Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2016 8:14 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ending! Minoru returned to ordinary life and now has an ordinary job. I'm sort of sad that everything is so normal. I did love how things from his former line of work sort of followed him though-- especially Alice. She is adorable and appears every once a week to buy akb related goods and maybe walk home with Minoru from time to time?! Still way too cute.

Thought AkiP's visit was really funny. He buys so much jagariko. Actually offers Minoru a management job recommendation and then refers to the akb girls as jagariko too.

Aphrodite gets it on with Raul. Okabe is successful and honest to her roots now. AKB continues without Minori.

One regret I feel is the lack of post-exposure interaction with Hiroko. Minoru now is just "another one of Yoshinaga Hiroko's many fans." Minori has definitely impacted Hiroko, but it's a mystery whether the two ever meet now that Yoshinaga is the center and living her dream.

I think Hiroko wants to bring Minori back every once in a while and Takamina is in approval but everyone else not as much.

I wish there was a more clear cut ending to these relationships, but this is anime/manga in general. It was a fun read these past few years!!!!! Cheers.
Jan 26, 2016 2:45 AM

Feb 2014
I was hoping that Hiroko and Minoru would become a couple. But dating is considered a taboo for idol. But still, I want to see their interactions and conversations.
Apr 15, 2016 12:16 AM

Mar 2015
I'm a little confused by the ending, does Minoru's sister perform as him or does she perform as herself? I like to think he eventually gets a mangerial job at AKB48 after a lot of persuasion. And how does Hiroko feel about Minoru/Minori now?
Apr 18, 2016 12:03 AM

Sep 2009
Iritails said:
I'm a little confused by the ending, does Minoru's sister perform as him or does she perform as herself? I like to think he eventually gets a mangerial job at AKB48 after a lot of persuasion. And how does Hiroko feel about Minoru/Minori now?

Minoru's sister does not become an idol. I would personally think that she would be more traumatized of idols after finding the truth about her brother! The person at the end wearing Minori's wig is Hiroko, so you can sort of infer her feelings there. It's all mostly open-ended.

After reading the ending again, Alice still the cutest.
Apr 23, 2016 5:14 PM
Apr 2016
Where you read that chapter >?
Nov 25, 2016 4:08 AM
Nov 2016
is there chapter 218?? does this manga still running? i really wanna know what happen after chapter 217
Apr 14, 2017 2:23 PM

Nov 2015
kae2 said:
is there chapter 218?? does this manga still running? i really wanna know what happen after chapter 217

My guess is that the translation group dropped it after 217 and the posts at the top are about the completed Japanese release.
May 27, 2017 9:11 PM

Sep 2013
Rushed through the last 40 chapters since I've got exams coming up and I'd be fked if this was still on my mind. Feel like he proably should've consulted Aki-P, but I didn't exactly read the thing properly. My japs' a bit too poor to read manga efficiently.
Swear Hiroko and Minoru's sister look so similar.

Good man Aki-P for saving Minoru's life (career). He pretty much threw away any alternate career oppurtunites to pursue being an idol. Shame he can't be an international star :'(
Oct 10, 2017 1:36 PM
Oct 2017
What the crap?!?!?!?
That's how they're going to leave off?
She showed that she still respected him...her...whatever... but do they still talk?
Does he take the position at AKB48???
I have questions!!!!
I want answers!!!!!

But I'll never get them :(
Jan 15, 2018 2:52 PM
Jan 2018
If he wanted to continue to be an idol he could be a male idol or sell himself as a cross dressing idol with the benefit of being trained by AKB. Possibly in other, less prestigious venues. He could probably start his own group of cross dressing idols as he knows exactly how to do it. Also he could probably teach dance and singing anywhere. Or accept the manager position. It's just a waste all that AKB experience. Also it's his sister who planted in his head that he should go back to a normal job when she speaks with him in his room.
jafurchaJan 16, 2018 6:29 PM
Jan 30, 2019 12:29 PM

Jan 2015
I hated the ending what happened with yoshinaga? From the start I always read it for 1 purpose only is he gonna have a happy ending with Yoshigana. I mean later on alice and okabe appeared and made me even more curious but eventhough i read the ending I feel dissatisfied there isnt even a clear indication of who he dated or if je even dated anyone. This is just bs. At least make an after story to show his life later on. I admit that there are things that must be left to reader interpreation but this is not one of them. You could leave his future a mystery you could leave main plot a mystery but you never leave his relationship status a mystery. That is just plain taboo.
Apr 24, 2019 8:32 AM
Dec 2018
I"m kinda disappointed with the ending :(
The ending really destroyed the whole momentum and tension built up beforehand, and it just turned out as lame and "blegh"
I had hoped for a better ending ;(
but still overall amazing and interesting manga
u feel me?
Aug 11, 2019 5:48 PM
Aug 2019
For me the ending is satisfiying but not much; as everyone of you said "his relationship status is a mistery", i agree with you there. That the ending left us a little like of a cliffhanger; for me the ending indicates that there could be an AKB49 after story where Minoru can be Minori again but as a special idol for AKB Anniversary (where his sister over came her trauma and let her brother do what he loves) and perform for that event only as to give respect and love for the original Minori.
K47Aug 11, 2019 5:55 PM
Aug 15, 2019 9:31 PM
Mar 2019
The ending was subtly a happy ending. Almost got me off guard because there was no more interaction, not even from Takamina who trusted Minoru a lot since the start (they even wanted to talk about it after the performance right?), nor from Hiroko (no more talks? That's it?)

I'm happy that Aphrodite came in and saved Minoru (I was anxious about it because she felt so angry at first, thanks Okabe's mom!), and every fan including his teacher never spread the word. I really thank these fictional people for saving the one who motivated AKB, SKE, NMB, and HKT to the fullest with everything he got.

I hope there's a follow up chapter with confessions of some sort, because that's the biggest plot hole!

Overall, great and subtle ending.
P.S. Alice was really never stopping at chasing Minoru, eh?
Aug 15, 2019 9:32 PM
Mar 2019
tamchihin said:
I"m kinda disappointed with the ending :(
The ending really destroyed the whole momentum and tension built up beforehand, and it just turned out as lame and "blegh"
I had hoped for a better ending ;(
but still overall amazing and interesting manga
u feel me?

Very interesting manga. Made me learn about 48G, Shukan Bunshun, the groups and the members...the ending was really bummer. No more interactions nor a full confession scene with Takamina?
Aug 19, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2019
Pretty sure there is an epilogue chapter (hopefully) because on MAL it says /263 and we only got up to 262. Or am I missing something?

Giving this an 8 because the ending could have been better. Will change if there is an epilogue chapter and it's good.
Aug 19, 2019 9:57 PM
Sep 2017
Very rarely I post on here but I really cant feel a sense of completion from this if I dont shout my opinions into the void.

Like holy fuck this is probably one of the most unsatisfyingly satisfying endings I've read or even from any type of medium. Like everything makes logical sense, once he quit, he's probably studying or something to get into U and working a part time job and live a normal life to avoid getting recognized and whatnot but idk.

Maybe instead this last chapter be a 40 page special showing him accepting the producers offer and being all like "I'm back girls!" Type of deal but then again although it would satisfy me, it doesn't really make sense story and character wise.

And then there is the romantic plot which are always, in any story where multiple girls are candidates, left ambiguous for the fans to decide and it would make sense he couldn't get together yet with the main interest cause she's still an idol. But I'd still would've liked to have seen the cap's reaction to her love actually not being a girl after fighting it for so long even though I know it was used as a comedic device throughout. And I'm also curious as to if Okabe ever found out he was a dude and is another response I would have liked to have seen explored.

Just all in all, as with most manga, endings could always use some work. If only mangaka could be as adept at ending a manga as they are at starting one but I'd imagine that's impossible as they have a lot more practice with starting one and very rarely do they even think of ending something that is being serialized. But I still really enjoyed this series and watching the mishaps and trials my boi had to go through.

Also, how da fuck do you hid your buldge for 4 years...
Aug 21, 2019 2:28 AM

Dec 2009
Extremely disappointing cliff-hanger ending. Great drama to his identity being revealed but to see nothing of a grand epilogue compared to what we got was very lackluster.
All this time since first reading this story, I thought it was going to fall back to the core of romance but somehow all of that died with no sign of its future...
Horrible. ... In the end, he's working in a shop... isn't becoming a male idol instead, kept his identity safe... but never got his romance with Hiroko or Ai... who knows if more would have loved him as a guy.

I wish I would have seen him become a male idol instead and continue to be friends with AKB49 but they didn't show any of that...
Aug 21, 2019 6:42 AM
Oct 2014
The_News_Guy said:
Pretty sure there is an epilogue chapter (hopefully) because on MAL it says /263 and we only got up to 262. Or am I missing something?

Giving this an 8 because the ending could have been better. Will change if there is an epilogue chapter and it's good.

The extra chapter is a side chapter somewhere in Volume 7.
262 is the final chapter, MAL just counts the total amount of chapters.
Aug 25, 2019 8:19 AM
Aug 2019
After all of that tension... this is what i hate about the end of story neither sad or happy.. at least ship him with alice argh....
Oct 28, 2019 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
animefc22 said:
After all of that tension... this is what i hate about the end of story neither sad or happy.. at least ship him with alice argh....

Yeah, at least we ship both of them. I just with this finale was much less rushed and had more, like, 3 to 5 chapters to set everything up :(

I feel kinda betrayed with this finale after so many time invested reading this and getting involved with the story argh
Nov 2, 2019 5:37 AM
Nov 2019
I agreed with most of the people who gave 'not satisfied ending but probably necessary(?)' because there a lot of plot hole around 5-6 chapters before the final one.

Most of it is about Alice, when Alice realized something wrong behind the stage, she volunteer herself to buy some time meanwhile the others AKB member's looking for Minoru/Minori, it seem like Alice both hearing is gone since the backstage crew (I forgot her name), talking with Alice but she gave no respond until she start typing it in her phone (or maybe Alice forgot to bring her hearing aid). Moreover, after Alice finish her performance, Minori/Minoru saying that he want to talk with Alice after the graduation concert over but we never see this happen. At the end of the chapter, for some reason Alice regain her hearing back (probably on her left ear only) since I kinda see her showing her left ear while talking with Minoru/Minori at the convenient store.

Again, we don't what happen to Alice life after the time skip (4 months). Most of the main and side characters has their own career to focus on but not Alice. Alice probably become a normal teenager who start a normal life in a normal school or maybe she start back becoming an idol despite some of people would not support her because of the bad rumor she created. Actually, if Alice really just a normal teenager, they can work out together with Minori/Minoru since both of them no longer involved in the showbiz world. But of course that probably wont happen because Minori/Minoru really devoted himself to Yoshinaga.

For me, the main reason why I'm not satisfied with the ending is because we don't know what exactly happen to Alice. At least before the end of the chapter, show a bit of what becoming to Alice since she kind of play the biggest role, especially in the Yoshinaga scandal arc.
Chara_DreemurNov 2, 2019 5:42 AM
Nov 10, 2019 12:04 PM
Nov 2010
You think he would of had a good bit of money saved up with not only being a popular diol but also an international movie star. I just wish we had more stuff going on after the graduation, like him explaining everything.

I also would love to see him hook up with Road who appears to still be hard core gunning for him
Dec 23, 2019 3:07 AM
May 2017
Well ....

There is still something missing at the end of the story And i don't know what is it. It's like, the whole story is like a dream. Like, i just read a single chapter.

Note:
sorry for my bad English
Jan 16, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2013
I really liked the story as a whole i just felt like the ending was a bit underwhelming, i expected a bit more from the epilogue.
Still i'm glad i was finally able to finish ^^
Dec 12, 2021 1:19 PM
Dec 2021
I'm very satisfied with the ending, happy but sad because I'm so glad the characters have moved on and are now pushing forward and working hard with their own lives, but I want to see more... This is an obscure and old manga, but I love idols and crossdressing, people working their hardest, giving all their heart into one thing wanting to achieve it no matter what is admirable.

I never started this manga expecting a romance like some of the people here who left a bad rating. Minoru/Minori truly left an impression on me and I hope he enjoyed his 4 years in AKB. At first, he only joined for Hiroko, but now I think he really loved being an idol. I hope Miyajima-sensei would ever do another crossdressing series because I like seeing guys embracing feminity (but not in the BL kind of way, that kind of stuff is a little icky because it just seems like the female mangakas just write a projection of themselves and call it a guy). /lh

Something I've been wondering for a while though is now that Minoru/Minori is officially done with the showbiz, what's he gonna do with Aphrodite's film? The one that he and Okabe auditioned for. That seemed like an awful lot of work for nothing.

Overall, I'll be missing this series and definitely be re-reading it, but it feels really old so much that I might feel emotional over it so I'm gonna have to wait a little before that.
Keertana69Dec 12, 2021 1:25 PM
Jun 2, 2022 12:12 AM

Apr 2019
I wanted the ending to be better. Honestly, it could've been better. Way better. Regardless, this was very fun to read and it'd probably be on my favorite list for a while.
Sep 12, 2023 10:26 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2019:

Oct 4, 2023 11:53 PM

Sep 2013
When I read this the first time I stopped at 232 because that was how many chapters were out. I picked it back up about a week ago to finally finish it for good and I wasn't happy about the ending. It's missing closure. What happened between Minoru and the other members? What happened between Minoru and Hiroko? Is he really just going to go take a college entrance exam?

I was pissed. But then I was reading around. I want to pull in some points for everyone's consideration -- I think I have a good understanding on the post-262 environment. Major things to consider:

1) The quick mart scene is 4 months following graduation. For some people, this is just slightly more than a summer break during school years. It's not a long time at all, and certainly not long time enough to figure out next steps in a career or life at that age (imo). Minoru may go back to the entertainment industry, he might pursue college, we don't really know since he's "going with the flow" right now and will see what happens

2) Minoru will always have a job with AKB48. Aki-P will 100% vouch for him or more likely than that, just straight hire Minoru if he chooses to come back. He is a world-famous, experienced idol, leader, and has experienced the production side of the entertainment industry for theater, television, music, and more. I guarantee that he has a position and would be welcome back any time. One more thing to add is that he loves the stage and he loves cultivating talent. He would excel as a producer, manager, or an idol as we have already seen.

3) Minoru is wealthy. It doesn't matter if he's working at a gas station, convenience store, or homeless. He traveled the world as a world-class star, appeared in music videos and programming alongside a world famous performer, and prior to that had 3 full years of salary in AKB48. Minoru likely doesn't have to work a day in his life again based on those 4 years of idol activity.

4) Minoru is still friends with his co-AKB48 members and they don't hate him. In 262, Takamina is performing alongside Minori, and then in 262.5 we see Takamina's graduation, which occurred after Minori's graduation. Since Minori shows up to Takamina's graduation, and we see that they are still friends and like each other, it is evident that they all stayed in touch, probably hung out regularly, and remained good friends. For more consideration, his friends do not turn on him after he is revealed to be Minoru and actively support and continue to cherish him (such as when Hiroko comes out in a wig in 262 as a tribute).

5) Finally, while Hiroko and Minoru did not get together in the end, she is still an idol by the time that the manga ends and she also previously expressed her love for Minoru. Hiroko cannot openly love anyone while she is still an idol, but no one stays an idol forever. Hiroko seals off her love for Minoru after finding out that he is Kurokami, but my thought is that upon her graduation they may get together as she would no longer be bound by those rules, self-imposed or not.

After thinking about these pieces of evidence we are presented during the series, and 262.5, my conclusion is that it was an good ending. There are definitely things that we don't see that I would have liked to see on paper, but I think that, while it was ambiguously presented in certain facets, the ending was satisfying for me.
MaxLemonOct 5, 2023 12:21 AM
Jun 18, 1:00 PM
Aug 2021
Despite the plot holes, conveniences and other faults you could point out, this was truly and a breathtaking conclusion to, for better or for worse, one of the most unique manga I’ve ever read, this got me hooked and addicted like I haven’t been in any media for a great while, and I’m beyond thankful I found about it and read it. This was such an amazing experience to go through I’m almost without words to express just how much and why I got invested in this story, but oh well, time to find the next masterpiece that’ll keep me in the verge of crying. (But on that plot hole part, we’ll seriously have no conclusion whatsoever to the sister character, really? After she had been introduced so late in the game too, she served her purpose and then left? Aside from that the other things really didn’t bother me much)

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei Chapter 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 10, 1:26 PM

Poll: » AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

4 by -DxP- »»
Jan 9, 1:49 PM

Poll: » AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei Chapter 121 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

13 by -DxP- »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei Chapter 120 Discussion

Rexzazel - Mar 19, 2013

5 by -DxP- »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei Chapter 63 Discussion

PirateKingz - Jul 15, 2012

10 by -DxP- »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.