Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 5:01 PM
✨ a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 30, 2021 5:31 PM
Apr 2017
that was underwhelming, not really much explain or plot, the retire thing was a false suspense, the entire plot of episode was too, and not a cardfight in sight, and this after a week of waiting with that fake cliffhanger
Apr 30, 2021 6:41 PM

Aug 2014
Was expecting a cardfight with, say, Megumi and Danji over Danji's retirement, but there were actually no duels this episode. It feels kind of weird to have a filler-like ep this early, plus this setup makes it seem like the amusement park shutdown is going to come back as a plot point near the end of the series.

Also Takami is such a Clamp guy. It'd be interesting to see him show up more, since it looks like he and Danji have some history. He's got to play the game too right?
Apr 30, 2021 7:01 PM
Sep 2015
It's harder and harder to say that Danji and Yuyu are "just friends" now. They're so lovey-dovey! Danji even introduce himself to Yuyu's family. Meeting your lover's family is a significant step toward marriage! The only question left is who's top and bottom!

The next episode "That's CardFight Pro-Wrestling!!" I can see what you did there, Bushiroad, which own New Japan Pro-Wrestling. I used to think that card game company is smaller than pro-wrestling company, but it's the other way around instead!
Apr 30, 2021 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
Episode 3 was almost decent but yeah this did nothing to build upon the potential. This show is unfortunately still very wack.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Apr 30, 2021 10:44 PM

Jan 2014
Really do feel like some are giving this way too much of a hard time, or are not giving it a chance. It's only had 4 episodes, and so far most of the plot has just been 'We have a Vanguard club area, let's just play and have fun.' Which isn't bad honestly? Like I'm seeing 'Oh that was underwhelming.' But it's more OK if anything. I can see this show using the first season to really establish it's cast members, being how it's only 12 episodes long, before maybe going all out wit it in terms of proper Vanguard fights. If not, then I'll take my words back, but even with that, it's pretty decent lol.

I can see it having more misunderstandings throughout this season though, which can a bit tiring when it's done for the millionth time, but other that, pretty alright episode.
Apr 30, 2021 11:48 PM

Feb 2019
Megumi in the episode so it was a free 5/5. God I love her so much. The danji antics were hilarious too. Another solid ep
May 1, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
I'm quite sad because i really like this series and this episode was the worst and most unfunny so far, especially the first half, only the last few minutes were back to normal and good:((
May 4, 2021 10:11 PM
Apr 2017
Ellenwitch said:
Really do feel like some are giving this way too much of a hard time, or are not giving it a chance. It's only had 4 episodes, and so far most of the plot has just been 'We have a Vanguard club area, let's just play and have fun.' Which isn't bad honestly? Like I'm seeing 'Oh that was underwhelming.' But it's more OK if anything. I can see this show using the first season to really establish it's cast members, being how it's only 12 episodes long, before maybe going all out wit it in terms of proper Vanguard fights. If not, then I'll take my words back, but even with that, it's pretty decent lol.

I can see it having more misunderstandings throughout this season though, which can a bit tiring when it's done for the millionth time, but other that, pretty alright episode.

Its gonna be way shorter than standard season and they were supposed to up the quality. having a fillerish ep in ep 4 after a week break in a 12 episode cour is pretty eh.
Jul 23, 2021 8:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Once again Megumi misunderstood the situation xD and good thing that Danji isn't leaving
Mar 17, 2023 8:33 AM
Jun 2021
i'm dropping it........1. boring as f**k
2. no explanation how the game works
3. MC is gay as f**k
4. no strategy in gameplay
score : 3/10 ...........cause Animation was good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 7 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 21, 2021

8 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 6 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 14, 2021

9 by GodBeelze »»
Dec 17, 2022 7:23 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 12 Discussion

SheyCroix - Jun 25, 2021

12 by P2PSelfPuppet »»
Sep 10, 2022 4:47 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 5 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 7, 2021

13 by MrNegr0 »»
Mar 30, 2022 11:56 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Episode 8 Discussion

SheyCroix - May 28, 2021

6 by Ashhk »»
Jul 24, 2021 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.