Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 1, 2021 5:25 AM
Jan 2021
Sword Art Online: Progressive: Scherzo of a Deep Night movie set for 2022
https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/1455097782088257544?s=21
Nov 1, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2020
Wtf????? no man, Progressive don't deserve that. Just NO man why?? 😭😭

Ik floor 5 is one of the best floors but another movie? Ok fine, another movie is great but NEXT YEAR?? WTF?? It should be like at least 3 years work on that but they won't be able to cover floor 2,3,4 so soon in just one year, that would be a rush adaptation with whole lot cut contents.

But it's not a problem if they can make a round up thing like, after floor five they will show floor 2-4 but still I'm deeply dissatisfied.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ β β—œβ β€Ώβ β—β  β )⁠♑
Nov 1, 2021 5:35 AM

Jan 2021
Aw h*ll no! Here we go again.

+ Where can I watch this with subs?
pikachubolkNov 1, 2021 5:38 AM
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Nov 1, 2021 5:36 AM
Aug 2020
Well good news i guess but the title (the same as floor 5) concerns me, would be a waste to skip floors in a series that is trying to fix the old one where a lot of floors are skipped.
Nov 1, 2021 5:50 AM
Jul 2021
A bit of a bummer to me that the title is floor 5 and not 2 or 3 or 4. But I’m still crossing my fingers hoping the lower floors gets adapted in some format lol. The author had put effort into writing floor by floor so it’s kind of a waste when they skip it like that though. Not complaining that floor 5 is coming because there are more SAO to be expected. But if the 3 lower floors get the same treatment would be much more appealing.
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 5:54 AM
Jan 2021
pikachubolk said:

not out worldwide yet, but it’ll release in US on December 3 and other countries after that
Nov 1, 2021 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Ik floor 5 is one of the best floors but another movie? Ok fine, another movie is great but NEXT YEAR?? WTF?? It should be like at least 3 years work on that but they won't be able to cover floor 2,3,4 so soon in just one year, that would be a rush adaptation with whole lot cut contents.

But it's not a problem if they can make a round up thing like, after floor five they will show floor 2-4 but still I'm deeply dissatisfied.

Actually the production of movie 2 was started soon after movie 1 was done. It came as a rumor few moths ago that progressive will have series of movies .
Nov 1, 2021 6:05 AM
Feb 2021
Does the author really made a whole arc for each and every floor??
If yes then on which floor is he currently on??
Nov 1, 2021 6:05 AM

Apr 2016
So they are skipping floors 2-4 and adapting 5th floor. I don't give a f*ck anymore. I've already lost faith in SAO anime, I'll remain a LN only.

Nov 1, 2021 6:43 AM

Jan 2021
gasman66 said:
pikachubolk said:

not out worldwide yet, but it’ll release in US on December 3 and other countries after that

But aren't there any fan subs?
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Nov 1, 2021 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
pikachubolk said:
gasman66 said:

there might be, but it’ll probably be a camrip, so I’d recommend waiting for the official English release unless you’re fine with lower quality
Nov 1, 2021 7:35 AM

Jan 2017
Arthagrawal said:

That's his intention , that's exactly why Progressive was even created in the first place.
The last Volume is the 8th and he's about the 7th Floor.

pikachubolk said:

A Cam-rip will most probably be taken from the US screenings in December , until then , i've heard that Italy actually has some screening of the Movie , so a Cam-rip may come from there. (Don't hope for a Cam-rip from Japan , it's almost impossible)
Alexioos95Nov 1, 2021 7:38 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2021 7:58 AM
Jul 2021
Arthagrawal said:

I think the books is currently on 8 or 9 if I remember it right
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 8:04 AM
Jul 2021
imagine_aincrad7 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Actually the production of movie 2 was started soon after movie 1 was done. It came as a rumor few moths ago that progressive will have series of movies .

The rumours around a web domain registered for a new SAO movie circulate around in my local SAO community in August or September. Maybe it is about this Scherzo of Deep Night arc one. But I’m kinda hoping F2-4 gets some sort of treatment though. Not complaining about floor 5 movie like literally it is the best floor I have read (so far), just want the whole thing in F2-4 get on screen or TV or some sort.
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
Anayan_Kashyap said:

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/1455173035850305547
The Author announced that Floor 2-4 isn't adapted yet because the Elf War Quest is not yet completed in the Novels.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2021 8:24 AM
May 2016
Alexioos95 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

The Author announced that Floor 2-4 isn't adapted yet because the Elf War Quest is not yet completed in the Novels.
Good grief, that "isn't adapted yet" calmed my worries.
Nov 1, 2021 8:27 AM

Oct 2020
Arthagrawal said:
yes he is doing that. He is currently on volume 8 which covers the 7th floor. It was released so he might be on floor 8 now.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ β β—œβ β€Ώβ β—β  β )⁠♑
Nov 1, 2021 8:29 AM

Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Understandable. Because they can't even adapt Unital Ring yet as it is in a crucial point in the novel currently. Also volume 5 has less link with th Elf war arc.
Nov 1, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Oh yes, a prequel. Now I can be happy
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 10:03 AM
Jan 2020
joshua10red said:
So they are skipping floors 2-4 and adapting 5th floor. I don't give a f*ck anymore. I've already lost faith in SAO anime, I'll remain a LN only.

Author said it was because the Elf War wasn’t finished yet and it’s the only “independent” floor. I get it, but still think it’s stupid to just not go in chronological order.
Nov 1, 2021 10:19 AM

Sep 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I think they are not going to adapt floor 2,3 and 4 at all...
I haven't read the novels but apparently nothing much happens in those floors.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 1, 2021 10:30 AM
Feb 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Arthagrawal said:

That's his intention , that's exactly why Progressive was even created in the first place.

Oo if it goes like this adapting 100 floors will be long long way and if I am not wrong then progressive is going on from 2012 and in 10 years he is on 7/8 th floor I wonder if he will complete 100 floors...
Nov 1, 2021 10:37 AM

Apr 2016
I really hope they won’t skip any floor…
Nov 1, 2021 10:41 AM

Jan 2017
Arthagrawal said:
Oo if it goes like this adapting 100 floors will be long long way and if I am not wrong then progressive is going on from 2012 and in 10 years he is on 7/8 th floor I wonder if he will complete 100 floors...

Aincrad ended in Floor 75 because of Kirito.
Also , the main Light Novel is in its final Arc , so the Author will be able to focus on Progressive once it's finished.
But yes , it's an ambitious project , that's why some fans are afraid that he end up skipping/rushing Floors , or dies before he's able to finish it.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2021 10:53 AM
Jan 2021
Arthagrawal said:
Alexioos95 said:

recall that the series stops skipping floors at around 74, and the arc ends on floor 75
Nov 1, 2021 11:21 AM
Feb 2021
gasman66 said:

Oo if it goes like this adapting 100 floors will be long long way and if I am not wrong then progressive is going on from 2012 and in 10 years he is on 7/8 th floor I wonder if he will complete 100 floors.recall that the series stops skipping floors at around 74, and the arc ends on floor 75
still going for 75 floors will be a huge task to accomplish for ( yaa i nearly forgot that it was ended on 75 floor thanks for making me remember that)
Nov 1, 2021 12:06 PM
Sep 2017
Yo, the disrespect <_>

Confirmation: https://mobile.twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/1455189234449592334
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2021
l--_--l said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I think they are not going to adapt floor 2,3 and 4 at all...
I haven't read the novels but apparently nothing much happens in those floors.

Nah mate. I read it and like bruh it’s got a lot to do with the character devlopment bro. The tasks carried out in those floors in very interesting in terms of world building, reading it feels like you actually live in the game world with all it’s people in there. And there are also some events that affect the game clearing progress.

DeMarcKNov 2, 2021 4:52 AM
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 12:18 PM
Jun 2021
pikachubolk said:
gasman66 said:

it was only released a couple days ago and translating and subbing an entire movie takes a lot of time, especially since they aren’t getting paid and doing it in their free time. it’ll be out soon enough but it’s not gonna be out instantly.
Nov 1, 2021 12:31 PM

Jan 2017
juxzn said:
it was only released a couple days ago and translating and subbing an entire movie takes a lot of time, especially since they aren’t getting paid and doing it in their free time. it’ll be out soon enough but it’s not gonna be out instantly.

Not really , it's different for Movies.

For Movies fansubs , the translation team find a Cam-rip taken in some shabby theater , and then translate it , or they wait for the Bluray to be released in Japan. (The Blurays are usually released between 6 months and 1 year after the release in Japanese theaters)
(It's almost impossible for a Cam-rip to come from Japan because of the huge sanctions there is there , so most Cam-rips come from China or other country that have a screening earlier than the Bluray release date.)

More and more Movies get licensed and officially translated , so it's not necessary anymore to fansubs the Bluray.
For the Cam-rips , they either take a Cam-rip from an other country and them fansub it , or just wait for the official screening in US with the official subs and Cam-rip it.

For SAO Progressive , the Movie will be screened in US & Canada on 3rd December , so a Cam-rip will probably come some days after. (With officials subs.)
I've also heard that Italy is actually getting some screenings , so a Cam-rip may emerge from there. (And then get fansubbed)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2021 12:49 PM

Apr 2020
Kinda sad they won't adapt volume 3, it had a cool concept with all the boats :(
Nov 1, 2021 2:26 PM

Jun 2016
I can understand why Floors 3-4 are being cut. Not why floor 2 and Rondo is though.

Cutting out Nezha, all the world building and character development Rondo had, and the first glimpse of Laughing Coffin foreshadowing is 2head. Nezha also literally plays a role in the climax of vol 4, Scherzo aka the 2nd movie so....

Yeah. Audience will remain indefinitely cucked out of any feeling of continuity from Floor 1. We get more plot convenient characters show up to play roles in climax scenes only to never appear again. Magical villains that appear out of thin air without any foreshadowing.

Movie obviously won't be shit, but unless they plan on going back and somehow making a Rondo movie later, this is another permanent fuck up for the anime adaptation.
Nov 1, 2021 7:24 PM
Oct 2021
Arthagrawal said:
Alexioos95 said:

he will lives 100 years, if he will finish those floors
Nov 1, 2021 7:27 PM
Jul 2021
Inorichi said:
I can understand why Floors 3-4 are being cut. Not why floor 2 and Rondo is though.

Cutting out Nezha, all the world building and character development Rondo had, and the first glimpse of Laughing Coffin foreshadowing is 2head. Nezha also literally plays a role in the climax of vol 4, Scherzo aka the 2nd movie so....

Yeah. Audience will remain indefinitely cucked out of any feeling of continuity from Floor 1. We get more plot convenient characters show up to play roles in climax scenes only to never appear again. Magical villains that appear out of thin air without any foreshadowing.

Movie obviously won't be shit, but unless they plan on going back and somehow making a Rondo movie later, this is another permanent fuck up for the anime adaptation.

It has some details linked to the development above so I guess they want to give it a straight go. F2-4 together with F6-10 might be adapted into a 2 cour TV series as both prequel and sequel to the Movie Scherzo of Deep Night. The same reason applies for the current Unital Ring arc - because it has not finished therefore it would not be animated yet. So I don’t think it’s that worrying though, I even thought they were gonna skip the floors entirely which had my heart stopped for a moment lol.
Stonks
Nov 2, 2021 12:46 AM
Oct 2021
If you are reading the original, you may be wondering "What about Rondo, Concerto, Barcarolle?", But due to circumstances such as the elf war quest not being completed, "Scherzo" will be visualized this time. have become. We are confident that it will be a satisfying work, so please support us! - by author

Guys don't worry i think we would probably get floors 2-4 animated.. When the elf war quest ends in the novel

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.