Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 3:39 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yo! Yo! Yo! It's time for rapping. But... But... But... Ren was written a haiku instead of rap. lmao.

Very impressive episode. Sumire, you can do it!, you can be the center! I really love the moments between Keke and Sumire. Keke is the one who knows about Sumire's efforts and hardworking. The moments between Keke and Sumire made me could make me cry as well.
The new song, Nonfiction!!, was a pretty good one. Sumire, with ojou-sama haircut, was done very well in the first performance as a center. Don't let anyone destroy your confidence.

Well... it looks like Keke got a possibility to leave and get back to China, this might gonna be a serious drama at the final of the series. Which I hope it will not happen. We could see the farewell airport scene again. lol
That qualification hall looks like to be the same one that Kanon failed at singing when she was young as well. This will be a trauma for her to overcome.

And, the legendary Love Live MC is back.

AkeZZZOct 3, 2021 3:53 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 3, 2021 4:03 AM
Jun 2021
Good episode. I honestly would like to say, I knew it. It was obvious they weren’t going to let Sumire and Keke keep arguing with each other and they were eventually going to give a center to Sumire. Keke making Sumire the outfit and spying on Sumire training was too emo. Also, Sumire’s little sister is so cute. Anyways, the song is a bop. I wonder what happened on the phone with Keke?
Oct 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
accamluafris said:
. I wonder what happened on the phone with Keke?

Keke is calling with her sister saying that she is practicing for the LoveLive and she is reminded about the deal where if her grades get affected, she needs to return to China.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 3, 2021 6:26 AM

Jan 2019
Lots to unpack in this episode, but very good overall. LL announcer girl is back and hasn't aged! The rap segment was pretty amusing, but the highlight of the episode was definitely the interaction between Keke and Sumire. I'm glad they gave us a Sumire-focused episode with Keke as support. Surely they wouldn't let these 2 bicker for eternity. Finally, the bond between these two has gotten stronger! I wonder when they'll tackle Keke's background with more depth though.

Also, can we all agree the insert song SLAPS?! Another welcomed departure from the usual genki idol song style if y'know what I mean. Sumire's low voice and rap at beginning was an absolute blessing.
Oct 3, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
Lol at that rap scene.

Sure we need some drama between two characters, or otherwise this would get boring. Keke and Sumire's interaction was really interesting in this episode.

Sumire finally got to be the center. I'm happy for her.

I loved their performance.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Oct 3, 2021 10:23 AM
Jul 2019
best episode since episode 3 IMO

I've been critical about how they've been recycling plot points these past few episodes but this one feels fresh and has never been done in any of the previous series.
nevergainOct 3, 2021 12:40 PM
Oct 3, 2021 2:56 PM

Mar 2015
Jesuschrist Keke, just how much of a bitch are you.
Oct 3, 2021 8:59 PM

Jul 2011
This whole Sumire shooting for the stars and just to be shot down over her life was depressing. She is such expressive and have the passion. Literally she, talk the talk and walk the walk.
And in this episode we see how the insecurity build up over life. And made her think that she wasn't good enough, and we also want the best for the group.

Keke situation wasn't a surprise to be honest.

Im not sure why I like Sumire so much.
Oct 3, 2021 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
Kanon's outfit while rapping earlier was so darn cute. 🥰
Is it finally time for our favorite rapper Chisato to lead us?! No?!
Oh how cute Ren-ren's objection earlier!
Keke tried to rap but needs translation... 😅
Finally, Sumire's skills came to light without me noticing! Her dream finally came true, to be the center... but late reaction, so cute! 😍

Their song for today was so lovely and sexy. I'm glad Sumire and Keke finally become true friends with each other since every time I see them, they always bicker with each other.
CrazyButNot4UOct 3, 2021 9:37 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 3, 2021 11:38 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I was expecting Sumire to get bitch-slapped at some point for considering stopping being a School Idol. I mean, Honoka got slapped for less than that.

Also, gotta laugh at the fact of Sumire being chosen as the center because she can rap yet the final song ended up being anything but rap xD It sure was a quite sexy performance tho. I liked it.

Good episode overall. Not sure if the deal surrounding Sumire's lack of confidence was handled well or felt too overdramatic but it sure was nice to see her receiving more characterization.
Oct 4, 2021 12:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sumire has the center with a princess outfit, that's some interesting idea, didn't like the "drama" etc but I hope they won't send Keke back to china xD anyway that wasn't rap at the end??? 8man is better at this anyway
Oct 4, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
Another very strong Superstar episode. Sumire's drama follows off very naturally from her past of always missing out on the spotlight: it's no surprise at all that she'd have an inferiority complex about it and believe they're only letting her do it out of pity. It makes even more sense when you consider how Keke has treated Sumire up to this point: I don't think she was trying to be mean with the dismissive comments she was making about Sumire before this episode, but I'm sure it had a negative effect on Sumire anyway given her past.

Regardless, I'm glad Keke was able to convince Sumire that she truly values her and what she brings to their performances, and that the offer to be the centre wasn't made out of pity at all, especially as it led to probably my favourite musical number in Superstar so far: that performance was very different to anything they've done so far, very dark and sexy and impressive. Liella's performances in this anime have already set the bar high, and this week they raised it once again.

And now we've got some real stakes set up for them needing results: if they don't, Keke will have to go back home to China. No doubt there's gonna be some big drama when everyone inevitably finds out later on (most likely just before a major performance near the end of the tournament).
Oct 4, 2021 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
Holy hell this was great. And the song mmmmmm

I really liked the early rap part, I hope to hear more of it in the full version
Oct 4, 2021 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
the ghost of Umi is ready to return and slap anyone who has the audacity to leave Liella. Final minutes are really good however, both for the resolution of Sumire's problem and the song itself.
Oct 4, 2021 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
Drippy Kanon.

Very nice episode again. What I liked to see the most was the hard working and modest Sumire. She earned her spotlight ^^

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2021 12:12 PM

Jan 2015
What an amazing episode, I even got teary eyed! The drama was on point this week. Also the performance was truly impressive. I loved it.
Oct 4, 2021 3:41 PM

Apr 2018
Feels good watching an anime without subtitle even if it's only for a 10 second phone conversation.

Also that some next level translation app
DragevardOct 4, 2021 3:47 PM
Oct 4, 2021 5:46 PM

Aug 2011
This was easily one of the best episodes in the whole Love Live franchise...this season really surprised me with how good it is! I'm glad they've stopped trying to copy the exact formula of season 1 and instead introduce some new concepts/character types/music styles.
Oct 4, 2021 7:33 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always, really glad to see Sumire get the spotlight she rightfully deserves. :)
Oct 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
Really great episode! The level of drama was actually on point, & Sumire-chan has made a very good character development throughout the episode. Best of all, Nonfiction is sublime, and I have to say that it is my favorite song in Love Live! Superstar!! Naomi Payton has knocked out of the park as Sumire-chan!

This anime has never ceased to impress me. Also, welcome back, Love Live! Announcer Host! You haven't aged at all!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Nov 2013
The song is bop. Is it called nonfiction?
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Oct 4, 2021 8:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was by far one of my favorite episodes so far, we finally got more Sumire focus and she actually got her own song finally, since the first song with her was more for Chisato, and it was fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite songs and performances in the show and I’m so glad Sumire got her time in the spotlight, and looked badass while doing it. Also glad to see her and Keke settle their differences, although I have always liked their cutthroat attitude towards each other lol.
Oct 5, 2021 12:36 AM

Feb 2014
Sumire looks lovely on that outfit. A well deserved center with the song fitting perfectly for her. Easily the best song of Liella so far.

LOL! The Love Live! host came back and haven't aged.

Hard to pick my best girl in Superstar, it always varies per episode.
Oct 5, 2021 12:58 AM
Feb 2020
Superstar is getting better each episode and each new episode is always better thann last episode (ehh.. it's seems something wrong with this but whatever)
Love the episode and Keke's Chinese is really a fanservice for me
Oct 5, 2021 5:45 AM

Oct 2014
Thats was beautiful. The plot, the drama, the music. I think this episode alone is better than the Love Live Sunshine Over the Rainbow movie lmao.

The yuri bait is strong on this one like Nijigasaki, which is awesome imo.

So basically, their power level are:

Sumire deserves to be their center.
Oct 5, 2021 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to see more Keke and Sumire interactions. The writers did a great job at developing their characters for this episode and their bond has grown stronger as a result. Sumire has failed many times throughout her life, but I feel the thing she fears most is failing those she cares about.

Keke would have to return home if she doesn't make it in LL. She might like making verbal jabs at Sumire, but when she supported her as center, nothing was going to change her mind. Not only that, but she took the time out of her day to make a costume for her so it would stand out when she was the center.

&++ I loved the performance! It has to be my favourite so far.

What a touching episode!
Oct 5, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2018
Uninterested by the 'drama' but I loved the song, even if there was very little rap in it.
Oct 5, 2021 9:28 AM
Aug 2021
I think it's better for Sumire to really withdraw, that's the reality, then she returns as center in season 2, amazing isn't it?. but i really don't cry

although overall I really like the music in this anime. I think it's like a mix of jazz and Orchestra, sorry I don't really know. However, the ending song feels more comfortable if each expert sings each one alone. whatever it is, I feel lucky to watch and it's pretty good so far.
Oct 5, 2021 10:15 AM

May 2009
I don't think I've cried with a LL! episode ever since the end of the first gen. This episode was simply beautiful. Superstar as a whole has made me fall in love all over again with the franchise, something neither Aqours nor the Nijigasaki girls could do (I loved You and Kanan in Sunshine, but I loved them as their individual characters).

Ren doing tanka when asked to rap is too precious, I love her so much.

OTOH... I felt cheated with the song. Don't get me wrong, it slaps hard. But it just wasn't rap. Shoudn't have raised any expectations after seeing the costume tho, so that's on me.
Oct 5, 2021 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
now the songs went beyond now it was Rap that was even cool.
Oct 5, 2021 4:49 PM

Aug 2021
Seeing Sumire's effort was epic, you could tell she wanted to be the center, and I think it's the first time I've seen Keke so serious about making a decision.
Oct 6, 2021 6:43 AM

Oct 2007
nice Sumire episode.. she finally got her dream to become the center of the group. :)

also had a fun time watching when they were all trying to rap. Keke raps in chinese, Chisato dances it, Ren makes a haiku, and Kanon even had a cap with "K". lol
Oct 6, 2021 4:47 PM

Jun 2021
A nice episode that shows the ongoing development of relationship between Sumire and Keke.

But I have one question; what happened to the rapping? I thought that was the whole reason of making Sumire the center and they didn't even bother show her rapping during the performance.

Oct 6, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2014
Erotaku_ said:
But I have one question; what happened to the rapping? I thought that was the whole reason of making Sumire the center and they didn't even bother show her rapping during the performance.

For me the worst offender was Chisato not delivering the best rap performance, she busted some sick rhymes in an earlier episode!

Oct 7, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2019
Sumire is without a doubt the best girl. I loved the episode.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 8, 2021 6:55 PM
Aug 2019
This is slowly becoming my favorite Love Live season, really lol. I loved seeing this more vulnerable side of Sumire, and also the whole conversation with Keke was so good, definitely one of my favorite Love Live episodes! I loved the song a lot too, can't wait for the full one! Not really a fan of the outfits tho lol
Oct 10, 2021 6:14 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
omfg that was the best intro song I've heard in a while~!<3 X'3>
Oct 11, 2021 12:19 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Sumire focused episode and glad to see she got the spotlight she deserved. The rap song was great. Thou ofc nothing beats Saint Snow's songs. But still this was a great one. Sumire chan's so cute.

Man I never knew Tiara could be blown off by a gust of wind lol.
Oct 11, 2021 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
I'm just going to ignore some of the less-sensible part (like tiara flying bcs of wind, and the rap being half-rap and, tbh, sucks) and say:

Best episode so far! They really develop all the layers of struggle and depression they put on Sumire in this one episode, while establishing the Love Live! S1 standard end season "goodbye by travelling abroad" flag.

Although maybe, more importantly, the development on Keke is more important and more impressive. It might seem to be a convenient twist, but actually this is well in-line with the true essence of Keke's characters, that has been laid out over the season.
About how Keke alone is actually the one who truly wants to be an idol and nothing else,
while the rest grow to want to be an idol as a result of their true wishes.
She is alone, a foreigner in foreign country, after all.
Her name is still very weird, tho. They're definitely licking certain parties, here.
Oct 14, 2021 1:19 AM

Sep 2020
Do Da Da Follow, Yo! One of the best scene. Sumire as the center sure is refreshing.
I like their performance, not that explosive but its pretty decent.

And Ren turning Rap into Tanka is really hilarious, imagine that outfit and glasses while singing like that. Love it.

it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Oct 16, 2021 9:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang, that song in the end was so well done with that typical rap lyric on the start (if i am not mistaken my words here, but anyway). Love that bits, and Sumire just so damn beautiful on this episode. Finally, the Galaxy Queen got the center of the group, even though the plot was so dragging out and feels exaggerating. But, yeah, forget that LL drama story can always be that long xd. 2 more episodes before my binge is over, how can this good shit end so soon :(.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
Is something wrong with my head?
I could swear Sumire sounded like Aoi Koga in this episode ._.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Nov 29, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2007
I loved the performance at the end, definitely one of the best in the series so far! Great episode overall
Feb 13, 2022 3:26 AM

Aug 2017
Great episode. Even with "rap" the ladies put in a feminine and captivating performance.

I've been dragging out watching this as it's so good.

PaulNamida said:
I don't think I've cried with a LL! episode ever since the end of the first gen. This episode was simply beautiful. Superstar as a whole has made me fall in love all over again with the franchise, something neither Aqours nor the Nijigasaki girls could do

I agree, superstar kicks butt
CarbonMDFeb 13, 2022 3:29 AM
Jun 30, 2022 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
Is good to see Sumire finally, getting the center scene. Ren, turning rap in tanka is funny.

Girl has insecurities, but she got through it in the end. The performance is nice, but there wasn't much of a rap.
Aug 5, 2022 12:04 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
So the theme was rap and they ended up performing something that wasn't rap and wearing something never associated with rap.
Apr 30, 2023 4:54 PM
Nov 2020
I. Love. Sumire.

-
Jul 24, 2:52 AM
Sep 2022
GO. SLAY. QUEEN!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

73 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

115 by DEVILHUNTERRETRO »»
Aug 10, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.