Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I thought this episode was boring even with the tense atmosphere, emphasis on the future, training topics, etc.

Houshou also lost his cool...he needs to chill out.
Apr 30, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
Hayato has some real drama with one of the instructors (Nohira), which happens to be his father of all people.

More trainings for the jockeys, in this case: a monkey riding lesson that can trip the jockey if their body balance is not strong. This is meant to imitate when they're doing actual jockeying on the horse, but Hayato being overweight doesn't help things be better.

Welp, Yu's friends Kosei and Masaki have come to visit him to check on him, but it just continues to cast a shroud on his former idol life which he's trying to distance himself more that his former agency will not relinquish him from giving up his talent. Either way, from the moment he allowed them to document his life in the school, he's done for, allowing them to use footage as they please to their liking.

While the others find ways like Sumo or surfing to counter the monkey riding issue, Hayato is just trying to expunge himself and get back into shape to prove to his divorced father.

Drama just got real, but this feels like a mish-mash of different plot lines trying to interfere with one another.
That's kinda a brutal cliffhanger though...
Apr 30, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2020
This was such a dramatic and tense episode.

Poor Hayato. There's so much pressure in his life. The situation with his father is pretty sad.

And Yu's has to deal with his own issues.

That cliffhanger.

P.S. Amane's Engrish never fails to amuse me. Also, I can imagine how rough that monkey training would feel in real life.

SerafosMay 22, 8:44 PM
Apr 30, 2022 10:27 AM
Jan 2022
I kinda wonder if someone on the production committee used to work for the idol industry and this anime is basically their subtle way in telling folks, especially young adults, to really consider on not joining.

Also, can anyone tell me here on how Hayato is apparently not able to keep his own weight in check? It’s pretty much established that all of them put in the training and exercise about everyday to adapt their bodies. Hayato, as of this episode, is skipping meals and to top it off, he doesn’t seem to have a larger appetite in comparison to the others. Is there some sort of condition or medication out there that can make losing weight much more difficult for a guy like him?
Katsudon-kunApr 30, 2022 10:30 AM
Apr 30, 2022 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
So this episode introduces not just one but two problems to keep thing interesting, and these two problems are likely to collide in the next episode.

In previous episode I predict Hayato problem is underweight, turns out it's overweight, which is very surprised considering that no one look fat at all. But I just search jockey weight limit and I'm scared. 54kg/120lb is the weight limit, which is very strict for male that has average or above average height. Maybe that's why most jockeys are short (average 62 inches/157 cm).

Now I'm wondering what if those boys happened to grow tall? If they're 170cm then they must restricted their BMI to below 18.5, which is considered "underweight". Poor boys, but in all sports you always have to sacrifice something to win, and there are many people that sacrifice everything and still not win. We're living in a cruel world. Martial arts solve this problem by divide competition into many weight division, can horseracing do the same?
Apr 30, 2022 10:57 AM
Dec 2020
The op always puts me in a vibe
Apr 30, 2022 11:23 AM
Dec 2020
the end put me in a cliffhanger im anticipating the next episode
Apr 30, 2022 11:27 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wow, i feel sorry for Hayato having to go under all that stress about his health...
And his dad is Kazuo Nohira?!
And Yuu is expected by the agency and his old idol group to come back to being an idol when he doesn't want to... seriously, why don't they leave him alone?

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 30, 2022 11:31 AM
Oct 2021
Katsudon-kun said:
I kinda wonder if someone on the production committee used to work for the idol industry and this anime is basically their subtle way in telling folks, especially young adults, to really consider on not joining.

Also, can anyone tell me here on how Hayato is apparently not able to keep his own weight in check? It’s pretty much established that all of them put in the training and exercise about everyday to adapt their bodies. Hayato, as of this episode, is skipping meals and to top it off, he doesn’t seem to have a larger appetite in comparison to the others. Is there some sort of condition or medication out there that can make losing weight much more difficult for a guy like him?

i think the instructor said to him that he is gaining weight because he is still growing, which makes sense they are still teens after all, but its stressful for sure to try not to outgrow the "optimal" jockey height/weight when its out of your control lol
Tbh it made me sad but i'm glad that they included it in the story
Apr 30, 2022 12:43 PM

May 2021
Oh Yu's conflict was pretty interesting. I wonder how he's going to get out of this one.

Painful cliffhanger though.

Apr 30, 2022 12:48 PM
Oct 2020
Hayatos weight training issues elevated this episode to be more interesting than usual, but I didn’t really care much for Yu’s conflict with his old agency. Outside of these two, much of the same….
Apr 30, 2022 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Other two boys in boy band looks better lol, yu and his past is annoying as hell. Sucks the long hair boy is sick from not eating. I really dislike that documentary girl too and who allowed them to record for this purpose lol, hope the school got payed. Interesting to see long hair and the instructor being related. Long hair sure has broken down and I hope next episode wont shoe its because of his weight that caused that accident like wtf.
StardewApr 30, 2022 2:14 PM
Apr 30, 2022 4:22 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked this episode. It was drama heavy, and I love drama. Plus, the directing was also quite well done.

Hayato has not been eating well, and it's getting very stressful for him. I don't understand how he's supposed to be seen as heavy. He looks so thin. Guess he has an eating disorder, and that sucks because it makes you feel like you are in control when it is the one that controls you.

Yuu was finally getting better and starting to enjoy himself. And, his friends also seemed to have forgiven him. But, it turns out his boss had no intention of letting him do as he pleased. This anime treated his feeling of being trapped quite well. If this had more episodes, I think it could have been done even better.

The scene with Yuu meeting his old friends was directed really well, I think. I could just tell something was about to go wrong. And, when it went wrong, even the camera and colours did the story telling.

The boss said something that I have been told a lot, which was why I instantly hated her. "Do what others want from you, and not what you yourself want."
I was expecting her to be a simple antagonist. Something boring and cliché like the ones you see in Haikyuu. I didn't think she'd talk like that! She needs to be defeated!

I knew this episode was building up to Yuu and Hayato's conversation, but I was expecting some sort thing scene where two cute boys help each other heal. Something wholesome! However, Hayato and Yuu ended up having a fight, and things got worse for them.

That cliff-hanger! Oh god, I am worried about the horses. And also the boys.

Well, at least Aki got to meet his idols. He looked so happy to learn Yuu was actually a sadist and liked being called Yuu-sama. lol.

Edit: I just looked up height and weight limit for jockeys, and Wiki says they need to be very light. 49 to 54 kgs. While there is no height limit, the need for lightweight means most of them are short. So, now I can see why Hayato is so stressed out. It's way worse for him than I first thought.
FuMomo-kunApr 30, 2022 4:27 PM
Apr 30, 2022 10:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What an unexpected turn of event by revealing that strict instructor to be Hayato father. Despite his strict trait, he's so worried about his son even if Hayato won't be like it that much.

Interesting to see when Hayato weight problem and stress collided into and by mixing that up with Yuu another idol deal with that annoying persistent president, which i suspect kind of related to him.

Yuu still had the determination to stay away from the idollish hell. But he's also kinda wrong taking into account that thing on to Hayato face, while he also facing the same yet opposite position from what Yuu got at those time. If only they can switch body, he said, yet the cliffhanger granted his wish in an instant....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 1, 2022 4:58 AM
Jan 2022
One thing i really love about this anime is the opening and ending 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 i sometimes skip the openings or endings or both but i can't do it this time 😍😍😍😍😍 and of course the horses are always so so beautiful. plus i don't have character preferences so far or characters who annoy me.
May 1, 2022 7:39 AM
Apr 2022
This episode focuses on Yuu and Hayato. actually i want to focus more on yuu. i like yuu, he is weird, he has got success, luxury and a decent life but he left it to achieve a new dream and a new life which is to be a jockey. he once again had to work hard to achieve that especially now that his old world was interfering with his steps and trying to bring him back. I wonder can he stay strong and not give up or he will lose and return to his old world?? but i don't think that will happen yuu it's very strong. I'm curious about his parents, his character profile is not explained.
May 1, 2022 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
This anime episode is an awesome one. It's becoming more intense by the time pass or maybe I should say by the episodes pass. There are more struggles in their life but they still fight it just for their dream and I really like how they fight for their dreams, but also, I'm looking forward to what will happen soon as the "Video" of Yu has been uploaded so, I'm also looking forward to the next episode.
May 1, 2022 10:40 AM

Aug 2019
Hayato didn't have to lash out at Yu in that way. I understand he's dealing with his own problems, but yelling at someone isn't going to help. And don't even get me started on the President. It's incredible how far they'll go to reach their aims.
May 2, 2022 2:50 AM

Oct 2016
That hag has no right to even use the word "talent" when she looks like my grandma's old scarecrow.
I sincerely hope she visits the academy and a horse "accidently" kicks a bucket full of crap on her. Then her outfit would bring out her personality even more.
May 4, 2022 9:05 AM

Dec 2016
That's cool balance boards benefit jockeys. I've only ever used one for snowboarding. Was fun seeing them in an anime.
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
May 6, 2022 5:44 PM
Jan 2022
Ngl Idc alot for hayato...but whatever...on another note my dear baby boy yuu... :( Why can't these bitches leave him alone goodness also...his band members are really hot...arimura is still my no.1 tho
May 14, 2022 11:27 PM

Dec 2016
This was the best episode for now.

Whatever Hayato said in his emotional outburst was actually quite relatable for me. And Yu was actually being a realistic brat but it's understandable, the Ceo should respect Yu's decision and stop stalking him. But then again what matters to them is the sales so they wouldn't give a shit about Yu's wish.

That monkey squat looks painful, just looking at them made my thighs burn.
Jun 21, 2022 3:44 PM

May 2017
Damn, discussiom of eating disorders was not expected. Also, Yu is 15 years old and tried to retire as an idol, of course it wouldn't work that way. Idols are under contract, it seems he believed his contract would end soon??
Being an idol is insanely difficult, but I liked that Yu talked about the restrictions. There's little to no freedom as an idol. Makes me think of BTS's recent hiatus. Even idols suffer from eating disorders, I wonder if this will be discussed in the context of what Hayato is suffering from.

I was a little sad that Yu tried to talk about his feelings and what he just went through when talking to his companies CEO, but Hayato wasn't in the right headspace. It was a little messed up that he couldn't validate Yu's feelings, but in society, you should always check in with somebody before unloading like that. Of course Hayato would blow up, Yu was perfectly aware of his issues with his weight and eating properly ☹

Ending credit is scary, looks like Yu and Hayato's horses collide??
Aug 14, 2022 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
So... Yuu forgot to cancel his Idol contract with the agency or what?
Dec 13, 2022 4:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the fat woman, is in truth a character? seems a a misshapen mass!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.