Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2019 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
I'm waiting for the manga to be complete so I can finally marathon it, but it looks like that probably won't happen for years at this rate. What's going on?
Dec 28, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 2019
There's a new chapter around every 2 to 3 months. This way we can see the consistency in the art of the manga without put the mangaka in a lot of stress i guess. But Besides, if i remember correctly the author is involved in a pedophile scandal, so i dont know if he is arrested or something..
Dec 28, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
Kbenicio said:
There's a new chapter around every 2 to 3 months. This way we can see the consistency in the art of the manga without put the mangaka in a lot of stress i guess. But Besides, if i remember correctly the author is involved in a pedophile scandal, so i dont know if he is arrested or something..

holy fuck i did not know that, goddamn
Dec 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Kbenicio said:

lol it coincides with how young looking the characters of this show
Dec 28, 2019 2:16 PM

Mar 2014
deg said:
Kbenicio said:

i know the situation + victims is a much bigger deal, but this is such a shame, is this series a goner then?
Dec 28, 2019 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
iiKrina said:
deg said:

i know the situation + victims is a much bigger deal, but this is such a shame, is this series a goner then?

i do not know sorry i just happen to read this thread lol

but Samurai X/Ruruoni Kenshin author was also criminally charged of pedophilia in the past but now he is back to working on manga again and it did not take that long from the looks of it
Dec 29, 2019 8:21 AM
Aug 2018
Release of the new movie I guess.
Dec 29, 2019 10:20 AM
Oct 2015
Kbenicio said:
if i remember correctly the author is involved in a pedophile scandal, so i dont know if he is arrested or something..

Got a source for that?
Dec 31, 2019 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
iiKrina said:
deg said:

Well if the author is gone, this series will be gone as well right? I guess I'll continue it.
Jan 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Jan 2015
Kbenicio said:

Source please...
Jan 1, 2020 3:34 AM

Oct 2015
Kbenicio said:
if i remember correctly the author is involved in a pedophile scandal, so i dont know if he is arrested or something..

My google-fu doesn't show up anything. Where did you hear of it? Citation needed.
Jan 5, 2020 8:11 PM
May 2016
The author regularly tweets and keeps making promotional content and expanding the MiA brand so he is definitely not arrested or in an hiatus, also I can't find any scandal info, maybe Kbenicio is getting confused with the Rurouni Kenshin author or maybe he got tricked by someone trying to defame Akihito Tsukushi.
Jan 6, 2020 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
DeusSolaris said:
The author regularly tweets and keeps making promotional content and expanding the MiA brand so he is definitely not arrested or in an hiatus, also I can't find any scandal info, maybe Kbenicio is getting confused with the Rurouni Kenshin author or maybe he got tricked by someone trying to defame Akihito Tsukushi.

Then why have there been no new chapters in so long? :<
Jan 6, 2020 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
Kbenicio said:

If this is true I am not surprise, I always felt uncomfortable watching that series, still haven't even finish it because it didn't interest all that much especially with the loli character design.

But this could be fake as no one has found any proof of what you claim, so imo he is innocent until proven guilty.
Jan 7, 2020 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Kbenicio said:

You're gonna need to provide a source for that boy.

But to be fair, Made in Abyss has always been pretty disturbing with the loli/shota jokes.
Jan 7, 2020 12:45 AM

Dec 2014
it was a waste so much details from the level and depth have been skipped
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 19, 2020 8:16 AM

Mar 2017
Kbenicio said:
ut Besides, if i remember correctly the author is involved in a pedophile scandal, so i dont know if he is arrested or something..

this is really shocking... but I guess that explains why most of the characters are shotas and lolis....

But I can't find anything when I tried searching, and he's been tweeting/retweeting continuously on his twitter acc.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 19, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2011
Kbenicio said:

Source??
Is not, the chapters realeases are just slow, becouse this is not a cheap shounen manga
Jan 19, 2020 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
Dort said:
Kbenicio said:

Source??
Is not, the chapters realeases are just slow, becouse this is not a cheap shounen manga

Jan 19, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2017
iiKrina said:
Kbenicio said:

it wasn't a legal scandal, there was just some drama in the anime community when made in abyss came out because of how the young main characters had a few scenes where they were naked, and he was accused of being a pedo for it.
Jan 20, 2020 5:04 AM

Sep 2017
The manga goes on a soft hiatus whenever a MiA anime project is in development, since the artist works directly with the animation studio. This made for the greatest delay between chapters ever back when Season 1 was made, and then again now with the movie.
Apr 1, 2020 9:21 AM
Jun 2016
carseatheadrest said:
iiKrina said:

it wasn't a legal scandal, there was just some drama in the anime community when made in abyss came out because of how the young main characters had a few scenes where they were naked, and he was accused of being a pedo for it.

THIS! 😂 I knew something like this would've happened and is the most likely case... People just love to sensationalize stuff, huh?! 😑
Jan 5, 2021 8:41 PM
Dec 2019
TheAcefromFuture said:
carseatheadrest said:

THIS! 😂 I knew something like this would've happened and is the most likely case... People just love to sensationalize stuff, huh?! 😑

80% of the posts in this thread are "OMG what a shock. I couldn't find any evidence but this random forum post really makes you think there could be something to it." And one of the most commented threads here is some guy saying he can't read this series because he thinks the author is a pedo.
Mar 28, 2021 8:02 PM
Mar 2021
daplin said:
Kbenicio said:

Got a source for that?
He doesn't, nor does anyone else. Some "people" are buttblasted by the manga daring to show things they don't like, so they lie. Sad, really.
Apr 1, 2021 4:24 AM

Mar 2018
Kbenicio said:

And I am seriously not surprised that he turned out to be a peadophile. I have never read the manga, only read about some of the content that thankfully did not make it into the anime that was downright disturbing. I adore Made in Abyss because it is really great storytelling but I always felt uneasy about it because I had a feeling that the author was not only simply fucked up in a sense that was still okay with society. So many things pointed straight to some seriously fucked up sexual preferences. I really, really want to know the secret of the Abyss and what is going on in the lower layers...damn it.
Apr 1, 2021 4:31 AM
Jul 2019
huntress1013 said:
Kbenicio said:

And I am seriously not surprised that he turned out to be a peadophile. I have never read the manga, only read about some of the content that thankfully did not make it into the anime that was downright disturbing. I adore Made in Abyss because it is really great storytelling but I always felt uneasy about it because I had a feeling that the author was not only simply fucked up in a sense that was still okay with society. So many things pointed straight to some seriously fucked up sexual preferences. I really, really want to know the secret of the Abyss and what is going on in the lower layers...damn it.

Hey, a new ch was released this sunday. I didnt read it yet but it's probably the end of hollow's vilage arc :)
Apr 9, 2021 2:05 AM
Apr 2021
I made an account to comment on this because I find it quite disgusting how one person has managed to spread about such information. There was no pedophile scandal, and he was not arrested. There is absolutely no proof or evidence of him being a pedophile, it’s simply something that someone made up because they dislike his manga. The story this accusations were based on, was with the Manga/Artist of Rurouni Kenshin who was arrested for owning CP of children under 15. Not the author of Made in abyss - He hadn’t updated in so long because, THE TRUTH, is that he is directly involved in the art of the anime, so when the movie was produced and now the second season is in production, he’s busy with that instead of the manga. Please, do not spread misinformation with absolutely no sources whatsoever, it can be incredibly harmful towards the authors of atleast some of our favourite manga/anime, you are welcome to dislike the manga/anime and have your own opinions about it but do not lie and spread false rumours.
Apr 9, 2021 2:09 AM
Apr 2021
huntress1013 said:
Kbenicio said:

And I am seriously not surprised that he turned out to be a peadophile. I have never read the manga, only read about some of the content that thankfully did not make it into the anime that was downright disturbing. I adore Made in Abyss because it is really great storytelling but I always felt uneasy about it because I had a feeling that
the author was not only simply fucked up in a sense that was still okay with society. So many things pointed straight to some seriously fucked up sexual preferences. I really, really want to know the secret of the Abyss and what is going on in the lower layers...damn it.

So dude, just actually read into it before you say “I’m not surprised he turned out to be a pedophile” he turned out to be entirely innocent and it’s just people trying to start horseshit drama yet again.
Apr 9, 2021 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
SnowBlizzardGr said:
I made an account to comment on this because I find it quite disgusting how one person has managed to spread about such information. There was no pedophile scandal, and he was not arrested. There is absolutely no proof or evidence of him being a pedophile, it’s simply something that someone made up because they dislike his manga. The story this accusations were based on, was with the Manga/Artist of Rurouni Kenshin who was arrested for owning CP of children under 15. Not the author of Made in abyss - He hadn’t updated in so long because, THE TRUTH, is that he is directly involved in the art of the anime, so when the movie was produced and now the second season is in production, he’s busy with that instead of the manga. Please, do not spread misinformation with absolutely no sources whatsoever, it can be incredibly harmful towards the authors of atleast some of our favourite manga/anime, you are welcome to dislike the manga/anime and have your own opinions about it but do not lie and spread false rumours.

people with a prejudice will believe whatever info they see confirming it even if the source is laughably bad
Apr 12, 2021 3:25 AM
Jul 2020
Kbenicio said:

Then again, source or it's hoax.
Also, i find it amusing that there is actually a dude in this forum that straight up believed he's pedo without evidence lol
Apr 17, 2021 3:17 PM

Apr 2018
SnowBlizzardGr said:

Thank you for making it clear!
Apr 19, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2019
huntress1013 said:
Kbenicio said:

And I am seriously not surprised that huntress1013 turned out to be a pedo as well. What's that? You want evidence? Well we have enough already to condemn you. I, a random person in a forum have stated that you were guilty. Its the same amount of proof you had when condemning the author of this manga. So you should have no problem with it RIGHT?
xMutinyxApr 19, 2021 3:40 PM
Wow, Really? That's Amazingly Stupid! Too bad you've been ignored, I might have actually read that and laughed at you again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 69 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

25 by topfloorboss45 »»
Oct 18, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 68 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

6 by nanajp »»
Oct 16, 3:49 PM

» When is the manga likely to end

loafing_loafer - Sep 22

6 by ZachyMoof »»
Oct 4, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

34 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 27, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 61 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 19, 2021

29 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.