Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2022 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I came into this show with average expectations but it turned out to be a rather fun show. It has a lot of energy and a cherry atmosphere with a group of colorful characters.

There's sports themes and it's built on futsal themes. I kinda like how everyone is united with similar goals and they didn't waste much time getting right into the game. Hope to see these characters improve.
Jan 9, 2022 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
It's been awhile since Diomedea last produced a show (that was last Spring's Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu), and this is yet another sports anime that's focusing on futsal. But before you ask, this isn't the Blue Lock anime hype levels of hopeful just yet for stopgap.

Instead of a CGDCT, this is PBDHT (Pretty Boys Doing Handsome Things) for a mobage that I'm gonna assume would be the same as last season's Takt Op. Destiny. But immediately, I get the Re-Main feeling...that feels so much interior.

The hopeful protag Haru Yamato being inspired by futsal after watching the championship of the U-18 world cup and along with a Japanese player named Tokinari Tenouji, and joins his school's Koyo Academy High School's futsal team with the goal of becoming a player like Tenouji.

As you would expect, there're other boys as well in a huge character roster (since this is a soon-to-be mobage), but for a start, the newbies of (Haru and Seiichiro Sakaki) and regulars all take part in a friendly match against the usual rivals who are more delinquents than anything...which shows much of their character. Also, playing rough is part-and-parcel of the futsal experience that's less stringent than actual soccer. A "good" experience for them to test for abilties to enter into the usual tournaments, with the whole Inazuma Eleven feel.

Welp, this is yet another situation that's like last Spring's Shakunetsu Kabaddi. Let's see how this one fares, and hopefully doesn't wing it the same like said series. Other than that, this is quote average.
KANLen09Jan 9, 2022 10:26 AM
Jan 9, 2022 6:58 AM
Oct 2019
Not exactly the new Sk8 or Kabaddi but it's fun enough to keep watching.
Jan 9, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2020
No idol performance this time.

Pretty interesting start. I know futsal is a very popular sports in South America, especially in Brazil.

I think this is going to be a nice show.
Jan 9, 2022 7:08 AM

Jan 2017
Ah yes the good ole "opponent commits fouls after fouls but our protags just bear with it" trope, sigh
Jan 9, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2018
Average at best.. The character design is so bland, they just changed the hair color from each character. Well, the sport scenes should be good ig.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 9, 2022 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
I can only wish real sports is at least as gay as this anime, that'd make it much more watchable.
Jan 9, 2022 7:56 AM
Jan 2020
I thought this will be "realistic" then they suddenly act someone from Inazuma Eleven

Rather bland and cliched to be honest. No Idols this time :(
RonninnJan 9, 2022 8:01 AM
Jan 9, 2022 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
Those animes i want to watch came out at once wow
Jan 9, 2022 8:13 AM
Sep 2019
good start, a tropy enough motivation, with similar kind of characters, good looking game mechanics, and a good OP/ED. Excited to see where it goes.
Jan 9, 2022 8:16 AM
May 2015
It's alright so far. The special techniques reminded me of Inazuma Eleven (Waiting for someone to do fire tornado lol). Also the heterochromatic guy kinda reminds me of akaashi from Kuroko no Basket. Strong sports player who's elitist and pretty much dominates his team/opponents.
Jan 9, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
I's average I guess. Picked it up just for the sport but outside of that I'm not particularly optimistic that it will be good.

Different hair colors for the guys seems a little too standardized, the production seems kinda bland and I would prefer if there were no super power but rather just exaggerated shots.

I guess the search for a good football show still continues. Hopefully Blue Lock will be what I'm looking for.
Jan 9, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
I's average I guess. Picked it up just for the sport but outside of that I'm not particularly optimistic that it will be good.

Different hair colors for the guys seems a little too standardized, the production seems kinda bland and I would prefer if there were no super power but rather just exaggerated shots.

I guess the search for a good football show still continues. Hopefully Blue Lock will be what I'm looking for.
Ao ashi coming next season it's good sport series too and it's football show, both Ao ashi and Blue lock is good I like both.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 9, 2022 9:53 AM

Jun 2016
Two words: fujoshi bait.
Jan 9, 2022 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Sunday does not just bring the hype (AoT + Kimetsu no Yaiba) but also fanservice for fujoshis.

This was more to my liking than the other/15 bishie sports series we get on a seasonal basis. I honestly enjoy it when it's a bit over the top. The opening visuals otoh were a let down. Too bad, so far I digged everything by STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2019
Those first 2 minutes just make me think the writer(s) have never actually watched a futsal match in their life. Since when has this sport been played in huge stadiums with grass pitches, even at the highest levels of play.

Other than that, this just looks like another fairly unremarkable and boring sports anime.
Jan 9, 2022 11:01 AM
Feb 2020
There is no fucking way this was made, this almost isn't even futsal. The characters are just yaoi bait, idk why but the bad guys EXIST and want to play futsal (why???) and they play so bad, not only them but the guys from the futsal club too.
Not even gonna write more so that I can forget asap that I even watched this.
Jan 9, 2022 11:03 AM
Feb 2020
Clumsy_Alpaca said:
Those first 2 minutes just make me think the writer(s) have never actually watched a futsal match in their life. Since when has this sport been played in huge stadiums with grass pitches, even at the highest levels of play.

Other than that, this just looks like another fairly unremarkable and boring sports anime.
Yes I was confused by that too, why the fuck were they playing in a stadium like that?
Jan 9, 2022 12:19 PM
Jul 2017
To be honest about that first episode, it was kind of boring and looks like a copy of other sports animes, like haikyuu and kuroko in basket... The protagonist looks like Hinata, the manager looks like the haikyuu teacher, and the first character they show to be a similar rival to kageyama, and I'm not saying they are similar in appearance, but they have similar personality as it looks... A blonde character who looks like Kise and his name is... Taiga? Okay, coincidences happen, but for me it was a lot of coincidences... Oh, one more time, the guy from the other team, who looks like a serious leader, like Akashi and they both have heterochromia, this is all just weird and not original , the anime in the beginning had a lot of potential with cool designs, premise and all, but at the time everything started to look like a copy, I didn't like it.
Jan 9, 2022 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
Tbh, I came into this expecting just the football((I'm new to this Fusal concept, so that is why my brain went that way.)) and only that, but then they pulled out these flashy moves and I'm like wtf lmao. Was honestly weird, but let's see how the plot continues.
Jan 9, 2022 1:28 PM
Nov 2020
I consider Haikyu to be the best sports anime going. There are plenty of concepts in it that other sports animes have but Haikyu does them the best. Sadly with a lot of sports anime, they share the exact same concepts. Concepts such as the two main characters being a fun and enthusiastic personality and the other being arrogant and thinking he is better for example. In Haikyuu this is Hinata and Tobio.

This anime seems to be yet another one that rips off older sports animes concepts and doesnt do them any better. It's one of those where you could copy and paste any sport into the show but the type of characters and scenarios are pretty much identical.

I haven't really decided whether I'll bother wasting more time on this show yet but if I see it gaining some traction then I'd consider it
Jan 9, 2022 3:07 PM
Mar 2021
Sazaki is Kageyama from futsal
Jan 9, 2022 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
a rather summery anime for winter season lol. At least will be nice to watch in gloomy days

anywho was kinda worried about how the animation will stack up, especially since soccer anime in general didn't have that great animation to begin with and futsal is a lot more chaotic in that regard, but surprisingly the animation (in the match at least) isn't too bad. Then again, this is Diomedia so chances are it's quickly gonna become shit

also why does every sports anime have to have that kageyama looking character looooooooool
Jan 9, 2022 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
This has been on my Plan to watch for a really long time. lol. Now, it's finally out.

Don't want to say it, but this was pretty bad.

The protagonist was introduced as someone who doesn't like futsal, and suddenly, the next time we see him, he loves it? What was even the point of that introduction! If he was neutral or just mildly interested or curious about futsal, then it wouldn't feel like a terrible jump.

The dialogues were bad.

It feels like the creators didn't know what story they exactly wanted to tell. The plot points just didn't go well with one another.

Art was okay enough, but the animation was not good. The characters' hair, clothes and body hardly interacted with their motion. Action heavy stories with exaggerated physics need to have proper weight and power. This anime just completely lacks it.

This is a nit-pick, but the protagonist and the short boy have terrible voices. It really didn't go with their bodies. Also, the short boy's hair is cute, but it seems very impractical for sports. They should have created a different version of his design for when he plays sports, where he maybe ties his hair back.

(Unrelated to this anime, but: The fact that this anime's bad art and animation is still better than Blue Period, a story about art, just makes me sad. lol)
Jan 9, 2022 6:45 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly..cringy and kinda dumb but..it has hot ani.e guys..and its a boys sport anime so i can ship bl too my hearts content so ima keep watching..its a 6 out of 10 at best tho
Jan 10, 2022 1:54 AM
Jun 2021
Just started watching it without expecting any thing but as of now it looks like a cheap Haikyuu! Football version where:
Sakaki = Kageyama
Haru = Hinata
Taiga = Tsukishima
Manager = Takeda

And yeah cheap version because the introduction was quite average and similar to Hinata who wanted to be like Little Giant and Haru who want to be like Tennoji

The main goal of their team would be to win the nationals, Haikyuu! Vibes right?

And why do the had guys here wanted to play the football lol?!!!

Anyway we are introduced to the bunch of colourful caste and everyone is handsome unlike Haikyuu where characters looks more realistic & relatable

Ops & EDs & osts were fine upto now, as of now a 6-7/10 anime, but let's see if it gets improved
Jan 10, 2022 2:52 AM

Nov 2017
A great surprise! I really like especially for flashy colors!
Jan 10, 2022 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
I thought this was amazing had me on the edge of my seat wondering what's next! I was just constantly excited about what would pop up.......

Yeah JK, this fucking blew hard donkey dick!
God why do I keep getting tricked by lame ass sport shows. I'm looking at you ReMain.....so gay!!!!!! It's just made for chicks to imagine pairs of dudes banging the brown mound....gaaaaaaaay! It'll just end as one big gay orgy at the end of the season after they win the U18 Cum Cup Championship.

Only good scene was when they all had that circle jerk at that one guys place then his little sister walked in and it turned into a gangbang........oh wait that'd be to interesting so they didn't do it and instead bored me into a coma.
Collins89Jan 11, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 10, 2022 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
i never had any expectations since the trailer but damn this is so horrible. everything about it is bland. i thought it will at least be realistic until that guy screamed "dragon head" or something. also it was really annoying how our main characters tried to bear with it even tho it's obvious they were cheating.
Jan 10, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
This was painfully bland and poorly executed. I love football and futsal's a fun alternative too, but man everything about this felt so one-note and inconsistent to watch. No passion in this whatsoever, and the characters are really dull and inconsistent like the series too. Just waiting for the Ao Ashi football anime next season to give me some actual potential with a football-based anime.
Jan 10, 2022 9:40 AM

Mar 2013
Seeing the first few seconds I thought
"Really? Is there someone who honestly thinks that Brazil still knows how to play ball?"

But then it loses to Japan. Now it's more in line with what I'd expect.
Jan 10, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2014
It took like, 10 seconds for a HUEHUEHUE reference? Based show. Absolutely hyped that this shit has super powers in it.
Jan 10, 2022 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
If I weren't a completionist, I would have dropped this 1 minute 30 seconds in after the God awful animation on Tennoji running against the void while redhead stares longingly. I've seen power points with better animation than that
Jan 10, 2022 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
That was fun. I tend not to watch sports anime, but I really want to see those cheaters get served.
Jan 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
Gawr-Gura said:
If I weren't a completionist, I would have dropped this 1 minute 30 seconds in after the God awful animation on Tennoji running against the void while redhead stares longingly. I've seen power points with better animation than that

I know what you mean! I've sat through some horrendous anime before, I mean some real wrist cutter anime. But man at least those had a genere I was somewhat into or turned. Sports is already not my biggest thing but man this made it worse. I was able to trudge through ReMain last season thx to a barley interesting idea. This was just bad. I finished the episode but am dripping the anime. Which I hate to do since I have a low drop rate.......thx futsal boy's!
Jan 10, 2022 8:30 PM
Mar 2015
One of the worst sports anime I have ever seen
Jan 12, 2022 8:56 AM

May 2015
It was quite underwhelming. They just had to randomly say the most generic lines like "it's our last year, so let's win Nationals" and "we are going to win Nationals, no, Japan's best for sure!!" - that's even before they even started with the new team.

MC is so confident he'll be the best. And we haven't even got to see how cool he is in this sport so in the end there wasn't anything in particular to hold my interest. I mean, after so many anime in the genre simply arranging diverse pretty faces won't cut it. There has to be something special. Even if most sports anime go by similar formula at least some have this special atmosphere and genuinely relatable characters that make you ok with watching the same plot all over again.

Oh, and they have Harry Potter for a manager, lol
Jan 12, 2022 3:55 PM
Dec 2021
Nice, enjoyed this episode!
Jan 12, 2022 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
This is on the same level as Skate leading but more boring. It is so fast paced that it seemed like I was watching it in ×2 speed.

And why are some of them so chuunibyou naming their shots like that. That was so cringey. And the guy who named his shot Storm of Horizon, that jump looked so unrealistic I never saw any player do that stunt...

I do feel like dropping it but the ED by R.O.N is beautiful enough for me to continue it. But still if it gets uncontrollably boring I might really drop it.
Rickydory123Jan 12, 2022 4:31 PM
Jan 15, 2022 2:10 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Damn, lots of hate for this lol.

I actually quite enjoyed this :D I definitely didn't expect that super high jump and naming the kick at the very beginning, but well, I've seen some of Captain Tsubasa so it didn't really faze me, lol. Sure it feels out of place because no one expected that, but hey, I didn't expect Captain Tsubasa to be that unrealistic either. Everyone's so hung up on those two instances, but for the most part, the plays are more realistic than Kuroko no Basket, and people enjoyed that. I honestly don't mind it, and I'm happy to see non-3DCGI soccer animation, unlike Days. Granted, this is futsal, so there are less players on the field so they don't have to do a ton of extra animation.

Regarding the sport itself, I've only seen in a few manga I've read where the characters mention playing it, but it was not the focus. I didn't realize that futsal isn't played in an outdoor stadium like that, as I learned from the comments. I guess that could be misleading for people who don't know the sport, but I think they made it clear that they aren't going for realism with that flying kick + name of the move at the beginning :') And if you can get past that, I think it was a fun episode. Nothing amazing, but it wasn't bad at all. Yeah it's kind of dumb the delinquents came back for losing, but eh, a pride thing, probably. Anyways, everyone's just been spoiled by Haikyuu!! it seems. I really don't want to see that anime/manga being brought up in another sports series again...

While the quality of the art itself isn't very polished, it actually has more animation that I'd thought it'd have. For example, when Sakaki was taking off his necktie, they animated that whole part whereas honestly they could've taken the shortcut and not animate that part at all, like most anime would. And if we ignore how Ryuu's jump was unrealistic, the animation of the spin was actually really cool ^^

I can see the animation getting more stagnant and characters being more off model (so far though, all the main characters' faces have been pretty on model) in the the future episodes, and I have no clue how the story will go, but I think it'll be a chill watch at the very least. As long as there's not too much drama or if the drama isn't too overblown (looking at you, Battery and Dive!!), then I think I'll like it to the end. We'll see, though. Hard to say, lol.

That ending song is sooo good though. I've always liked Stereo Dive Foundation's debut style the most (Daisy), and wanted to hear more of that style unlike most his subsequent releases. He has luckily blessed me with Storyseeker last year and now Pianissimo <3
Jan 15, 2022 5:36 AM
Feb 2021
Idk I’d it’s just me but not a fan on the red heads VA, it sounds like he’s trying to talk high pitch while having a blocked nose.
Mar 17, 2022 5:03 PM

Oct 2016
First impression: It's fine, but the animation and pacing had one foot in the "So bad that it's good" category.
Aug 15, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2023
As someone who is involved in futsal for many years, I would like to refer this https://futsalall.com/what-is-futsal-a-complete-guide-for-beginners/ It not only discusses the topic inside out but also explains how athletes can benefits from this wonderful sport. Hope everybody enjoys reading this blog

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2022

11 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2022

17 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2022

6 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.