Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2019 4:22 AM

May 2017
KANLen09 said:
So it WASN'T A JOKE when the director ACTUALLY said that Mio will be more on the tsundere style, reminds me of Shana's VA (maybe just the same), and it shows.

Mio was actually more tsundere in the VN and was constantly clashing with Takuya. They're too friendly with eachother here imo!
Apr 10, 2019 5:50 AM

Feb 2017
Nick_Creations said:
Am i the only one who saw the Oopa ( Steins;Gate Easter Egg ) on this ep ?

I saw it too(came here to see if anyone was mentioning it).
Apr 10, 2019 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
ycleped said:

You'll take back 'predictable' at least by the end of the first cour. Reading this visual novel, it was one of the least predictable things I've ever seen.
So I have to watch half the show to be entertained?

That's just how some slow-burn shows work.

Steins;Gate literally was mostly a slice-of-life with barely anything significant happening for almost half of it (doesn't help that the anime pretty much omitted any real science and infodumps that the Visual Novel had in the same time stamps), but without that part, it wouldn't work the same way. This is the JoJo for its HunterxHunter, don't expect to quickly get into the real meat only 2 episodes in.

They are actually going much faster than the very well built VN, albeit skipping some stuff (that hopefully will be adapted later, since it's quite important). I wouldn't expect this to be any faster, some stories are just structured like that.
Apr 10, 2019 10:57 AM

Oct 2012
A lot of people are commenting that the episode was not bad. Well, it's not good either. I really hope it picks up. Everything just seems clumsy and drawn out so far.
Apr 10, 2019 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
Parallel world my ass, that artifact thing is just a regular old time machine with some save slots and a load button...
Apr 10, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 2018
Cazador75 said:
Parallel world my ass, that artifact thing is just a regular old time machine with some save slots and a load button...
That's pretty much exactly what it was in the original game - a glorified save/load system, but with some quirks to make gameplay more challenging.
Apr 10, 2019 1:43 PM
Apr 2019
Laukku said:
Cazador75 said:
That's pretty much exactly what it was in the original game - a glorified save/load system, but with some quirks to make gameplay more challenging.

Interestingly, the Sega Saturn version had more starting jewels, making travels between worlds easier. In my opinion, I still prefer the PC-98 version for how it forces the player to be more conservative with their save/loads.
Apr 10, 2019 4:11 PM
Sep 2018
I find their comments concerning his not being in the script of interest, especially given that Flunky A has just shown up to perform A Daring Rescue™ so that he can cement his position with his nominal boss; he's already made it clear that it's slimy folks further up the ladder that are his true supervisors.

Some of the people are far too aware of their role in things.
Not sure if it's breaking the fourth wall, being genre savvy, or what.

At a certain level, the author is clearly having far too much fun playing with tropes.
Apr 10, 2019 5:39 PM
Feb 2009
dang that chest grab from the thugs lol
Apr 10, 2019 6:46 PM

Aug 2018
The part where Takuya rewinded time to take another "round" totally reminded me the movie scifi movie Edge of Tomorrow lol

Not bad, at least we learnt how this device worked and I find the idea of parallel worlds interesting, it is a bit similar to a video game I loved, Life is Strange.
Apr 11, 2019 6:31 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting so far, but I'll have to try hard to not think or care about the science&logic behind the "travel" mechanic, otherwise this would quickly become unbearable to watch.
Apr 11, 2019 6:50 AM

May 2017
Gildesh said:
Interesting so far, but I'll have to try hard to not think or care about the science&logic behind the "travel" mechanic, otherwise this would quickly become unbearable to watch.

Lucky for you, there's history behind the device and the components to the device and how it works will all be explained.

The device is a huge plot point and has tons of meaning, it's not just some random thing out of nowhere that allows Takuya to time travel.

Try to figure it out before it's revealed, because it's definitely possible to as you gain more information! So yeah, actually thinking hard about the science/logic is something you SHOULD be doing.
Apr 11, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2009
ycleped said:

Lucky for you, there's history behind the device and the components to the device and how it works will all be explained.

The device is a huge plot point and has tons of meaning, it's not just some random thing out of nowhere that allows Takuya to time travel.

Try to figure it out before it's revealed, because it's definitely possible to as you gain more information! So yeah, actually thinking hard about the science/logic is something you SHOULD be doing.

Writers of sci-fi tend to selectively deal with some paradoxes and conveniently ignore others when time travel or parallel worlds are involved in their works.
I won't have my hopes up, but I'll look forward to how things go then.

The animation of the "travel" seems to hint at electronic (memory?)data transfer so far, which could be a plausible explanation on it's own to an extent, without using magic, while supernatural may or may not be in play.
Apr 11, 2019 12:38 PM
Mar 2015
I thought it was pretty interesting. Makes me wonder where the show will go next. Let me list a bunch of the things that I'm quite fond of so far: the MC's "deceased" father having once been a historian active in academia, the parallel world/time travel thing that'll grow to have more significance as the show goes on, the mystery--just what the hell is really going on? I love time travel shit so yeah that explains a lot. Even if the show turns out to be not that good later on I'll probably still watch because of the time travel/parallel universe thing. Hopefully they explain and explore all of the possible dimensions associated with the time traveling because that would be awesome and satisfying. I mean, it's supposed to run for--what--26 episodes. I'm just hoping that it uses its relatively "long" episode run (when so many shows last for 12/13 episodes) to give us a decent story. At the very least, it should be entertaining.

In regards to the 400 year theory, or whatever the heck it's called, it's also interesting how it alienated the MC's father from academia. Honestly, I really don't see why. Isn't it a rather...unhelpful theory? (As someone who is not a historian by any definition of the word, perhaps my comments are inaccurate) So what if Japanese history experiences a really pivotal moment every four hundred years? Even if this is the case, what does it really tell us about history? Isn't it a bit arbitrary? So what if it's every four hundred years? It could be every one hundred years for that matter, but so what? I don't know if any of this made any sense.
Apr 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
I feel sorry for all his alternate realities. He just abandons then and takes over another. They probably got their asses beat/killed
Apr 11, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2017
EmptyTrain said:
I thought it was pretty interesting. Makes me wonder where the show will go next. Let me list a bunch of the things that I'm quite fond of so far: the MC's "deceased" father having once been a historian active in academia, the parallel world/time travel thing that'll grow to have more significance as the show goes on, the mystery--just what the hell is really going on? I love time travel shit so yeah that explains a lot. Even if the show turns out to be not that good later on I'll probably still watch because of the time travel/parallel universe thing. Hopefully they explain and explore all of the possible dimensions associated with the time traveling because that would be awesome and satisfying. I mean, it's supposed to run for--what--26 episodes. I'm just hoping that it uses its relatively "long" episode run (when so many shows last for 12/13 episodes) to give us a decent story. At the very least, it should be entertaining.

In regards to the 400 year theory, or whatever the heck it's called, it's also interesting how it alienated the MC's father from academia. Honestly, I really don't see why. Isn't it a rather...unhelpful theory? (As someone who is not a historian by any definition of the word, perhaps my comments are inaccurate) So what if Japanese history experiences a really pivotal moment every four hundred years? Even if this is the case, what does it really tell us about history? Isn't it a bit arbitrary? So what if it's every four hundred years? It could be every one hundred years for that matter, but so what? I don't know if any of this made any sense.

I enjoyed reading your comment!

They'll go into more depth on the 400 year theory and its significance, as well as what his father was trying to use the theory to claim.

While time travel is a big part of the story, it's not the major focus of the story. The overarching plot that will soon develop is the part that really makes this story shine. I wouldn't worry about it not being good later on because it's a slow-burner: it really makes it seem like everything is all normal at the beginning before building up and up and then devolving into absolute utter madness.

The second cour of this is why I truly love the story and why it's one of my absolute favorites of all time.
Apr 11, 2019 6:36 PM

May 2018
The best part of this episode, of course:

Apr 11, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Oh a reset button! quite convenient huh!
i wanna have that as well for pervy purposes gueguegueheheheh!
4/5.

Apr 12, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2014
2nd episode and still not sure if it's worth watching.

this 2nd episode was quite pathetic how the main character behaved with the time / space manipulation device.

Apr 12, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2017
AllGamer said:

this 2nd episode was quite pathetic how the main character behaved with the time / space manipulation device.

You won't see anything like that again.
Apr 12, 2019 5:42 PM

Dec 2016
Second episode definitely made me like this show more, I'm intrigued at how well they'll handle the time travel stuff as the season goes on
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 12, 2019 7:12 PM

Mar 2015
The MC repeatedly restarting time to try, and fail, to take down that thug was funny.

I am definitely curious about the mystery girl.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 12, 2019 7:33 PM

Jan 2015
ycleped said:
AllGamer said:

You won't see anything like that again.

Stop replying to these pathetic anime only watcher. They don't know shit. You just make yourself feel more depressed
Rance X is A GOAT.
Apr 12, 2019 9:19 PM
Nov 2015
I hope Flunky A was actually ploting something relevant and not just trying to get laid.
Apr 12, 2019 9:21 PM
Nov 2015
This show is quite intriguing, specially considering its origins. I can't understand the low score.
felipeliborioApr 13, 2019 6:27 AM
Apr 13, 2019 7:27 AM
Jan 2019
This anime already has my attention.
Takuya amused me in the last part of the chapter fighting those thugs. It reminded me of the movie Men in Black 3, when Agent J fights Boris the animal at the rocket station. LOL.

It gets interesting.
Apr 14, 2019 12:25 AM
Apr 2019
Hmm im still confused for many things.. but i hope it will explained later.. for now i guess. 5/10... i kinda like time traveler or something of similiar theme.. so yeah i will watch more for now..
May 7, 2019 12:28 AM

May 2015
My NTR radar was tingling throughout the end
May 7, 2019 5:06 AM

Nov 2011
I actually really liked to hear Kugimiya Rie's voice in Mio lol, I guess I just missed her voices so much ...

400 year theory is sound absurd though, I guess Meiji Restoration is not a big event for Japanese people while it was the most popular history event of Japan to outside world ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 9, 2019 12:03 AM

Feb 2018
Nice MC xD never giveup
Jul 15, 2019 7:39 PM
Feb 2011
Almost like the MC doesn't watch tv/movies. he could have handled the thugs in a far more creative way since similar things have happened in loads of stuff. It's almost like movies aren't a thing in most anime.
Sep 2, 2019 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
Much better pacing than the first episode.
Sep 24, 2019 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
no mobile phones?
Nov 10, 2019 6:05 AM

Jul 2015
How to test a device that can litteraly transport you to a parallel universe of a time in the past? Just throws some cans and repeat.....

That last scene reminded me of the "Dormammu i've come to bargain" scene in the movie Doctor Strange

Aug 18, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2017
The ending of the episode was a big wtf. Takuya failed like 3 times while the other guy suddenly comes to the rescue lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 3, 2021 11:40 AM
Nov 2018
EmptyTrain said:

It's year 1995 in the story and the next 400 year cycle is about to happen. If you don't see how it is relevant to the story it is not the problem with the story.

And what it tells us - I am watching completely blind but periodic events in history may be caused by periodic external interference. Considering this very episode is named "Parallel World Constitutive Theorem" it is easy to guess what kind of interference it might be.
Sep 2, 2023 12:21 PM

Jul 2011
I wonder if I should have watched something before starting this one... 2 eps and I still wonder wtf is happening, who are these people, why should we know or care about them..?

Jan 13, 2:27 PM
May 2021
The Hen***i is better
May 16, 6:37 PM

Jun 2022
1 More Episode To Go
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.