Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hooray...another competition: the Forest Cup in Tsurigasaki (which is a legit place in Japan). Back to more excitement...well I'd guess a lil' bit. My commentary discussion is as monotone as Ohashi, and thought that they'd spread this out at least 2 episodes, but heck care the pacing because it's an one-and-done deal.

The usual surfing bishounens now have a new rival: hailing from Miyazaki, the red-haired Fuke Rindo (while painting an overcast shadow of the deceased Sho in Masaki's mind). His exceptional champion skills are of no surprise during the heats, which in turn increases the pressure to deliver as the stakes go up. There will definitely be winners and losers from all the various exchanges.

At this point, Rindo may as well be regarded as the reigning surfing king, the skills to prove with excellence. I'd say a good effort from everyone...though I'd lament Masaki not being more assertive enough. Time to wipe that smile away from your face and work doubly as hard, boy. Give it all you've got.
KANLen09Mar 8, 2021 9:23 PM
Mar 8, 2021 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
Glad someone didnt get depressed this episode. Also Fuke went really went alpha in that barrel mode wouldve liked to see upset however
Mar 8, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
As usual, Masaki didn't get very far.

I don't like that Fuke guy. He's very ignorant, and full of himself.

Mar 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Oct 2009
I think the pacing in this episode was even worse than in the previous ones, simply because they did try to squeeze the entire competition into ~20 minutes. And that is a lot when there are... what, six boys now to watch (where is my Nalu???). Why do we even have this big unknown Fuke character, who barely made a few "teaser" appearances so far, at this point anyway? Especially with Billy over there actually being - well, surprisingly not good at all to say the least, for someone so distinct and the one organising the events. On a sidenote: the commentator guy sounded really bored and flat; but kudos to the animators for delivering a really detailed and diverse "mob" for audience. I don't think we've seen the same background character twice, which I'd say is quite unusual.
Mar 8, 2021 5:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, a little competition won't be too hard to get when you just easily know whats goin on in the end. As always, Masaki got too much attention here, even though his skill just not so great. I don't even know whats the point of these episode rather just to showed that world champion guy whose did a rodeo flip in the final end. Its too much for mocking his rookie rivals. Lol. But, his last speech surprisingly good. Guess he just good to charm the peoples around him, even though his overall behaviour kinda bad for me. Ah, whatever. As i said before, a little competition won't be too hard to get when you just easily know whats goin on in the end. Masaki lost, and he knew his admiration won't be easily down as soon as he realized the substitute already in front of him. Then, as always, the dogs scene easily attract my attention rather than their surfing, really. Kek.

Next episode, please!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 8, 2021 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
ooh this tournament was pretty nice, quite fast paced but that wasn't too bad. sad that mc dude lost but damn that red haired guy was op af.
Mar 9, 2021 4:27 AM

Aug 2014
lol the other commentator sounds unenthusiastic
Mar 9, 2021 7:43 AM
Nov 2020
About to drop this anime it’s j not keeping me interested
Mar 9, 2021 10:30 PM

Dec 2016
This was better than the previous episodes.

In the first round they played a song in the background but when it was the mc's turn they went back to the alien music -_-

That commentator sounds like he's super bored XD

That moment when Kousuke started doing push-ups all of a sudden gave me the cringe. It would be understandable if it was Masaki...
Mar 10, 2021 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
Renrane said:
lol the other commentator sounds unenthusiastic

that is practically the same as the mid aged woman commentator in 40's for Uma Musume...

Mar 15, 2021 2:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A tournament... that guy Fuke can really be compared to Sho hmm, too bad that Masaki didn't win but it's not really surprising
May 2, 2021 6:52 PM

Mar 2016
Well, the forest competition thingy done.

Keep improving!

May 6, 2021 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
Not sure what to think of Fuke, he certainly has some skill but the way he interacted with Corgi really made him seem like a douche. Suprised by Kosuke suddenly doing pushups and being hyper after the competition, doesn't seem something he would do but Corgi instead.

Feb 19, 2023 12:20 PM

Sep 2016
It was a little funny when the announcer said He was powered by dried sweet potatoes XD
Jul 8, 9:54 AM
Nov 2017
One of the commentators sounded like he was dead, his comments were that boring lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 22, 2021

16 by Unkrowned »»
May 6, 2021 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.