Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty big battle this episode but it's obvious they are carrying this arc into the final episodes. Hugo in that mech though...

Besides that, Nemesis and Reiji should probably be more prepared if they don't want to be overwhelmed again. Honestly, it kinda makes sense for this week's episode but I feel underwhelmed.

Hope the final two episodes will be better.
Stark700Mar 26, 2020 7:41 AM
Mar 26, 2020 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
Rook was able to defeat Hugo. We got to see a bit of Rook's backstory.

Ray Starling was able to defeat Mr. Franklin's monster.

Well, two more episodes to go.

Mar 26, 2020 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
It was nice of Rook to lay into Hugo. Something that Ray should've acknowledged more. Thank fuck for that.
Mar 26, 2020 9:45 AM
Jul 2019
Whoa, Rook's family backstory looks like something where Sherlock marries Irene Adler.

Well, Ray has taken care of that RSK, so it's time to take out Franklin.
Mar 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
Just woke up watch this ep. Lets hope it doesn’t disappoint, was pretty hype coming off last week’s ep.

Ok so the fights were pretty cool this ep. We got some much needed backstory and explanation as to why the superior attacked Duel City. Nice callback to the first few eps, the acceleration rate within Dendro must be quite fast for her to have already grown up.

Almost at the end here. Interested to see how the end will play out. This is very clearly one of those “anime to promote the LN” type adaptations , but I’ve still enjoyed it quite a bit.
Mar 26, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2017
The battles were interesting tbh but couldn't enjoy em at all due to poor visuals and animation. Anyway one more episose to go, let's see how the finale will be.
Mar 26, 2020 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Some epic battling went down. I always find it enjoyable when it comes down to pure strategy and the succubus kid did not disappoint. He fought right down to the wire.

And even MC gave us a little show to close out the episode. I was hoping he might of awakened something even more wilder, but one does not always get what one wants.

Good ep. I wonder if last two are gonna be just mop up and feel good or if the shits going to really start hitting the fan!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 26, 2020 3:39 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, Rook's one more character who's bitten the dust from that one tagline of Infinite Dendrogram. Didn't know that's easy to reel you in, which says about the animosity of the setting in the most "fantasy" way possible. Boring...

As "cool" as Hugo and Rook's battle was, the poor animation (plus the excessive use of CGI) just holds it back and the random improvisations and all just didn't make any sense, even at the extent of strategy.

Even worse is the big battle of Dr. Franklin's RSK against Nemesis and Ray, the usual exchange of big words aside, as much as I want to like this battle and the outcome of it, it all just screams average. So yay suppose for Ray being able to defeat the huge grotesque monster I suppose.

Hopefully the last 2 episodes are worth it.
Mar 26, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2016
So he finally destroyed his ugly armor and I hope he will chenge for somethink better looking?

And for me it's funny that all the side characters we saw outside the game seem more interesting than the main character. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 26, 2020 6:02 PM
Jan 2017
There were two plotlines in this episode: Rook's fight with Hugo and Ray's fight with Franklin. I feel that the former was more interesting than the latter. I don't know what is it about this show that makes me more interested about the supporting characters than the protagonist. Aside from learning about Rook's backstory, we also see him outsmarting his enemy with good tactics and misdirection. If there's one message to take away from this episode is that characters don't need to be strong to win battles, they just need to be smart.
Mar 26, 2020 6:08 PM

Nov 2017
Its a shame.I like this LN,and I quite like the anime,if only they didn't leave a lot out.
I can understand why,theres quite a lot more in the LN that'd probably be hard to put into the anime,but damn,If Kyokou Suiri can do it with such style,why didn't they do it with this?
Theres a lot more to Ray,Rook and all the others than the anime portrays,and a lot more to the world.
A shame,but I'll still enjoy the last two episodes.
Mar 27, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2016
This is just a mess, character back stories are literally trash but wow, Rook just took this to another level, what's the point of all of his story if he is just going to end in a fuckin virtual game, I couldn't care less if he is from a rich family, a normal family or a poor family, and how the fuck did he now that the other guy is irl a girl???????? 0 sense, the same with his battle, stadistics and calculating in the middle of the battle?? for real? just trash.

The first episodes were great but at this point it's just trash, and Im not going to drop it cause you know there are only 2 eps left.
Mar 29, 2020 2:24 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was alright, the animation could be better but I’m used to that at this point.
Apr 1, 2020 12:30 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
this shit gonna drop below a 6 lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 1, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2015
Is the last episode going to be tomorrow?
Or next week?
Apr 4, 2020 5:04 PM

Nov 2009
More backstory

Also noticed that a lot of ppls that play this game are from rich families with RL issues.

And apparently they all obtain the VR set from someone else... so someone is going around and gifting rich ppls with problems this game... hmm...

(I have a theory it's one of the DEVs, just think about it, find rich ppls with problems, get them hooked into your VR game to escape from RL, and they'll spend thousands of dollar in your game)

___ ___ ___

Rook's PIMP class actually looks interesting now... and I want it...

Since he can technically merge with his companions and get stronger, this means he has limitless potential as he finds stronger companions to merge with.

___ ___ ___

Looks like Ray won, only cause he obtained that mount and gauntlet, without it he probably couldn't find an opening. (since the "slime" only obtain Ray's stat, and skill, but not his equipments)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 14, 2020 7:29 AM

Aug 2017
Lol, it was really necessary the same formula of being rich with issues again?
I don't know whether to take it seriously or not at this point.
NurguburuApr 16, 2020 7:22 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
I kind of find it a bit random how suddenly Pimp-kun's analytical fighting style is showcased and not much earlier in this series

Jun 24, 2020 1:21 AM

Feb 2019
I found Rook's deduction of Hugo's skills to be quite interesting. 13, percentage, Dante's Inferno, that's quite complex lol
Apr 14, 2022 8:44 PM

Oct 2019
Tbh I thought pimp guy is just some hentai lover (or ****boi)... But with good attitude. Given his job and embryo. Lol
andrearionaApr 15, 2022 1:53 AM
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Oct 2022
ngl Rook is way too fucking perceptive I swear he just went through 5 different possibilities about what the other guys power could've been in a matter of seconds whilst still being able to mostly block an attack and prepare his move.
Also I get the idea of being able to read an opponents moves because of how predictable they are but being able to do it to the point where they don't even know what they are going to do is a bit too good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.