Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2019 5:55 PM
Aug 2018
Do we have information if the movie storyline is finished or will we be blessed with a continuation of the story?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 5, 2019 5:57 PM

Jan 2009
we do not know it depends on the profit this movie will make, i mean this was originally planned as a TV series but they got production problems and it became a movie instead
Oct 5, 2019 6:04 PM
Aug 2018
I mean, I personally enjoyed the show plenty, I hope others did as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

heres a big picture smh

Oct 6, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
It was good but lacking that something. The characters were great, I really hope we get a series

There was hinting at a continuation towards the end
Oct 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2009
Jese23 said:
It was good but lacking that something. The characters were great, I really hope we get a series

There was hinting at a continuation towards the end

It was planned as a series initially, but they decided to make a movie first and see how it goes.
Oct 7, 2019 8:49 PM

Sep 2015
It definitely would've been better as a series. I enjoyed it but it feels pretty incomplete, even aside from the open ending. The characters were good though. Rikka x Mia is a good ship.
Oct 9, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2015
The movie hasn’t really been performing well either in Japan or overseas, so if that was what they were testing, so far, not good. I really doubt the movie is going to pick up steam with time.

I will say, its only shot for a continuation will be merchandise sales, and with that I mean BD/DVD sales... If that fails, I don’t see anyone investing on this thing, be it the studio or an external party.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 10, 2019 4:53 PM
Mar 2018
I really hope this will get a sequel. The premise was really interesting and they set up getting to the "final boss" right at the end. The ending was too much of a tease, it'll be super disappointing if we're just left on it. As for the rest of the movie, I wish more would've been developed with the characters and such but for a 90 minute movie it's fine.
Oct 14, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2019
Personally, I’m torn as to whether or not I want a sequel or a series from this.

On one hand, I did like the premise and I thought it had a cool vibe. Rikka/ Lily was a cool main character, and the animation was solid. Plus, that cliffhanger ending was boss.

However....

We’ve already seen that our characters can dodge bullets endlessly by just running. We’ve seen that no amount of damage or attack will scathe them or take them out. Insanely powerful villains (like Lauren at the end) will just get nerfed when fighting Rikka so that she can overcome them and look cool.

So I mean, if that’s all that will happen, then honestly I’m not sure what a sequel or a series would even entail. Are that characters likeable enough on their own that it could justify the obviously contrived and predictable (although well- animated) fight scenes? Eh, personally I’m gonna say no (at least not at this time). Rikka might be the one exception.

A sequel or series would be cool, especially with that awesome cliffhanger, but with such ridiculously uneven power- scaling, idk if I’d ever feel any real tension from it.
Oct 15, 2019 9:23 AM
Aug 2018
Elisile said:
Personally, I’m torn as to whether or not I want a sequel or a series from this.

On one hand, I did like the premise and I thought it had a cool vibe. Rikka/ Lily was a cool main character, and the animation was solid. Plus, that cliffhanger ending was boss.

However....

We’ve already seen that our characters can dodge bullets endlessly by just running. We’ve seen that no amount of damage or attack will scathe them or take them out. Insanely powerful villains (like Lauren at the end) will just get nerfed when fighting Rikka so that she can overcome them and look cool.

So I mean, if that’s all that will happen, then honestly I’m not sure what a sequel or a series would even entail. Are that characters likeable enough on their own that it could justify the obviously contrived and predictable (although well- animated) fight scenes? Eh, personally I’m gonna say no (at least not at this time). Rikka might be the one exception.

A sequel or series would be cool, especially with that awesome cliffhanger, but with such ridiculously uneven power- scaling, idk if I’d ever feel any real tension from it.

As do most shows, but I loved the art style and characters, the ending on the movie was rather abrupt with the random introduction of some crazy ideas. but I liked it none the less.

heres a big picture smh

Oct 21, 2019 7:07 AM
Oct 2016
The ending felt like it needs a sequel. Or perhaps a TV series would do better? Regardless, i hope more for this.
Jan 10, 2020 1:19 PM
May 2016
I'm hoping for a full trilogy, just because I like Trilogies, and since the movie is essentially the first four episodes of what would've been a 12 episode series, it seems like a trilogy would be the case. I also like trilogies.

Though it does sadly depend on sales and such.
Jan 10, 2020 1:21 PM
May 2016
zero-r said:
The movie hasn’t really been performing well either in Japan or overseas, so if that was what they were testing, so far, not good. I really doubt the movie is going to pick up steam with time.

I will say, its only shot for a continuation will be merchandise sales, and with that I mean BD/DVD sales... If that fails, I don’t see anyone investing on this thing, be it the studio or an external party.

there's also a stage play and manga adaptation in development, and if those do well it might help
Feb 7, 2020 4:37 PM
Aug 2013
Is there any news about continuation of the anime movie Blackfox? Should we expect it to happen?
I really liked it and definitely want to see more.
Feb 7, 2020 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
you have to watch the tokusatsu drama spinoff to get the full story :^)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-20/blackfox-anime-gets-live-action-tokusatsu-drama-spinoff/.144751

as a rule of thumb, if there isnt any news on the reputable anime sites (mal, ann), there isn't any news period.
though the movie's title does seem to be warranting a sequel.. maybe 3hz already has it in the works.. or they canceled it because of poor reception of the original.. only time will tell
Feb 7, 2020 4:47 PM

Jul 2017
Apparently it was supposed to be a TV show from the start and changed into a movie, so idk if a sequel is even being considered lol

then again I really wouldn't care if it never got one. It was like if 91 Days suddenly got turned into a battle shounen halfway through and Angelo suddenly forgave everyone because of his nakama powers
Apr 17, 2020 8:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
If only this movie get more attention, second movie will come out soon.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 21, 2020 10:37 PM
Aug 2013
I hope it will get more popularity then
Sep 21, 2022 5:01 AM
Aug 2015
Nice movie and lovely characters. I'd watch a show of this.
May 27, 2023 6:14 PM
Jun 2015
Man a 24 episode version of this would be amazing. First 12 episodes could be a way more fleshed out version of this movie where they go in depth on characters other than Rikka, and last 12 eps could be like a part 2 covering what this movie's open ending leads to
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Jul 2010
Just discovered this little gem of a movie. I gave it a solid 8. What I liked, though, was the family drama of the shinobi clan and the entire mix between old and new. I don't think it is possible to extend this with the current finale. What we might get is a story that lets us know more about Melissa, but to be fair, she was the one I almost couldn't stand. Hence, I don't think I can handle more of her LOL. The overall feeling I get is that they were watching RWBY a lot when they through about the premise and said 'let's make a RWBY story, but in Japan'. Anyone else feeling the (at least visual) similarities? I am thinking about the older gen, not the actual RWBY group.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Fox Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

120 by portajohn »»
Aug 2, 7:01 AM

» Black Fox Movie Soundtrack?

barricuda - Oct 5, 2019

7 by mclovin_san »»
Nov 30, 2021 4:09 PM

» So what's the deal with this Live Action BLACKFOX?

FateHero - Nov 30, 2019

0 by FateHero »»
Nov 30, 2019 10:09 PM

» Crunchyroll's page lists it with "Simulcast on Fridays 10:00am MDT"

Jaces_Sanctum - Oct 4, 2019

0 by Jaces_Sanctum »»
Oct 4, 2019 10:59 PM

» BLACKFOX Special Preview on Crunchyroll!

TokyoFate - Sep 27, 2019

12 by ariesclark »»
Oct 2, 2019 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.