Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 11, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit Nakia is a huge dick. I hope Natsumi see through his bullshit and rejects him, leaving him with no one.
May 27, 2018 1:01 AM

Feb 2018
Nakai really is just a fucking dickhead.
May 27, 2018 1:27 AM

Feb 2018
WHHHYYYY did he have to chose the worst girl ffs.
Also Miho has a (lol) sickness.
Sep 14, 2018 3:37 PM

Feb 2018
Nakai is just the WORST. I didn't like him before when he fell in love with every pretty girl he encountered (shallow much?), but man do I hate him now.

Even though I knew he'd end up with Miyoshi, I'm still disappointed TakagiXAoki isn't happening. Again, I've never gotten the feeling Takagi was ever totally head over heels in love with Miyoshi, where he was getting the butterflies, doki-doki, etc.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 18, 2019 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
Annoying episode. If Azuki decided to pick a battle with the boys why do Takagi and Miyoshi have to deal with the guilt. The other 2 clearly have trust issues. And although Azuki started the fight Mashiro is vague too, keeping all his secrets. Also, the power battless! Wow! Hope they DONT end up married during the course of the anime i would be exhausted.

Takagi and Miyoshi clearly understand that their problem is non existent and just needs good talk (but still can't stand how they treat Miyoshi. "Miyoshi would be okay with cheating but not Azuki", painful to the ears.)

I'd watch Bakuman even without the romance,the treatment is off and the characters relationships are built on sand .
HappyPicnicJun 18, 2019 10:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2019 1:49 AM

Mar 2015
Glad they were able to sort it out!! Aoki's a great girl and I hope she succeeds
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 23, 2020 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Nakai went from a jaded boomer to a somewhat respectable senior to an ugly bastard who would fit in a rape hentai.

Aoki is straight up my favorite character at this point.
JustMonakaFeb 23, 2020 5:30 PM
Jun 18, 2020 2:20 PM

May 2017
Nakai...he got a cute (30 years) young looking girl , even a perfect shoujo (that know nothing about relationship)

He should be happy , i guess hes so happy that girl want to slap him

I realy dont like him (cause he can talk to kato , but i can understand him , he loved aoki , he got rejected , now she comme back , not for him but for her
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 3, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2018
Finally it was resolved lol. Shuujin is too stupid xD

Nakai finally entered his popular phas- oh
Jan 12, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2017
Takagi the alpha-male, having misunderstandings about his relationships with multiple women, clearing them up while proposing to his girlfriend who was about to split up with him and it working out, and then hanging out with his fiancee, girl who likes him but supports him being married with his girlfriend and his fiancee's best friend, all while leaving Mashiro out to just be nervous on his own at the studio. Poor Mashiro, he really felt like a supporting character in this part as MC Takagi just got all the rewards lol. Good to see him be engaged with Miyoshi though, even though like how they got together in the first place, the circumstances were not that romantic and more chaotic than anything.

Nakai also was really shitty right there in this episode, taking Aoki for granted and losing his soul of manga and drawings just to be with a girl who doesn't even like him like that in the first place. Dating as a clause for him helping her story with his art is just pure asshole moves right there, and I'm glad Aoki gave him a massive whack in the head that he deserved, although there should have been more. Pretty wretched shit right there and given the amount of bad cases surrounding mangaka recently, and abusing their platform and power that they have for bad intentions, this doesn't help at all.
Jan 20, 2021 5:05 AM

Jul 2020
I'm glad they cleared the misunderstandings in this episode otherwise this whole thing would've been a drag. TAKAGI IS A CERTIFIED HAREM KING I'LL TAKE IT.
Feb 2, 2021 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
I frickin hated the Aoki character for being an emotionless slate of concrete. But this arc is finally giving her some ACTUAL emotions and FEELINGS. I still dislike her character but I found myself sympathizing with her and finding some of the things she'd say and do to be charming. I don't like how, now, she's a completely different character than she was... but, I definitely prefer this version of her the most.

I originally had so much sympathy for Nakai. I ruthlessly defended him in a Season 2 forum. I typed a damn essay praising Nakai's character. He seemed so down-to-earth and loveable and pure. What a douche. Disregarding Aoki for that loli-looking glasses chick, not to mention he was so chivalrous with Aoki and has lost a touch of his purity when working with the glasses assistant. Now Nakai's a completely different character too, seeing how he acted at the restaurant (with the green beverage). A total contradiction to the snow/umbrella scene. Ugh. Rendered it obsolete.
Don't get me wrong. Let's be realistic here. Most of US human beings would do the same thing... Aoki treated Nakai so poorly throughout the series. It's only realistic and natural that Nakai is able to move on. Again, we do stuff like this too. But in terms of story/plot, it makes Nakai a hypocrite for professing his love to Aoki and spending nights out in the cold... only for him to give up and move on to another girl... and not even gradually.

Aoki was originally in the wrong for treating Nakai poorly, and now it's reverse. Nakai abandoned his chivalry and broke bounds of professionality to only work with Aoki if she agrees to date him. In a sense, she deserves such an immature condition -- almost as a sort of revenge for her coldness. But seeing Nakai's wholesome character regress into such a shallow slob. Such a shame. It's like they're trying to get us to dislike him.

❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙

Miyoshi has been such a useless character this season. She's only ever been around to offer brief words of support or pick up trash. It was such a shame. FINALLY, they're focusing on Takagi and Miyoshi's relationship a little more.
I get it. It's an anime about manga, not relationships. We're supposed to be primarily interested Mashiro's quest to conquer his dreams. And that's the way I prefer it, as that is what the anime intends for. BUUUT, again, it's been getting on my nerves how absolutely pointless Miyoshi's character became for this season. They're FINALLY redeeming themselves by making her the center of an arc, or at least the spark behind the main conflict.

The scene where Aoki, Takagi, and Miyoshi sat at a table and talked things out was a really pleasant scene.

Takagi's "proposal" was also pretty amazing. It was very characteristic of him. As a last resort, it's definitely something he'd pull -- however, it's clear that he had no intention of going back on his word. He said it on an impulse but had no regrets. Truly wholesome.
Apr 13, 2021 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
I started the anime because it looked cool, a story about two friends making manga, the romance was secondary but it was ok, Mashiro had that weird idealistic pure relationship with Azuki and Shujin had a great connection with Miyoshi, the things she did for them were priceless. But now this whole melodrama looked like shit, I am sorry, there are so many inconsistencies in regards to characters I got tired and annoyed.
You're telling me that Miyoshi would react like that after 2 years together with Shujin, she would prob ask questions and kick his ass, then he would tell her the story and that's it. And why the hell would he want to talk with Aoki? about what? she doesn't even write good manga, she's not even good at romance manga, why hide it from Miyoshi when he could've just tell her that he will talk about manga with a woman, they are together for 2 years. Everything was forced and I dislike it when anime is forced.
Jul 27, 2021 8:19 PM

Jan 2020
Oh wow Nakai has been degraded as a character....he had lost his sight on manga and instead just use it as a means to get some girls...well I mean he must be depressed, he's 30 and still work as an assistant, but still....
Jul 27, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2020
Haha differentiating Miyoshi from the monkey.....glad that it resolved quickly
Oct 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Dec 2007
LOL this whole affairs between characters was too much.
takagi being him is great, only miyoshi really can understand this xD
nakai is trash of humanity, he so deserves that slap.
can understand kou, but she really needs some tact.

i see this whole "romance" thing those episodes more funny than dramatic, and i think that's where bakuman true win, drama of this kind is too heavy and ohba did great lightening it.

though the way miho and mashiro befriended again was little too fast for my taste.
User-NameOct 20, 2021 9:05 AM
Oct 29, 2021 5:03 PM
Oct 2019
So disappointed in Nakai. He seemed like a hard-working, earnest guy but let a little attention get into his head. And it’s not like Aoki and Katou were fighting for his affection either. He just overhyped himself in his head and wrongfully thought he was a big shot. These are the types of people who’d get drunk on a tiny bit of power. Again, really disappointed, I really thought he would’ve handled it differently instead of being a stuck up dick. Glad he got slapped.

And Miyoshi is such a wholesome girl. When everything cleared up she even wanted to be friends with Aoki. How lucky can Takagi get and to think Miyoshi was the one who pursued him in Middle School. I’ve always found Miho and Saiko’s rs frustrating and it has progressed slowly, but Takagi and Miyoshi’s rs just keeps getting better
Mar 28, 2022 6:53 AM

Feb 2019
A lot happened this episode.

To be really honest, I think Mashiro and Takagi were in the wrong here. They shouldn't have kept it a secret like that. Mashiro was especially stupid I think. If he really didn't want to say it, he should have come clean and said he thinks it's something that Takagi should deal with himself since it's a problem between him and Miyoshi. And he was way too proud about it.

Nakai is DISGUSTING. Go out with him as a prerequisite for working with him again? Just DISGUSTING. I used to feel really sad looking at Nakai crying realising he was 30 and still not serialised. I was also sad when serialisation ended for him, realising it was a dream he had been working towards for three decades of his life. But that all went OUT OF THE WINDOW today. Just horrible.

And what an arc Aoki Ko. She's now one of my favourite characters. Didn't like her at first just like a lot of people said here. She seemed cold and proud and a snob at first. But turns out all of that was born from insecurity and lack of confidence. This new Aoki Ko we've seen is much better. And really, Takagi does not deserve Miyoshi. This girl is kind and can forgive a lot of stuff.

I sure hope Aoki Ko gets serialised too! I forgot to mention last episode that I don't think it was right for her to just take someone's life story and put it in her manga without at least telling them, or better maybe asking for their permission.

To be honest, I don't know how to feel about Tanto. Also, them getting number 1 in NEXT didn't feel much because to me there was (1) other more important conflicts at the moment (2) they were being stupid in that conflict. But guess we'll see. I still think Ashirogi Muto is better suited for serious manga, just like Niizuma said.
May 14, 2022 11:56 PM
Mar 2018
Oh man, I'm disappointed in Nakai-san now he's just your typical ugly bast*rd.
Jul 15, 2022 8:09 AM

Nov 2018
This relationship stuff is getting annoying
I hate everyone equally
Jul 15, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2018
Nakai, die 10000 times
I hate everyone equally
Sep 10, 2022 1:12 PM
Jan 2021
I guess it's thanks to Nakai that Aoki started to change a lot although what he did is really pissing me off. Now, I like Aoki now, unlike the first time we saw her. I feel sad for her since Takagi is the first guy he can trust but still happy that the misunderstanding has been cleared. It's just a pain in the ass to see Takagi, Mashiro, Azuki, and Miyoshi being stubborn. Nice episode.
Jacques_MonrealSep 11, 2022 1:14 AM
Oct 23, 2022 1:04 PM

Jan 2020
Nakai and Aoki both get what they deserve as far as I'm concerned. Though, I don't think Nakai will be on Cloud 9 for too much longer anyway. I'm sure he'll get properly crushed again to make up for his terrible behavior this episode. Natsumi doesn't seem attracted to him after all. The sooner we can move past them and focus on Tanto, the better.

I am glad that Miyoshi is back. But, I didn't expect to have to deal with so many misunderstandings in this series. That's another sort of disappointment for this season. I really just wanted to see and hear more about manga. At the rate we're going, it might be awhile before we get more of the nuts and bolts of manga creation. This is definitely a dip from season one.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 12, 5:28 PM

Sep 2015
That was such a funny episode. I like how the misunderstandings were cleared quickly by anime standards. Miyoshi confirmed the best girl, and Aoki had such a nice development during this arc.

But Nakai, my dude! What was that? I was defending you up to this point, but now you are just a piece of Sh*t. I literally clapped when Aoki slapped him.

I almost dropped this show during the hospital arc, but at least it's making me laugh from time to time, so I will continue watching for now.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 10, 2012

99 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 14, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

121 by tsog »»
May 28, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.