Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 11:14 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fantastic episode. The direction, art, scenario and overall atmosphere are all out of this world. The accusation scene by Kyougokudo was unbelievably well directed and powerful. Oh and I forgot the great cliffhanger. Just fantastic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 11, 2009 11:08 AM

Oct 2007
Man, this series is taking me everything just to watch it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
The plot storyline is going far beyond of what I expected. Never imagined that they would found out all the bodys of the victims; well not exactly the bodys.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 23, 2009 10:34 AM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
Fantastic episode. The direction, art, scenario and overall atmosphere are all out of this world. The accusation scene by Kyougokudo was unbelievably well directed and powerful. Oh and I forgot the great cliffhanger. Just fantastic.
Agreed, doesn't happen a lot but am feeling overwhelmed by it right now...
Oct 23, 2009 6:00 PM
Jul 2009
awesome :D
Jun 25, 2010 9:08 AM
May 2008
Uh oh, cue drama.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Nov 7, 2012 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
So in that clairvoyance experiment, were the officials not being careful enough? They wrote "mouryou" at a distance far enough away from Terada's grandmother so that she couldn't see what was on the paper, but she could still read the pen (or brush I suppose) movements: akin to lip reading?
May 25, 2013 2:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
"I'm the real thing" Love how Kyogokudou revealed Onbako-sama to be an impostor. The question now is if Kugo had been the killer all along or was just used by someone else. I think the doctor might still be a big part in all of this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
This was absolutely great. I loved how everything that was discussed in previous episodes came together in that scene with Onbako-sama. And I loved the twist of Kubo being Onbako-sama's son. So there's either someone else that was directing Kubo, or a partner. Hmm.
Nov 8, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
Chocobana said:
This was absolutely great. I loved how everything that was discussed in previous episodes came together in that scene with Onbako-sama. And I loved the twist of Kubo being Onbako-sama's son. So there's either someone else that was directing Kubo, or a partner. Hmm.

Yeah made a few things clear for me.
Guess it's not Kubo after all.
May 21, 2017 10:59 AM
Nov 2015
The Kyougokudou exposing the fake scene is fantastic.
U don't' need to like yokai, oni, mouryou or the occult to appreciate this.
What I love is you have to have real and huge knowledge to be able to talk like that. To be the real thing.
May 21, 2017 11:06 AM
Nov 2015
LOVE HOW Kubo's room turned from green (when Yoriko went in) to blue. How can it be so beautiful??
Dec 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Oct 2015
Since Kubo is also dead, I guess this is an open case, even I'm confuser who might it be!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 6, 2022 10:32 PM

Mar 2010
Well wow! Kyougokudou was super cool this episode. Change of outfits and him showing how he does things. He still did a lot of talking this episode which is not a change lol. Looks like they are getting to the end of the investigation but who is the murderer...
Aug 12, 2023 5:10 PM

Nov 2010
Poor Sekiguchi. He's always the bait.
Wow, lots of stuff about Shintoism, Confucianism, and Taoism, all to prove him as a fraud. Lots of TIL from that.
Interesting plot twist about them being father and son. Now that Kubo is killed and Onbaka has been apprehended, who else is the culprit?
Ah, so this episode connects to that clairvoyance episode. It was all a hoax.
Aug 9, 3:57 AM

Jun 2008
Another brick gone, only three more to go. 😴
I'm convinced we ain't gonna see anything actually supernatural in the end, all this talking and teasing will resolve in banality.

How NOT to do pathos and cliffhangers: okay, after many wasteful days, dead girls and superfluous lessons, we had found the culprit! BAM! One second later - oh wait it's not. *ending song*
The pacing and writing are killing me, but not in the good way.
At least there was onmyo chad all dressed up, what a sight ⭐
RenaPsychoKillerAug 9, 4:02 AM

watching, waiting, commiserating

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeathfireD - Jan 2, 2010

57 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 12 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 30, 2009

19 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 11 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 14, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 12, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

20 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 8 Discussion

noteDhero - Jan 26, 2009

26 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.