Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was kinda interesting. Really liked the world fiction of it and the characters on their adventure. I wish it was longer though but they discovered quite a bit of exotic things outside their world.

Nice soundtrack too.
Not a fan of the animation style but oh well, it isn't bad. I also really like that big eagle that the trio of friends encountered. He's real bold guy.
Sep 9, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2013
The designs make me think of Animal Crossing, which isn't a bad thing.

I thought it was nice, but it did come off like they were expecting (hoping?) this to eventually become a series given that the backstory is interesting enough to be expanded on, and of course, "the adventure continues" ending. It's kind of disappointing in that it doesn't work as a stand-alone due to how many questions there are compared to answers.
Sep 10, 2016 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
Just one question. What happen to the human? X)
Sep 17, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
That chick was so annoying, and the way the story kept shitting on side-kick dude and making MC look better was even more. Ugh.
Sep 20, 2016 4:20 AM
Jan 2016
I saw a short clip of this and thought the character and environment designs were gorgeous so I tracked it down and watched it.. a bit disappointing.

It had the bones to be something great, like a relaxing adventure in a lush new world with a beautiful soundtrack... Oh well.

I enjoyed the journey besides the whiny girl cat's voice.
Mar 18, 2017 5:22 PM

Jun 2011
Man, you got to love these experimental anime, they're such a joy to watch. Watching this reminds me of how much potential anime have, but had to conform to the generic edgy harem trash because they sell. It feels good to watch an ambitious anime for once.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 16, 2017 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
They went into an honorable contest with the eagle, they won by working together and in the end, helped the eagle find an alternative source of food for his kids. Their caterpillar friend turned into a butterfly, and they left it in the field where a storm seems to be brewing in the horizon, great! >_<

5/10 Meh, I thought it was just fine, I guess I'm the wrong demographic for this one. LOL Would be great for kids though.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 23, 2017 1:50 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Did anyone think of the caterpillar as Caterpie? xD I mean, they basically look the same and they got swept away by a bird too lol.

Anyways, I thought this was pretty good. I've seen a pretty decent amount of slightly older movies that were mediocre.
Sep 30, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not a fan of the characters design, but it was a pretty interesting movie. The eagle was the best characters, he has so much charisma.
The soundtracks and the animation were nice.

Caterpie :p
Jan 18, 2019 6:27 PM

Oct 2015
To tell the honest truth I don't know if that was an Eagle or a Falcon, but I enjoyed the challenged it had with those three. Who would've thought it was a father trying to feed its kids. I'm glad they found a solution in those thorny plants, I wouldn't have thought they were edible inside thanks to Ruto.

This was good except they didn't explain much about their situation back home, particularly the experiments and where are the humans. They also didn't find the origin of that plant, and where they're headed seems grim and scary. These projects always leave us hanging all the time and I hate it.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 18, 2019 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
As a short movie/ova you don't have much time to tell a story, even less to portrait properly the world. Still they did a decent job in the introduction so they could have anthropomorphic characters exploring a wild world with weird flora, i liked the new world they portrait even thought the characters designs themselves weren't very impressive.

The story itself is quite simple, 3 friends go down to explore alone (no idea how they manage to get there or who would let 3 kids go into the unknown like that) find a random caterpillar and decide to challenge a huge eagle guy to save him... at least they manage to find food for everyone in the end... There's plenty of plot wholes but still it's a simple tale that let plenty of room for more exploring.

Jun 2, 2019 3:41 PM

Sep 2017
Nice. It feels kind of like Kemono Friends - a kid show with some ominous details that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you give a second thought to it: human crossbreeding with animal? Why is there so few animal on earth? Where did the speaking eagle come from? etc.

At first I thought it was just bad writing, but the ending is obviously intended to be unsettling despite its cheerful appearance. I think it is intentionally designed to offer two way of viewing: the kids can watch it as a cheerful kid show, while adult can be creeped out by all those understated strange elements in a kid show.
Feb 2, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 6, 2022 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
Nothing about the characters or world of this made me want to see more of it, which is one of the saddest things to say at the end of one of these. It's just... forgettable.
Jun 1, 2:29 AM
Jun 2014
I'm gonna need a whole series. Or a game. Taking side quests to get to know the place and more lore

More topics from this board

» UTOPA | OFFICIAL MULTI SUB ::

simo_omis - Jul 27

0 by simo_omis »»
Jul 27, 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.