Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 3:29 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really can’t say enough good things about this show. This episode had me laughing so much, yet there’s so much plot development. Most of that development is from Takumi, who seems to have matured quite a bit from his days in HiME. He leads thoughtful discussions about the poverty in Vintoblum with Mashiro and then about the Otome with Natsuki. In the former, Mashiro says something that’s reminiscent of Marie Antoinette’s “let them eat cake” statement, though it probably wasn’t meant in the same manner. It really does show how naive she is towards ruling her people and the divide between the rich and the poor. I find it quite ironic that Mashiro was skipping out on a marriage interview, yet she ended up going on a date with Takumi, who is really the prince anyway.
Jun 16, 2009 7:20 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, who would of guessed that the "prince" was a fake too XD
Jun 24, 2009 10:49 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, was a really really good episode. The second half especially, I honestly think this show is even better than Hime. And I thought Hime was a great show, but every episode of Otome builds on the other and i'm interested in the mention of Mai. Seems like she may have an important part to play in the series, but I don't know if it will be physically or just as an image of what an otome "shouldn't" do. As it seems as though she did something wrong in the past.

It almost seems as though she is dead though.

All around great episode, the best yet; IMO.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2009 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
It seems that we might see Mai in the future. I wonder what happened to her.
Why is the show still called MAI-Otome though and not Arika-Otome? Is Mai gone a become very important or is it just to keep the relation with Mai-Hime?
I expected to see there surprised faces when they discovered they were both fake(well Arika not really. What a mess. A real princess that pretends to be the real princess) but the show didn't developed that way.
May 24, 2015 3:55 PM
Aug 2008
Best episode so far. I was only planning to see couple of minutes to get back to mode, I ended up finishing the whole episode.
After this one I'm quite interested to see whats next. The previous episodes were watchable but I wouldn't say I was really looking forward to what next (while I wasn't disinterested also).
Jul 28, 2022 1:05 PM

Aug 2017
Identity swap episodes are always fun! It's hilarious to see how the characters from HiME got reinterpreted here. The ED song performed by Arika's (?) seiyuu was nice too!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 17 Discussion

freddyncalm - May 15, 2009

8 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Aug 16, 9:48 AM

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.