Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2020 9:58 PM
Apr 2018
Tirinchas said:
erinerinyes said:
That ending was well done. I was screaming "nooooooooooo" in front of the screen. Dammit Nakahara just why

She told him to stay put for FOUR YEARS. One should really be asking "Why not?"
This is just realism.

Yeah, I understand that. It's just that... it's so sudden. They were discussing about their relationship few days ago then next thing we knew, he's asking a woman whom he just met, to live with him. Realism? I think not.
Apr 25, 2020 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
This show is just so good and hilarious! I haven't felt this pained over a cliffhanger in awhile and I can't wait to see her show!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Apr 25, 2020 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
Woooooow this episode really hit me in the guts.

I am really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 26, 2020 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
Wasn't feeling the previous episodes but i thought this one was very good. Nothing like a love triangle to spruce things up.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 26, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2019
This anime too underrated and score so low wtf
Apr 26, 2020 6:56 AM

Jan 2015
After 3 of not so interesting, energy-draining episodes, this one was really good and totally felt different in terms of energy, drama and character interactions (or maybe it's just me). if it continues, i might end up liking it overall.

The background music and the buildup in the last scene was on the other level. I didn't expect him to ask her to live with him, i actually thought the part where she changed the blog would be the last scene (it was ED time with less than 2 minutes left), but the tone surely changed into a darker one with the background music kicking in and the revelation that she lied and him inviting to live with him. That was really really well done.

I don't think she is jealous per say, just bumped out that even he left her, she felt like she'd be the last one to leave her side. (I hope i'm getting her feelings right). I think it's obvious that he didn't have any ill intent by inviting to leave with her, even if the gloomy looking girl reacted to it like he is inviting her to sleep with him. He is definitely just looking out for her and being a gentlemen.

There is so much more to talk about, ahhh why was this episode so good?

I can't believe the restaurant owner and the new worker got into the accident and Minare was asked to work there, while she was trying to job hunt, what kind of twist of fate is that ? how crazy is that?

Damn, i love this guy...

I actually want that to happen, for them both to take over the restaurant (well they kinda already did).

I like how the crowd stopped to see him confess to Minare, clapped a bit and then went along their way, just like in real life haha.

Anyone else felt that the gloomy,depressed looking girl is like Takanashi's sister from Working?

Minare's roomate, sure have some crazy eyes, is she a closet psycho? it's a bit scary -_- I really like that girl aside from that, she is really nice and even shares food with Minare "I'd marry her and make love to her every day if i was a man" lol.

That revelation tho haha

Btw does anyone know, what did Minare meant by "just like japanese politics" ?

Also, can't believe i saw a Walking dead reference in anime...

Apr 26, 2020 7:55 AM

Sep 2018
The episode looks like a metaphor for life: when we feel we are irreplaceable, we are already becoming the ones to be replaced, there will always be someone better than us, let's not overestimate ourselves. This is what I saw in the narrative, beyond the ironic and irreverent aspect; Minare's joke about politicians was excellent. The only aspect that I did not like, I am sorry to say, about this episode, was that of the quality of the drawings. The final twist I think only serves to create expectation, it is the classic scene in which a character extrapolates from the dialogue certain phrases, which instead put in the right context give the real pulse of the situation.

P.S. Was that stuff Minare cooked a pizza too? For me, pizza is only and exclusively the one made in the oven and in a certain way; let's not ruin the concept. While believing in my statements, I can't wait to find out what will happen in the next episode, also because even the character of Mizuho wasn't telling me about it, and to really know what Makie's character hides; and to understand if Nakahara is a farphistic Philistine as we want to make believe in this episode.
Apr 26, 2020 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
erinerinyes said:
Tirinchas said:

She told him to stay put for FOUR YEARS. One should really be asking "Why not?"
This is just realism.

Yeah, I understand that. It's just that... it's so sudden. They were discussing about their relationship few days ago then next thing we knew, he's asking a woman whom he just met, to live with him. Realism? I think not.

Leaving aside the obvious plot convenience that this is for Minare and the theme for her first radio show, the guy just offered his place for her to stay a couple of nights. It was probably out of kindness and honestly, I would have done the same if I knew a female co-worker who, for some suspicious reason, prefers to sleep at her work place instead of her own home. Highly doubt Nakahara did it with the sole intention of bringing her to his bed but that's just me.
Apr 26, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
Man, that Tachibana girl sure is weird. Not sure what's her deal with not wanting to go home but at least, Nakahara was kind enough to let her stay at his place. Honestly, I doubt this series goes into more serious subjects/undertones but we'll see.

Overall, nice episode. Leaving some eccentricities aside, I'm glad to see adults interacting like proper adults for a change. Particularly, I really liked Minare's dynamic with both Nakahara and Mizuho this week so I hope we can have more of it in the upcoming episodes. Especially with Mizuho since she really seems to be hiding something behind those creepy ass stares.

This said, yay! finally Minare's show next week. Can't wait for it!
Apr 27, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2010
I feel this show keeps getting better.

I have to say, the moment I heard the name Tachibana Makie I thought of Blade of the Immortal (the way it's written is completely different though...).
Apr 27, 2020 3:37 PM
Jul 2013
Roch2001 said:
I think I love this show so much as I see a little bit of Nami in me. I mean who dosen't have a vodka bottle on hand at the dinner table!

I was actually surprised when I saw it's vodka, and to me it seems it was Mizuho's. I kinda gave up drinking as I got older, maybe that's why it seems like a start of alcohol abuse, but she's still experimenting.
A new mysterious character appears, but Mizuho remains best girl.
Apr 27, 2020 10:32 PM
Apr 28, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2009
Damn, I was hoping that Nakahara guy was actually serious about Minare... that ending was plain painful.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 28, 2020 4:53 PM
Jul 2016
Minare bisexual confirmed????

I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to get her own harem of partners at the end of the show lol.
Apr 29, 2020 4:47 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was lit af. Things were hilarious but took a dark turn at the last part. I'm lovin this development.
Apr 29, 2020 10:53 AM
Jul 2010
I don’t think Nakahara meant anything by inviting Tachibana to stay over; however, I could totally see the possibility of this leading to the beginning of their romance. Earlier Nakahara was talking about his dream of running a restaurant with his wife, which I don’t really envision Minare would be satisfied with. Tachibana was serving customers, learning how to cook, coming up with new ideas, and writing the blog. Perfect restaurant wife material. Although I don’t really like it, at this point it seems Tachibana and Nakahara pair together better. Plus, the whole damsel in distress thing Nakahara has going on might make her seem more appealing in a way (even though Nakahara doesn’t seem to go for that, you never know). But it annoys me that Nakahara allowed her to change the menu and write the blog. Although the blog thing is just annoying, changing the menu is too far. It’s not his restaurant, so changing the menu is definitely wrong. This is why I could totally see Nakahara getting with Tachibana. He already has crossed the line, so he could totally do it again.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?
Apr 29, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
matheoo41 said:
Roch2001 said:
I think I love this show so much as I see a little bit of Nami in me. I mean who dosen't have a vodka bottle on hand at the dinner table!

I was actually surprised when I saw it's vodka, and to me it seems it was Mizuho's. I kinda gave up drinking as I got older, maybe that's why it seems like a start of alcohol abuse, but she's still experimenting.
A new mysterious character appears, but Mizuho remains best girl.

Mizuho seems a saint. Im pretty sure it was Nami's. But who knows! Lets see where this goes :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 29, 2020 2:34 PM
Jul 2013
Roch2001 said:

Mizuho seems a saint. Im pretty sure it was Nami's. But who knows! Lets see where this goes :D

It certainly looked out of place. Yeah, I'm afraid Minare will be a bad influence, but then, she might unknowingly unleash a demon. Anyway, this is the show I'm looking forward to the most this season.
Apr 29, 2020 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
matheoo41 said:
Roch2001 said:

It certainly looked out of place. Yeah, I'm afraid Minare will be a bad influence, but then, she might unknowingly unleash a demon. Anyway, this is the show I'm looking forward to the most this season.

Agreed. This is one of my favs this season. I hope Minare wont so much unleash a demon but be a catalyst to help people move forward while she drags them along in her whirlwind of a crazy life.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 1, 2020 10:21 PM

Mar 2009
I see this is quickly becoming an anime about awful human beings. Realistic, I guess!
May 6, 2020 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
At first I was doubtful about this show, and it took 4 episodes, BUT I'M TOTALLY HOOKED.

This is nothing like your usual narration and stories.

Man I'm heartbroken, but the characters are so well written, it's refreshing.
May 12, 2020 3:08 AM

Sep 2009
I'm glad this new girl happened. Nakahara was too pushy. MC obviously didn't see him as romantic partner. I hope there is nothing wrong with new girl and they will end up together.
May 18, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2020
The man tried to dissuade Minare from trying to be a radio host. He was really selfish (wants to realize his dream: to open a restaurant with his wife), not out of malice to kill the rising space of the Minare.

He's not bad, but it's not suitable to make deep acquaintance with this kind of people. They have a narrow outlook. If Minare really hear him, she can only roll at the bottom all her life.

Rationally speaking, she should try the radio as much as possible. Compared with working in the catering store, it has higher rising space and irreplaceableness. Even if she fail, it's just to find another store to work. It is actually strange to be tied up in this curry shop.

Jul 31, 2020 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
1,7 mil yen is 13588 euro.

How expensive is Japan anyway if a single person cant live with just that?
Aug 7, 2020 4:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
While Minare thought her life would be better when the former manager who fired her suddenly had an accident, it was all fake. She still had a bad day encounters when herself found out her 'close friend' had a 'closed chat up' with the new staff that appeared as her backup. It felt like a cheat? After she made a pointed out promises before with him? Just, poor her! I felt her sudden broken heart. But, still in such a funny way as her eccentric ranting always fulled every sadness she had already. Finally, the slot has been cleared out in the radio station. Its time for Minare's to rock the sky in the middle of everybody dream with her energetic ranting!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
Lot of things happening here. Respect to Nakahara for being so honest, I hope he and Koumoto can get together with the girl they love even though for now they have been silently rejected. Really think there is something shady/dark going on with Mizuho and also new girl Tachibana.

Aug 26, 2021 7:56 AM

Dec 2020
DANGGG WHAT AN EPISODE. the comedy, the DRAMA loved it. tachibana's a bit suspicious but im sure she has a reason to act like that so im looking forward to find out what it is
Aug 26, 2021 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
I love Minare as a character, she's a super loud, and opinionated woman. The stuff she goes thru is crazy but seems realistic too?
desu desu binches
Aug 1, 2022 11:38 AM

Jun 2020
i really didn't think i'd like it that much, but every episode gets better and better, there's definitely a simple charm to this anime & its characters, minare is so much fun to watch, and i love how........realistic everyone behaves, how nakahara just moved on to tachibana just like that lmfao, but im glad tho, minare isnt the least bit interested in him, i also dont think shes heartbroken actually, i see it as how things, people, are just moving past her while she feels pretty stagnant/lost.

ALSO?? MIZUHO AND KOUMOTO KINDA QT LOL i want more!!!!! i love when kaito voices adult characters

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 12, 2023 2:00 AM

Jun 2007
idk why I'm still watching... anyways the guy was being pushy/disrespectful but that slap was unwarranted I wonder when society is going to stop laughing at men being physically abused
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 7, 2023 6:09 AM

Nov 2022
Another enjoyable episode, and funny how Minare seems to be unable to get away from the curry shop, and the manager is still a dick, only agreeing to let her stay till he recovers and is able to get back to work.

I was wondering who did the blog updates while Minare was gone? Doesn't really seem like something the manager or Chuuya would be good at...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

131 by michidicchy »»
Oct 14, 11:38 PM

» How I should Read the Manga After the Anime?

LucasChristyan - Jun 20, 2020

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Aug 7, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.