Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2021 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Tsumugi beat the villain and joined recette. Everyone lived happily ever after, the end.

Honestly I liked this manga quite a bit so it's a shame this got axed. Looking forward to author duo's next work.
Sep 12, 2021 8:50 AM

Dec 2017
binged the whole thing today. felt like it was rushing things since chapter 3. this chapter had a "closure" ig, if you could even call it that. sad to see their first work flop so soon, but i hope they succeed next time
Sep 12, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
One thing I really like about Kodansha is that they allow the writers to develop the story and don’t axe it write away coz it’s not selling. I really hate how Jump doesn’t even give the authors time to really deliver. It’s sad to see this unique concept being added to the axed heap. The last few chapters just weren’t what they could have been had the authors been allowed to continue. A sad and unsolicited end to a manga that I personally liked.
Sep 12, 2021 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
Ame no Furu was super fun and enjoyable. It's a shame not too many people gave it a shot.
Sep 12, 2021 9:39 AM
Dec 2019
It's sad for me that the series ended immediately. The concept is quite unique and I honestly want to see more the world the artist wants to show us.

Yes the characters aren't really that great but for me the story made me imagine the world with power coming from candies. I get some kind of nostalgia out of it.

Overall I love this series and it's unfortunate not having a chance to see more of it
Sep 12, 2021 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
And thus Candy Flurry comes to an end. I can't say this actually brothers me, to be honest, there were definitely points I felt like dropping the series, and the only reason I continued was simply because it was looking pretty obvious that the series was heading for cancellation, so figured I might as well stick with it til the end.

When it came to it being actual action series, Candy Flurry really wasn't any good. Plotting was rushed and very straight forward, the action itself was very basic and not that compelling. and in a large way this wasn't very memorable.

But on the other hand, I think the humour was mostly pretty charming, the art style was pleasant, if it a bit basic, I really like Tsumugi's design if nothing else (and she was easily the best character), so it was a pretty solid read at points.

I love how balls to the wall they went with the last chapters, Tsumugi using her lollipop powers to make a freakin' Giant Mecha is honestly bumping this up from a 4/10 to a 5/10 for me, because it's the one element that's going to make me remember this series. For a quick as it had to happen, I think the mangaka did a good job wrapping this series up, in the most entertaining way possible. lol at Tsumugi commenting that her spur of the moment planning messed things up.

So yeah, I had fun with my time with Candy Flurry, shame it end so soon for the mangaka duo. Even though I'm not bother by it's cancellation, I would've like to see it get a little more time, 19 chapters is obviously not an ideal length for any series but hey, Horikoshi's Barrage only lasted 16 chapters and then he got the mega-hit in My Hero Academia. It's possible to bounce back from this.
Sep 12, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
well it was a pretty average end for this series 5/10
Sep 12, 2021 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Dang, sucks that it got axed; it was the only new weekly shounen jump manga that I continued reading after a few chapters in well over a year. Well here's to the next one.
Sep 12, 2021 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
Hmmmmmm. Not usually one to post anything, but screw it. I've been stuck on mainstream most of my life, and have finally been able to hop on board some new manga thanks to the Manga Plus app (from Shueisha? It is). Gotta say that of all the exploring to find which manga I wanna read; that Toriko, and Food Wars! are the only ones I can think of involving food. Was low key, excited to see the possibilities that bore it's way out from these creative super powers.

Either way. Short, or long; I had a great time reading & enjoying Candy Flurry. Sure don't wanna draw any comparisons to other manga, so I won't, but I can say that the ending was more than generous enough. Made me smile 100%. The only reason that I gave it a 6 / 10 (Fine) was because of lack of backstory for the antagonist's end of things. Villians felt kinda empty. Other than that; must end this post by saying that there's a Mega-Approved badge coming from me for the art style. Unique is accurate.
Sep 12, 2021 10:25 PM

Feb 2012
While I don't like that this manga was axed so soon, I'm not surprised about it. The setting wasn't that interesting so I doubt many readers engaged that much with it. The main thing holding the story together were the strength of the characters, with the protagonist being particularly interesting. Unfortunately, she never fit the tried and true Shonen Jump and that makes it pretty difficult to find success in that magazine. This was a solid rookie work, and I hope the experience will push this duo to make an even better work in the future.
Sep 13, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2020
pretty nice ending considering how it got axed. was kinda sad when i heard the news, didnt really like this manga at first but it definitely grew on me

looking forward to seeing the authors' works more !
Sep 13, 2021 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
Was always just a matter of when, not if. I did warm up to it as it went along, and enjoyed the jokes during fights.
Sep 13, 2021 2:22 PM

Dec 2016
Overall from the start average series and like some people said only strength was in the characters. Maybe if authors made battle-gag manga like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo then I think it could had bigger potential.

_Usurper_ said:
One thing I really like about Kodansha is that they allow the writers to develop the story and don’t axe it write away coz it’s not selling. I really hate how Jump doesn’t even give the authors time to really deliver. It’s sad to see this unique concept being added to the axed heap. The last few chapters just weren’t what they could have been had the authors been allowed to continue. A sad and unsolicited end to a manga that I personally liked.

Unfortunately this is downside of publishing in biggest manga magazine in Japan.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 13, 2021 3:44 PM
Mar 2021
No surprise that a boring manga gets axed. Did not enjoy this one at all, but held out because I could tell it was getting axed, and it's only about 20 pages a week out of my life. Maybe the author will learn, and their next work will be an improvement. One can only hope.
Sep 13, 2021 6:10 PM
Mar 2018
Here we go again, with Jump being impatient. I get it, it might not have been JJK or Demon Slayer but it was rather fun and unique. I bet we could've learned more about powers in a more fleshed out way, instead of "WAIT IT'S ALL LOLLIPOPS" and pull out a giant mech (Not hating on the mech, that was awesome. Just how fast the pacing of the story was towards the end).

Sad to see this series go.
Sep 14, 2021 4:33 PM

Feb 2021
It honestly shocked me that it ended so fast. It's sad to see that not many people gave it a read. I really liked the concept of the whole candy thing and I was honestly looking forward who the other candy users were and what type of candy they use, sad that we won't be able to know :(
Sep 17, 2021 6:28 PM
Oct 2016
The first new manga I’ve given a chance so I was sad to see it go. It was nice but then bounced between average and great a lot. The comedy actually redeemed a lot of confrontations, aside from certain good characters, fights, and abilities that’s really it. I really wasn’t we this series to succeed mainly for the candy power system, hopefully something similar to it in the future would be cool. Even though I had my issues with it, I still enjoyed it for what it was. Whatever the authors do next, I’ll definitely be on board!!
Oct 30, 2021 6:35 AM

Aug 2020
just caught up

wow that's a shame it ended like that. past 4 or so were ridiculous. u could tell it got axed out of the blue.

rip. I was really starting to like it around 11 chapters lol.
Nov 19, 2021 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
Quite a decent journey overall.
Feb 9, 2022 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
And they defeated him.
And so it ends, this manga was fun and entertaining. And the drawing was good.
Jun 26, 2022 11:18 AM
Apr 2020
I know this is sort of an old thread but can anyone tell me why this is listed at 22 chapters when it ends at chapter 19? I want to list it as completed but this is bothering me so much!
Dec 23, 2023 12:27 PM

Mar 2019
It wasn't bad at all, I'd say it was even more fun than I expected, but I completely understand why it was cancelled, maybe if it hadn't been published in Jump's main magazine it could have lasted longer.
Well, it was good while it lasted.

🍰 🎂 🍮 🍭 🍬 🍫 🍿 🍩

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ame no Furu Chapter 18 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 5, 2021

9 by Jonas-K »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Ame no Furu Chapter 17 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 29, 2021

9 by Jonas-K »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Ame no Furu Chapter 9 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 20, 2021

12 by Jonas-K »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Ame no Furu Chapter 8 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 13, 2021

6 by Jonas-K »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Ame no Furu Chapter 3 Discussion

Phloup - May 9, 2021

9 by Jonas-K »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.