Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 2018 11:08 AM
May 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Microscop said:

Seems like you need to watch more then 100 anime to understand japanese humor.
Cringe is a legitimate emotion that can be utilised the same way as sadness and comedy. It seems like it hit you really strong just like the writers intended but you experienced a strong disonance and that confused you. How can you enjoy this terrible show? Calling something guilty pleasure is an intelectual coput.
What was wrong with this scene, answear not resorting to emotions please?

The fact that it hit me, didn't mean I enjoyed it. Luckily, you did, so the writers can be happy now.

Are you out on a mission to convince me that it is a great show? Why do you care what I think? I am still watching it, and actually looking forward to it, but I don't believe it is a good show, it is ridiculous in many ways.

You are trying to make a point that all this is on purpose. I get that, the writers accomplished their purpose, can't argue with that, but that doesn't make the show automatically good.

Shitcom accomplished its purpose perfectly, do you think that is a great show?

Yeah you didn't enjoy it and thats fine. But how was the writing flawed, the fact that it made you feel bad has nothing to do with writing quality.
I dislike the taste of whiskey but i wouldn't call it a poorly produced alcochol.
May 14, 2018 11:10 AM

Feb 2018
Microscop said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

The fact that it hit me, didn't mean I enjoyed it. Luckily, you did, so the writers can be happy now.

Are you out on a mission to convince me that it is a great show? Why do you care what I think? I am still watching it, and actually looking forward to it, but I don't believe it is a good show, it is ridiculous in many ways.

You are trying to make a point that all this is on purpose. I get that, the writers accomplished their purpose, can't argue with that, but that doesn't make the show automatically good.

Shitcom accomplished its purpose perfectly, do you think that is a great show?

Yeah you didn't enjoy it and thats fine. But how was the writing flawed, the fact that it made you feel bad has nothing to do with writing quality.

The same way the shitcom's writing was, bro. :D
May 14, 2018 11:15 AM
Dec 2017
i love how dark this is getting
May 14, 2018 11:16 AM
May 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Microscop said:

That response is not valid unless you can write me a critique of shitcoms writing and point out analogies which would be hard considering that shitcom is pretty much plotless, has no previously estabilsiehd characters and set up for further development.
May 14, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2018
Microscop said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

That response is not valid unless you can write me a critique of shitcoms writing and point out analogies which would be hard considering that shitcom is pretty much plotless, has no previously estabilsiehd characters and set up for further development.

A guy is spying on a girl "Nijimin, I love you".
Nijimin sees the bro and instantly falls in love. Then they are both sitting there and thinking that Aya must survive because "I must not lose my punching bag"(saying that quote for the 10th time in 6 episodes) and because "She betrayed me"(saying that quote for the 3rd time in 3 minutes).
All the while all 3 of them (Nijimin, the bro and the stalker) are all making faces like they are taking the biggest dump of their life.

That is why it is bad writing. Hope you are satisfied.
May 14, 2018 11:42 AM
May 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Microscop said:

Nijimin sees the bro and instantly falls in love. Then they are both sitting there and thinking that Aya must survive because "I must not lose my punching bag"(saying that quote for the 10th time in 6 episodes) and because "She betrayed me"(saying that quote for the 3rd time in 3 minutes).
All the while all 3 of them (Nijimin, the bro and the stalker) are all making faces like they are taking the biggest dump of their life.

Thanks
They are are psychopats, repetition is there to emphasize it and make it over the top. The faces were conveying their true selves that they hide under the masks of ikemen and idol not to mention the comedic effect.
Oni san was estabilished to be a perfect guy which combined with Nijimin's obsessive character make her falling for him belivable, mind that neither of them is mentally healthy.

The writing is consistent and everything serves a purpose. Repetition is a flaw if it serves no purpose. You may dislike it nonetheless and thats ok. Comedy is hit and miss, they at least succeded in making you feel some emotions.
May 14, 2018 11:55 AM

Feb 2018
Microscop said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Thanks
They are are psychopats, repetition is there to emphasize it and make it over the top. The faces were conveying their true selves that they hide under the masks of ikemen and idol not to mention the comedic effect.
Oni san was estabilished to be a perfect guy which combined with Nijimin's obsessive character make her falling for him belivable, mind that neither of them is mentally healthy.

The writing is consistent and everything serves a purpose. Repetition is a flaw if it serves no purpose. You may dislike it nonetheless and thats ok. Comedy is hit and miss, they at least succeded in making you feel some emotions.

Exactly, I wanted to say that about repetition. It can be great if used correctly (for example characters in Saiki repeat stuff all the time, and the result is that it is funny all the time -mission successful).
In this show they repeat it, and the result is - it is annoying all the time - mission failed.

That is my view of it, though, it is O.K. that our views differ, that's the whole fun of it. :)
May 14, 2018 1:55 PM
May 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Microscop said:

Thanks

Exactly, I wanted to say that about repetition. It can be great if used correctly (for example characters in Saiki repeat stuff all the time, and the result is that it is funny all the time -mission successful).
In this show they repeat it, and the result is - it is annoying all the time - mission failed.

That is my view of it, though, it is O.K. that our views differ, that's the whole fun of it. :)

Yeah
Comedy is subjective, jokes that fail to make you laugh may feel anoying.
MicroscopMay 14, 2018 1:58 PM
May 14, 2018 4:27 PM
Jan 2017
Ok I'm just gonna come out and say it: "I predict Aya's brother will become a Magical Girl." and I am looking forward to seeing that happen.
May 14, 2018 8:15 PM

Dec 2008
PolarCyrus97 said:
LOL everyone saying that was cringy, that scene was actually pretty funny XD, relax guys, eat a snickers and enjoy this trashy anime.

Cringe word used Counter : 6

It was actually pretty fucking hilarious and I'm baffled everyone's acting like it was intended as romantic or something. What is viewing comprehension
May 15, 2018 3:39 AM

Jul 2015
Welp... so much for all that tension from last episode. Really wondering exactly what kind of roll the dudes are suppose to be playing here. Oh but hey, at least it's confirmed to be called a Magic Panty Stick... And we got another girl with very, VERY, serious issues... again... And we now know what is actually going on so that's nice.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 15, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2009
wizardsong102 said:
MomoSinX said:

Looks like a gal bitch, probably has matching personality too lol.

Lol, i was going to say the same think.

You have no idea...
May 15, 2018 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
FOLM said:
what's the word they are translating as "emo kid"? it sounds like 'meherona'? or maybe 'meihei onna'?

I'm pretty sure I heard "menhera", which is a derogatory term for people who suffer from mental illnesses.
May 15, 2018 2:33 PM
Sep 2013
Oujidere said:
FOLM said:
what's the word they are translating as "emo kid"? it sounds like 'meherona'? or maybe 'meihei onna'?

I'm pretty sure I heard "menhera", which is a derogatory term for people who suffer from mental illnesses.

ahh, so it is.
danke
May 15, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is so awesome because it has so many revelations! DAMN!
more characters and site admins incoming!
5/5!!!

May 15, 2018 5:25 PM

Mar 2009
Despite the horrendous first episode, there's something weirdly appealing and entertaining about this show.
May 15, 2018 6:10 PM

Oct 2017
bastek66 said:
wizardsong102 said:

Lol, i was going to say the same think.

You have no idea...

😂😂😂 lol
May 17, 2018 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
It seems like Nijimin likes Aya's brother but Nijimin's stalker hates him and probably wants to kill him and might even succeed, who knows? Amagai wants to create a team but everyone in that team might just end up killing each other. Nijimin hates Aya and Yatsumura and she also hates Shioi, Sarina hates Aya and Yatsumura too. Oh well. :D Mahou shoujos killing each other would be nice.

I wonder if Oniisan will ever crack into the site. He is after all a genius and everyone else is scum. He might be a mahou shoujo ore instead. OR the site admins might just kill him for interfering or use him OR he might use them. Who knows? Anything goes from here.

The site admins have slaughtered some of the mahou shoujos. I want to know who that cute girl is though.
臭い-
May 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
LOL Nijimin went from "murder, murder, murder" to <3 <3 <3 instantly!

Not surprised the girls themselves are the sacrifice.
Nov 28, 2018 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
Wow I wasn't expecting the admins to actually kill off the magical girls. What actually is the Tempest? Guess I'm not sleeping today.
Dec 10, 2018 10:49 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
"I want to kill Aya, but her brother is bishounen"

wtf lol

So there's more than one site... interesting.
-renn-Dec 10, 2018 10:57 AM
Feb 24, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
Now this show is really creepy. Something between Hell girl and ViXoss. I like it.
Apr 22, 2020 11:34 PM

Nov 2017
BurningSpirit said:
I was half expecting the interaction between Aya's brother and
Nijimin to cut to a scene of Nijimin and him on the same bed smashing, then Nijimin totally enjoying it.

Might have overestimated how screwed up the show might be :/

Fuck, I want to see that now. Keeping my fingers crossed... come on, onii-sama... make me proud.
Oct 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Oct 2020
Okay things are getting weird, now.

Multiple Magical Girl Sites mean infinite possibilities.
Oct 19, 2020 11:52 PM

May 2020
Well now the tempest is revealed but still don't know the purpose. Amagai is cute type yet depressed girl. She is cute when it's a normal girl but not this time. They are team up now.
Nov 15, 2020 5:31 AM

Dec 2018
Finally, Mahou Shoujo are going to team up and will battle with the admins!
The anime felt so rush... That white hair girl already appear...

Dec 13, 2020 4:36 AM
Apr 2016
The guy's Light Yagami but actually a messed up psychopath (Light's got nothing on him psychopathy-wise).
Apr 24, 2021 8:30 PM

May 2019
LoL Japanese anime morals.

Psycho girl kills dozens of mahou girls, some so innocent as Aya.

Every Anime: "Let's make this Vegetta be a funny antihero member of the Nakama, even if this character has ZERO regret about the poor innocent victims. And just forget about it"

But she still killed dozens of innoce...

"LET'S JUST FORGET" oh look, she is cool!
Jun 23, 8:09 PM
Jan 2023
alright, so the brother is still as awful as I thought, but seems blue hair girl is just as bad. I bet both will have a very important role.

Didn't expect there to be multiple sites with multiple admins though, this sure did just get interesting.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

390 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 26, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 11 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 5, 2018

13 by L01MK »»
Sep 8, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2018

114 by Ira_7 »»
Aug 27, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 12 Discussion

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

10 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.