Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Phantom of the Idol
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2022 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
The famed beach episode is here!

...and Niyodo is the same annoyance as always, into ZINGS's 1st calendar photo shoot. Though how that came about with the fans' surveys of requests sure concoct some good and weird ideas from Sweet Pharmacy thinking high and low on how will it look on them. Niyodo's desperation shows, and Asahi lends her phantom to show how it's done. Trying to ask Yoshino about how he keeps his skin tone consistent, and what he mentions sure shocks them hard.

From the pool to Halloween cosplay (which Asahi fits the imagery so nice), Christmas to Cgrass-inspired prince outfits, autumn ...they're more like the crew imagining the fantasies of Yoshino and Kasenjiki being VERY obsessive about Niyodo. But the one that captures the most attention Niyodo's own idea of trading outfits...which really is the most popular of them all. The power of the gap...or more like comfortable wearing due to laziness.

Quite the hilarious episode of fantasies running wild.
KANLen09Aug 19, 2022 11:21 AM
Aug 19, 2022 11:19 AM

Feb 2020
Probably the funniest episode so far.

Asahi looked so cute in her Halloween costume. :)

SerafosJul 16, 9:23 AM
Aug 19, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
With a cost of skincare 200,000 yen per month, it's no wonder why many idols are not making money, no, they're making money, but they're spending more than they're making...

Anyway, this episode reminds me why I'm not into an idol, a real world idol anyway. Because I'm not gonna satisfied with this kind of calendar photoshoot.
Aug 19, 2022 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
swimsuit Asahi lets gooo

Overall one of the funniest episodes we’ve had for sure. The restaurant head banging scenes had me crying, those poor servers had to be scared for their lives lmaoo.

Asahi with glasses?? Omg!

Can not wait for next week. Also just found out there’s only going to be 10 eps of this which really sucks
Marinate1016Aug 19, 2022 12:57 PM
Aug 19, 2022 2:17 PM
Oct 2020
200,000 yen per month on skin care? That's like 1k in USD I think. I can't imagine spending that much a month on my skin.
Aug 19, 2022 2:20 PM

Jun 2021
Asahi looked fine as hell in that swimsuit! Damn! She really looked great in all her different outfits. Asahi with glasses really does it for me haha.

What Asahi was saying about this hamburger steak with curry and cheese sounds absolutely insane. I want to try it! It’s a weird combination but I bet it probably tastes good. She’s like obsessed with food lol. She even only thought of that 200,000 yen in parfait lol.

I like these ZINGS fans though, they’re ridiculous lol. Their reaction to the calendar is about what I imagined. They wanted the least dangerous page, but they actually got the opposite. RIP girls haha. I really like how they scared the waitstaff so much in the restaurant, even the manager showed up lol.

That last scene with Setouchi was great. He’s a Niyodo super fan now! He should join those girls and form an official fan club lol.
Aug 19, 2022 2:27 PM

May 2021
The ultra-obsessive fans' reaction always manage to land.

Aug 19, 2022 3:32 PM

May 2021
Great episode! ZING'S first photo calendar shoot! Asahi's is wearing her mizugi. OPPAI!
The Niyodo fan club were shocked at the request what the idol's wear form. They tried their best!
But Niyodo has no energy to do the photoshoot as usual...so Asahi takes over! Seems she wasn't allowed in the pool when she was an idol as it would ruin her hair.
Niyodo asks Yoshino about his skincare and wow, he even goes to the beauty clinic. 200000 yen a month for his routine!
Asahi in her witch costume looked great!
And the Christmas outfit!
The ZINGS fan club were afraid they wouldn't be able to handle looking at the calendar if they dressed too perfectly! They caused quite a ruckus xD.
Niyodo suggests an idea to suprise the fans on the calendar...
They died when they saw the outfit trade!
Seems Niyodo only suggested it as he thought Yoshino's outfit looked comfier than his though!

Looking forward to the next episode
Rem4lifexDAug 19, 2022 3:49 PM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 19, 2022 6:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a really fun episode, really enjoyed seeing ZINGS dress up for different photo shoots, Asahi dressing up with them made it a thousand times better lol, she is just too precious, my favorite was the Halloween one for sure.

What made it even better though was pairing the die hard fans’ reactions to each idea and then to the final product, half of the episode was basically dedicated to them and I loved it, they were hilarious lol.
Aug 20, 2022 1:32 PM

Jun 2020
Okay. Not to be that person, but Setouchi falling for stanning Niyodo is, like, literally the cutest fucking thing ever. Second is Asahi in her halloween get-up. God bless for both.
Aug 20, 2022 7:20 PM

Jan 2019
The latest episodes have been getting better, I'm liking Kami Kuzu more with each one. It was a little "empty" at first, and it still is a pretty simple show both in the art department as well as the scope of the story, characters and jokes, but the characters are consistently funny and there is overall a good variety of situations.

I can relate to Niyodo and his sloth, although it seems like he's slowly moving towards a better direction now by considering the thoughts of his fans more and putting more effort sometimes, since we're not getting any more of those "he is a Kuzu Idol, after all" moments at the end of the episode. All all thanks to his interactions with Asahi.

Also, Yoshino's reactions are always on point, the part where the boss suggests a "schoolboy" and cosplay he's just weirded out was one of the many funny background lines that this show uses to surprise you here and there.
SheklonAug 26, 2022 5:02 PM
Aug 20, 2022 10:54 PM
Jun 2021
for me, this show continues as the great surprise of the season.
Aug 21, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2021
Is just me or this fan moments are so boring?
Aug 27, 2022 4:02 PM
Oct 2020
honnnjlnnnnjknnjnnkjknk
Aug 28, 2022 4:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes when it comes to idols' photo shootings fans are crazy, especially when they come up with unexpected cosplay/picture choices like that though in this show they are too much obsessed obviously xD
Sep 15, 2022 10:25 AM

Aug 2007
Lellyx said:
Is just me or this fan moments are so boring?

I like them but they run a little too long, they would be more impactful to me if they were shorter.
Sep 19, 2022 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
I wish I could be as passionate on something like those fangirls are on which costumes they want Niyodo and Yoshino to wear

Oct 7, 2022 7:15 PM
Apr 2022
Watching the Zing fans geek over costumes ideas so really funny and I couldn't help but get excited as well!!!
Oct 13, 2022 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
Asahi in a swimsuit 🥰
As Niyodo, she gets to do things she couldn't experience as a female idol such as getting her hair wet.
The pub staff are showing their concern for that booth of hyper-dedicated ZINGS fangirls.
Trading outfits, a such a simple thing to do and the fans are so overwhelmed.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Mar 2021
I love Roleplay and cosplay like these. This episodes shows me how much I really like seeing characters put into new and interesting conceptual clothings. And meganes. Glasses are the best.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 2, 2022

32 by Serafos »»
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2022

19 by Serafos »»
Jul 16, 9:36 AM

» Why do you like this show?

SofiaBulga - Sep 24, 2022

12 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Kami Kuzu☆Idol Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2022

19 by Seven »»
Oct 4, 2022 4:49 PM

» is this show worth it?

PiizzaPoser - Aug 31, 2022

9 by Collins89 »»
Oct 2, 2022 12:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.