Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2022 10:37 AM
Sep 2019
ie_above11D said:
JizzyHitler said:

They arent the same, the memories are a very not subtle reference to hard drugs and Chuuta got arrested because he involved himself in the black market drug trade on top of trying to murder a bunch of people through the yakuza.
Chuuta may have tried to bargain to get the main characters killed, but, that's not why he was arrested. He was arrested because he purchased the same kind of device that the main character uses. But on another level, I don't appreciate the writer of the story trying to associate magic mushrooms with "hard drugs". That alone would make me drop the show. Magic mushrooms are healing medicine proven by science. There is hypocrisy on many levels yo.

Ummmmm did you even watch Kamen Rider W before starting Fuuto Tantei? Kamen Rider W literally explained everything about Gaia Memory and how dangerous it was for people to use, Gaia Memory that was used by Shotaro isn't dangerous and although Philip Gaia Memory is dangerous, it doesn't really affect him because he is the avatar for true Gaia Memory. There are differences between Dopant Memory, Body Memory, and Soul Memory. Plus as far as I concern most of the people in the Police Department actually know about Shotaro being Kamen Rider W (Akiko's husband, Terui is the captain of Futo Police Department's Paranormal Crime Investigation Division, and also the User of Body Memory Kamen Rider Accel)
Aug 16, 2022 2:39 PM
Sep 2018
ie_above11D said:
ZaQuagmire said:

Memories inserted organically into the body can destroy someone and get them addicted with deadly side-effects if one has bad compatibility with the Memory in question. Philip and Shotaro's Memories are purified versions only usable via their drivers. That's why Chuuta is arrested for ILLEGAL MEMORY POSSESSION.
Whatever, it's still hypocrisy. The main characters should be arrested too if the basis for which the police determine guilt in this show is possession of Gaia memories. Beyond that, I'm a proponent of drug policy reform in the united states so this just rubs me the wrong way on many levels.

Don't know if normal police outside of Terui Knows that Shotaro have Memories. In KRW is a rule if you don't use memoire without driver (outside of two instance witch wher special) you will be corrupted and you will gone as mad monster that destroys everything ad some point. In this arc you can see Road witch is stated that he become cannibal because of his memory. The Chuuta for what i had seen haven't been sane himself especially when truth came about. He isn't worst case scenario but he wanted his drug to the point of killing someone and when he whas exposed he jumped to transform and we seen demonstration what he can do.
I don't like mix political mater in discussion in my contry drugs are low and are forbidden to have. That said I don't see memories as only allegory to drugs more allegory of illegal weapons but that is my take. I can see why their can bee sen that way. Even still there are in this universe memories that can devastate city. Because of that memories are for me like a gun, but more good representation would be rocket launcher. Some i could see as bio weapons or tanks and plains. I would like to make weapons legal in my country but i don't desire to have tank in my neighborhood when there is a risk that my neighbor goes mad ad attacks me. I could have myself tank and destroy my home or i could just live where there is not a mad guy with destructive power. I myself think that Shotaro should destroy his memories when all methods of creating more would be gone. I don't see memories nesesery for fuuto. But who knows how story would end. He can use a tank and as one of few didn't gone mad.
About magic mushrooms... Like i get if you can get that impression. Still it didn't say any specific mushroom name. Just generic name for mushroom that is poisonous or inedible. I repeat i can see why you can see this way i just don't agree and I don't think that was implication.

Sorry for my English. I'm just dirty Polish person passing through.
Aug 16, 2022 2:49 PM
Mar 2021
ie_above11D said:
ZaQuagmire said:

Memories inserted organically into the body can destroy someone and get them addicted with deadly side-effects if one has bad compatibility with the Memory in question. Philip and Shotaro's Memories are purified versions only usable via their drivers. That's why Chuuta is arrested for ILLEGAL MEMORY POSSESSION.
Whatever, it's still hypocrisy. The main characters should be arrested too if the basis for which the police determine guilt in this show is possession of Gaia memories. Beyond that, I'm a proponent of drug policy reform in the united states so this just rubs me the wrong way on many levels.
it isn't just all about ilegal memory Chuuta bought. Chuuta had intention to do his crime, he called Yakuza to kill Shotaro and Tokime secretly, he wanted to destroy anyone who understimate him. Also ilegal Gaia memory from that organization is dangerous for user psychology. Police warned people to not use that for their safety, but that organization kept selling it. It's like drugs.

However, Shotaro and Philip use Double Driver and different kind of Gaia Memory to prevent that happens and transform into Kamen Rider W, so they won't be suspected anymore. They are here to protect Fuuto city from beginning as detective.
Aug 16, 2022 4:06 PM
Aug 2015
DarnokNarutaki said:
ie_above11D said:

Don't know if normal police outside of Terui Knows that Shotaro have Memories. In KRW is a rule if you don't use memoire without driver (outside of two instance witch wher special) you will be corrupted and you will gone as mad monster that destroys everything ad some point. In this arc you can see Road witch is stated that he become cannibal because of his memory. The Chuuta for what i had seen haven't been sane himself especially when truth came about. He isn't worst case scenario but he wanted his drug to the point of killing someone and when he whas exposed he jumped to transform and we seen demonstration what he can do.
I don't like mix political mater in discussion in my contry drugs are low and are forbidden to have. That said I don't see memories as only allegory to drugs more allegory of illegal weapons but that is my take. I can see why their can bee sen that way. Even still there are in this universe memories that can devastate city. Because of that memories are for me like a gun, but more good representation would be rocket launcher. Some i could see as bio weapons or tanks and plains. I would like to make weapons legal in my country but i don't desire to have tank in my neighborhood when there is a risk that my neighbor goes mad ad attacks me. I could have myself tank and destroy my home or i could just live where there is not a mad guy with destructive power. I myself think that Shotaro should destroy his memories when all methods of creating more would be gone. I don't see memories nesesery for fuuto. But who knows how story would end. He can use a tank and as one of few didn't gone mad.
About magic mushrooms... Like i get if you can get that impression. Still it didn't say any specific mushroom name. Just generic name for mushroom that is poisonous or inedible. I repeat i can see why you can see this way i just don't agree and I don't think that was implication.

Sorry for my English. I'm just dirty Polish person passing through.
Thank you for replying to my comment. I was able to understand your points even though there are some grammar errors. I am not defending Chuuta's behaviors, I just found it hypocritical for Shoutarou to be using the same type of device and get away with it. I'm not familiar with the Kamen Rider series, so if it actually is a different type of device, then I suppose it's not as bad as I thought. However, I do think that Chuuta's Gaia memory was an analogy for Magic Mushrooms which are highly stigmatized in Japan. For this reason alone I would not continue the series, because Magic Mushrooms have been very helpful to me, by helping me quit smoking, drinking, and being depressed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2022 4:11 PM
Aug 2015
MG_Othinus said:
ie_above11D said:
Chuuta may have tried to bargain to get the main characters killed, but, that's not why he was arrested. He was arrested because he purchased the same kind of device that the main character uses. But on another level, I don't appreciate the writer of the story trying to associate magic mushrooms with "hard drugs". That alone would make me drop the show. Magic mushrooms are healing medicine proven by science. There is hypocrisy on many levels yo.

Ummmmm did you even watch Kamen Rider W before starting Fuuto Tantei? Kamen Rider W literally explained everything about Gaia Memory and how dangerous it was for people to use, Gaia Memory that was used by Shotaro isn't dangerous and although Philip Gaia Memory is dangerous, it doesn't really affect him because he is the avatar for true Gaia Memory. There are differences between Dopant Memory, Body Memory, and Soul Memory. Plus as far as I concern most of the people in the Police Department actually know about Shotaro being Kamen Rider W (Akiko's husband, Terui is the captain of Futo Police Department's Paranormal Crime Investigation Division, and also the User of Body Memory Kamen Rider Accel)
All that being the case, I would still drop this series for their depiction of Chuuta's Gaia memory which I suspect was an analogy for Magic Mushrooms. Even if Shoutarou wasn't being hypocritical somehow, because he was using some safe version of Gaia memories, I don't support authors who stigmatize psychedelics. Magic Mushrooms have been very helpful to me, by helping me quit smoking, drinking, and being depressed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2022 4:59 PM
Dec 2020
kamen rider w is the best
Aug 16, 2022 5:11 PM
Sep 2019
ie_above11D said:
MG_Othinus said:

All that being the case, I would still drop this series for their depiction of Chuuta's Gaia memory which I suspect was an analogy for Magic Mushrooms. Even if Shoutarou wasn't being hypocritical somehow, because he was using some safe version of Gaia memories, I don't support authors who stigmatize psychedelics. Magic Mushrooms have been very helpful to me, by helping me quit smoking, drinking, and being depressed.

Well to clarify something to consider you didn't know much about KR W, Chuuta's Gaia memory is Toadstool aka mushroom that highly poisonous to humans. Again as I mention Dopant Memory is different than Body Memory like Shoutaro and Soul Memory like Philip. Dopant Memory attack both body and mind alike to the point where it can destroy you both physically and Mentally, It is just like taking drugs the more you take the more dangerous it will be to the point where you aren't yourself anymore. Body Memory is a Purified version of Gaia Memory and only can be used when you have Memory Driver (Shotaro Belt), and the advantage of Body/Soul Memory is you can destroy the Dopant Memory without killing the user by using a Memory Break attack (Basically the finisher move), There are only 4 users of Body Memory as far as I can remember. Philip is the only one who can use Soul Memory because he is the avatar of True Gaia Memory basically the purest among purest, this discovery about Philip had been covered back in 2009-2010 in the Kamen Rider W series.
Aug 16, 2022 5:22 PM
Aug 2015
MG_Othinus said:
ie_above11D said:

Well to clarify something to consider you didn't know much about KR W, Chuuta's Gaia memory is Toadstool aka mushroom that highly poisonous to humans. Again as I mention Dopant Memory is different than Body Memory like Shoutaro and Soul Memory like Philip. Dopant Memory attack both body and mind alike to the point where it can destroy you both physically and Mentally, It is just like taking drugs the more you take the more dangerous it will be to the point where you aren't yourself anymore. Body Memory is a Purified version of Gaia Memory and only can be used when you have Memory Driver (Shotaro Belt), and the advantage of Body/Soul Memory is you can destroy the Dopant Memory without killing the user by using a Memory Break attack (Basically the finisher move), There are only 4 users of Body Memory as far as I can remember. Philip is the only one who can use Soul Memory because he is the avatar of True Gaia Memory basically the purest among purest, this discovery about Philip had been covered back in 2009-2010 in the Kamen Rider W series.
The term Toadstool is synonymous with mushroom, they are basically the same word. Google pulls up the definition for mushroom if you google toadstool, but Encyclopedia Britannica defines Toadstool as a cover term for poisonous mushrooms, but again, I don't think that's what was being referred to here. The writer was probably insinuating psychoactive mushrooms, not actually poisonous mushrooms. Again, this is bothersome enough for me to drop the show. I nearly watched it while on magic mushrooms, lol.
Aug 16, 2022 5:51 PM
Sep 2019
ie_above11D said:
MG_Othinus said:

The term Toadstool is synonymous with mushroom, they are basically the same word. Google pulls up the definition for mushroom if you google toadstool, but Encyclopedia Britannica defines Toadstool as a cover term for poisonous mushrooms, but again, I don't think that's what was being referred to here. The writer was probably insinuating psychoactive mushrooms, not actually poisonous mushrooms. Again, this is bothersome enough for me to drop the show. I nearly watched it while on magic mushrooms, lol.

Ummmm No, check the mange the design on the Toadstool memory is Toadstool Mushroom and not Psilocybin Mushroom. Like I said the more Chuuta uses it the more he will become insane. In the manga, he tried to attack Shotaro but Terui interfere before Chuuta can do anything, dunno why did the anime replace Terui with Mikio. If you want to drop then it up to you but I need to clear some misunderstanding regarding Chuuta arrest. He being caught by police is 100% justified, first involving himself with the black market which is highly illegal in Japan, second buying Gaia Memory which is like buying drugs but worst considering it will lead to many death of not just himself but also the civilians take Road Dopant, for example, it caused the user to become a cannibal.
Aug 16, 2022 6:01 PM
Aug 2015
MG_Othinus said:
ie_above11D said:

Ummmm No, check the mange the design on the Toadstool memory is Toadstool Mushroom and not Psilocybin Mushroom. Like I said the more Chuuta uses it the more he will become insane. In the manga, he tried to attack Shotaro but Terui interfere before Chuuta can do anything, dunno why did the anime replace Terui with Mikio. If you want to drop then it up to you but I need to clear some misunderstanding regarding Chuuta arrest. He being caught by police is 100% justified, first involving himself with the black market which is highly illegal in Japan, second buying Gaia Memory which is like buying drugs but worst considering it will lead to many death of not just himself but also the civilians take Road Dopant, for example, it caused the user to become a cannibal.
There are no actual mushroom species classified as a "toadstool" mushroom. It just depends on who you ask as to what a "Toadstool" mushroom is. If you ask someone who thinks psilocybin mushrooms are bad, they would likely call that a toadstool. I'm sorry yo, I just get triggered whenever people talk bad about mushrooms.
Aug 16, 2022 6:08 PM
Sep 2019
ie_above11D said:
MG_Othinus said:

There are no actual mushroom species classified as a "toadstool" mushroom. It just depends on who you ask as to what a "Toadstool" mushroom is. If you ask someone who thinks psilocybin mushrooms are bad, they would likely call that a toadstool. I'm sorry yo, I just get triggered whenever people talk bad about mushrooms.

But Toadstool just looks like a Mushroom and not a mushroom, I only call it Toadstool Mushroom because they look the same well at least that is what I learn when growing up, I don't think Mushroom can spread toxicity and kill humans right? As far as I concern it can't but Toadstool definitely can.
Aug 16, 2022 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
ie_above11D said:
MG_Othinus said:

I think you are overanalyzing it, Toadstool Dopant looks just like a Toadstool Mushroom, it's literally an Amanita Muscaria with a skull (which has been infography to represent poison for ages). It has nothing to do with Psilocybin.
Aug 16, 2022 11:43 PM
Sep 2015
On top of the fights, accurate adaptations from the show, THE WBX remix theme is here~!!
Aug 17, 2022 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
Is this show only watched by KR fans on MAL for some reason or is the franchise popular enough in the west? I don't seem to see many random people in this thread.
Aug 18, 2022 3:18 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
Is this show only watched by KR fans on MAL for some reason or is the franchise popular enough in the west? I don't seem to see many random people in this thread.
Its a sequel to a 12 year old show so it kind of leaves very little room for newcomers despite being standalone, I think there absolutely is a audience in the west but Toei has seriously dropped the ball in their attempt to break in by only having a pretty random and small selection of stuff legal to watch. One of which mind you, is NOT the one this is a sequel to.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 18, 2022 3:36 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
RobertBobert said:
Its a sequel to a 12 year old show so it kind of leaves very little room for newcomers despite being standalone, I think there absolutely is a audience in the west but Toei has seriously dropped the ball in their attempt to break in by only having a pretty random and small selection of stuff legal to watch. One of which mind you, is NOT the one this is a sequel to.

Well, that explains why my simple question about fujoshi pandering was met with such a really boomer-ish response.
Aug 18, 2022 5:28 AM
Aug 2022
ie_above11D said:
ZaQuagmire said:

While Gaia Memories and Dopants are kind of portrayed like drugs (hell, the name "Dopant" is pretty clear on that), a more fitting analogy for the crime would be firearms, since Dopants can use their powers for very destructive ends much like firearms: there is such a thing as Illegal Possession of Firearms, where just the very act of having one without legal documentation will get you arrested and charged. Yet you don't see police being arrested for having firearms themselves, because unlike the perps they do have a recognized license to wield them.

Even without knowledge of the original TV series, Fuuto PI already makes it apparent that our main protagonists are recognized as "legal" users of Gaia Memories, one which the police have worked alongside with for a long time, hence why you see Philip have connections with police officers. These aren't vigilantes like Spiderman or Batman who try to solve crime outside the law and who use their powers on most everything, these guys only use Gaia Memories against threats that warrant them, again facts that the anime makes evident in these 3 episodes.
Aug 18, 2022 6:41 AM
Jul 2019
RafaelCLP said:
As someone who had never heard of Kamen Rider before, I just don't enjoy it so far. It looks like a slightly more serious version of Power Rangers...

After episode 1, I thought this was going to be a bit more like Durarara. To be fair, Durarara never got me hooked because I was never interested in the Black Rider's mystery. Contrary to Durarara's Black Rider, Fuuto Tantei's witch did get me curious. Then episode 2 came, and that mystery vanished when the show just told us there was no mystery at all, it was just some technology (called gaia memory), which the characters seem to know everything about already, and basically anyone can get one if they meet the wrong people. Still, how come this witch was flying and moving objects with "her mind", when her memory shard was broken? I was curious! Except, oh, she wasn't. Cool. Mystery solved. Why hasn't the show ended yet? Am I now supposed to be curious about her past?

I will watch a few more episodes and see if it gets interesting, but so far this is disappointing.
Dude why tf are you even watching this show? if you already don't like power rangers bruh.this is a sequal dude of a whole length of 52 episodes tv series.and all the main characters of this show are already developed in tv series.so if you really wanna enjoy while watching this show then try to watch atleast 1st full arc of tv series or just stop whinning about a thing which you have 0 knowledge about and kindly drop this show.
Aug 18, 2022 6:53 AM
Jul 2019
ie_above11D said:
JizzyHitler said:

They arent the same, the memories are a very not subtle reference to hard drugs and Chuuta got arrested because he involved himself in the black market drug trade on top of trying to murder a bunch of people through the yakuza.
STFU and stop with your bullshit trolling its just plain pathetic.
Aug 18, 2022 10:13 AM
Aug 2015
GalacticSamurai said:
ie_above11D said:
STFU and stop with your bullshit trolling it's just plain pathetic.
What's actually pathetic in the mental state of whoever wrote the story for this episode. They bought into propaganda and will live a less fulfilling life in doing so. Very sad.
Aug 23, 2022 5:43 AM
Aug 2021
The feel when 3 episodes gives a feel of a good whole series.
Sep 1, 2022 1:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fight looked great after the henshin :o Also I didn't expect the fat guy to be the culprit and that he had a memory as well... also that end, we already got a kiss from Tokime wow xD
Oct 13, 2022 4:32 PM
Dec 2016
Não tenho palavras para descrever o quanto me senti contente, não só com um episódio tão bem feito, mas também pela utilização dos componentes da série. Simplesmente ótimo.
Oct 23, 2022 2:28 AM
Jul 2021
Still having the nostalgic feeling
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 12 Discussion

3miL - Oct 16, 2022

49 by Rinaisty »»
Sep 24, 7:05 AM

» Of all the Kamen Riders, why did Kamen Rider W get an anime?

Dejilan - Aug 8, 2022

24 by removed-user »»
Apr 18, 6:19 AM

» Poor writing but decent

IMMABEAST - Oct 16, 2022

14 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 18, 2022

31 by dohani »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 6 Discussion

3miL - Sep 4, 2022

31 by YagoZeta »»
Oct 24, 2022 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.