Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2021 1:35 AM
Apr 2018
According to a few people who ive spoke to who managed to watch the preview at UG Shibuya Fes, the first episode adapts the first 3 Days.

SPOILERS FOR THE GAME/ANIME

Week 1
(Day 1: Neku/Shiki 104 Mission)
(Day 2: Hachiko Mission)
(Day 3: 777 A-East Concert Mission)

I know the first few days are fairly short and they can cut all of the back and fourth running around and imprinting using the memes. But I feel like 3 days is too much for one episode. I was expecting episode 1 to only adapt 2 Days. They probably did this to help hook anime onlies into the story easier and considering episode 2 is called 'Shiki' im fully expecting them to slow down a bit. But this means that they will almost certainly have a run time of 12-13 episodes. My guess is,

3x Episodes for each week and 3 extra for A New Day Scenario
4x Episodes for each week and A New Day doesnt get adapted or it gets a single 13th episode.

What ya'll think?
Mar 20, 2021 6:32 PM
Apr 2017
TG-Golem said:
According to a few people who ive spoke to who managed to watch the preview at UG Shibuya Fes, the first episode adapts the first 3 Days.

Week 1

I know the first few days are fairly short and they can cut all of the back and fourth running around and imprinting using the memes. But I feel like 3 days is too much for one episode. I was expecting episode 1 to only adapt 2 Days. They probably did this to help hook anime onlies into the story easier and considering episode 2 is called 'Shiki' im fully expecting them to slow down a bit. But this means that they will almost certainly have a run time of 12-13 episodes. My guess is,

4x Episodes for each week and A New Day doesnt get adapted or it gets a single 13th episode.

What ya'll think?

We gonna need to wait for the second episode to see how going to be. The first three days of the games are very slow due the tutorials.
But if you cut everything about the Futoshi needing to fix the lights , removing the curse from the other statue and the fact that Hanekoma is flashback twice during day 3.. They actually adapted everything in a decent pace. Neku , Shiki and Beat had their personality showed well imo. They turned down Neku's angsty a bit too.

I gonna start to be worried about the pacing if Episode 2 skip over Shiki having a friends, her dreams , Neku starting to understand and respecting Shiki. Those moments are kinda crucial to Day 6 and Day 7. I HOPE they don't adapt Day 4 and day 6 in one episode.. Day 6 needs entire episode along day 7.
AkuseruVIIIMar 20, 2021 6:48 PM
Mar 23, 2021 1:14 AM

Oct 2014
TG-Golem said:

Week 1

What ya'll think?

As someone who watched the premiere, the first watch definitely felt rushed and odd considering the changes they made. But I watched it again and I felt that it was better the second time. I get why they did it too, considering Week 1 doesn't have a whole lot going on, but like what @AkuseruVIII said, if they skip Shiki's key moments, that's when things get shaky. Putting a spoiler tag regarding Shiki's characteristics in the anime just in case you don't want to know

That being said I feel like this is going to be a 12-13 episode anime and they'll probably cover 3 eps for each week like you mentioned.
Mar 24, 2021 3:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
@TG-Golem consider using a spoiler tag.
[spoiler="spoiler button name"]type the spoiler here[/spoiler]

Also, you've seen the world premiere, right? Why didn't you start the Episode 1 Discussion thread?

I haven't been able to watch the world premiere, so I can't really say whether the pacing was done well or not. But I did hear about what OP stated a while ago as well, and I did actually see that small preview they released of the first episode all those months ago. I wasn't surprised that Neku's character would be toned down (a bit of a letdown but I can understand why that kind of change was done), but I was not happy with one certain thing in it... not gonna point it out for obvious reasons, but if you played the game, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about... so I guess I should have expected crazy big changes like that to happen.

I guess all I can really do is wait for April before giving further thoughts.

I just hope to God that they DON'T adapt A New Day.

PsychoSpark90 said:
if they skip Shiki's key moments, that's when things get shaky. Putting a spoiler tag regarding Shiki's characteristics in the anime just in case you don't want to know

That being said I feel like this is going to be a 12-13 episode anime and they'll probably cover 3 eps for each week like you mentioned.
Now this is the kind of stuff I was worried about happening. This is just another Ace Attorney disaster waiting to happen, isn't it... :(
Mar 24, 2021 9:23 PM
Dec 2017
Yeah i am worried about the pacing as i don't wanna see like multiple days crammed into just one or 2 episodes in it and rush the story like how the manga was rushed.

Mar 25, 2021 5:16 PM
Apr 2017
Fario-P said:

Also, you've seen the world premiere, right? Why didn't you start the Episode 1 Discussion thread?

I haven't been able to watch the world premiere, so I can't really say whether the pacing was done well or not. But I did hear about what OP stated a while ago as well, and I did actually see that small preview they released of the first episode all those months ago. I wasn't surprised that Neku's character would be toned down (a bit of a letdown but I can understand why that kind of change was done), but I was not happy with one certain thing in it... not gonna point it out for obvious reasons, but if you played the game, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about... so I guess I should have expected crazy big changes like that to happen.

PsychoSpark90 said:
if they skip Shiki's key moments, that's when things get shaky. Putting a spoiler tag regarding Shiki's characteristics in the anime just in case you don't want to know

Now this is the kind of stuff I was worried about happening. This is just another Ace Attorney disaster waiting to happen, isn't it... :(

Do you a certain character becoming Reaper?
Mar 25, 2021 5:45 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
AkuseruVIII said:
Fario-P said:
I wasn't surprised that Neku's character would be toned down (a bit of a letdown but I can understand why that kind of change was done), but I was not happy with one certain thing in it... not gonna point it out for obvious reasons, but if you played the game, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about... so I guess I should have expected crazy big changes like that to happen.

Do you [mean] a certain character becoming Reaper?
No, that is not what I am referring to. That doesn't even happen in the trailer I was talking about anyway.
Mar 26, 2021 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
Fario-P said:

Unfortunately for you, that is what's likely to happen. Nomura's works always have the "final mix" as the canon version, and plot points from A New Day will come into play in the sequel, as we've seen before.

And keep in mind this has been planned since 2012, as the metadata for the logo used on the Neo website dates it all the way back to 2012.

Anyway, I watched the episode. I was a bit put off by a few things, but I really liked what I saw so far.

Mar 29, 2021 9:48 AM
Dec 2020
Im honestly way more worried about them making the story, characters feel "kiddy".

Hope that aint the case!
Apr 4, 2021 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
There's no way things wont be rushed

regcommends said:
Im honestly way more worried about them making the story, characters feel "kiddy".

Hope that aint the case!
Bit of an odd worry id say given that the game itself is already pretty young teen/kid friendly. The game very easily could of been marked down to being E 10 if you just remove a few swear words since the way death is portrayed in the game is really tame with the erasure stuff.
JizzyHitlerApr 4, 2021 8:12 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 10, 2021 9:06 AM
Jul 2015
Fario-P said:

PsychoSpark90 said:

No way. Unlike the ace attorney anime,the art and animation is true to the game and even improves on it. The music is also taken from the game unlike Ace Attorney.

Apr 10, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2016
AkuseruVIII said:
if you cut everything about the Futoshi needing to fix the lights , removing the curse from the other statue and the fact that Hanekoma is flashback twice during day 3.. They actually adapted everything in a decent pace.

But Hanekoma is really important.
その目だれの目?
Apr 12, 2021 9:57 PM
May 2020
TG-Golem said:

Week 1

What ya'll think?

The first days in the game were pretty short anyway, so as it goes on each day will probably last longer. What I'm more interested in is the pacing of Neku's character development. I don't remember apologising for what he was about to do for Shiki during the game, so it was a bit surprising when he came around to doing it twice in the episode. I think the animation should be loyal to the game and keep him more antisocial for the first couple of episodes.

Then again, 'that event' will probably happen in the next episode, which is where Neku got a chance to really show his reclusive philosophy in the game.
Apr 12, 2021 10:00 PM
May 2020
Lucifrost said:
AkuseruVIII said:
if you cut everything about the Futoshi needing to fix the lights , removing the curse from the other statue and the fact that Hanekoma is flashback twice during day 3.. They actually adapted everything in a decent pace.

But Hanekoma is really important.

Yeah, especially with how he's meant to be introduced. That first encounter is meant to be super important to Neku's character growth, but in the episode I don't think they even spoke.
Apr 12, 2021 10:03 PM
May 2020
Fario-P said:

PsychoSpark90 said:

I wouldn't mind if they included A New Day. I'm wondering if this anime will actually include any hints or references that'll relate to Neo twewy (the game will release around when the anime ends, after all)
Apr 12, 2021 10:04 PM
May 2020
Neku didn't get anything similar to that depthful characterising monologue he has at the start of the game
Apr 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2011
So realistically how can they do a new day in 12 episodes? Lets be real, this exists almost exclusively to advertise the 2nd game and that by extensions means they need all the set up a new day has.

Is it even possible to do it in only an episode or are we really gonna need to cut in fairly significantly into the main plot and basically make it the finale?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Oct 2012
i thought it was going a lil fast but i realized well it has to be if its a 12 ep anime and the game was 3 weeks ;)
Apr 19, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2010
A friend of mine just told me this is a reboot of the game.
I thought it was a safe faithful adaptation.

Who's right?
Oct 18, 2021 10:28 PM
Dec 2017
our worries were sadly right all along.

More topics from this board

Poll: » CALLING

removed-user - Jul 3, 2020

22 by Rage_Beat06 »»
May 15, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2021

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 28, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

29 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

34 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2021

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 28, 2022 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.