Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, looks like it's almost exam day. Personally, I thought the mood of this episode had a moody feel to it.

I was not expecting to see piano playing in the forest either.
Feb 10, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Beautiful episode, Grea is just perfect!
Feb 10, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
We got.to see a couple of side characters that are probably insignificant. Anne is such a needy character.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 10, 2019 12:40 PM

May 2018
oh it was jaz Anne sulking cu'z she was just very good and doesn't have to study cu'z she can ace the exam easily while her friend (or lover) Grea has to study and can't be with her,,,,,,damn lesbians.
Feb 10, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2016
Oh, this was a nice episode, really atmospheric.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Oct 2017
Damn, didn't expect such a feel-y episode!
Feb 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2017
Once again I have to marvel at how different these past two episodes are from the first two. The old "Madoka Magica three-episode test" continues to be a solid benchmark years later. I'm very glad we didn't get a "tomodachi-bomb" this episode, it gives me hope. From yuri boats to yuri pianos!

The art (especially the light) during those scenes has been really pretty as well. I really liked when Grea came up and saw Anne sitting alone at the piano, and we got that long shot where the sun came out from behind the clouds and illuminated the area in those warm, comfortable tones, really a nice way to symbolize the end of the lonely test-taking and the beginning of Anne and Grea being together again <3
Feb 10, 2019 6:07 PM

Sep 2015
No much happened but it felt like they told a beautiful story. The Melancholy of Princess Anne.

But to be honest anyone would get depressed if deprived from its Dragon Waifu.
Feb 10, 2019 6:15 PM

May 2018
I wouldn't say it was relaxing or atmospheric, it just seems they're not putting much of an effort to build up the plot. It was kinda beautiful and all, but it looks like half-ass lazy writing to me. Perhaps it would be better if this were straight up yuri. 2/5

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 10, 2019 8:41 PM

Oct 2012
Not that this was particularly deep but it would be nice if more animators realized how much can be communicated with just images and sound. I guess with anime there's particular pressure on the dialogue it's adapting, so quiet scenes are hard to put in place since so many series already have to make due with cuts to the source material.
Feb 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Dec 2018
Hands down this is the most gorgeous anime, in every aspect, this season (so far most gorgeous anime 2019). Art, music, environment, atmosphere, character design, voice acting and everything else is just gorgeouzzz.

We also are getting characterization for Anne, so that we know why exactly she fell in love with Grea. We might get vise versa later.
Feb 10, 2019 11:01 PM

Mar 2014
so they both fell in love by the first glance when ann met with grea.
Feb 11, 2019 4:22 AM

May 2014
It was love at first sight! How cute!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 11, 2019 7:46 AM
Mar 2017
Grea and Anne are the best couple, this anime has cured my depression since Yagate Kimi ni Naru ended.
Grea looked very elegant playing the piano and Anne so cute and adorable dancing with the music that Grea plays.
The girls enter examination period and Grea and Anne can not meet so often for their studies.
Anne is very intelligent, but is still very difficult to understand her teachings.
Seeing Anne sad for feeling lonely made me feel devastated, She is a very capable and very skilled girl, but even so, seeing how the other students study together made her feel lonely and Grea did not accept Anne's help, which made her feel sad.
Apparently Grea also felt lonely without Anne, their reunion was so emotional, to hear Anne say "I miss you" I felt very sorry for her, because she said it in a very sad tone.
The flashback of when Anne and Grea met for the first time was beautiful, apparently both have that moment as something very special, both fell in love at first sight.
I must admit that this episode shined in all aspects, the atmosphere, the lighting, the colors and the music, everything came together and formed a very melancholic atmosphere, to end with a long-awaited meeting.

The name of the next episode gave me a bad feeling, I hope nothing bad happens, especially to Anne and Grea.
Feb 11, 2019 10:53 AM
Mar 2018
Stark700 said:

Hmm, looks like it's almost exam day. Personally, I thought the mood of this episode had a moody feel to it.

I was not expecting to see piano playing in the forest either.

I wouldn't call it moody and more atmospheric, like more calm than tragic. So far this is a very sparkly and calm show, almost unike the first episode. And compared to other Yuri anime it also has more of a bromance feel to it.

But aside the piano play, which could've been better if they just teamed up for some moody jazz, I was more amazed with that there were forks...

Also, is this CGI animation? Because it sometimes vaguely looks like CGI. But very subtly.
Feb 11, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
Grea is too pure for this world!

I felt bad for Anne in this episode. Like her being super smart ended up being a draw back, which I would be upset too if my friends basically didnt want to hang out with me or even study with me.

Really beautiful episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
salbery755 said:
Grea and Anne are the best couple, this anime has cured my depression since Yagate Kimi ni Naru ended.

I must say, I am totally agree with you!

Anne seems more dependent on their relationship than Grea
Feb 12, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2019
Does anyone know the piano tune at the end?
Feb 12, 2019 8:53 PM

Apr 2012
Come on, I'm really hoping for the story to pick up and get to something good plot wise. The narrative is really getting repetitive with Anne and Grea on board the yuriboat doing cute stuff. At some point all this "tension" has to be unloaded and realized or else this entire anime would be a complete bust.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 16, 2019 2:38 AM

Feb 2007
The hard life of a genius... And we finally get a glimpse of their first meeting, I guess.
Feb 19, 2019 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
such a peaceful episode I also got sleepy for real!
and the visuals are exemplar!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2009
It's not easy to be good in everything, but in the end the princess could enjoy her time with Grea again
Mar 9, 2019 5:28 PM

Aug 2017
Boring characters.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 13, 2019 1:22 PM

Oct 2017
The music and art in this episode was amazing. Loved getting to know how the two of them met in this episode.
Mar 21, 2019 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, this was actually a pretty nice episode.

The cinematography was beautifully handled and the backgrounds were impressive as expected.

It also seems that Anne, despite being popular and smart, just has Grea as her only close friend, which is a bit sad but I guess she will be fine as long as Grea remains by her side.

Overall, it was very gorgeous episode and my favorite one so far.
Sep 5, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2015
Anne seemed quite lonely, the guard could have approached her and talked to her even if it is something that is out of his line of duty

Jan 16, 2020 1:49 AM

Mar 2017
Indeed, being good at everything makes you lonely :< you can't blend in with everyone. Sulking Anne was adorable.

Awww both of them were awestruck when they first saw each other ////

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 15, 2020 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful episode, the sounds and lack of dialogue made it and me feel really calm.
Aug 9, 2020 6:10 PM
May 2020
The animation and soundtrack in this anime are incredible...

But the lack of plot annoys me a bit
May 28, 2021 3:25 AM

Feb 2020
Beautiful and atmospheric episode.

Poor Anne felt lonely due to her exam time. She didn't have time for Grae.

SerafosMay 18, 8:50 PM
Sep 28, 2021 4:01 PM
Apr 2017
Very wholesome episode.
Apr 25, 2022 11:49 PM

Sep 2018
I did not expect Manaria Friends to be this charming, beautiful directing and it looks wonderful as well. I'm liking this more than Genesis and far more than Virgin Soul lol
Jul 21, 2023 6:46 PM

Oct 2022
I didn't understand the parts where Anne then Grea went alone to the abandoned place, with the piano out in the rain. Grr that bit made me angry, I felt for that piano. Yet it stays perfectly in tune. Also why is there an abandoned part of the school that isn't exactly fenced off.. Speaking of the school, the dorm rooms these girls have are larger than my entire condo. For each student to have a room that size, the building would have to be probably a mile long. Like Ceaucescu's palace...
It's still a wonderful place to imagine, and the rooms in the glow of the moonlight are so beautiful. Anne and Grea don't like being apart from each other, and their beds are big enough for 4 people. The solution is obvious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2019

36 by Avactorin »»
Feb 13, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2019

64 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 28, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KanonDE - Dec 16, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2019

30 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2019

51 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.