Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2020 6:36 PM

Dec 2008
Devimon arc, done in 24 episodes as opposed to Adventure 1999's 13, so nearly twice as much. Yet we know the characters less and they know each other less.

So, the series so far.... If you liked Digimon for the action, or maybe for seeing new Digivolutions, this series is definitely better than the original. But if you liked it for the characters, this one is totally lacking, the original is far superior. And of course if you liked both, the one side of the structure is failing, isn't it?

I kinda wish they'd done this series with different characters, since at least a few of them (Joe) are undeniably different characters anyway. Then it could have been just another "okay" Digimon series to stand on its own. But instead, of course me and others are going to compare and be disappointed.

We've still got a lot left to go though. Things could pick up. I don't think it's 100% terrible, so I'm going to keep following it.

Also it is making me appreciate the original, which I'll probably rewatch soon, so I can thank it for that.
Nov 22, 2020 4:38 AM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode, the best one so far.
Nov 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap DonDevimon was insane....literally.

And Wargreymon finally...sort of, but the battle was awesome.

I still hate over half of the team is just sidelined like this.

Anyway those were my random thoughts of the episode.
Nov 24, 2020 3:19 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, DoneDevimon was crazy, reminded me of Venom or Carnage or something.
Dec 5, 2020 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
Animation and action-wise, it was amazing. But narratively? It just makes me upset. There was barely any dialogue, or even monologues. Could've watched the entire thing as animated gifs without sound and it'd still have looked just amazing, but lost very little beyond the soundtrack.

It just doesn't seem like the series has been able to offer much beyond the initial adrenaline rush this arc. It does not look like the characters even grow or learn anything of note. They got saved by another "miracle" instead of reaching a higher state of mind that'd allow them to digivolve naturally, or figure out new solutions.

When SkullGreymon happened, it was down to Taichi's own flaws, and he was hurt by the results of his impatience. He had to overcome his own ego and make things right, accepting bad things while straving for good.

Here, his flaw is.... that he got angry at seeing his friend's little brother nearly getting killed. And he wasn't even on the bloody scene when the pseudo-digivolution happened. He didn't need to feel shocked by MetalGreymon turning nuts because he was out cold, swallowed whole. What kind of growth is to be expected from that? None whatsoever. The lesson wasn't to overcome your own complexes, but to not get angry in situations that might actually warrant it.
So what exactly was the alternative to getting angry / despairing in that situation, with Yamato out cold, Takeru moments away from getting squished, and Taichi & partner badly beaten and barely able to stand? Without it, they'd have been wiped out. As such, were there really any negative consequences to Taichi getting mad?

It's a spectacle fight, for sure. It looked stunning. But damn, it's just so poorly written with no room for growth or consequence.
Dec 20, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Visually appealing yes, but I'm not feeling the emotions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2020
Why would Tokomon always think Devimon shouldn't be like that…? So they used to be good friends?

Jan 18, 2021 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
For a second there, I thought Wargreymon was gonna turn into Skullgreymon lol.

And Neodevimon turning into Venom lol.

Weregarurumon turning those little energy beams into platforms when he could fly... why?

Fight was crazy good. I was afraid that once Metalgreymon evolved into some incomplete Machinedramon, he'd just stomp all over Donedevimon on a berserker rampage. I'm glad it was an equally matched fight. It was also a good way of introducing dark evolution to the series and increasing the tension of the fight.

I wanna know the extent of the Patamon line's holy powers in this reboot. It seems way more powerful than I remembered.

Hopefully, they don't forget about Devimon's relationship with Angemon and actually explain their history. Otherwise, what was the point.

Looks like we're finally done with the first major arc of this reboot.

Also that cliffhanger... please give these kids a break (ToT)
Feb 10, 2022 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
Wow. That was intense. All that anger reminded me of Tamers' "Lionheart" episode.

WarGreymon!

SerafosYesterday, 7:28 AM
Apr 19, 2022 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Yamato is pretty lucky for not suffering any major fractures
Sep 5, 2022 8:45 AM
Apr 2017
Achei a trilha sonora mto qualquer coisa comparada ao de 1999, sem contar certas relação estão sendo mto mal aproveitadas
Jul 10, 2023 9:49 PM

Sep 2018
This episode was pretty crazy in many ways.  Taichi survived being eaten by a mega!?  Taichi shows how miasma is no use against him.  At this point he might be able to wreck kid Goku.  Lmao
Strongest plot armor I ever seen for a series yet though I still enjoyed the episode.  
Sep 1, 2023 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
god the episode itself wasn't bad, but I'm guessing this is reboot equivalent of SkullGreymon, and just comparing the two, it's a joke.

and straight from Tokomon to Angemon? guess they just don't care about being consistent at all lol, then we get Patamon at the end anyway? lmao

& then we get Wargreymon and he beats Devimon instead, (or w/e his final form was called), not as if Angemon defeating Devimon was one of the most iconic moments, and probably TK/Patamon/Angemon's best moment. But the reboot is definitely the Tai & Matt show perhaps even more than the original (teasing the other megas would suggest they were attempting to tease the reboot would moreso share the spotlight with the others, but the opposite is true and the original 01 actually developed and cared for the rest of the cast a lot more).

anyway the psuedo-skullgreymon felt like more premature splurging similar to the early omnimon and other digivolutions. Just hype milking with zero build-up
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 11, 1:07 AM
Nov 2019
I’m so pissed that Mugendramon didn’t beat Donedevimon
Themeaningof4869Jun 11, 1:40 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.