Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 10, 2020 4:07 PM
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Jan 2020
This show had a LOT of problems but honestly, it was pretty damn entertaining. The continuous internal monologues got a bit draining and it's a lazy storytelling device. There was a pretty high level of predictability given that at least the rat and ox mimicked the actual folktale ending. Also, the fact that the ED showed the deaths in order was mind-boggling to me - why on earth would you spoil your own show?

But aside from all that, I didn't mind the end as much as everyone else seems to and it was a fun cast of characters and I liked how their powers were woven in etc. I enjoyed it but that's probably because I'm not jaded on the battle royale format because I just haven't seen that many. I certainly didn't find it boring.

It's a strong 7/10 from me.

πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ . ι˜Ώθ‰―γ€…ζœ¨ 暦, ε‚· 物 θͺž . πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Aug 6, 2020 6:52 AM
Jun 2020
I hate Rat. Even Boar's wish was better and she wanted a harem of 3.5 billion men. Rat's character makes me cringe because he literally acts like a 14 year old chuuni that thinks he's got the whole world figured out πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘„πŸ‘οΈπŸ–• It started out great at the start but slowly degraded over time. I miss Monkey, she deserved the whole world :'(
Aug 6, 2020 6:55 AM
Jun 2020
Overall it was enjoyable, but there was a lot of problems. In my humble opinion the ending was shït and disappointing. 7/10
Oct 24, 2020 6:46 AM
Mar 2018
So, the show about an evil organisations demi-human battle-royale that is kinda supposed to make you feel bad for the participants by showing off their conflicted background ends in a narrational stalemate. What a letdown. While the production value seemed quite good, the writing and characters were clearly lacking in everything. The females were your standard bodacious, attractive, skimpy outfit amazons with many inferiority complexes (mostly towards men, because why not?), whilst the men were your standard stereotypes and tropes from all the action anime that use loads of "grewsome" battles and "shocking" deaths. I think Ox may also have been a bit racist, since he was the only one looking the most stereotypical, besides Rabbit who almost looked like a comic relief character (next to chicken maybe). And that "dreadfull" ending, in terms of satisfaction for the viewer, was like watching a sleeping pill taking a nap. Couldn't they at least try to achieve the "show not tell" principle of cinema, to take at least a small step away from the monotone mediocrity of feeling more important by talking more in anime? Instead we get the mopey teen returning to his constant state of *insert juvenile philosophy here*.
Anyway 6/10 - Stay away if you came for the funny bit with the drunken Tigress...
May 4, 2021 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
This last episode made me realize that I wasted my time watching the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2021 7:01 PM

Dec 2018
It have interesting characters, fine backstory and weird personality, which lead to questionable decision, still I could say it was a ride.

Problem is the order by death, I'm not exactly sure which one they following:
Zodiac - Boar Dog Rooster Monkey Sheep Horse Snake Dragon Rabbit Tiger Ox Rat
With Rabbit's necromancy - Dog Boar Rooster Sheep Horse Snake Dragon Tiger Monkey Ox Rabbit Rat (dunno about the 3 got blow together but whatever..)
Without Rabbit's necromancy - Snake Boar Dog Rooster Monkey Sheep Horse Dragon Rabbit Tiger Ox Rat

A lot of confusion as to why they do what they did, and those question probably just gonna be put behind like Rat chosen to.
Jul 2, 2021 1:40 PM

Apr 2021
I absolutely understand why this final episode received a lot of negative reactions, but me? I may be the minority, but I loved witnessing Rat's struggle to figure out the wish he desires. As a teenager with a "regular" life, a lot of the wishes he considered seemed logical, if benign, considerations for someone his age and lifestyle. But he's no dummy. He realizes that the vast majority of his wishes are dumb, serve little purpose, or downright go against his own desires. That internal struggle felt very real to me because having any one wish granted is probably too big for one person, should one aim big. But if one doesn't aim big, was the whole quest to have that wish granted even worth the trouble?

Witnessing his struggle to find the one thing he desires most felt like a philosophy class in my eyes - in a good way. My favorite part was his consideration for turning his power of experiencing 100 iterations of any given timeline into 1000, and he rejecting it because he couldn't bear to see himself fail at achieving something a thousand times. This felt very profound to me. I also enjoyed seeing him consider bringing Monkey back to life. He appeared to respect her, even though he didn't follow the same ideology as she did in regards to peace.

Anyway. Not the most interesting character of the lot to me, but an interesting view on his psyche. I also loved seeing his interactions with other characters during other iterations and seeing other characters' wishes. To me, this final episode was gold.
MirinkaiserJul 28, 2021 3:30 AM
"Death is not the end. Being forgotten is."
Nov 30, 2022 6:56 AM
Jan 2020
Guess this is still made Nisio Isin
RonninnNov 30, 2022 7:05 AM
Jan 9, 2023 12:46 AM

Oct 2009
baka Nezumi D:
guess the wish or the memory he got from the battle royale is too heavy of a burden for a high school student :(
Feb 23, 2023 8:52 PM
Jan 2018
As an audience member I found the ending dissatisfying but on a human level if I lived through something that traumatic I would want to forget as well. And this kid is in high school, we are not aware of any combat training he has so he's just a regular kid who was forced into participating.
Jul 28, 2023 2:19 PM
May 2023
I love that we got to see Nezumis thoughts when he was trying to decide a wish. tbh I woulda gone with more wishes and then chosen to forget everything with one of those
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Jul 2017
would have asked for 100 wishes to fix the world and for the last one ask for the "forget everything" wish. 0 IQ
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

155 by Jawnyblaze »»
Jun 28, 6:31 AM

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.