Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2009 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the story begins!!! That's exactly what I remember form the good old DB anime first part!!! In fact it's prett much fun to be reading this and actually enjoying it all over again.... So there's no censorship here huh.... Lol it was so funny how Goku completely ditched touching Bulma's ass hahahahah.... that was hilarious... They're relationship is amazing!!!! I've alway like that pairing... tooo bad she doesn't en up with Goku.... Loved how he defeated the big bird :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2011 8:50 PM

Mar 2010
Lol Goku is so dunce, the way he met Bulma was funny and they really got together fast for the adventure.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 24, 2012 9:07 AM
Jan 2012
"Why would I want to touch your dirty butt?"

EXACTLY! :P
Dec 30, 2013 9:53 PM

Apr 2010
lol they were so odd in the beginning but it's okay. They're both still awesome. :D

Dec 14, 2016 9:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First chapter, and first point to enjoy!!!!
Dec 25, 2018 7:11 PM

Sep 2011
"You have two of gandpa?" lol

I loved the first chapter, it was really funny. I only watched Dragon Ball Z, so it's nice to see the begin of everything.
Jan 4, 2020 8:33 PM

Aug 2012
Dragon Ball Z is the series of my childhood, and despite it holding that important place in my life, I've never really explored much of the series roots. I've seen several episodes of Dragon Ball at sporadic intervals before, especially the first few in the series but I've never gone through all of it and I've missed out on several of the most well-regarded arcs. 2020 feels like it's finally time to change that.

And as for the first chapter, it was okay. The humour didn't entirely gel with me and the pacing was so quick I don't have any real investment in these characters or plot yet (outside of my pre-established relationship with the series). I do like the interplay between Goku and Bulma though, it worked well to establish their characters pretty well, but mostly for Goku. I kinda like that he's not really stupid so much as ignorant of the outside world. I mean, it was pretty neat to see him quickly figure out how this car works after just one viewing to save the day. I find it makes Goku more endearing, that his stupidity has this explanation of human isolation behind it.
Mar 13, 2020 5:22 PM
Jan 2020
a bit better paced than the anime and seems to have some extra details (like how bulma found the first dragon ball), i like it.
Apr 17, 2021 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
bulma and goku probably are the strangest couple ever. gonna enjoy reading this.
Apr 23, 2021 3:15 AM

Nov 2019
This is the manga I grew up with! It has been roughly twenty years since my mom bought me the fourth volume of Dragon Ball, before I even knew what it was.
A couple of months ago I bought the complete series as part of my manga collection, but never actually read it from the beginning to the end. I guess it’s time to read entirely the one manga who opened myself the way to an incredible world and passion.
Thank you, Dragon Ball. Let’s start this.
Jul 28, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2019
I began reading this yesterday, but I forgot to put my thoughts here. This was a pretty fun chapter, really reminds me of One Piece (I can see how this influenced OP…), can’t wait to see what happens!
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Aug 20, 2021 1:01 AM
Sep 2020
Reading my childhood will be fun
Jan 8, 2022 2:36 AM

Nov 2010
Time to re-read one of my all time favourites and the first manga I ever read. Some of my volumes are so well-read I'm afraid they won't even make it, but it's going to be fun.

This time I'm going in having read more of Toriyama's earlier work, Dr. Slump and the early one-shots. The Chinese setting, the inhumanly strong little guy, the young boy/older girl dynamic and capsules are all introduced in those earlier ones. But this is where he really got it all working together.

As with any Toriyama manga the art is great. I really like the mixing of the traditional Chinese and the technological world, with Goku and Bulma representing each part. I really love the capsules and it's such a great way for Toriyama to be able to draw so many different vehicles. And the hunt for the Dragon Balls is a great macguffin to start of the story.
Jun 16, 2022 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
What episode and/or movie is this chapter adapted into?
Sep 25, 2022 9:15 AM

Oct 2020
Nice chapter, but basic
Otaku sin ser otaku.
- Mauricio RH
Nov 22, 2022 10:10 PM

Jun 2020
The beginning of what would truly become a legendary tale that would enrapture generations. When compared to everything we know it is often surprising to look back on these truly humble origins. We have seen this story be told in one way or another since the 16th century. I am sure when it first released it must have just seemed another permutation, unbeknownst it would go on to be the most widely known take on the mythos.
Dec 3, 2022 9:46 PM
Jun 2019
So Bulma is gonna use Goku as a bodyguard and basically stole the most precious thing that Goku possesses.
Mar 9, 6:15 PM
Oct 2023
In the first chapter of Dragon Ball, Toriyama-sensei introduces readers to the MC's penis long before we ever learn his name... and that's one way to do a memorable character introduction.
Mar 10, 3:57 AM

Apr 2022
i've already seen the dbz anime a long time ago but in honor of akira toriyama's passing, i wanna finally try the manga from scratch.
really like the art style. lil goku and bulma duo, interesting start considering how they become later lmao and the fanservice.
also RIP again toriyama sensei.
Sep 15, 5:44 AM

Jan 2016
(read in japanese while sub-N5 level)
Can't believe Buruma shot Goku without a second thought. Never point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill. Luckily, he's strong enough where only seemed to be an annoyance.
Seemed like Goku was calling the car a beast and her a witch but I'm only 30% of the latter.
Goku is so innocent and was nice of Buruma to tell him about everything.
That's what she gets for now just peeing on side of road, now she's dripping all down her panties and legs.

More topics from this board

» Pra vocês, onde Dragon Ball deveria ter acabado?

Suricate_ - Sep 16

7 by Subzzin_Eu »»
Today, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 343 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 24, 2011

4 by Animeweebisali »»
Yesterday, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 418 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 25, 2011

6 by LeonardoFrav »»
Oct 11, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 34 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 17, 2011

8 by Timeline_man »»
Oct 10, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 413 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 25, 2011

4 by LeonardoFrav »»
Oct 9, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.