Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2021 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt like watching a video game RPG this episode with the protecting those twins. Monster attacks seems to be still a major problem in their world.

Not very impressed by the contents of the Royal Capital. It's something you'd find in almost any type of fantasy anime nowadays. The Dragon looked like a type of boss monster you'd also encounter in their world.
Jan 27, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2019
definitely did not expect those two kids to wreak havoc like that lmao.

Jan 27, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
story seems to be going somewhere kinda with the pope and stuff idk.. dont really know what direction this anime is trying to take. ngl those twins were pretty cute though, didn't expect them to be spies and try to kill the pope lol. that was quite suprising.
Jan 27, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
No good deed goes unpunished. Was pretty obvious from the start that the kids were going to be up to no good. Wasn’t expecting them to go on a rampage like that tho, damn.

I’m curious where this plot line with the Pope and didier will go though. What’s their motivation..
Jan 27, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2016
Murderous kids always adds to the wtf factor. When they found the kids and Maurice looked at the wounds on those merchants as plain knife wounds I was suspicious of those little girls but didn't want to think they'd killed them. Welp turns out that first instinct I had was it, damn, crazy kids these days. Alfred was so trusting and look what happened. He lead the fox cubs right to the hen house. We finally got to see the black knight Didier in action which was cool. The dude is definitely on a whole nother level compared to all of them. Sliced that dragon up no sweat while the rest couldn't do much. Him and this pope are very shady characters since they probably sent the people our heroes fought last episode at the village. Looks like things are only gonna ramp up from here as more major players have now been introduced and Rugis is transforming again.
Jan 27, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
This is pretty much Chapter 3 of the manga from the game adaptation.

Chidlren from the Daira Empire (Saria and Elva) o be sold off as slaves, and Verilla Village rampaged by monsters and tyranny, with people rebuilding a lord's mansion and replacing it as a church of hope. That is just normalcy in Hortensia.

As it turns out, the duo are no simple chidren, but are opposition kingdom spies at that to obtain their treasure from the pope. Another myth legend, the crimson dragon Salamander Theresia, and Black Knight Didier, as expected from more game characters popping soon.

Can kinda understand why game adaptations like these are just shit, because there's no rhyme or reason of enjoyment unless you played the game before. Still a respectable decent adaptation IMO.
Jan 27, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2015
Okay, so that Salamander is Alfred's sister!

Traitors, traitors everywhere. Even the pope and that knight are suspicious at the end there.
#FreePalestine ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jan 27, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
I don't trust the Pope.

Those twins may be cute but they are dangerous.

Jan 27, 2021 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
I like dangerous lolis and it was obvious that those two were behind that massacre so I knew they were sent from the other nation.

Also seems like that salamander is Alfred's sister.
Jan 27, 2021 12:19 PM

Dec 2015
Not too bad. Though I wonder of they follow some game plot or of this is a unique plot that might actually end with 12 episodes. (Such games usually tend to have long/endless plots and 12 episodes might be not enough then.)

A bit more chars introduced. The Didier guy has some nice voice actor. Hopefully a bit more plot progression soon.

Pope with the relic seems not too weak. But Didier guy is really overpowered lol. (I bet he will be the end boss later.)
Jan 27, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2012
Those kids being enemies were spoiled in the op so no shock there. Two things brought me some very mild amusement this week. One, reading that one location as the Diarrhea Kingdom. Two, the dragon turning into a girl with big, beautiful tits. Neither was enough to truly fix my issues with this show. Namely it's just boring as fuck. Seriously considering dropping it soon, but I'll stick with it a bit longer I suppose.
Jan 27, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2019
Honestly it was obvious those twins were evil from the start, the MC is really dense -_-

I wanted to hear more of Marius' thoughts when she finally returned to the capital, but I guess not ^^;;

Salamander girl is interesting, hope we see more of her~

Flirty Deflotte is funny, especially when Marius pulls him away by the ear...Lowkey reminds me of Finral from Black Clover
Jan 27, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
animefan8800 said:
Those kids being enemies were spoiled in the op so no shock there. Two things brought me some very mild amusement this week. One, reading that one location as the Diarrhea Kingdom. Two, the dragon turning into a girl with big, beautiful tits. Neither was enough to truly fix my issues with this show. Namely it's just boring as fuck. Seriously considering dropping it soon, but I'll stick with it a bit longer I suppose.

Dude I missed the kingdom spelling looking like diarrhea! You're also right about it being boring AF! I think getting the Taco Bell party pack revenge shits would be more interesting than whatever this show is giving me!

And besides the OP spoiling that the kids were bad, you know no good side girl is only covering up her tiny loli tits with two strips of leather.
Hell the MCs side is trying so hard to stay a virgin till marriage that the main heroine even knows to keep her her funbags under wrap. Still don't know how's she gotten away with it for so long. But hey, even if the princess did decide to whip out her royal snatch right in front of him the MC probably wouldn't do anything unknightly and just stand there instead while he gets cuck'd. Cause you know the blue haired spear chad would hit it in seconds.

When I see the dragon turn into a thicc chick all that pops in my head is my fav song lyrics by DJ Assault with his banger titled simply....Ass N Titties.....

Ass, titties, ass-n-titties
Ass ass titties titties, ass-n-titties
Ass, titties, ass-n-titties
Ass ass titties titties, ass-n-titties
Big booty bitches that's where it gets
Come on, ho, let's go to the easy rest
When I see ass, titties, ass-n-titties
Ass, ass, titties, titties, ass-n-titties
Big booty bitches that's where it gets
Come on, ho, let's go to the easy rest
When I see ass, titties, ass-n-titties
Ass, ass, titties, titties, ass-n-titties
Ass, ass, ass, ass
Ass, ass, ass, ass
Ass, ass, ass, ass
Ass, ass, ass, ass
Collins89Jan 27, 2021 2:23 PM
Jan 27, 2021 2:24 PM

Jan 2020
It seem both side has something to hide. Carmellian and Hortensia it is.
Wonder who's gonna be real villain here
That Salamander girl look like Bernadetta, MC's sister
Jan 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
this show continues to be better than half the other seasonals this season... somehow
Jan 27, 2021 4:00 PM

Dec 2010
Ikeda Shuuichi as the black knight fits so well hahaha (Akai Shuuichi from Conan)

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt like watching a video game RPG this episode with the protecting those twins. Monster attacks seems to be still a major problem in their world.

Not very impressed by the contents of the Royal Capital. It's something you'd find in almost any type of fantasy anime nowadays. The Dragon looked like a type of boss monster you'd also encounter in their world.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling like it's one of those Fire Emblem RPGs with the setting and all haha
Jan 27, 2021 7:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, so the lads went to the capital to report the situations, but ended up bringing those loli twins assassin to the cathedral. Lol. Such an unfortunate. To be honestly, i feel really good when seeing that lolis slaughtering the stupid followers at those cathedral and reaching that Pope in no time, truly satisfaction. I will be happy seeing that Pope sufferred after what he did to the kingdom of hortensia. I guess they were not bad at all, just being manipulated, by that Carmellian Duke, Rugis.

Unfortunately the satisfaction ended up with them encountering their beloved onii-chan, denses Alfred, as if the knights succeeded to reached out the cathedral. Ofc Alfred would take a knight role precisely, and gave no fuck to them, straight attacking in no time. Gladly that the red dragon appeared and saved those children, or else, i will be mad, by the same time, the red dragon was also turned out into a familiar name, Theresia. Wtf was happened exactly?

But that black knight action was cool af, and deserved the mvp title from this episode. Despite his role that may lead into the opposite side from the mc, these episode felt not bad at all. Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 27, 2021 7:53 PM

Oct 2016
I wonder what the pope and that black knight's goals are. As of right now, this is basically a three way. We have the Albert gang, Carmellian gang and the Pope gang.

That dragon action was pretty cool though, I wonder who that dragon girl is.
Jan 28, 2021 7:12 AM

Sep 2019
I knew something was up with the new characters lol. I liked them, they were really cute and one of them was voiced by Kugimiya Rie.
Jan 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Jul 2017
hot dayum Didier was so badass against that salamander lol, ngl didn't expect that salamander to be a big tiddy oneesan at all

But yeah, that pope is definitely sus, have a feeling this is gonna end up turning to a civil war by the end kek
Jan 28, 2021 11:06 PM

Mar 2010
Yikes the attachment of the new characters of alfred makes me feel like im watching some harem garbage. Twins were sus when they were whispering weirdly in the dark but didn't expect that. Really didn't like this episode. Didier lol.
Jan 29, 2021 1:16 AM

Apr 2018
Kinda knew that the kids had something to do with the story and not just random survivors of a monster attack.
Jan 29, 2021 4:44 AM

Mar 2020
Collins89 said:

And besides the OP spoiling that the kids were bad, you know no good side girl is only covering up her tiny loli tits with two strips of leather.

excuse me that's black illya
Jan 30, 2021 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
I knew that those children behind the carriage deaths, salamander and very strong despite being human.
Jan 31, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2014
MegamiRem said:

Really? Theresia? How?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 31, 2021 3:53 AM

Oct 2017
dasprn said:
MegamiRem said:

Really? Theresia? How?
We'll need to watch more episodes and find out how she survived and became a dragon, so wait I guess.
Jan 31, 2021 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
MegamiRem said:
dasprn said:

Really? Theresia? How?
We'll need to watch more episodes and find out how she survived and became a dragon, so wait I guess.

Yeah likely wait and see so~
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 1, 2021 5:26 PM

Sep 2020
After the third episode I thought the twins would become allies to the main party but this turn of events is definitely more interesting.
Feb 2, 2021 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
MegamiRem said:

Yeah, when the dragon was flying away and Alfred look at it weird way ... i was like "Uhhm, his sister ? Maybe ? Right ?"

But damn, she grew in the right parts over the years ( อก° อœส– อก°)

dasprn said:
Really? Theresia? How?

She could lost her memory or something, this show's pretty generic, wouldn't be surprised.
Feb 2, 2021 9:50 PM
Nov 2010
booyah10 said:
Ikeda Shuuichi as the black knight fits so well hahaha (Akai Shuuichi from Conan)

That Moment When You Hear That Legendry Voice of Akai & Shanks ...
Feb 3, 2021 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
The plot seems to be going in different directions. The fight scene with the black knight was really cool, I liked how it was animated. Kinda sad it was a short scene though :(

And the dragon lady is DEF connected to Alfred somehow..... Just weird how they highlighted his sisters death in the last episode and the dragon lady is called Bernadette?! SUS
I want to sleep...
Feb 4, 2021 6:22 PM
ใƒ€ใƒณใƒ€ใƒ€ใƒณ

Jun 2015
Im going to make a wild guess the dragon/girl is the main characters sister who he thought died but they never found the body

Feb 8, 2021 11:11 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Oh my, I hear Char Aznable from Didier the Black Knight, nice ^.^

Kingdom of Camellia seems to be full of transforming humans.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Apr 26, 2021 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
Alfred and the rest have a long way to go in terms of strength when seeing those incredibely strong people out there, heck even those two kids were able to wipe them out.

Oct 31, 2021 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
Why the fuck is it so obvious that is the Alfred sister?

The writting is so bad that we can easily see what is going on and guess the outcome.
Signature removed. Check your inbox

More topics from this board

» Will there be a part 2 or a movie?

zazo_Zero_2 - Aug 2

1 by Furnandles »»
Aug 2, 11:55 AM

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.