Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this is the oasis the so-called paradise they arrived to?

Looks like there's a bit of darker history involved there with a demon. I actually find this arc rather intruging so far with the unknowns and what they'll discover. Feels like a real adventure as it takes outside of human civilization.

I think the stakes of this arc are high and it didn't take long for Shirna and others to find trouble.
Aug 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Shinra and the rest now have a big problem now. Not only do they have to deal with a lot of Infernals but also a demon.

Arthur is clever to figure out that those numbers were Pi.

Aug 21, 2020 11:30 AM
Oct 2016
We're stumbling upon something much bigger than could've been imagined. Our group here finding out some info they never thought possible. Maybe the beloved Tabernacle isn't just for creating this oasis the animals have found themselves in. The Tabernacle, along with maybe Amaterasu, might actually be a weapon of mass destruction. Something that's meant to bring the great cataclysm back again like two hundred fifty years ago. Maybe that's why Giovanni and the White Clad wanted the key to Amaterasu from Vulcan, so they could use to to destroy the world. Which we already knew that was their goal but now things are lining up more about how all the different events so far have connected.

This group of infernal our heroes have come across are super wired. Worshipping this Tempe guy who just wants to die after being stuck alive all these hundreds of years. Wanting to destroy the oasis the animals have built with the firepower from the Tabernacle since that's what he needs to kill himself basically. Super messed up way of going about it. Couldn't just coexist with the animals but instead drove them out to blow eventing up. Tempe is a messed up demon infernal, which is what makes him so dangerous. Shinra, Ogun, Jugg, and Tamaki are gonna have to figure out a way to get enough firepower to kill him without destroying the forest.
Aug 21, 2020 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
Arthur coming to save the day as usual lol. Great episode. Been a while since I read this so I’ve forgot a lot of the details of this arc. Fight scenes were dope and Juggernaut as always being hilarious.
Aug 21, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Lol just realized renji voices the mole and aizen the crow, great episode this arc is pretty good so far.
Aug 21, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Fire Force and...

Lol. Arthur it seems to be the real hero of the series (all this season)...

And talking about this season, it´s getting better and better with all the new demons.. although probably is going to be complicated for our guys to beat all this infernals...

Really interesting episode (as solid as previous one) we´re getting the pieces of pluzze together one by one! Just waiting for next week :)
Aug 21, 2020 12:01 PM
Sep 2015
The fighting is very fluid, something I rarely see in anime, but this episode is only impressive on technical level.

No one notice that the demon wear Evangelist cloth???

I type sequence number from Arthur and from ceiling and they don't match the first 100,000 digits of Pi, what's the deal here?

Anyway, I continue to think that Tabernacle is really a nuclear power plant, it's very useful and very dangerous at the same time.
Aug 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Mar 2017
I just can't wrap my head around all the mysteries pop up left, right and center this season! Intelligent Infernals, a shady woman who can fix the Tabernacle and use Adolla Burst... I honestly have no idea what is gonna happen next and it's awesome!

Just when you're convinced Arthur is a bonafide idiot, he surprises us with casually throwing out nuggets of genius... not even Licht - an actual genius - worked out that the numbers were Pi!
Aug 21, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2020
For this kind of thing is that I want to learn Japanese! Sure is a word game of numbers but it goes very fast to understand it

Well, how to start, it was a chapter loaded with information and action, this chapter was quite nice,I love the soundtrack and the sound effects ! , it is confirmed that Shinra is spoken to from inside the Tabernacle and they talk a bit about the history of the pseudo-pillar, which I like her because it treats animals well..

It stands out where she comes from, I am left wondering that it is that spatial rift.

The infernals speak, a great surprise full of unknowns, will it be that as time passes the ability to speak is reborn?

It is confirmed by them that these structures are to be destroyed, and they deny the information that team 8 had about amaterasu

The demon is very strong, I am not surprised that he is the head of a sect to end everyone's suffering

Laughter was not lacking in this chapter, lol!

Licht almost died! Tooru's buffs are awesome! It's a shame that he's probably not there when they apparently kill someone in the trailer at the end of the cheaper

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
ldanesAug 23, 2020 3:51 PM

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Aug 21, 2020 12:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What the heck was Arthur blurting out in the end there? So many mysteries, it's hard to make out where this is going honestly. And I knew it, that Amaterasu is bad news!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Jul 2019
asdlolxd_ said:
Lol just realized renji voices the mole and aizen the crow, great episode this arc is pretty good so far.

No wonder I felt intimated when first hearing crow's voice.

Loved the episode. The action and the humor were well balanced. I would have appreciated some more information but this will be provided next episode.

The design of Tempe looks really good. I bet he will provide a lot of exposition and they will strike a deal with him.
Aug 21, 2020 1:44 PM
Dec 2017
Arthur figured out it is pi?!?!?!! Also if Arthur gets delusional enough he can probably defeat that demon
Aug 21, 2020 3:00 PM

Oct 2019
damn, Arthur really performing well. He went toe to toe with shinra's demonic side and now he figured out it was pi. But, I wanna know what the sentences and the sequence of numbers meant?
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Aug 21, 2020 3:07 PM
Nov 2017
Arthur with that 189 IQ deduction.

Tough spot for the rest of the gang though. Wonder how they will get out of this situation.
Aug 21, 2020 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
They have to face another demon, a Demon who can also talk, just like it underlings as well. Surprising to say the least.

Arthur with the big brains at the end there XD
Aug 21, 2020 4:58 PM
Nov 2019
Dukino said:
We're stumbling upon something much bigger than could've been imagined. Our group here finding out some info they never thought possible. Maybe the beloved Tabernacle isn't just for creating this oasis the animals have found themselves in. The Tabernacle, along with maybe Amaterasu, might actually be a weapon of mass destruction. Something that's meant to bring the great cataclysm back again like two hundred fifty years ago. Maybe that's why Giovanni and the White Clad wanted the key to Amaterasu from Vulcan, so they could use to to destroy the world. Which we already knew that was their goal but now things are lining up more about how all the different events so far have connected.

This group of infernal our heroes have come across are super wired. Worshipping this Tempe guy who just wants to die after being stuck alive all these hundreds of years. Wanting to destroy the oasis the animals have built with the firepower from the Tabernacle since that's what he needs to kill himself basically. Super messed up way of going about it. Couldn't just coexist with the animals but instead drove them out to blow eventing up. Tempe is a messed up demon infernal, which is what makes him so dangerous. Shinra, Ogun, Jugg, and Tamaki are gonna have to figure out a way to get enough firepower to kill him without destroying the forest.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well, that Amaterasu and the Tabernacle themselves are the weapons the villains are trying to use.
Aug 21, 2020 5:27 PM
Oct 2019
Great episode!
Turns out that the Tabernacle can be used as a weapon of mass destruction. This also means that Amaterasu can be used for the same evil act.
Now Dr Giovanni stealing the key to Amaterasu from Vulcan and giving it to the Evangelist make more sense they probably going to use Amaterasu and the EIGHT PILLARS to cause another great CATACLYSM.
The mysterious woman in the black cloak is quite powerful having enough firepower to turn on Tabernacle! She also formed an Adolla Link with Shinra and might be able to either control him or give him a little bit of her power to protect the forest
SURPRISINGLY Arthur knows Pi
Aug 21, 2020 5:28 PM

Nov 2008
FireRifle64 said:
damn, Arthur really performing well. He went toe to toe with shinra's demonic side and now he figured out it was pi. But, I wanna know what the sentences and the sequence of numbers meant?

Arthur is reading the numbers phonetically in Japanese and making up words that match the sounds. It may be a mnemonic for memorizing parts of pi.
Aug 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2016
dbaranyi said:
FireRifle64 said:

Arthur is reading the numbers phonetically in Japanese and making up words that match the sounds. It may be a mnemonic for memorizing parts of pi.

@FireRifle64
@_MushiRock11_
@Leo

Yes, it is called pilish like you said it helps remember number Pi.
I'm very surprised that Arthur knows that. His past is becoming more and more interesting.

@phantomfandom For now record stands on 10,000 digits but maybe for anime exaggeration trope author gave Arthur some ridiculous number of digits?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 21, 2020 6:26 PM

May 2020
a bit off-topic, but only now I realized that ogun's VA is the same as miyuki shirogaaane, and realized that licht's va is the same as shinpachi's once he started screaming for his life lol

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Aug 21, 2020 6:27 PM
Sep 2015
@phantomfandom For now record stands on 10,000 digits but maybe for anime exaggeration trope author gave Arthur some ridiculous number of digits?

I conclude that it's just animator being lazy to insert a real Pi sequence.
Fun fact: The number written in the opening sequence of the film Pi (1998) by Darren Aronofsky is not Pi beyond the first eight decimals.
But I get that they want to make Arthur surprisingly smart to contrast his personality, just like how Bakugou is a smart badboy.
Aug 21, 2020 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao Arthur coming in clutch at the end there.

More and more mysteries are popping up and now they're battling talking Demon Infernals, things are getting more interesting with each episode. From the preview, next episode looks hype!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 21, 2020 7:23 PM

Jan 2018
Arthur was the least person i expected to have a big brain moment, lol
Aug 21, 2020 7:57 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I like how this episode tied back in things we've learned before. Helps the story feel more coherent.

Also Juggernaut's ready to do what it takes for the potatos. Big man has the worst luck.
Aug 21, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
Arthur's big brain moment had me thinking this kid might actually be a genius sometimes

though the layers of mysteries piling up has me interested i'm hoping it lands
Aug 21, 2020 8:44 PM

Dec 2015
Arthur has a big brain lol, and ofc, it end here. I forgot everything about maths that I got the same reaction as Licht and Pan when my brother got it.

set by taiyaki

Aug 21, 2020 9:05 PM

Aug 2019
damn pretty good episode, definitely didn't expect another demon to appear but non the less it spices the story up a lot. Inferno's in this forest seem to a bit more intelligent or more sentient then the ones that appear regularly, and this new demon inferno coincidentally also wears an outfit similar to the ones the Evangelist wear.

Some pretty interesting info drops as well this episode, an appearance of a women shrouded in darkness that spoke about once again coming from "beyond the spatial rift" and wanting to also "recreate the world" possibility that this "spatial rift" is the place were Shinra finds himself when in an adolla link? Either way she gave the local wildlife the ability to talk and activated the Tabernacle by herself, later disappearing until and adolla link happened with Shinra.

As much as i have a lot of faith in Shinra, i don't think he's really on the level to take on a demon inferno by any means right now without loosing an arm or leg. Considering how much firepower they needed to push out to kill that one in the city a few episode ago, i think the only thing the gang can do right now is tickle it until it gets bored. However, Shinra's talk about gaining the "Evangelist Grace" definitely spiked my interest by a lot. I would be hella interesting to see Shinra stuck in a situation were the chances of defeating his enemy are good as none, and the only choice he would have left is to cross the line that separates him the hero with the evangelist who are his enemy but also have been blessed with and almost step into the dark side for a bit to see how strong he would get, but also what would happen to him after.

Last scene was pretty funny, Arthur showing off his ability to be super "no thoughts, head empty" to "being able to exactly identify the digits in Pi like he was reading a children's book" probably one of the reasons i love his character so much.

Next episode looks good, Ogun looks to be handed the spotlight next episode which im hella excited for, really liking his character even though he was shown quite recently.
Aug 21, 2020 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
lol who would have thought that Arthur is a math genius?

and cannot wait for next episode because Ogun badass mode will activate
Aug 21, 2020 10:53 PM

Oct 2017
OMG Arthur used his brain, so he had one after all.
Aug 21, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2016
Glad to see that Arthur can have his own moments of enlightenment.

Overall, not as intriguing as the previous episode but it was still rather decent. Juggernaut is kinda getting on my nerves tho.

Anyways, this time we got a bit more info about this creepy looking woman as well as about what happened immediately after the Great Cataclysm. So the Tabernacle and Amaterasu can be used as weapons of massive destruction, uh? Well, I guess their connection with the Evangelist's group is making more sense now.

As for the mysterious woman and based on how she presented herself, it seems she's not from this world... or even from this dimension? Seriously wonder where she comes from. It also seems she formed a complete Adolla Link with Shinra and most likely, will control him or boost his fire power to go against this new Demon Infernal. Let's see if the self-proclaimed "Hero" can handle it.
This said, next episode's preview looks rather interesting so I look forward to next week.
Aug 22, 2020 12:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the Tabernacle's been here for quite a while. The standoff within the forest proved to be pretty interesting. Incarnates that can speak huh. The threat posed by the incarnates sure doubled thanks to the demon's rather grand plan to rise to heaven. Though the stakes have become rather high its good to see that Shinra and team has not lost their focus. It will be interesting to see how they will stop the demon and his lackeys though with the firepower that they have at their command. Im also quite curious on what lies within the Tabernacle. Overall an interesting ep that did well to progress the arc while also expanding upon the lore via the intro of sentient demons and infernals. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2020 12:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The adventure in China continued with some good revelations with 'the God' on that Oasis. It seems that God contained the same origin history like Amaterasu in Tokyo, knewing it served as a massive destructive weapon by the previous 250 years apocalypstic. Even Shinra received the same blessings like from Evangelist, without noticing their form was same, differenciate with its black uniform on that Oasis. So, by receiving it, could Shinra defeated that horned infernal? Lets see the next episode!

Also, its intrigueing how Juggernaut and Tamaki now had some chemistry on their conversation. Juggernaut himself acted more as a comedian with his banter, giving more chill in the background. And Arthur, surprisingly clever than a scientist Liecht. Not to mention stupid Pan leader with his annoying whistle. Slowly but sure the mystery behind Adora Burst might get revealed by those funny teams!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 1:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
phantomfandom said:

Anyway, I continue to think that Tabernacle is really a nuclear power plant, it's very useful and very dangerous at the same time.

Thats indeed a nuclear power plant. Even from the first sight of Amaterasu, that looks alike it, its really had so much similarity over the place. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
woah! Arthur is not only delusional but also a code breaker/cracker/dechypherer!
damn! Shinra go ahead and level-up and power boost you have the power to single-handedly kill and infernal demon! ... i think...
5/5.

Aug 22, 2020 1:41 AM

Jan 2019
At first i didnt like Arthur, but man has he become such a likable character as the story progresses. Also can anyone smart and 300 iq like Arthur enLIGHTen me on the whole Pi cipher thing?
Aug 22, 2020 3:44 AM

Feb 2020
Crows and Amaterasu...........
hmmmmmmmmmmm..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Every time I think Arthur is a Stupid Character He Surprises me with something out of nowhere.
Archfiend836Aug 22, 2020 4:29 AM
Aug 22, 2020 4:09 AM

Jan 2018
Love it when the resident meat-head does something smart
whats a signature
Aug 22, 2020 5:38 AM

Jul 2017
Oasis a.k.a Amaterasu/Tabernacle, with an Adolla Link? Seems like a linkage to something more sinister.

A woman in black serving as the God of the creatures within the Tabernacle and Adolla Link-ing to Shinra to "protect the forest", plus with the Infernals raging around, a plot device to destroy the world ONCE AGAIN, it makes total sense (and why not?).

An Infernal cult, and the leader dressed in White Clad clothing, whew that is dark (which reinforces the re-creation of the Great Cataclysm). Stone tablets being the key, looks like taking even one down proves difficult as a team, and the situation within Tokyo to eradicate an Infernal human (as seen in episodes past) will be the most likely encounter once again. NO CHOICE, they've come this far, there's no backing down now.

A license to kill as comdemnation and resting place for the Infernal humans and the demon leader, Shinra and Co. really have a HARD fight to rest the leader and put his soul to rest. But in the nick of time, an Adolla Link from the Oasis God to Shinra?

The number pattern...for Arthur to be "smart" to decipher that it is Pi, the unkempt usefulness at an umpteen time.

The stakes only continue to be high.
Aug 22, 2020 5:39 AM
Apr 2019
I almost forgot to watch this episode. I think they are adapting 3+ chapters per episode, and they toned down the pacing a bit. It's a good call, considering what they did during Season 1, though it was still good.

Hearing Ogun's voice really reminds me of Miyuki Shirogane, since they have the same seiyuu. Same as for Purt Co Pan (Trivia: It was a homage to Kurt Cobain), where he is voiced by the legendary Daisuke Ono. David Productions must really lik Daisuke Ono.
Aug 22, 2020 7:05 AM

Mar 2018
As no one has, I'm explaining the end of the episode where Arthur unveils the meaning of the sequences of numbers.

The secret is to read part of the numbers as Kanji in either Kun'yomi or On'yomi.

For example, the second one is 87788990. This one was "Hurry up and give me a banana", which in Japanese is "Hayaku Banana Wo Kure"
The numbers are:

9: Kyuu, Ku
8: Hachi
7: Nana
6: Roku
5: Go, itsu
4: Yon, Shi
3: San, Mi
2: Ni
1: Ichi, I
0: Zero, Rei

So this is how it is: Ha(chi, 8)yaku Ba Nana (Seven) wo Ku (Nine) Re(i, 0)

The other ones are 44929917 and 34102515, so they are Yo(n, Four) Shi (Four) Ro Ni (Two) Ku (Nine) Ku (Nine) Rei (Zero) Na(na, Seven) Eat some meat, Yoshiro; and Sa(n, Three) Shi (Four) I (One) Rei (Zero) Ni (Two) Ko (Five) I (One) Ko (Five)
You were ready to kill another creature, yet you're scared to be killed. Don't you think that's weird? When you point a gun at another life... This is what happens.

Aug 22, 2020 7:15 AM

May 2015
ARTHUR THE BIG BRAIN?! NANI THE FUCK?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 22, 2020 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
I laughed so hard at the end :D Their faces tho~ Arthur was very clever and smart! XD
Aah~ I love this new arc. It's good to see some 'green' like trees or forest.
Aug 22, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2018
Either Arthur has figured the code or there might be more to him than what we think and that is he's smart.
Aug 22, 2020 2:39 PM
Jun 2013
Archfiend836 said:
Crows and Amaterasu...........
hmmmmmmmmmmm..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hahaha never looked at it that way 😅
StuwieAug 22, 2020 4:53 PM
Aug 22, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 2019
Interesting episode with some lore and the whole Amaterasu thing(what i already suspected). They are going to face a difficult challenge but looking at the teaser at the end, Ogun is going to step up big time. Thanks Arthur for that Pi thing.
Life is not daijoubu
Aug 22, 2020 5:32 PM
Aug 2017
Probably the best arc from both seasons right now, no silly business, no stupid ecchi, no fake deep conversations, just fights and cool visuals.
About the episode, you could see a lack of animation in the first half of the episode, Shinra kicked that enemy that blasted fire at that scientist that has the same haircut of SPike from CB
The second half the animation recovered the quality, but they're deffinely holding the budget for the end of the arc.

Really funny and simple episode.
Aug 22, 2020 7:22 PM
Mar 2015
Battle of the tabernacle I like pi

They translated oni as demon This is never correct
Aug 22, 2020 9:53 PM

Oct 2016
Two consecutive episodes with Tamaki still wearing her clothes Nani!? Jokes aside, I like Tamaki more when she's not consistently losing her clothes. Lmao, the Sacred Numbers has something to do with the destruction of the world... Oh dear.

And Ogun looked badass as fuck in the preview I am hyped for that.
Aug 23, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2019
Bro, schop is so freaking cute.
Good episode overall 👌 3/5
Aug 23, 2020 10:59 AM

Jul 2020
Okay, so now we have a whole new story with animals, talking infernals and a possible new cataclism with Amaterasu rip-offs. But now Victor is finally convincing me he is good, Pan and Ogun are aactually great characters, Arthur really killed it in the last scene, and... Tamaki remained with no fanservice for two episodes in a row. This is going in the right way
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.