Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 13, 2009 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
Sergjusz said:
There is one thing I don't understand
From the very first episode we know, that Shion became Contractor two years ago.

LMFAO. Try explaining that, Bones.
Dec 13, 2009 10:17 PM

Jul 2008
My hope for a Misaki x Hei pairing has now been crushed. T_T

Loved seeing Mao's real body though. A little different than I imagined him, but he looked nice nonetheless.
Dec 14, 2009 2:09 AM

Nov 2009
Sergjusz said:
From the very first episode we know, that Shion became Contractor two years ago.

Maybe Shion was a contractor from an early age (8 years ago) and he made Suou's copy and 2 years ago Shion and his father used the fallen meteor as an excuse for him being a contractor. He probably didn't want to hide that fact from her anymore. Contractors can be very good actors. They lied her. And she's a copy - probably they don't give a s**t about her. Or maybe's BONES error. Dunno.
Dec 14, 2009 2:34 AM

Dec 2009
Sergjusz said:

That event from two years ago is probaly another fake memory given to Suou by her father. As far as we know, Shion was contractor since his birth

Or, if that's true, Shion was contractor before it happens, anyway.
Yuushin7Dec 14, 2009 2:55 AM
Dec 14, 2009 10:36 AM
Nov 2009
Mahoutsukai said:

That event from two years ago is probaly another fake memory given to Suou by her father.

Yes, may be. Of course, faked memory can be universal explanation for any inconsistency :)
Dec 14, 2009 10:49 AM

Oct 2009
yea, i hadnt even thought about Suos aging since becoming a copy..
but we saw, that the little Shion was creepy already, so he could have been a contractor from a very young age and made a copy of Suo at that day, when she suposedly died.. (i dont remember, if someone can be born as a contractor already)

about Hei's powers.. the meteorite core around Suos neck took his powers at that time, when they were ambushed by the river and those new hi-tech thingies got used on him. i think, that, because his 'star' didnt fall, but just stopped shining, he will get that electricity back.
(plus, it was explained, why Hei is a special contractor, in the 1st season.. that was because his sister kinda merged with him during some kind of fight near the Heavens gate in Brasil, if i remember correctly. so he got her power and partly kept his emotions, thats why hes 'incomplete'.) (altho it starts to seeem, that most of contractors are incomplete XD)

one more thing..after rewatching the start of 1st ep, i noticed something i hadnt before..

id say, it looks like Yins surveilance ghost. or mby it was Yin herself, cuz she dissapeared at the Hells gate event those 2 yrs ago.. then now im totally confused about all of this XD
Dec 14, 2009 12:34 PM
Jul 2009
You know... Suous mom look kinda sexy for me.
Dec 14, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
After reading this long forum because I'm late to the party I can't help but have similar thoughts as Scandal.

Edit: Fixed quote.
scandal said:
Judging from the recent episodes, I think they are starting to wrap things up, so a third season seems highly unlikely. ;____; Yin is rising, we found out who Suou really is, we found out how Mao lost his body, etc etc. I think the biggest indication is that the real sky is returning, so contractors probably won't be here for much longer.

I'd also add that episode 10 was probably really confusing to anyone that hasn't seen the first series. I'm not sure why they decided attempt to rap up all the holes from the first series in the last three episodes. This series definitely feels rushed now, but I'm still enjoying it. Basically the only question I have is will the humans survive or will the demons from the other dimension make earth a living hell?

rapi321 said:
Screw you Bones for not hiring the same script writer as season 1.

I agree that they should have kept the original script writer but these production processes are not always as simple as they appear.

Twelve episodes is definitely feeling way too short now after this explain all tenth episode. Question: Since Suou isn't even human at all now, does that mean that Hei + Suou would be loli relationship? Crafty Japanese!
Dec 14, 2009 2:50 PM

Dec 2009
Orion1 said:
After reading this long forum because I'm late to the party I can't help but have similar thoughts as Scandal.

Edit: Fixed quote.
scandal said:
Judging from the recent episodes, I think they are starting to wrap things up, so a third season seems highly unlikely. ;____; Yin is rising, we found out who Suou really is, we found out how Mao lost his body, etc etc. I think the biggest indication is that the real sky is returning, so contractors probably won't be here for much longer.

I'd also add that episode 10 was probably really confusing to anyone that hasn't seen the first series. I'm not sure why they decided attempt to rap up all the holes from the first series in the last three episodes. This series definitely feels rushed now, but I'm still enjoying it. Basically the only question I have is will the humans survive or will the demons from the other dimension make earth a living hell?

rapi321 said:
Screw you Bones for not hiring the same script writer as season 1.

I agree that they should have kept the original script writer but these production processes are not always as simple as they appear.

Twelve episodes is definitely feeling way too short now after this explain all tenth episode. Question: Since Suou isn't even human at all now, does that mean that Hei + Suou would be loli relationship? Crafty Japanese!

I'm gonna be sad if it ends like this T_T DTB is awsome anime <3
Dec 14, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, we saw Mao in human form. Now that's something. Btw, didn't he get a bit fat?

Interesting episode for plot and character development. I actually liked Suou in this episode, probably because I feel sorry for her. I wonder what fucked Youko up like that? Blah, never liked that girl anyway.

The Yin rising part was... damn Bones, seriously? This is a bit too high sci-fi compared to the first season, I don't really the vibe of the first season. Although it's still quite enjoyable but not as original.
Dec 15, 2009 12:01 AM

Aug 2007
Lilgnomy said:
You know... Suous mom look kinda sexy for me.

lololol. this was so random
Dec 15, 2009 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Mahoutsukai said:
That event from two years ago is probaly another fake memory given to Suou by her father.

Maybe you're right, but what about Yin's observation ghost Shion saw? Why is there memory of Yin?

The mystery in this show is one of the things i like. And even if we don't get the chance to know the origin of the Gates and so on, i don't care.
Definitely Hei will get his powers back if he approaches the Gate, but probably doesn't do it because he knows he can kick asses and without it ;). And his beloved Yin kills contractors, so no need to hurry.
Dec 15, 2009 12:06 PM

Aug 2008
Really Incredible episode!

the best anime of 2009 ever ^^
Dec 15, 2009 1:43 PM

Jun 2009
getting sick of your matchmaking efforts...

and you yin beggars, there she is. All evil now. Happy?

2 episodes left. Ugh. Two weeks.
Dec 15, 2009 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
Damn i cant believe Youko died...

I hope they can end this well....
Dec 16, 2009 3:10 AM

May 2008
lnn8v6 said:
getting sick of your matchmaking efforts...

and you yin beggars, there she is. All evil now. Happy?

2 episodes left. Ugh. Two weeks.

I know, right? I agree with you on all points, and the wait is unbearable!
fmiu
Dec 17, 2009 7:40 PM

Sep 2009
yin looks like anti spiral nia as scandal said xD
it was awesome to see Mao in his real body and see how he became a cat which ive wanted to know since the first season
also he was all smooth and cool and all xD
pretty fucked up how youko died
did hei do that to her? :/
awesome episode can't wait for the next one ^_^

Dec 18, 2009 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
This show just keeps getting better and better. As for me, it's about equal to the first season, mainly because there is a main storyline that it follows which I'm digging a lot. I find myself eagerly anticipating to find out more about Suou & Shion and their connection to past and future events.

As for the Youko mystery, I highly doubt Hei did that to her, though you can never been 100% certain >_<

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 19, 2009 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
Hei killed her? Oh..
Dec 25, 2009 2:06 AM

Dec 2007
Woah that episode was really good, we finally found out what Suou was though now I feel really bad for her v.v though I am happy she's back with Hei again. I really doubt Hei killed Youko it seemed way to messy and I don't think killing someone like that is his style. Seems like their gonna wrap up Darker than Black in 2 more episodes, hopefully it doesn't feel to rushed though I'm honestly liking season 2 a lot more than one and I really like one on top of that, so that's saying alot. xD

Crap.... I completely forgot about Yin and her looking evilness I hope we actually get to see her in action in the next episode.
Jan 9, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, this thing is going to fast I couldn't even follow on, lol. Okay so, Suou is a copy made by Shion. The real Suou actually died 8 years ago. THE HELL WAS THAT? I guess everything can happein in DtB. :>

So like, Hei wouldn't be able to get his powers back? Damnit man. Also, his reunion with that police girl officer was nice. Too bad that girl got a punch instead of a hug from Hei. :(

Also, I think Shion is an enemy. I don't know if I'm right, and in the end, was that Yin? Why does everyone say that Yin has a tremendous power? I don't recall Yin having that power in season 1.
Jan 11, 2010 5:19 AM

May 2009
bakuramariks said:
awwwwwshucks said:

also.

I never thought DTB can be so funny xD xD.
francismeunier said:
Skies said:
awwwwwshucks said:

Win. Just pure win. XD
Major ROFL! That one was the best! "Why so serious" when it can be fun!
awwwwwshucks said:
Second major ROFL! I wish I would see this when drunk, I would over laugh.

great job!LOL
Feb 8, 2010 3:51 PM

Dec 2008
So whatsherface gotta beaten by Hei, yay.
I wonder who killed that girl?
Anyway, OMG, Suou is not real, she's just a copy.
So that's her brothers ablility. nice?...the payment still sucks tho.
I don't understand why they created her....and Yin just loveS to have unique hair color doesn't she ^___^

The orange cresent moon.......
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 12, 2010 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
So....... Hei killed Youko ? :-/

Damn, Suou really is a copy... that fell for Hei :D [Hei, you womenizer]

And what's with the moon? Does it mean that so many contractors were killed by Yin [and so many stars disappeared] that they can actually see the moon again??

Apr 17, 2010 2:38 AM
Jun 2008
I can't believe Suou is a copy. Totally blows my mind, yet she still feels, and I feel for her.
Apr 29, 2010 8:38 AM

May 2009
the moon huh?
hope this opens the door for werewolf contractors XD
Jun 5, 2010 4:37 AM

Sep 2009
Too bad Hei and Misaki's reunion had to be the way it was...well I guess it's her fault for joining such a suspicious organization.
Jun 20, 2010 11:50 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode. Finally see Mao in his old body XD
Its nice to see that Suou is closer to Hei now. ^_^
Aug 19, 2010 11:00 PM
Feb 2008
lol @ Human Mao and his ankle fetish
Oct 29, 2010 2:31 PM

Sep 2010
so Suou died already, and the current one is just a copy?
and Yin awakens

im okay with either HeixYin or HeixSuou combo

and lol at DRRR preview

Nov 27, 2010 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
OHHH, so that's what happend to Mao's body. o__o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 25, 2011 3:13 AM

Aug 2010
We get to see Mao's human body for the first time and his ankle fetishes.

I'm starting to believe this episode is the true beginning of DTB2
May 10, 2011 8:06 AM

Feb 2009
Fantastic look into the past! And Mao was a coooool dude!

I'm loving where this is going, but I can't believe what Hei did to the Section 3 girl! Man that's so out of character, he wouldn't be this violent even to an enemy, maybe it wasn't him, I hope so.
Dec 19, 2011 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
so thats what mao looks like and his history.
but damn that was an ugly sight for the other girl, and than the samura girl went and kissed her???

Jan 13, 2012 7:42 AM

Aug 2011
Apr 30, 2012 11:06 PM

May 2009
What the hell is wrong with everyone in this show slamming on the breaks whenever they hear something surprising?? Freakin women drivers, I swear...

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Aug 23, 2012 11:10 AM

Nov 2009
Malware said:
What the hell is wrong with everyone in this show slamming on the breaks whenever they hear something surprising?? Freakin women drivers, I swear...

Ikr, I totally would have rear ended either Suou's mom or Kirihara and since I'm a foreigner in Japan I would probably be the one getting sued... no but seriously I probably shouldn't have watched the 4 filler episodes between darker than black season 1 and 2, they were making it all mysterious who Izanami was meanwhile I'm just thinking... I already know full well who she is.
Sep 13, 2012 6:44 AM

Dec 2010
My favorite episode as for now. We got so much background story. We even saw Mao's real body. And the truth behind Suou's past... man, I would never see this coming... It's now that I understand better the bond between her and Hei.

This season tops the first one in every aspect. Especially when it comes down to some aspects which felt really faint back then.
Jan 14, 2013 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
Well I'm really glad to see the team reunited. Still, can't believe Suou is a copy and all her memories are fake. That was unexpected.

Feb 19, 2013 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
Kyaaaaaa <3 The old Hei is back....

I hate Suou - Hei romance.. She is TOO young for Hei! It seems so wrong!!!
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 30, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2012
Another great episode! Interesting development and flashback it definitely was interesting to actually see Mao's old body in the flashback! But I doubt Hai actually killed Youko, he didn't really had any intention to actually do it than get information out of her!

But what's actually up with Suou being a clone or something? Interesting ending and even more epilogue! What's up with the moon? And I still wonder who those blond twins are... with two episodes left stuff really should get good!

Seems Yin will appear in the next episode!
Jun 10, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2012
interesting episode and I don't think Hei kilt Youko either like more think he didn't. I think that because its not his usual way of killing and you saw him walk away while she was still alive and like some people say he doesn't have a reason to. I wonder who this person was at the end of the episode I seems like a mix of Shion and Yin together make Goku or Gohan. I still wonder what's up with Suou but great to see she loves him and i know this i no harem but how many girls fell in love with Hei already >.>.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 9, 2013 12:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow Suou is a copy? Well that does explain how she is incomplete. And seriously, almost every female character ends up falling for Hei huh? Btw, poor Misaki :( Hei was about to kill her. I was hoping he had more...kindness o_o then again his actions are somewhat contradicting. Like how he treated Youko terribly when getting information out of her, and then he calmed her down in the end.

Anyways, cute part where Hei carried the sleeping July <3
Aug 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, that was a freaking massacre. (Youko)

And I'm down for Suou winning! (mostly because shes voiced by an angel) :D
Oct 4, 2013 3:35 AM

Jan 2013
Uh... did Hei kill her or was he framed?
Nov 22, 2013 1:25 PM
May 2013
ao_no_exo said:

I think he was framed by that blonde , I'm not sure .
Mao's story was cool .
Nov 23, 2013 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
Zarnaav said:
ao_no_exo said:

I think he was framed by that blonde , I'm not sure .
Mao's story was cool .
Lol I forgot what happened so had to check back. Yeah you will see later on who did that. It will be like a flashback moment.
Jan 25, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
damn why did Hei had to be so cold and violent?? thanks for ruining that long-awaited reunion... I was an idiot for getting my hopes up..and did he kill Youko?? I don't think so.. I don't see any reason why he would do that

also that fucking yuri, Hazuki strikes again... that necrophiliac slut

Shion's power remains a mystery to me but now I know it has something to do with memories
Jul 7, 2014 6:12 AM

Oct 2013
dam what a crazy episode
I don't think it was Li that killed her >.> prolly the blonde
them, twins what role are they6 going to play
Suou dam feels for her I hope she doesnt die if the brother died T-T
[/quote]
Jul 20, 2014 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
I'm frustrated by the reunion between Hei and Misaki. Hei doesn't have to be so violent with her, he should know she's not an enemy.

Isn't it Hazuki who killed the girl because she speaks of Izanami ? She had to kiss another person when she uses her powers, we don't really know if she must really kiss a man.

However I'm pleased to see the old body of Hei come back, and the flashback of Mao explains some things.

Too bad it became good at the episode 10...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.