Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2021 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even a new life in Shonan, the enthusiasm of surfing doesn't stop for Masaki. Tadao's a true Shonan board-shaping citizen, and Masaki's bulldog SG Hammer gets all the attention. Time to learn something else rather than chase big waves from former baseball player Kousuke and Yuuta.

That underwater running training with dumbbells. ..are you sure that real surfers do this practice? Seems kinda contrived...

Staying connected with family and friends while being in another location, that sure gives the reason to keep on trying.

For a person who was concussed with an injured elbow to meeting Yuta in his childhood days, Kousuke is a push-to-shove passionate surfer, and the real deal when it comes to mastering all types of waves. And as bad as I want to say that the 3DCG is still bad, it's becoming worse to the point of masking animation together for effect.

Sho's "disappearance" still lingering within Masaki's mind, will we ever get to see Best Boy (of the show) again soon? I hope so.

@BestDogeKoromaru huge thanks for the infotip.
@badabass I'm trying my best to tolerate the "surfing yappe" part, it seems customary from the get-go (at least for Masaki).
KANLen09Feb 16, 2021 2:40 AM
Feb 15, 2021 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
nice episode, shonan is quite cool and masaki's new home and school look pretty good. nice to see he still talking with his friend that went to hawaii, funny how he's still always playing his ukelele lmao. that underwater stuff seemed kinda weird since the pressure would probably insane on the sea floor but idk lol. that scene with them all surfing was very nice, interesting backstory for that baseball guy and stuff too.
Feb 15, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
Kinda wholesome episode I guess, it's good to see Masaki found close friends in his new hometown. Kosuke has even promoted himself to Masaki's mother lmao. But leave my boy alone he woke up at 4:30am, jeez. This trio is adorable I hope none of them will die. Not like it would affect anyone tho.

Yes, I'm still incredibly salty about the lack of acknowledgment of Sho's death. His death is not an essential part of the story or any of the characters' development. It can't be said that Masaki wants to improve because of Sho's death because he wanted to improve just as much when Sho was alive. He even got into a full-blown argument with Kosuke where he wanted to convince him that the ocean, in which Sho drowned, is actually the best in Japan. I mean... WHAT???
Feb 15, 2021 2:55 PM

May 2018
I looked it up on YouTube and yes, underwater rock running is a real thing. Given the risks it doesn’t seem practical at all for training and more something people do to show off their athletic ability.
Feb 15, 2021 5:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats the Shounan magic for you, Shounens! But, please, stop that yappe! Its irked me much. You really need to learn more stylish mark, Masaki, really. Also, the dog looked pretty much cultured with his laziness. Good thing he was around to change the mood with those generic Masaki, together with that funky Tadao-san too, i think. Lol. Good shit to fill the gap.

Shall i talk about that couple of boys which sharing their past connection toward the waves of Shounan? I feel bad. But, its not enough to make it so importance. I am already enough with Masaki, can't write much about the others because its really ineffective. He even dare to mentioned Sho again! Come on, give that poor boy a peace at the after life, Masaki!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 6:10 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah, no, girls don't flock around that kind of dog, sorry not sorry. A face that looks like it was punched in, constant drooling, constant wheezing like you're always having trouble breathing - which part of that is cute??? Anime only where those details are omitted.

BestDogeKoromaru said:
I looked it up on YouTube and yes, underwater rock running is a real thing.

LOL, thank you for doing the homework so others don't have to! Much appreciated. :D
Feb 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
Masaki didn't get Shounan at first, but Kousuke showed him what's good about it, and Masaki is feeling much better. One thing I love about this anime is how relaxing it is to watch.

badabass said:
But, please, stop that yappe! Its irked me much.

Surfing YAPPE, now! Everybody's learnin' how, come on a safari with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :P

Feb 16, 2021 3:50 AM

Oct 2017
That backstory was okay but everything else was kinda meh.
Feb 19, 2021 6:11 AM

Jun 2020
Are they drawing Masaki different now or did he change his hairstyle a little. He looks way better!! And less stubby. He looks the same but, better.

More Kousuke pls!!!! I love his mole lol

And Tadao-san is real cool.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 21, 2021 12:57 AM
Sep 2020
So I watched the current whole episode and i just wanna clarify, Did Akitsuki Shou died during that Strong Waves or something..
Mar 2, 2021 4:17 PM

May 2015
no but like.. if Sho really did died it would not make any sense omg
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 11, 2021 11:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well at least he's happy at Shonan, but I still want more explanations about Sho's death
May 2, 2021 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
Cool :D

Things are on the right track this episode. He just keeps getting better and better

May 6, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't know underwater rock running was a thing until searching it up, humans truly do the weirdest things. Some tensions between Kosuke and Corgi but through the shared passion of surfing it seems they are having a good time together.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.