Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2020 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's like basically a game with the princess involved...

Weird episode. Stakes seems to be high with the high stakes on the line. But in the meantime, I kinda like that princess girl. She has more charisma than some of the other cast in this show. Only 3 more episodes left.
Mar 12, 2020 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
Damn these threads are a ghost town. Pretty weird but entertaining episode but still feels like we're missing something story wise. I'm still not sure who a couple characters are and what their role is. Don't know if it's just me or what.

I enjoy watching the show, but it really seems like they didn't have this planned out well.
Mar 12, 2020 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it's time for Ray and his group to rescue the princess.

Marie is pretty OP.

Mar 12, 2020 10:46 AM
Jul 2019
WTF Marie Adler can actually kick butt, so why does she have to keep her abilities from Ray and the rest of the gang anywayz????
Mar 12, 2020 11:58 AM

Aug 2018
One word This is better than SAO....And The Marie fight was Awesome!
Good Episode
7/10
SaiDxvLightMar 19, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 12, 2020 12:22 PM
Jun 2016
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
WTF Marie Adler can actually kick butt, so why does she have to keep her abilities from Ray and the rest of the gang anywayz????

Maybe because she is a PK and brother bear had tried to burn her with the forest
Oop Spoiler
PapopitoadMar 12, 2020 12:27 PM
Mar 12, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
Seems I have underestimated Marie....
Mar 12, 2020 12:46 PM

Jan 2014
Holy shit Marie. She was badass.
Mar 12, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
When the episode ended I was all set for hours of watching this battle play out. Meh, hurry up next week darn it!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 12, 2020 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
Papopitoad said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Maybe because she is a PK and brother bear had tried to burn her with the forest
Oop Spoiler

Wow shit was literally fire then lmao. Ain't even mad.
Mar 12, 2020 4:28 PM

Jul 2017
Well, this is one RARE time of NPC Marie actually showing off her OP powers offsite, even now in this precarious situation. Coincidentally meeting the second princess loli of the kingdom and forging a relationship with her.

That was all before the Penguin Dr. Franklin showed up and used her as a tool of kidnapping. And now the quest to eradicate him for the random warriors just got harder. NGL I geddit where his ambitions came from by thwarting the status quo, but if that's the main villain trope of a test and plot, this integrates it well, but to us the audience having watched many SAO rip-offs, this is just boring and uninspiring, but props for the try.

To Ray and Co., it's just a matter of getting this quest done and dealt with. To Marie, it's a feat of tries to wipe all enemies. And welp, this is the plot going for the endgame. Can't say I'm fathomed about this show, everything here is just average.
Mar 12, 2020 5:50 PM
Jun 2016
KANLen09 said:
Well, this is one RARE time of NPC Marie actually showing off her OP powers offsite, even now in this precarious situation. Coincidentally meeting the second princess loli of the kingdom and forging a relationship with her.

That was all before the Penguin Dr. Franklin showed up and used her as a tool of kidnapping. And now the quest to eradicate him for the random warriors just got harder. NGL I geddit where his ambitions came from by thwarting the status quo, but if that's the main villain trope of a test and plot, this integrates it well, but to us the audience having watched many SAO rip-offs, this is just boring and uninspiring, but props for the try.

To Ray and Co., it's just a matter of getting this quest done and dealt with. To Marie, it's a feat of tries to wipe all enemies. And welp, this is the plot going for the endgame. Can't say I'm fathomed about this show, everything here is just average.

Why the fuck people still think Marie is NPC after she show her embryo and her nick name
Mar 12, 2020 8:23 PM
Jan 2017
This wasn't a bad episode, I just think it moved a bit too fast for me and tried to do so many things at once. We finally learn Marie's real identity and connections to Ellie and we see Hugo take his place in Franklin's plan. I felt that these subplots are moving a bit too fast and don't give viewers too much time to understand what's going, but still, they were more enjoyable than Ray's part in this episode, which was pretty standard action stuff. I really want to like this show but I won't delude myself into liking it, especially when I'm starting to become more aware of its flaws. With only four episodes left, I really hope this show can turn things around.
Mar 12, 2020 8:41 PM
Nov 2017
HeroVladimir93 said:
This wasn't a bad episode, I just think it moved a bit too fast for me and tried to do so many things at once. We finally learn Marie's real identity and connections to Ellie and we see Hugo take his place in Franklin's plan. I felt that these subplots are moving a bit too fast and don't give viewers too much time to understand what's going, but still, they were more enjoyable than Ray's part in this episode, which was pretty standard action stuff. I really want to like this show but I won't delude myself into liking it, especially when I'm starting to become more aware of its flaws. With only four episodes left, I really hope this show can turn things around.

It left a bad taste in my mouth
Mar 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Jul 2012
Characters like that Franklin just really kill a series. :/ So much better when he was out of scene.
Mar 13, 2020 12:42 AM

Oct 2017
Tbh Marie being the superior killer was unexpected. I thought she was some op superior user from the kingdom who was hiding her identity and the kuma ni san almost figured it out. The story and twist are pretty good but the animation and visuals are killing this.
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

She's literaly a player killer. You think a Player Killer would go around itroducing herself as how op she is and that she's op enough to can kill superiors.
KANLen09 said:

Marie just stated her player job lol, Death Shadow Superior Onmitsu job. How can u call her a npc after that ?
Mar 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Jul 2017
MegamiRem said:

KANLen09 said:

Marie just stated her player job lol, Death Shadow Superior Onmitsu job. How can u call her a npc after that ?
That was BEFORE she stated that she was a Master Superior, don't be salty if I never included that in.
Mar 13, 2020 2:44 AM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
MegamiRem said:

That was BEFORE she stated that she was a Master Superior, don't be salty if I never included that in.

Um wot? What before? So by your logic lmao she was a npc before she stated that and after stating her job she became a player? LMFAO u can't call a player npc just cause she hid the fact that she is a player. Dun be salty cause u made a MISTAKE and someone pointed it out bruh.
Mar 13, 2020 6:59 AM

Jan 2016
MegamiRem said:
Tbh Marie being the superior killer was unexpected. I thought she was some op superior user from the kingdom who was hiding her identity and the kuma ni san almost figured it out. The story and twist are pretty good but the animation and visuals are killing this.

I had to check previous episode where there were a scene that Marie got anxious. Now that explanation makes sense. Yup NGL this show has pacing and directional issues, but i still can accept the battle animations well.
Life is strange

Mar 13, 2020 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
Fire Emblem Echoes the anime
Mar 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
Papopitoad said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Oop Spoiler

Wait so she really is PK from previous episodes that killed MC guy and Kuma-chan is that guy who have battleship?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 13, 2020 4:50 PM
Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
Papopitoad said:

Oop Spoiler

Wait so she really is PK from previous episodes that killed MC guy and Kuma-chan is that guy who have battleship?

Isn't it so obvious ?
Even the anime had cut half the novel i still surprise that people didn't realize that
Mar 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
Papopitoad said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Isn't it so obvious ?
Even the anime had cut half the novel i still surprise that people didn't realize that

I personally didn't realise that. Only hint that I saw was her reaction on Kuma but I honestly was thinking it will be revealed that they were dating in some point in real life and he just didn't recognize her.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 14, 2020 8:28 AM
Jun 2009
Papopitoad said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Isn't it so obvious ?

Me too, because I thought that it was obvious after 4th episode (after battle with Ogre).
Mar 14, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
Everyone's talking about Marie being PK or not...

But the real question is...

HOW DID SHE GET PASS THE BARRIER???

I am pretty sure all superiors are level 50+... Or are all PKers exempted from the Barrier rule?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 14, 2020 7:25 PM
Jun 2016
amlg said:

I am pretty sure all superiors are level 50+... Or are all PKers exempted from the Barrier rule?

Didn't she just introduce her superior job is death shadow ?
With it she can vanish from the world
So that the barrie can't effect to her
She even disapears from franklin radar
PapopitoadMar 14, 2020 7:31 PM
Mar 14, 2020 8:02 PM

May 2019
So they're crossing chess with cards? Interesting concept.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Nov 2019
When I heard superior killer i remember mc got PKd before, so she's that huh, I thought she was suspicious at first but yeah, why she even hang out with a player she kills
Apr 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Nov 2009
Papopitoad said:
amlg said:

Didn't she just introduce her superior job is death shadow ?
With it she can vanish from the world
So that the barrie can't effect to her
She even disapears from franklin radar

I thought that was just a "stealth" like rogues in RPGs, who knew it actually let you by-pass certain game mechanics.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 13, 2020 7:40 PM

Aug 2017
So, Marie Adler is really the Superior Killer, Im sure that she killed Ray before lol. Looks like she and the second princess of the kingdom are friends but their friendship is so poorly explained that I don't care at this point. What a forced explanation about the barrier.

What was the reason in the first place if those who are weak can pass? lmao. But it was a enjoyable episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 14, 2020 7:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ofc, this battle seems to be the kingdom rivalry in the middle of the real gladiator battle. Lets see how Ray handle this crazy shit started by random crazy doctor
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 2, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
I already had my hunch on who exactly Marie was but it is finally revealed no not the Superior Killer, the journalist of course!

May 23, 2023 9:51 PM

Oct 2022
Sure princess might die, but she might die if no one do anything anyway, so why not just go for it and hope for the best, better than to let the bad people do their plans.
Oct 23, 11:46 PM
Jan 2009
I get that this is a show and it has a plot, but Dr. Franklin's power is ludicrous in a game context. No game allows for a player to be stronger than an entire faction. Rather than this being high stakes, it just seems forced and dumb.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.