Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2019 12:17 PM
Jul 2019

.... huh, no, not "facts", the reception was actually decent... as you just agreed with. Dont let a couple bad takes on a forum make you think they represent a consensus when they're a loud minority and do similar takes to 90% seasonal anime, thats how echochambers start so dont do that, your opinion is the popular one, so dont worry. Like, even here the dislikes weren't even 10% of the whole thing, and people who dislike always vote more and are more vocal so that says a lot.
MGemergencyfilesDec 23, 2019 12:20 PM
Dec 23, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2017
MGemergencyfiles said:
.... huh, no, not "facts", the reception was actually decent... as you just agreed with. Dont let a couple bad takes on a forum make you think they represent a consensus when they're a loud minority and do similar takes to 90% seasonal anime, thats how echochambers start so dont do that, your opinion is the popular one, so dont worry. Like, even here the dislikes weren't even 10% of the whole thing, and people who dislike always vote more and are more vocal so that says a lot.
Well, whatever you say dude 👍
Dec 24, 2019 2:01 AM
Mar 2012
Mostly funny stuff, some humor on the weird side as usual. A few fight sequences are great, not sure all the stills are for dialogue trolling or what.
Main gang are fun, but at times their 1d personality holds the comedy & plot back. Feels author intentionally blocks any large plot progression or character growth. Some comedy works fine like that, but here it's more an annoying obstacle.
Clause the exploiting manager is like the real final villain.
Dec 25, 2019 4:52 AM

Mar 2011
Dudi4PoLFr said:
IMHO I was expecting something way better from the creator of Kobosuba, also that final fight was mostly done in PowerPoint :(

5/10 would not watch again.

I think the opposite, this is exactly the sort of thing I would expect from Konosuba.

No real plot, just stupid characters repeating the same silly quirks and gags every episode. Exactly like Konosuba was.

It's silly and fun and worth a watch once and I agree it's not worth watching again (probably why I found Konosuba's second season super boring).

It's not a show you will enjoy more than once if you can't laugh at the same joke a million times over but that isn't a bad thing.

For what it is 7/10 for me.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 26, 2019 2:33 PM

Mar 2017
I honestly enjoyed the strange humour of this show.
It was a decent show overall.

6/10
Dec 26, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2019
A pro wrestler who loves animals gets isekai'd. First episode was decent, but it very soon became the same repetitive jokes of animal rape, and the main character just became irritating, perhaps in part because I do not like wrestling at all. I find wrestling and it's fans idiotic and that stupid announcer voice they do in Japan is so annoying. I was actually going to give this a 4, but as I type this out I think I'm convincing myself into giving it a 3. My main reason for not doing so is episode 6, by far the best episode of the series and the only one to not really feature Genzou. I wish episode 6 was the entire show, but instead we get this garbage. I'm being too harsh, it wasn't really bad, it just ended up being sort of meh. A comedy that's rarely funny. Dragon girl best girl.
Dec 28, 2019 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
I originally came for some isekai-style pro wrestle battles but I instantly got dissapointed since the first episode with those static pictures. I was really hoping for a satisfying battle in this last episode and well it was "improved but would be better" one (yeah I know that the main premise is the comedy but I was still pumped by Hinomaruzumo even if it was already finished). Even so, I really liked the characters (great job from the Konosuba author).
Jan 1, 2020 1:42 AM

Jan 2014
Slightly funny in the beginning but the 'comedy' got old fast and to the point of annoyingly bad. Story was crap, only interesting character was Hanako but not enough of her to save this show, overall a weak 4/10 for me. My thx to 'fast forward' mode so i could manage to 'complete' this one.
Jan 3, 2020 12:05 AM

Jan 2012
Helluva fight, and a return to the status quo, more or less. This was a pretty good series for me. As a comedy much of its charm comes from the gags and some worked better than others. I always got a kick out of the ntr with the dog woman gag for instance. The one about all the prize money being spent on food and repairs just felt like going through the motions in this final episode though. Been there, done that kinda thing, ya know? Very repetitive in that regard so your enjoyment will definitely be affected by how much that bothers you. It didn't bother me that much as I'm gonna give this a solid 7/10. Though I will also say Konosuba, the author's other work with which I'm familiar, was much better.

Oh, and ant-bro Jeeg was easily the best character. XD
Jan 3, 2020 5:31 PM
Dec 2014
The show had some decent humor but the whole animal loving thing was bit weird and kinda got repetitive towards the end. Also I expected much better animation from the last episode, basically more then half the battle was just still shots. Love carmila, wish she got treated more then just a joke char tbh.
Jan 7, 2020 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
wasnt enjoyable IMHO. the manga is way funnier than the anime. most of the scenes were boring talk scenes, and the actions scenes looked like boring talk scenes too i guess.

even though i sort of jumped around in the manga, im pretty sure both are in its own separate world i guess, as the manga starts of somewhere else...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 14, 2020 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
Stupid but enjoyable 7/10

Jan 26, 2020 6:49 PM
Jun 2013
yea the princess officially is getting turned on by this. lol they finally said hes a moron and they just say shut up its to late. The second everyone started fighting I knew they would be paying out the ass. I enjoyed this show and I kind of want more. I wonder if there is more material.
Jan 29, 2020 7:32 PM
Jan 2017
The 1st 3 episoes of this anime were pretty bad but thankfully it seems to turned around. As I said before I didnt care for some of teh running gags like Genyo punching others every time he said animal killer and not even bothering to give an alternative nick name.
but that doenst mean this wasnt funny. some of the running gags were good like how he kept coming back to Wolfgang and his sister every time was hilarious. and Some of the other jokes in it were good to Ok.
And as a furry i Looove to see an anime with more beast men. Cause heck soo many animes have pervs lusting after some girl in cat ears w/ a tail and think thats all good but a full on beastman like Wolfgang now thats some character type that needed waaay more love so Im glad this show got signficantly better with time
overall 8 Wolfgang Submission holds outta 10
Jan 31, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2016
Lmfao well, that ended for them about as best as could be expected. Not surprised they didn't make any money.

It's nice that MAO and Genzo made friends though.
Feb 1, 2020 7:35 PM

May 2009
Fun show with occasional bursts of awesome animation. 7/10.
I see many people are butthurt that it wasn't another bland haremshit with selfinsert MC./
Genzo is perfect as he is. Deal with it.
Feb 1, 2020 8:13 PM

Mar 2014
Antbro has a name!
Seriously enjoyed this entire show
Feb 3, 2020 3:17 AM

Dec 2008
Though the animation quality was a tad better and with hotter broads than Mao Retry, both that show and this one almost ruined the whole isekai rpg genre. FFS, these have been the worst two days in anime viewing history I can remember in almost 20 years. Too many missed chances for true ecchi, no murder bandity in an rpg world...*Sighs * 4/10 just because this mess of a show had two or three laughs that were good and the last 30 seconds of the outro theme were enjoyable.
AnchientProphet2Feb 3, 2020 3:30 AM
Feb 9, 2020 1:02 PM

Jun 2013
Isekai animes are becoming so lame these days. This one started out interesting but ended up being unfunny shit. The anime literally had no story and neither of the characters had any real purpose to be together. Genzo's character started out comical but ended up being quite obnoxious and boring along his creepy obsession for animals. I guess Shigure was the only one whom I actually liked. Honestly I also liked the Mao threesome more because they had something in common unlike Hero foursome.
I-JitsuFeb 9, 2020 1:06 PM
Mar 27, 2020 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
To think such a small creature can cause so much chaos, but hiroyuki can't outshine the real hero, Jeeg

This series sure had some wacky humor, but some jokes were a bit too repetitive. Also Genzou's personality kind of got irritating for having no common sense.

Some parts felt kind of boring where I wished they showed some more fight scenes or Genzou and the gang interacting with some animal at least.

May 13, 2020 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
It lost its charm around Episode 8. Then it was really repetitive.

I really wanted to see Hanako's dragon power/ transformation. I like a girl that can eat but man she just overdid it.

The wrestling match was underwhelming..

I gotta say the Ant was probably the best character..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 16, 2020 3:00 AM

May 2020
It's completely end now. Well at least it is semi-happy ending. Same writer as Konosuba but still can't beat the masterpiece. Deeply thanks to Akatsuki-san for this series. Was so much fun in this anime. Last episode is really entertaining and enjoyable.
May 16, 2020 3:01 AM

May 2020
Rasco said:
It lost its charm around Episode 8. Then it was really repetitive.

I really wanted to see Hanako's dragon power/ transformation. I like a girl that can eat but man she just overdid it.

The wrestling match was underwhelming..

I gotta say the Ant was probably the best character..

I'm agree with you bro. Ant-man is the stronger man ever. Maybe he can compared as Genos when working in the house.
Jul 12, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2012
A wrestling isekai, well we are sure thinking the isekai setting more and more but tbh it's not all too bad and actually enjoyable from time to time

Nothing special or unique either but fun yes it sure was fun!
Aug 19, 2020 6:50 AM

Nov 2019
A consistently fun isekai/sports parody/SoL without any sort of twists or unexpected developments. Perhaps a bit heavy on the ecchi though.

Only thing odd about it is that it aired in the same season as Shinchou Yuusha... which could make it look subpar by comparison.
Feb 23, 2021 5:57 PM

May 2018
Not the best show, but Jeeg was the best character, by far!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jul 28, 2021 7:17 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Enjoyable series, really. As a wrestling isekai, this anime was quite something. Sometimes, the characters get a bit obnoxious because of their idiosyncrasies becoming way too repetitive.

I'm actually surprised that Shirihime....err....Princess Altena developed a masochism fetish after all the humiliation and pain she's gone through. Having been on the receiving end of Genzo's wrestling moves, she can still stand up every single time. Is it because her body is just that durable that she can withstand being assaulted? :P

That final wrestling match between Kemona Mask vs. MAO had its ups & downs. The first parts of the match had still images while the two wrestlers were having a banter in the ring. But the climax of the wrestling match suddenly had awesome animation, lol.

Some of the things in this series have become repetitive and that is surely never going to change in an anime such as this. And they're back to their usual days of taking quests to earn money to pay all their debts. Whoopie... *monotone voice*

7/10 from me and I think that's good enough.
LunyRemJul 29, 2021 6:32 PM
Mar 21, 2022 2:34 AM

Jul 2019
And so it ends. It was surprisingly funny, even though Genzo's "charm" wore of kinda quickly.

First point first: Misha looks hot in that leotard! (っ♡ω♡)っ

Antman (Jeeg? Really?) is as reliable as ever, defending Hiroyuki and fighting a bunch of assailants. Go, antman!

MAO panicking and beating up all the animals made me laugh. (Punch out a lion and an elephant? Sure. How about a tiny dog? No, let's scream like a little kid instead!)

Rose shows how classy she can be. "Baka! Baka!" That's an Elder vampire for you.

I'm impressed with how fast Clause can come up with the bill for the damages.
Mar 26, 2023 11:40 AM

Mar 2018
This show was great for some casual laughs. Lots of fan service and repetition but I really enjoyed how ridiculous it was. Not a show for the stuck up elite anime watchers but a great guilty pleasure show
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
May 18, 2023 5:35 AM
Apr 2023
Good for casual watch
Jul 13, 2023 8:20 AM
Mar 2021
This episode about fighting between Mou and Animal mask is funny and good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

181 by rhythmico »»
Apr 12, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

39 by kdushxbdbejw »»
Nov 22, 2023 12:11 AM

» any romance in this anime?

Stoorainclaire - Dec 30, 2019

2 by provat_haque »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

49 by GooseHybrid »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

67 by JesanPerhaps1 »»
May 22, 2023 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.