Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2020 12:13 AM

Jul 2020
and no one except Kyouya suspects Nana??The killings literally began when Nana transferred to this school.The teachers arent even taking any measures by shutting down the island and sendung everyone back home.Are the teachers with Nana?The island should've shut down when killings started to occur.This anime is really stupid.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Dec 2018
exactly, stupid is the correct word to describe this show. with so many plotholes its destined to sink
Dec 26, 2020 2:21 AM

Mar 2016
they also began around the same time kyoya enrolled. clearly we should suspect him too since something just doesn't seem right about him. personally i'd rather suspect him than the naive airheaded girl who'd probably faint at the sight of blood. fire man did half heartedly say that he's probably killed someone, but he could be on to something. his investigation on nana could just be him trying to redirect suspicion on himself.

Aure0linDec 26, 2020 2:26 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 26, 2020 2:31 AM

Jul 2020
Aure0lin said:
they also began around the same time kyoya enrolled. clearly we should suspect him too since something just doesn't seem right about him. personally i'd rather suspect him than the naive airheaded girl who'd probably faint at the sight of blood. fire man did half heartedly say that he's probably killed someone, but he could be on to something. his investigation on nana could just be him trying to redirect suspicion on himself.

Oh so I should stop watching weekly then.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 26, 2020 3:31 AM
Aug 2019
Reason why most of them don’t care is simply because of their ego. The show explained that the students were born with powers, resulting in them having such a big ego. They think that they have so much power because they were born with it that the killings don’t seem to be much of a problem. Another thing to mention, the students voluntarily enrolled in the program to help them train to fight against the so called “enemies of humanity” and were pretty enthusiastic fighting them. So the killings really wouldn’t affect them, it would just make them excited to fight them. Kyouya on the other hand has his own motives, his sister went to the same program and never came back.

Secondly, I’m pretty sure the teachers there are just regular humans, and I am pretty sure the show also stated that the teachers are as uniformed as the students (teachers are not on Nana’s side, just regular old people hired to teach). So when the thought of some “enemy of humanity” is present, they can’t do much because they’re powerless.

Thirdly, the island will never be shut down because “the government” technically controls it and uses it to kill the students (aka the real enemy of humanity). The government hires puppet teachers who just teach there and hire a secret assassin to kill the students. So really, the teachers are practically fucked and have zero authority when it comes to sending the kids home or shutting the island down.

I really don’t want to explain the entire plot but IMO, you guys should pay more attention or look a little deeper. This anime literally gets shit on because people don’t pay enough attention to detail
aaron_jumaDec 26, 2020 3:50 AM
Dec 26, 2020 5:00 AM

Mar 2016
Scordolo said:
Aure0lin said:

Oh so I should stop watching weekly then.
no you should just start paying more attention and thinking a bit more about what you saw because you've already been given enough information to figure out the answers to your own questions
Aure0linDec 26, 2020 5:08 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 26, 2020 5:31 AM
Nov 2020
aaron_juma said:
Reason why most of them don’t care is simply because of their ego. The show explained that the students were born with powers, resulting in them having such a big ego. They think that they have so much power because they were born with it that the killings don’t seem to be much of a problem. Another thing to mention, the students voluntarily enrolled in the program to help them train to fight against the so called “enemies of humanity” and were pretty enthusiastic fighting them. So the killings really wouldn’t affect them, it would just make them excited to fight them. Kyouya on the other hand has his own motives, his sister went to the same program and never came back.

Secondly, I’m pretty sure the teachers there are just regular humans, and I am pretty sure the show also stated that the teachers are as blind as the students (teachers are not on Nana’s side, just regular old people hired to teach). So when the thought of some “enemy of humanity” is present, they can’t do much because they’re powerless.

Thirdly, the island will never be shut down because “the government” technically controls it and uses it to kill the students (aka the real enemy of humanity). The government hires puppet teachers who just teach there and hire a secret assassin to kill the students. So really, the teachers are practically fucked.

IMO, you guys should pay more attention or look a little deeper

I wouldn’t really say it’s always ego, yes most of them will more likely be more arogant and keep pushing their luck because of Talents stronger they are, but there is more to that, it’s more like this overly optimistic view on heavy stuff which is common for teenagers and thus their behavior is mostly understandable. With 2 boys missing nobody really wanted to believe that they are actually dead, photo guy was a loner and nobody knew about his health condition, so yea they probably would buy that he was sick. Even though Nana kept telling it’s EoH doing, most of them probably just didn’t want to admit that situation is as hot as it seemed, plus Nana offered herself to patroling during the nights to calm them down. Then ep 8 happened and corpse was clear as day and a lot of students started to stop coming to the school because their biggest fear came true, they are now afraid, because threat is real, even though they were enthusiastic fighting them in the 1st place. It’s kinda similar to young recruits voluntarily enlisting in world war for example. It starts having this vision of patriotism, heroism, etc. when joining, but when the actual bullets start flying and friends start dying, then yea they more likely will start pissing their pants.
When comes to the teachers and other civils. I believe that they were told just to do their job and mind their own bussiness no matter what happens. There is also a possibility of teachers and other civils to be afraid of Talented on the island, because if shit hits the fan among the Talented they are powerless to do anything and only thing they can do is fast evac.
The thing is and what many people still haven’t realized that this show was never supposed to be like Among us or Death note the latest episodes kinda hints it’s actual direction.
Nana’s narrative structure doesn’t fit Among Us type of story. It’s more like Re:Zero type of narrative stracture where you are 90% times stuck with MC and you are exploring the world and characters via MC’s eyes.
Even though there are lot of similar elements with Death note like: Same Light and L dynamics between Nana and Kyouya, MC constantly needs to evade suspision, mind games etc. But still it’s not 100% cat’n’mouse game, the goal of this show isn’t whether Nana or Kyouya wins.
StrykerynoDec 26, 2020 5:37 AM
Dec 26, 2020 6:03 AM

May 2014
In addition to what other people said, I'll point out that the characters naively believing in decades of government propaganda over other possibilities is a point the author is trying to make here. Some weak circumstantial evidence isn't going to budge that.

photo guy was a loner and nobody knew about his health condition, so yea they probably would buy that he was sick.
And there were no immediately visible wounds or signs of blunt trauma. It is more likely than the idea that the victim of the attempted sexual assault had tiny poison needles pre-prepared.

The thing is and what many people still haven’t realized that this show was never supposed to be like Among us or Death note the latest episodes kinda hints it’s actual direction.
Nana’s narrative structure doesn’t fit Among Us type of story. It’s more like Re:Zero type of narrative stracture where you are 90% times stuck with MC and you are exploring the world and characters via MC’s eyes.
Even though there are lot of similar elements with Death note like: Same Light and L dynamics between Nana and Kyouya, MC constantly needs to evade suspision, mind games etc. But still it’s not 100% cat’n’mouse game, the goal of this show isn’t whether Nana or Kyouya wins.
Let's also note that in Among Us everyone knows from the start that there are impostors among them. It is part of the premise. That is already a major difference.
Dec 26, 2020 9:34 PM
Jan 2018
Why would the island be shut down and send the students back home aren't they there becouse the government put them their and isn't the whole to point is to kill the "talented" student's anyway
Dec 27, 2020 1:23 AM

May 2018
Some of them did suspect her though
Dec 27, 2020 3:26 AM

May 2014
After Shibusawa had suspected her in episode 2, Nana did mention to him that being the new transfer student is suspicious.

People noted that the time also matches well with Kyoya's arrival, but there were also other important events, such as Nakajima becoming the class leader. Even if you go with the time angle, which is circumstantial, the new transfer students are not the only relevant point.

It would be unrealistic if every guess based on circumstantial evidence turned out to be right. In Death Note, L excluded many potential suspects because he very firmly believed in circumstantial evidence and psychological profiling. Kira still could have been someone else, including among the characters named in the show. L's enlightened guesses just happened to be spot on by a bit of luck.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 27, 2020 3:46 AM
Dec 27, 2020 11:27 AM

Mar 2020
Why Nakajima is one of the main characters, and why Inukai is a supporting character? (According to MAL database)
Dec 27, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
So many people can't see past the fact that they already know who the killer is and think it's so obvious as a result. It's easy to find the right path to an answer when you already know what the answer is.

irrfan1378595783 said:
Why Nakajima is one of the main characters, and why Inukai is a supporting character? (According to MAL database)

Because MAL is run by fans.
Dec 27, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2014
irrfan1378595783 said:
I imagine the Nakajima part is to troll unsuspecting viewers.
Dec 28, 2020 1:40 AM

Mar 2020
TheDeedsOfMen said:
irrfan1378595783 said:

Why is he even in the poster of the anime?
Dec 28, 2020 3:59 AM
Aug 2019
irrfan1378595783 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Why is he even in the poster of the anime?

Again, he’s in the poster to mislead newer viewers. Because when I first watched it, I thought we were gunna be stuck with Nakajima but then we got the big surprise. That’s why Nakajima is in the poster, to mislead them in order to surprise them after they watch the show
Dec 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Jun 2013
Haters gonna hate .

The shows itself is solid .
If Akudama kill is a solid 8 for this season like most tend to rate it . this show would be a 20 .

They are in the end , kids with powers. You wouldn't take it upon yourself to investigate your neighbors killer if it happened next to you . ( got i know i had a decapitation happen next door but never did more than rant about it )

The teacher always tells Kyouya to talk to Nana about what is happening , leading to the idea that he is vaguely aware that Nana is actually the higher up in this affair. Since she is the leading agent that has the huge responsibility to clean up this "mess" .

Kyouya , as some people point out . He is smart for sure but he also lacks confidence in his theories due to him being a kid.

Yea it all started when Nana came on the island but at the same time . It was always the case that the Enemies of Humanity would want to kill them. Don't forget that these kids were brainwashed by this concept since early age alongside the rest of humanity .

Now i want also to address this show's world building .
The brief history that is depicted in the show is simple for sure but it makes sense .
- If you publicly hunt down talented people, there ought to be the ones that hide and build a resistance army to fight you .

- If you recruit talented people, there out to be the some psychopaths there that would kill anyone just because the government gave them the right to do so ( see the TV shows - The Boys , where super power humans kill people rather than capturing them and delivering them to the authorities simply because it is more fun that way and it gives them an ego boost when they squish the lower lifeforms )

- But now , if you create an enemy through propaganda ( you know how early 70s - 80 s USA made with the former USSR) . And have these talented portrayed as Heroes that died in the line of fighting ( like in the USA military ) , you would just have more people gladly enlist their talented children to fight off the "Enemy" as a badge of honor , fighting for your country and what-not .

I find this idea, as simple as it is , quite efficient.

I know the shows has it's ups and downs but I still think it is a solid show for the season . A clear 8 or maybe even a 9 for some and would deserve a nomination for the best new show of the season .

Dec 28, 2020 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
wakenowakane said:
Thank god I dropped this show lmfao.

They probably removed your sig. due to bandwidth
Dec 28, 2020 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
eurunik said:
Haters gonna hate .

- But now , if you create an enemy through propaganda ( you know how early 70s - 80 s USA made with the former USSR) . And have these talented portrayed as Heroes that died in the line of fighting ( like in the USA military ) , you would just have more people gladly enlist their talented children to fight off the "Enemy" as a badge of honor , fighting for your country and what-not .

Even so, there would be one or more people who find a created problem and will want to expose it. The problem is everyone has to play along.

Then, of course, you've got all the external problems - hacking and so.
removed-userDec 28, 2020 6:00 AM
Dec 28, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
wakenowakane said:
Sku_Te said:

They probably removed your sig. due to bandwidth

Thanks for telling me.

No problem. Usually they let someone know, but obviously they don't/didn't in your case
Dec 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
1) They're a bunch of naïve kids who believe they're special and better than the majority of other kids with no talents.
2) Killings didn't start with Nana. People did disappear though.
3) There's more than 1 class of children in this school so the number of suspects increases + children don't know each other too well.
4) Children don't suspect that the government wants them dead. They belive there's a non-human enemy out there, so why should they suspect a fellow human, who's also supposedly talented! Even the male MC has hard time believing this theory - that Nana is talentless spy sent by government to eliminate them. It makes no sense - that's why Nana remains uncaptured and successful.
5) Children are not usually wise.
6) Nana is a pro. You can be suspicious all you want, but without proof you're just a lunatic. Nana claiming she can read minds - gives her an advantage, considering how manipulative she is, and good at reading people + convincing others she's all cheerful and kind.
7) Children don't really give a shit about murders. Instead of suspecting Nana, I'd mostly suspect the school or the government who does NOTHING in response to children dying! But again, most children didn't even knew the victims, and are probably told by the teachers that the crime will be investigated by grownups. How many would try to play detectives?
8) Freedom. Children feel more like on a camp-trip, rather than in an army-base. Having fun takes priority. Imagine if you expected to have a boring lecture who day, but teachers tell you that classes are canceled for today - most would feel joy.
9) Overconfidence in own abilities. Even as some die, those who are strong, believe that "it won't happen to them". So there's little panic. Not many want the government to help them even.
10) Time. I don't remember how long other children have been on the island, but they shouldn't be there for too long. + inn the first episode it's hinted that new students are regularly added from time to time.

In other words, children have no reason to suspect Nana, or humans in particular! They believe they're fighting something else. Also, many don't care about murders; as a kid with special powers, you'd probably be busy dreaming about becoming a "my hero academia character" lol. And for those who do care, they still have little to no actual proof to even consider that Nana is guilty.
Dec 28, 2020 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
Well, no one really died the first day they showed up and most were written off as disappeared and later assumed killed, by an enemy they have no info on.

So, while yes they were foolish, they have been feed false info.
Dec 28, 2020 8:42 PM
Jul 2020
There's a game called among us and the first time playing it, nothing is obvious when the traitor knows what he is doing and you just want to do the tasks
Dec 29, 2020 3:17 PM
Dec 2017
sAgE9 said:
exactly, stupid is the correct word to describe this show. with so many plotholes its destined to sink

I agree, but that is the whole point of the show. You don't watch a show like Joe Joe's Bizarre Adventure expecting common sense.
Dec 29, 2020 3:21 PM
Dec 2017
mhmiwa said:
There's a game called among us and the first time playing it, nothing is obvious when the traitor knows what he is doing and you just want to do the tasks

I don't understand why people keep comparing this to a children's game. However, it does make sense when you realize everyone is dumber than rocks.

The first time I played Among Us. I won, and I literally did nothing but stay in one spot "the starting area" until we somehow won. I think the bad guy left or something. So, NO, this game is nothing like talentless nana except for the stupid and useless people.

I would say it would be similar to Among Us (my experience) if they had a character in a COMA. Then everyone accused the dude in a coma of being the killer; threw him off the cliff, and then they went back home as victors. If they did this, then I would still love this show.
charliechuckleDec 29, 2020 3:47 PM

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.