Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2021 6:24 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Starting off with such beautiful singing as we ended the last time, I could listen to this for hours honestly, it really is a great voice. There is always good music each and every episode.

Rei is supppeerr cuuute.
Quite an inventive game and the controller, lol. Would love to know how that actually works.
Rinku is so nice, sharing her food like that.

The battle was pretty great too, both songs were killer, and I'll more than likely go back and re play them for the rest of the day honestly. Another great episode.
Jan 8, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2019
So Rei came up with lyrics for the song, made the melody for it and sung it. She certainly played a huge part in this song's creation. Exactly what Happy Around needed to be able to qualify. I knew they could beat the "cool and stylish" Photon Maiden for sure. It was really damn close, intense! Don't get me wrong, Photon Maiden's performance was still mesmerizing. Visuals, songs and outifts. All exactly how I expected them to be. Didn't fail to impress me. I think I might've even liked Photon Maiden's song more. But that's just my preference.

Now, to wait another whole week..

Jan 8, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 10 is out!

Rei's new song creation vs. Photon Maiden's new song. This'll be an interesting one for the last spot of the Sunset Stage!

Being someone who doesn't want to be in the limelight, Rei has to step out of her comfort zone to lead HappyAra this time. JUST THIS ONE TIME.

Pekota, with smol Rinku and Muni...and insert Ring Rinku's Fit Adventure!

Momma Raychell leading the way for Photon Maiden's identity of being cool and stylish, awaiting that new song concoction.

As usual, Rinku's coincidential meet with Towa, it's just the same as Peaky's Kyoko.

Time for the showdown: Photon Maiden's cool and stylish song vs. Happy Around's melancholic song feat. Rei. Both great songs, and to move the plot forward, the win goes to HappyAra (Photon Maiden, you girls did a fantastic job, would've chosen your song as the better of the 2).
Jan 8, 2021 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
yes!!! they made it, damn this episode was so good and that performance was beautiful
Jan 8, 2021 6:31 AM

Mar 2019
great episode and with a deserved winner (but I am pretty sure there were more blue and somehow it switched to orange...). But Happy Around's song was definitely better imo.
Rei's voice is simply next level.

Ringfit. Even they play it.

I guess that lose is a big shock for PM and all their stuff...losing as a whole company against four friends is something you cannot effort...looks like they will have a change for the next episode
Jan 8, 2021 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
Rei, you can do it!!! Your song is great.

The competition result is expected, congratulations!!!. I hope Happy Around will perform even better at the Sunset stage.

Photon Maiden's performance is a really good one, their song is totally matches their image. I like their outfit. I really want Photon Maiden to perform at the Sunset stage as well, they are one of the main group and deserves the position.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 8, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
Bushi (or just the creators of the anime) adore Photon Maiden so much that I'm even a little surprised that our girls won. I will not talk about whether it was deserved or not, as I am very biased because of my love for more fun and active songs, but it seems that the Maiden were surprised even more than us lol.
Jan 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Sep 2019
Wow, Saki is beautiful. It looks like she has some problems. I’m guessing she wants make beats that she likes, not just cool and stylish. I hope she can open up to her friends. Both performances were great, I liked Photon Maiden’s more though.
Jan 8, 2021 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
Non-chan should have more role in the future.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 8, 2021 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
YEEEEEEEEEEES Happy Around won! Photon Maiden are cool but Happy Around is clearly better, but both songs were good anyway, really nice episode
Jan 8, 2021 9:05 AM
May 2019
Fantastic episode. Glad that Photon Maiden showed up in the last episode because they’re great. Both groups put on excellent performances. The songs were awesome! That stuff with Rinku training at Muni’s place with (not) Ring Fit Adventure were fun. Excited to see more of Photon Maiden next week.
Jan 8, 2021 10:15 AM

Apr 2020
Another great D4DJ episode, with this episode tying EP 7 as my favorite. We see Rei working on the song herself as Happy Ara supports her along the way. While Photon Maiden is wrapping up their song smoothly for the battle.

We get to both of the performances, and DEAR LORD both songs are GREAT. Photon Maiden with that DROP, really mesmerizing. While Happy Ara having a melancholic yet upbeat melody is a sweet song to dance. Honestly I would prefer either the Photons or our Ara girls to win but I guess Rinku and the gang managed to win over a label-backed group.

I will say this. We need the DEMO version of Rei's song, cause it's undoubtedly better than the LIVE version. Oh her angelic voice won them the prize to the Sunset Stage. But before we get that, I guess we're going to focus on Photon Maiden for a bit.
Jan 8, 2021 10:24 AM

Sep 2009
Im like Photron Maiden more than Hweppy Around (still my favourits are Rondo). But the win was well deserved. While Photon Maiden just made another decent song in "trheir style", Happy Around this time chose sometrhing different and still made it work.
Jan 8, 2021 11:40 AM
Jul 2016
Never in a million years would I imagine Pachebel's Canon in D slammed into a Japanese Anime's JPop song about DJ girls. Amazing.
Jan 8, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2018
Wlep, Happy Around wins this round.
Jan 8, 2021 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode! Both songs were great but HapiAra is the one that took the victory in the end, I'm worried for the Photon Maiden girls since they really seem to be struggling with how things are handled (which is a stark contrast to what we saw in this episode with HapiAra, completely in to switch to a different style to fit better Rei's song).

Preview of next episode showed lots of Saki so I can't wait for the interactions to come, they are all such lovely characters.
Jan 8, 2021 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
Rei is super adorable and the way she reacted when Rinku walked into the music room was just too cute!!

Both performances were great, personally liked Happy Around better but I was maybe hoping that they would both still go to the festival, but in the end Happy Around won.

Seems we gonna get some focus on Photon Maiden, nice to see the other groups also getting some attention!
Jan 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Oct 2007
Rei singing seems to be the decisive factor on their win. Congrats to Happy Around. :)
Jan 9, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2020
For me this was a difficult choice, since my favorite style in music is electro I thought that Photon Maiden was the group I would root for, and while ended I like them a lot, the song from Happy Around was better and I tell you why.

The song from Photon Maiden is good but is a song that is more relaxing, I imagine myself listening to similar songs while I'm doing work or something like that, in the other hand the Happy Around song is more melancholy but at the same time more, what is called "festival friendly", I get more hyped with them instead of Photon Maiden.

Is like do an versus between Deadmau5 and Avicii, you can have your favorite but at the end of the day the Avicii's songs are more festival friendly than Deadmau5's songs and that's why Avicii is more well know around the world than Deadmau5.
Jan 9, 2021 2:41 AM

Feb 2016
What can I say, it's amazing to me how they manage to surpass themselves in every damn episode! I'm ready to say this is the best music anime of all time!

The new songs from both groups are so, so beautiful! But I do prefer Happy's song more. Having a battle between groups was a really good change of pace!
Rei managed to beat an entire legit idol unit almost by herself XD And I found it hilarious how at the end of such beautiful song Maho began to hit the airn horn sound and they began to sing Muni's song lmaooo!

Man I'm so glad HA! won, I really got exited and anxious to know who the winner was, at first there clearly where more girls with the PM color so it really was a surprise to me, specially know that most of the popular music animes always have their main band/group going throught a crisis at the end of their 1st season because they lose in a competition or anything like that.

StallionXDJan 9, 2021 2:44 AM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jan 9, 2021 6:02 AM

Dec 2018
With my princess Rei taking the lead my girls won

So glad to see my lesbian angel shine,,,YEEEEEEEES

Rinku have a good taste and have chosen her wife wisely

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 8, 2021 2:09 PM
Jan 9, 2021 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
This anime deserves way more people watching it, I find the beginning kinda slow and forced (first 3-4 eps) but once it gets going it’s really good stuff.

Hoping it gets a sequel.
Jan 9, 2021 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
KYAAAHHH! Shizaki Kanon's singing performance was so great!
Happy Around beats Photon Maiden! i wonder if it's a close fight or a big margin?
5/5.

Jan 9, 2021 9:04 PM

Aug 2017
so Towa says outright she'd like to do songs like HA's, and Saki gives the impression she's not that big on PM's song style/image. tbh don't really feel bad for them though. maybe they didn't know what kind of unit PM was gonna be before auditioning but they still signed up for it. I'm sure they knew they wouldn't have control over their unit like other girls do.

personally not a fan of PM's music anyway. they sound like what I'd expect a corporation to make a unit sound like. I'm not really into this music genre anyway so I may be wrong but to me it sounds really generic, like exactly what I'd expect most artists at an EDM festival to sound like. or at least what people like me that aren't into the genre would think of if you asked them to describe it. not that that's a bad thing but...

well hopefully PM will be able to gain some autonomy going forward, though their producer's attitude makes me think that's unlikely. really shows the difference between HA and P-key being made because the members want to make music they like even if it goes out of their usual style, and PM being formed to be a product with a set image.
Jan 10, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2017
Photon Maidem vs Happy Ara and as expected Happy Ara won the showdown. Thou their song really was better than Photon Maidens. Photon Maidens' song was pretty cool but Happy Ara's song was really great, Rei chan as the singer was amazing.
Jan 12, 2021 11:59 AM
Nov 2020
It was obvious that it wasn't going to be a fair competition, man the photo maiden girls have a studio to train the dance and a producer how was it going to be fair? Anyway, it's good that they chose Rei's music because if I don't know how they were going to win
Jan 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Apr 2020
KennyL33T said:
Never in a million years would I imagine Pachebel's Canon in D slammed into a Japanese Anime's JPop song about DJ girls. Amazing.
Was it the instrumental of Rei's song orrr?
TiagoCosta said:
This anime deserves way more people watching it, I find the beginning kinda slow and forced (first 3-4 eps) but once it gets going it’s really good stuff.

Hoping it gets a sequel.
Yep! Def the hidden game of this season...
Ellenwitch said:
Quite an inventive game and the controller, lol. Would love to know how that actually works.
ConnorDawg dropped a yt video 2 days ago playing that trying to lose weight lol

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jan 16, 2021 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
TiagoCosta said:

Hoping it gets a sequel.

Tbh, the rating has already went up by a whole point. I saw D4DJ with a 6/10 rating before. Now it’s a 7/10. So fans have a better impression of the show now.

Rei’s voice is pleasant to listen to. It’s deep and mature. She sounds like Nana Mizuki.
I prefer listening to it rather than Rinku’s voice. Although Rinku’s high pitched voice suits her cheerful, bubbly, and energetic self. I hope they do more covers with Reí.
Jan 16, 2021 3:04 PM

Apr 2010
Luchia said:
TiagoCosta said:

Hoping it gets a sequel.

Tbh, the rating has already went up by a whole point. I saw D4DJ with a 6/10 rating before. Now it’s a 7/10. So fans have a better impression of the show now.

Rei’s voice is pleasant to listen to. It’s deep and mature. She sounds like Nana Mizuki.
I prefer listening to it rather than Rinku’s voice. Although Rinku’s high pitched voice suits her cheerful, bubbly, and energetic self. I hope they do more covers with Reí.

I wasn't talking about rating, I'd rate it like 7/10 myself overall. I was talking about how few are watching it, still less 10k have it on the list, with just about 5k watching.
Jan 16, 2021 9:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, what kind of stupidity of me that forgetting this one. Maybe a bunch of ddos from this massive seasonal season show really distorting my watching list. Then, i am forgetting two episodes already. What a dumb xd.

Anyway, yeah, that's a bang performance you got there, girls! Rin surely found a gem over Rei solo singing, and its not a joke. Gladly, everyone gave a chance, and yeah, its result better than i expect. Rei voices surely maginificent. Thanks to her seiyuus afterall, and such a soothing experience for me at the end of the episode.

I wonder what happened to Photon Maiden after those lost. I hope the Producer still gave them a chance to be better. Because its not their mistake, their performance was nice too. It was purely an unfortunate situations over the audiences taste and like that judge a slight changed at Happy Around performance in a positive views. They accepted it, they voted for it. And, yeah, congratulations, Happy Around, and see you again at the last event! I hope its get better there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 16, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
TiagoCosta said:
Luchia said:

I wasn't talking about rating, I'd rate it like 7/10 myself overall. I was talking about how few are watching it, still less 10k have it on the list, with just about 5k watching.

There’s still more people watching D4DJ than people watching Shining Star, and Kiratto Pri chan 3 combined. There’s still people posting in the forums here. Statistically speaking a lot of the popular shows have sequels coming out. The fans are watching those right now. Too much competition rn.
Jan 24, 2021 11:24 PM

Aug 2018
GREAT CHAPTER!!!
The songs of both groups were GREAT!!!!
Feb 13, 2021 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
Loved both group's performances, but Happy Ara's new song was absolutely phenomenal. Rei's voice is so boldly soothing that I got teary eyed. The CGI also works great for this kind of show as the characters are so expressive and their passion gets through with subtle things like how Rinku's smile changes a few times during Rei's solo.
Feb 18, 2021 3:43 AM
Jan 2020
This was such a beautiful episode, I loved it. The hype was unreal. Photon Maiden vs Happy Around, both the original songs were awesome. The song made by Photon Maiden had more trap into it and Happy Around had more of an emo-pop vibe to it. Both the songs were amazing but in the end we all know who got selected, obviously.
Feb 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
i think photo maiden will win but i wrong ..
tbh i prefer this than LL and bang dream origin anime
Apr 10, 2021 6:18 AM

Feb 2020
Two great performances, but I think Happy Around! was better. I'm so glad they won. :3

Congratulations, girls!

SerafosDec 28, 2023 2:21 AM
Aug 18, 2021 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, Happy Around won. Who could have seen that dramatic plot twist coming? /s

Also, what an immensely stupid voting system that was to decide it. Like they can count arms in the air that easily in a dark room and properly count the wristbands when the girl on stage needed fucking binoculars to see. Why not just have them vote on an app or something, instead of this absolute nonsense?
Dec 17, 2021 9:49 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was probably my favorite, both performances were absolutely stunning!!! Personally, I liked photon maiden's song better (even though I like the happy around girls).

I am not gonna lie I originally did not watch this anime when it first dropped since it was CGI, but honestly (the CGI is hella good) and the story is just absolutely amazing. Every episode I have so much fun!! :)
Mar 3, 2023 7:47 AM
Apr 2018
Rei's voice.. Onstapablle. Best song! 1!1!
Jul 22, 2023 5:08 AM
May 2022
LETS GOOOOOO HAPPY AROUND !!!!
Sep 7, 2023 2:57 AM
Apr 2020
NeoAnkara said:
Non-chan should have more role in the future.

Quote that preceded the unfortunate event.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 5 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Nov 27, 2020

25 by IzunaHotaru »»
Aug 9, 11:39 PM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NeoAnkara - Oct 22, 2020

81 by IzunaHotaru »»
Aug 9, 11:37 PM

Poll: » favorite member of Happy Around so far

NG_Chloe - Dec 5, 2020

13 by IzunaHotaru »»
Aug 9, 11:32 PM

» psa: now available on Youtube for a limited time!

DreamingBeats - May 26

2 by awhole7dollars »»
May 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 12 Discussion

yvsei - Jan 22, 2021

47 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 10, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.