ago and I gotta say the way the events play out in the game are not only quite a bit different, but are also just better/make a lot more sense given the differing context. Note the following spoiler only describes the way these events played in the game for this episode and comparing it to the anime, I don't go further than that.

I get your point, they could have made Sandra display a bit of her power so it'd make sense why Shiloh couldn't do anything but I get your point. I think that with the game being too open it's giving the writers a harder time into adapting into an anime.
Oct 31, 2022 1:38 AM

Jul 2010
Ok, maybe now, anything cool start to happing.
Nov 1, 2022 9:12 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
TertyBerby said:

Thanks for explaining this. Kinda worries me that adapting this might cause problems down the road too. However, it makes me want to approach it with more forgiveness as well.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 25, 2022 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
Sandra's threat to kill was kinda pointless since she killed him anyway... rip Ruben though

Jan 1, 2023 10:41 PM

Feb 2021
Jumi is being targeted... They are just being hunted like animals in that world.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 21, 2023 11:50 AM
Dec 2019
It just fills empty.
Oct 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
I like how he just sat there staring as she ripped the gem off the other dude, what a hero.
Apr 7, 9:24 AM
Mar 2021
Que sont devenues mes amours?
Apr 7, 9:25 AM
Mar 2021
Que sont devenues mes amours?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.