Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Deca-Dence's major event to infiltrate the Gadoll nest and eradicate the Alphas is underway, but with Kaburagi's insider knowledge of the events in play, this'll be a do-or-die moment for all involved. Of course, the differential gear between Gears and Tankers is quite obvious.

True to Kaburagi's information, A-class Gears and below couldn't even damage it, and now the Tankers take full control, with the same consequences. Natsume, having heard Kaburagi's warning the last episode, her reckless behaviour causing Mundy to end her life there and then, but commendable for exacting damage to the Gadoll Alpha...with regenerative abilities.

Kaburagi, having seen Natsume onboard the death-defying mission in his avatar, prepares to abort his simulation responsibility to save her in the nick of time. Nonetheless, Natsume still wants to prove her worth with the rest of the surviving Tankers, whilst Kaburagi, like his former friends who've been sent to decimation, breaking his limits that's true to his Ranker status.

The trouble isn't over yet...with the Gadoll Alpha defeated and the nest in pain sight thanks to Kaburagi's efforts to defuse the fog, an EVEN BIGGER Gadoll Alpha that's bigger than Deca-Dence? Talk about putting both the simulation world and its users in grave danger. Time to put this battle up one notch by changing into a Kaiju battle! Truly a Mad Max moment for a big battle of huge win and (fortunately) minimal loss of lives (that at least isn't a complete wipe-out).

Through this battle, Kaburagi has been shown the light to his unchanging actions, and the world-building comes alive with the innocent Gadoll streaming in the background (God, that scene was SOOO good). But unfortunately, Pipe is missing from all this chaos, and to make matters worse, the simulation admin has found him, declared him a malfunctioned bug and tasered him useless. What will be Kaburagi's punishment and consequences for breaking the limits, and how this'll affect Natsume when she comes to find out the truth?

Fire episode, and the best episode by far.
KANLen09Aug 5, 2020 9:26 AM
Aug 5, 2020 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
The world needs bugs. Kaburagi sacrificed a lot to say those words for Natsume. This show keeps making crazy turns that I love every time. The stargate they had to fight was insane. Didn't think after the alpha that a giant prototype Gadoll would rise up and try to kill them all. Firstly the design looked all kinds of weird, the colors with those things that looked like sores on its skin oozing out. So gross when one popped. That stargate was wicked using its beam attack. Definitely an ultra tough boss. Also cool again to see the actual Deca Dence attack, but giant punch to that ugly things face.

Action looked great! when Kaburagi came to save Natsume I cheered. Great moment between them. Natsume even before that didn't give up even as the tankers got slaughtered. She resisted and fought as much as she could. Kaburagi showing up removing his limiter and going ham bone on the alpha!! Slick looking scene with him shooting the needles at it's head and pinning the alpha before the death blow. So cool to see. Animation got cracked up well this episode. I don't know what Kaburagi will have to do to get back to Natsume after this but I hope he can. Hope that Natsume goes looking for him and discovers the bigger world going on. They thought the Gadoll would be gone now but this just opened another can of worms.
Aug 5, 2020 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Weeeelp GG Kabu.

Today's episode felt so serious from the get go, and just the sadness at the end of the people seeing them come back after thinking it was all over. Ooof.
Aug 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
Dio’s seiyuu is in damn near anime, this man don’t take breaks

Great episode. Was really sad to see Natsume’s face there at the end. The cruel reality of the world hit her. I wonder if we’ve actually seen the last of Kabu. Although it would make me sad since he’s a great mentor and father figure for natsume, it would also be great writing as it emphasises that your actions do have consequences.

NUT have done a wonderful job with the animation quality. The fight scenes at the beginning of the ep were just awesome. People need to wake up to this show.
Aug 5, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2019
I knew that kaburagi would come for natsume.
Btw, I wonder, What happened to kaburagi?
Aug 5, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Deca-Dence and the moment for reveal the truth is almost here...

Time to the major event to exterminate the Gadoll´s net and destroy the alphas, but as Kabiragi knows, this is not going to be so easy. So what kaburagi does? Goes to save her new "student" Natsume (giving us a great moment) because as he says: We need bugs"

Unfortunately this wiil have consequences and Kaburagi will have to paid for break the rules...

Really good episode, with another twist plot and re-afirming this series as an interesting one!! Just waiting for next week!!
Aug 5, 2020 8:41 AM

Jan 2018
The 3D animation is way subpar than most of what I've seen. I hope Mundy's death will reflect the characterization of Natsume and not shrugged off.

'The world is a manu--" Manuscript huh? So what Kaburagi saying is true after all. I wonder how'll they change the system once and for all.

The point of no return has been there all along. Even Kaburagi knew that changing it would seal its fate. I wonder if that's the end for him.

Looking forward again next week.
Aug 5, 2020 8:59 AM

Jan 2016
Natsume's team meets with Gadoll Alpha but loses many members in the battle.

Kaburagi came to rescue Natsume and killed Gadoll Alpha!

Now that the fog is lifted a huge Gadoll appears, one who hasn't been finished yet.
What will they do!? Together, Kabu with his skills and Minato with the Deca-Dence Canon destroyed the monster!

Kaburagi is in huge trouble for getting involved therefore he gets eliminated.
RIP Kaburagi
Amazing episode, looking forward to the next one~!

Aug 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2016
Nainu_ said:
I wonder if that's the end for him.

Not really, they just killed his avatar. But yes, he's basically screwed now.
Aug 5, 2020 9:13 AM
Jul 2020
Yayyy the plot is finally moving! ;) I’m getting major attack on Titan vibes with the whole “no one I humanity except the higher ups know what the heck is going on”. I hope kagu isn’t dead that would suck. Can’t wait for the next episode!!
Aug 5, 2020 9:15 AM
Jul 2020
Sakuta34_12 said:
I knew that kaburagi would come for natsume.
Btw, I wonder, What happened to kaburagi?

I’m pretty sure he’s still alive since it was his avatar that was shot, though he’s pretty much fucked up atm. I hope that he makes it and helps save humanity with natsume
AryaleAug 5, 2020 10:36 AM
Aug 5, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2016
Aryale said:
I haven’t read the manga

There is no manga, it's an anime original.
Aug 5, 2020 9:22 AM
Jul 2020
There's no manga since this is an original, which is refreshing because we're all in the same boat.

Kaburagi removed his limiter when fighting the Alpha, so that tied his avatar to his main body, so I'm sure the electrocution did a number on his real body, the consequences we have yet to see. Though it wasn't clear if Kaburagi removed his limiter and then put it back after defeating the Alpha, so this theory may be wrong.
Aug 5, 2020 9:27 AM

Jul 2020
Welp..
Most of them got deceived. The fight ain't over just yet.
Is this level 2 ?! :O

And who's gonna save the day, Kaburagi? well...
Hugin don't you dare touch Kaburagi!

Excited for the next episode o/
Also, where was my Boi Pipe at..

Aug 5, 2020 9:31 AM

Jun 2016
Next episode is probably more focused on Kaburagi so INB4 people complaining about chibi androids again.
Aug 5, 2020 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Ok I cant take it seriously with all those cute little RPG characters or how to call them...
Aug 5, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2020
PoXonn said:
Welp..
Most of them got deceived. The fight ain't over just yet.
Is this level 2 ?! :O

I guess not level 2 but just a change in storyline as kaburagi mentioned. But, obviously it's going to harder than what we have seen so far so maybe level 2 is the right way to put it.
Aug 5, 2020 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Thinking everything was over, the people got hit with the harsh reality.

I don't think this is the end of Kaburagi.

Aug 5, 2020 9:35 AM
Jul 2020
Tekakurika said:
Ok I cant take it seriously with all those cute little RPG characters or how to call them...

Well, there are actual humans too so maybe if you focus on them more you'll get the better gist of the anime xD
Aug 5, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2020
I feel bad for shedding tears for the sis, she didn't even die bruh what.
This episode just tells how much potential this anime has !
Back to back shocks in the episode with kaburagi releasing his limiter to save natsume, then the prototype gadoll king thing and then the change in storyline.
Kaburagi's avatar getting killed was sad as now maybe we won't be seeing natsume×kaburagi for quite some time
Overall this episode had everything
Aug 5, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2013
Nice episode. Now I'm left wondering whether what happened was that the 'dome' got removed by breaking the system with a creature that was still in developement and they're finally able to see what's outside of it; or if it's only really a scripted event for another level. If the dome broke, the reality's gonna slap them reaaaaal fast.
Aug 5, 2020 9:42 AM
Oct 2019
WOW, what a great episode of Deca-Dence!
The infiltration of the Gadoll's nest started this episode and it really did feel like the end of a season BATTLE!
Just as Kabu was informed Gadoll Alpha was going to be impossible to defeat - even A-Class Gear wouldn't stand a chance against it.
Natsume seeing the dead Gear really showed her the cruelty of this world they live in however she is strong and doesn't give up!
But just as Kaburagi said she isn't right yet and is still reckless and impatient which cause Mundy to sacrifice herself for Natsume!

Just as all hope is lost Kabu show up in the nick of time to help save Natsume and the other Tankers!
I love the bond that has grown between him and Natsume- he is willing to sacrifice his own life to save Natsume
Eventually, breaking his operational limits so he can defeat the Gadoll Alpha and as a result of this CHANGES THE STORYLINE CREATED BY SOILD QUICK ( ROBOTS COMPANY)

Due to this another MEGA GADOLL BOSS is introduced- the GADOLL STARGATE which is massive and underdevelopment creature WHICH WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE UNVEILED YET
Thankfully due to the effort of Minato (the commander of Deca Dence) and Kaburgai they are able to defeat the STARGATE GADOLL and save the day!

However, this has ruined the plans of SOLID QUICK meaning that was to reset/create a new level for the world leading to the return of former- deceased GADOLL!
Nastume finally remembers what Kabu said in a day early- "It won't succeed and peace will never come..." - she might start to finally put the pieces together HOWEVER she is going figure it out without Kaburagi as he is punished for his action in this battle

Kabu's finally phrase was amazing- THE WORLD NEEDS BUGS
chid_emordi1Aug 5, 2020 9:46 AM
Aug 5, 2020 10:05 AM

Sep 2016
Ok, I REALLY did not expect Kaburagi to die, last episode felt like it was building towards Natsume's death.

Honestly, this makes both sad and happy with this. On one hand, I still think the show is at it best when both of them on screen. On the other hand, if one of them must die, then I'm glad it was Kaburagi, I feel like there are more possibilities for the story than the other way around.
Aug 5, 2020 10:27 AM

Jan 2010
Paradigme said:
Nice episode. Now I'm left wondering whether what happened was that the 'dome' got removed by breaking the system with a creature that was still in developement and they're finally able to see what's outside of it; or if it's only really a scripted event for another level. If the dome broke, the reality's gonna slap them reaaaaal fast.

The way I interpreted it was: the dome wasn't supposed to dissolve that quickly, and the Deca Dence was supposed to stay in this "level" for a little longer. Maybe until that prototype boss was completed and defeated by the cyborg players?

Yet since Kabu killed the alpha Gadoll before the Gears were wiped out and those elite cyborg Tankers would come into to kill the alpha Gadoll, it triggered the prototype boss to appear. And when Kabu also killed it, that ended the level prematurely and broke the barrier/dome, revealing what the world really looks like outside the barrier. Which is full of life. Up until this point, it seemed like the world outside the dome was a complete uninhabitable wasteland? I'm thinking back to that "commercial" for the game and that seemed to be the case.
Aug 5, 2020 10:36 AM
Apr 2020
Yeees!!! I knew I was right to believe this anime would have potential! We are moving forward and everything looks amazing. I hope it continues like this! Awesome episode! <3
Aug 5, 2020 11:05 AM

Oct 2017
Kaburagi vs Alpha gadoll fight was nice and that's about it. Everything else was cliche, we've seen these scenarios in several different animes before.

Stuff like many mob characters death while fighting tough enemy, main character in pinch and sensei comes to save the day but another op villain comes but they still beat him and finally the war/fight doesn't end, sensei sacrifices himself blah blah are common occurences.
Aug 5, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
Holy fuck, this is getting better.
Such a great episode, I’m so excited. Super awesome action as well.
Can’t wait to see how this will develop.

Also, Kaburagi is dead???
Aug 5, 2020 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
damn awesome full sakuga episode there episode 5 of God of High School and episode 5 of Deca Dence delivered good this week eh

and lol yep this is the consequence of the story line changing so what will happen to Kaburagi now

Aug 5, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2019
I can't stand Natsume with her typical shounen mc attitude. I wonder what she'll do once she learns the truth behind all.

Kaburagi's avatar has been dealt with. What'll be his punishment? It's too early to die...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 5, 2020 11:45 AM

Sep 2019
Damn this does has that MMO game feel, this anime turned out to be really interesting, I quite can't pinpoint what kind of "game" this is, for one second i think its a glorified monster hunter, or how it would feel to do the PSO2 raids from the npc perspective that actually lives in that ship. And that whole thing of triggering a way to get the expansion before is something that has happened in MMOs before, I remember that people triggered the Empyrion update of warframe before thru glitches and bugs to get to the loading screen on the railjack.

Also got how to train your dragon vibes out of this, that had something similar happening in the first movie, just to see there was even bigger dragons in the second movie

What a good show.
Carpal_Tunnel69Aug 5, 2020 11:50 AM
Aug 5, 2020 11:50 AM

Mar 2017
Nooo! If Kaburagi is dead I'll riot! He's the best thing about this anime. I really like how nonchalantly it was revealed that the cyborgs control and create Gadoll.

I feel like the anime is gonna be different from here on out cause the humans are gonna figure out the truth
Aug 5, 2020 11:52 AM

Nov 2019
Starting to wonder what people are smoking when they watch this show..

I mean, mixing up her name is one thing.. But her vital status..
Aug 5, 2020 11:54 AM

Oct 2019
Honestly, after each episode I keep getting more interested in the world. So the Gears seem to know alot about the world but don't seem to control it however there is something or somethings that are designing the world as if it's a game. Looking forward to finding more.
Aug 5, 2020 12:03 PM
Apr 2019
WTH this is only the 5th episode! That was sooo cool.
Aug 5, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2013
Chickengirl said:

The way I interpreted it was: the dome wasn't supposed to dissolve that quickly, and the Deca Dence was supposed to stay in this "level" for a little longer. Maybe until that prototype boss was completed and defeated by the cyborg players?

Yet since Kabu killed the alpha Gadoll before the Gears were wiped out and those elite cyborg Tankers would come into to kill the alpha Gadoll, it triggered the prototype boss to appear. And when Kabu also killed it, that ended the level prematurely and broke the barrier/dome, revealing what the world really looks like outside the barrier. Which is full of life. Up until this point, it seemed like the world outside the dome was a complete uninhabitable wasteland? I'm thinking back to that "commercial" for the game and that seemed to be the case.

Yeah, I guess the dome was supposed to go away after S ranks fought against it. The real question being, are they being contained in a bigger dome right now? We know that it's been several hundred years since the dome's been set, there's no telling whether or not the earth might have healed... and to be fair we don't even know if the earth really was uninhabitable or if it's just the story they went with for the 'game'.

Either way I think they're gonna find the reason behind the waves of Gadolls in that unfinished area, and probably some remains of humanity. In-developement areas in video games are usually a compelete mess that's full of spoilers and ressources the player shouldn't have access to... maybe enough for the resistance to fight back.
Aug 5, 2020 12:17 PM

Jul 2019
MegamiRem said:
Kaburagi vs Alpha gadoll fight was nice and that's about it. Everything else was cliche, we've seen these scenarios in several different animes before.

Stuff like many mob characters death while fighting tough enemy, main character in pinch and sensei comes to save the day but another op villain comes but they still beat him and finally the war/fight doesn't end, sensei sacrifices himself blah blah are common occurences.
Does that make it particulary worse, tho? It raises tension, and it is not done exacly in a common manner, besides, the animation, photography and overall direction made it way better than most that did it. Comparing to others in this season, i still think it is the less generic of all that i have seen. I know that you dont like the cyborgs stuff and i honestly very much disagree as it shows very clearly the consumerism philosophy, and they couldnt have gotten someone better to design them than the flip flappers director, but i wont judge you not liking it.
Aug 5, 2020 12:33 PM

Oct 2017
VP2003boi said:
MegamiRem said:

Does that make it particulary worse, tho? It raises tension, and it is not done exacly in a common manner, besides, the animation, photography and overall direction made it way better than most that did it. Comparing to others in this season, i still think it is the less generic of all that i have seen. I know that you dont like the cyborgs stuff and i honestly very much disagree as it shows very clearly the consumerism philosophy, and they couldnt have gotten someone better to design them than the flip flappers director, but i wont judge you not liking it.
I never said I dislikes it thou lol. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot but it doesn't change the fact that this development was cliche. As I mentioned before these things happened countless times before. I thought we'll see something new with how the anime was going.
Aug 5, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2020
Damn goodbye Kaburagi you will be missed until the next episode
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 5, 2020 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, that was one effective cliffhanger for Kaburagi.

He played his role in this episode brilliantly. Considering the situation, his full involvement here meant that the storyline would "change", but that didn't stop him from fighting like a proper champ, not only breaking his limiter to take out the annoying Gandoll enemy first, but also helped out in the big boss fight immediately afterwards.

And like before, Deca-Dence finishes off the big monster with a rocket-powered fist to the face. That way of taking out a monster is always going to be satisfying. =)

However, this meant that he would face the consequences from his boss, but before he met his fate, his last words was that the world NEEDS bugs. My respect for him for saying that to his boss has dramatically increased!

As for Natsume, the poor girl got a proper shock as to what's happening with the world and Kaburagi leaving her will only cause her more grief. I hope she'll be able to find him again someday...
Aug 5, 2020 1:40 PM
Feb 2011
Perhaps the anime was meant to be cliche until the first level was cleared. The writers seemingly have this great long term idea for the show, but they're really boring in how they're choosing to proceed to get there. I'm glad they killed off Kaburagi. We all knew where his trope was headed from the beginning. His death opens up many more variables, and therefore forces the viewer to have to keep watching.

The story line in episode six needs to focus on making Natsume an interesting character. I want to know what sets her apart from the other bugs. Due to her being a bug, does she have any special power to standout from the rest of the Gear; other than having a prosthetic arm? They better not focus on Pipe and Natsume's relationship because Pipe can die too!
Aug 5, 2020 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby jesus. It took my a few episodes to grasp the plot and what was going on but this show is awesome!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 5, 2020 2:21 PM

Mar 2020
The reasoning of the girl that looks like a guy from the triplets is sad. About her being sick with newbies being reckless and dying. I like this kind of detail (it was expressed in her treatment of Natsu) and it was on a minor character.
Welp with everything Natsu experienced in this fight, she ain't gonna get her confidence anytime soon.
And to top it all off Kabu's is screwed after the stunt he pull up. Even if he survives I don't expect the manager to suddenly decide that "bugs" are fine. So he's ether about to become a fugitive/ have his leash tighter to the point it makes it almost impossible for him to be close to Natsu or someone higher then the actual manager is going to save him for reasons.
Anyway I was expecting for the build up to be over in this ep but guess we've got more to look forward.
In another few hours, the sun will rise.
Aug 5, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2018
Severely underrated anime. How can this get a score bellow even the "OP protagonist in a high school setting harem" trash i will never know.
Aug 5, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2019
So, just as them humans think it was over, well, guess again for them , Maybe it's time for them human to turn against those who manipulate the world they live in.

So what now for Kuburagi, is he being killed off?
Aug 5, 2020 3:03 PM
Feb 2020
Bruh recently i have been taking a break from anime but deca dence is the only exception, black clover is in a filler arc and i read the fire force manga so im not missing anything but anyway😙...

This episode was crazy natsume kind of popped off with the alpha galdol😄 the fight scene with kabu was really good too it amazes me how much they rigged the game like first the galdol goes for tanks then if you are able to get it it pulls the needles out and makes a fog so you can't see it how op is that then if you do succeed there is a giant boss that nukes you all then there are and🙉... You get the point here. I was feeling that kurenai was going to die thank god😌
But if she does i will ⚡💫riot💫⚡ if she dies
I kind of feel bad for kabu i mean not everything has to be perfect sometimes.
You know?
Hopes kabu is okay😿 yh thats all i have to say
💀💀What am i saying he literally died and im like hope he's okay but generally i hope he ✨magics✨ a way out of dying i want to have hope in studio nut... That doesn't sound right but whatever now that really is all i have to say ✌
Finn_awo-16Aug 5, 2020 3:10 PM
Aug 5, 2020 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
I swear this episode only lasted about 5 minutes. Quite an action packed episode! The Gadoll Alpha VS Kabu was pretty epic, really nice animation and he sure did a number on the Gadoll Alpha.

But as was said last week, defeating the "impossible Gadoll" had concequences and I do have to say, they make some unique monsters. That's one huge ass blob of, well whatever it was XD

Kaburagi is getting punished for beating something, that wasn't meant to be beaten and not getting rid of the bugs.. GG Kaburagi? Guess we'll see next week for sure! If he does die, he went out with the best words "This world needs bugs"!
Aug 5, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2017
this_shit_again said:
Starting to wonder what people are smoking when they watch this show..

I mean, mixing up her name is one thing.. But her vital status..

oh my, she didn't even end up dying? welp that's kinda anticlimatic, though the whole ep felt pretty shounen-esq so not really surprising

did really like the reveal part though, and how shocked everyone is about potentially being deceived. Wonder how the story will continue from here now
Aug 5, 2020 3:18 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I wasn't expecting it to end like that but I'm glad it did

Aug 5, 2020 3:21 PM

May 2020
I really hope Kaburagi is okay. It was nice to see him sacrifice so much for Natsume ultimately getting him into a lot of trouble. I wonder if his avatar is finished now, and if it is how will he get back into the game? I was happy to see the battle finally finishing, but it looks like Kaburagi was right and there may never be a chance for peace. So far, I'm enjoying this anime a lot.
Aug 5, 2020 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
I wonder if Kaburagi will be "reborn" in a new body now.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

141 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.