Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even this anime can't escape the beach episode lol. Seriously though, the girls looked great in their swimsuits.

Yup, fun in the sun this episode. It's too bad they couldn't just have fun at the beach without some trouble after getting that pen dant gotstolen. Oh and they should really be more careful around fireworks.
Stark700Jul 9, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 9, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2017
Man, what the actual hell is this director thinking?

It was going so well and then we got this trainwreck. What on Earth.....
Jul 9, 2019 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
of course, obligatory beach episode
not that I'd complain
Jul 9, 2019 10:32 AM

Feb 2019
So did that dog open and close a sliding glass door, and open and close the basement door, and take with it two inedible objects along with the meat?

Unless it is revealed that dog is very special, or someone let it into the house, I have say they are asking me to suspend my disbelief too much, same as the heavily guarded compound with a 3 foot high fence around back.

The show has pretty much ground to a halt.
Jul 9, 2019 10:41 AM

May 2017
HOOfan_1 said:
So did that dog open and close a sliding glass door, and open and close the basement door, and take with it two inedible objects along with the meat?

Unless it is revealed that dog is very special, or someone let it into the house, I have say they are asking me to suspend my disbelief too much, same as the heavily guarded compound with a 3 foot high fence around back.

None of this episode was in the visual novel, the director is on crack.
Jul 9, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Ah, a beach episode. Even this anime has one. The girls with their swimsuit looked great.

That was a wild dog.

Jul 9, 2019 11:29 AM
So uh

Where did the wig that they put on the watermelon come from? Why did they just have a wig that is the same color and length as Kanna's hair?
Jul 9, 2019 11:41 AM
Feb 2009
wow I guess yuki was that hungry for that "frankfurter" lol
Jul 9, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2017
Mythologically said:
So uh

Where did the wig that they put on the watermelon come from? Why did they just have a wig that is the same color and length as Kanna's hair?

It came out of thin air because the director is on crack.
Jul 9, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2017
I was kinda expecting it to be a dog when I seen the bushes move earlier in the episode.

But I'm glad we at least got some bikini shots to make up for the lack of h-scenes. And the banana surfboard thing.

The Yuki bite scene at the end also had me nearly choke on the chips and cheese dip I was eating.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Jul 9, 2019 1:02 PM
Jan 2018
So this show was delayed, a bit rushed in the first half and yet someone thought an entirely original beach episode was in the series’ best interest? Not speaking for everyone of course, but this episode was a punch in the gut for readers of the VN
Jul 9, 2019 1:03 PM

May 2018
Whoa did we just saw Kanna as Takuya's mom..

LOL Yuki gets to bite Takuya's dick.
Jul 9, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Whoa did we just saw Kanna as Takuya's mom..

LOL Yuki gets to bite Takuya's dick.

No...his mom was siting with his dad under an umbrella. Kana was just a little girl in that scene a few years older than Takuya....
Jul 9, 2019 4:52 PM

Aug 2018
I wish I had this wild god, he'd be a good house keeper ! Perhaps he might even be able to use an AR...

Quite a funny episode overall BUT the atmosphere was not so light & peaceful. Firstly, that thief dog lol and secondly, Kanna's collapsing... this is getting more & more mysterious, I wonder who she is.

And man, Yuki was really hungry this night.
Jul 9, 2019 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm... I honestly don't know what to think about this episode.. on one hand it was an okay fanservice (with abyssmal Yuuki jokes), on the other hand they just included the filler episode that has no relevance to overall plot forcing themselves to rush later.

I already expected they will do this after seeing the end of the previous episode but now I really fear about the anime-only changes they may introduce. Nothing of this had happened in the game, the plot moved basically nowhere, they changed Kanna motives and as a whole this episode would be prime candidate for using Chekov's gun.
Jul 9, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2016
Why did Kana's hair color change every scene? There were several shades of blue, straight black, and in one scene it was very clearly brown. I don't think you can blame the brown on the lighting. Was this a production error?
Jul 9, 2019 6:27 PM
Jun 2017
WILD DOG APPEARED!!! HAHAHAHA...
Jul 9, 2019 8:07 PM

Oct 2013
Mythologically said:
So uh

I thought the same thing, but like one guy said in the comment before. This director is on crack, I love it.
Jul 10, 2019 2:12 AM

May 2015
At least this episode was kinda funny. I don't mind this nonsensical cliche humor. It's better than trying so hard at being a good time travel series.
Jul 10, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2015
ycleped said:
HOOfan_1 said:

ah ok, cause that whole event made no sense to me too

honestly at some point, I thought there might have been someone who sneaked in and stole the device and the pendant and replaced them with fake ones then to make it easier for him to escape, he used the dog as a distraction. I guess I was wrong lol

either ways, a beach episodes are always welcome
Jul 10, 2019 9:12 AM

May 2017
AZY-sama said:
ycleped said:

honestly at some point, I thought there might have been someone who sneaked in and stole the device and the pendant and replaced them with fake ones then to make it easier for him to escape, he used the dog as a distraction. I guess I was wrong lol

Well, what COULD have happened is that Houjou already stole the necklace and RD, replaced them with imitations and arranged the dog as a scapegoat for the ransacking.
Jul 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2015
ycleped said:
AZY-sama said:

Well, what COULD have happened is that Houjou already stole the necklace and RD, replaced them with imitations and arranged the dog as a scapegoat for the ransacking.

My thought exactly, but you said there wasn't such scene in the VN, so either we're overthinking stuff or it's an anime exclusive story
Jul 10, 2019 9:21 AM

May 2017
AZY-sama said:
ycleped said:

My thought exactly, but you said there wasn't such scene in the VN, so either we're overthinking stuff or it's an anime exclusive story

I'm thinking it might be anime exclusive.
Jul 10, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
did he really just bite Takuya's dick...

Jul 10, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2016
This is what steins gate watches to have a good laugh. And I dont even dislike this anime.
:v
Jul 10, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
So is Kanna and Takuya are related?

What would it be without beach episode lol
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 11, 2019 3:51 AM

Oct 2008
Nothing goes without a beach episode!
oh noes Kanna-chan fainted again! are we now on the ero scene?!?!
5/5.

Jul 11, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
My guess - the dog was hypnotized. The way it lit the fireworks felt somewhat too weird to be a coincidence.

Also, my prediction few episodes ago about a Yuki "route" seems even more plausible after that bite, lol.
Jul 12, 2019 5:43 AM
Jan 2018
JokerSamurai said:
So this show was delayed, a bit rushed in the first half and yet someone thought an entirely original beach episode was in the series’ best interest? Not speaking for everyone of course, but this episode was a punch in the gut for readers of the VN
The game is 1,3 million words long. Very little if any filler. Takes ~50 hours to complete. It got a 26-episode 2-cour anime adaptation while it really deserves a 3-cour one if not more. Most of the anime's problems (confusing, thin characters, inconsistent pacing, plot holes, bland atmosphere) come from throwing out A LOT of material in order to desperately make the story fit. Fans have been repeatedly going "lol they skipped 50% of [X] route, at least they did a decent job of preserving the bare essentials".

Then they did a pointless anime-original beach episode. Almost nothing to do with the source material. A whole 24 minutes taking valuable screentime which could have been spent on adapting the actual fucking story.

เฒ _เฒ 
Jul 14, 2019 9:48 AM
Jan 2019
This has been one of my favorite episodes of this anime. I could not miss the episode on the beach. It was fun and relaxing, and had some important surprises.
I'm glad Kanna could enjoy the trip.

Is Kanna stopped in time thanks to the stone of the reflector device ?. This does not stop surprising me.
Who would say that the thief was a dog, gave me a good scare ๐Ÿ˜….
Hahaha, and the "sausage." R.I.P Takuya.

Ps: By the way, someday I would like to go out with my friends like that, we always say that we will do it, but in the end there is no chance to do it ๐Ÿ˜….

I wonder if they would change the ending and the opening soon.
Jul 18, 2019 8:24 PM

May 2016
@ycleped I finally got to watch this episode(trying to catch up with all the current airing anime I'm watching due to to being really busy the last two weeks) and I have to disagree with everything you said. I understand that you love the the VN and so do I but in all honesty I found nothing wrong with this episode. There's nothing wrong with taking a little break before getting into the action again. Darling in the Franxx did this last year and most people thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the same thing here.

So the original VN didn't have a beach episode. So what? I'm not offended by it and I actually enjoyed it. And it wasn't over the top like a lot beach episodes are with unnecessary fanservice and ridiculous comedy. It was simply having our characters going out, having a good time, and bonding a little while having encountering a little trouble. I don't a see a problem with and it doesn't affect the anime any significant manner.

I don't mean to sound rude but saying the director must have been on crack for this episode is taking it to the extreme. Again, I understand you love this VN but try don't take it too personally when it comes to anime adaptations. VNs are fiendishly difficult to adapt and so for they've done a good job with this. This beach episode doesn't harm it in any way.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jul 18, 2019 8:26 PM

May 2017
DirectorK said:
@ycleped I finally got to watch this episode(trying to catch up with all the current airing anime I'm watching due to to being really busy the last two weeks) and I have to disagree with everything you said. I understand that you love the the VN and so do I but in all honesty I found nothing wrong with this episode. There's nothing wrong with taking a little break before getting into the action again. Darling in the Franxx did this last year and most people thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the same thing here.

So the original VN didn't have a beach episode. So what? I'm not offended by it and I actually enjoyed it. And it wasn't over the top like a lot beach episodes are with unnecessary fanservice and ridiculous comedy. It was simply having our characters going out, having a good time, and bonding a little while having encountering a little trouble. I don't a see a problem with and it doesn't affect the anime any significant manner.

I don't mean to sound rude but saying the director must have been on crack for this episode is taking it to the extreme. Again, I understand you love this VN but try don't take it too personally when it comes to anime adaptations. VNs are fiendishly difficult to adapt and so for they've done a good job with this. This beach episode doesn't harm it in any way.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, to the point where I think I should take my original comment down. After seeing how they did episode 16 and how this adaptation is going as a whole, I think it really did add to the chemistry between the characters and gave us more of a reason in the adaptation to care about Kanna and what was going on.

My main issue, though, stems from knowing what's coming up after Kanna's arc. The "true arc" is far and away my favorite part of the story, and the more time they spend on this arc, the less time they'll have for the true arc.

But yes, I do agree it was a knee-jerk reaction simply because of my experience with the visual novel and not taking into account how it fit into this adaptation, and I apologize.

(PS: join the Discord if you wanna talk more about YU-NO, a bunch of us are on it, you can find it pinned on the subreddit!)
Jul 18, 2019 8:49 PM

May 2016
ycleped said:
DirectorK said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you, to the point where I think I should take my original comment down. After seeing how they did episode 16 and how this adaptation is going as a whole, I think it really did add to the chemistry between the characters and gave us more of a reason in the adaptation to care about Kanna and what was going on.

My main issue, though, stems from knowing what's coming up after Kanna's arc. The "true arc" is far and away my favorite part of the story, and the more time they spend on this arc, the less time they'll have for the true arc.

But yes, I do agree it was a knee-jerk reaction simply because of my experience with the visual novel and not taking into account how it fit into this adaptation, and I apologize.

(PS: join the Discord if you wanna talk more about YU-NO, a bunch of us are on it, you can find it pinned on the subreddit!)

No need to apologize. I was equally mad at 8-Bit's adaptation of Rewrite three years ago, and rightfully so, for it was the very first VN I ever played and one that I hold close to my heart. So I understand how you feel when it comes to YU-NO. I'll try to drop by on reddit and discord whenever I have the chance.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Aug 6, 2019 6:26 AM

Nov 2016
Beach episode was pretty nice, but wtf was that with the "frankfurter" biting xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
ycleped said:
Mythologically said:
So uh

It came out of thin air because the director is on crack.

Or... or,
Takuya uses the reflector after cutting Kanna's hair. Kanna knows about the reflector btw so it's a no brainer to agree to it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 13, 2019 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
HOOfan_1 said:

animals are known to learn open doors of they are not locked, mostly pets
Nov 13, 2019 1:12 AM

Sep 2012
RobinTheKing said:
did he really just bite Takuya's dick...

FMmatron said:
Beach episode was pretty nice, but wtf was that with the "frankfurter" biting xD

i lost it there ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 13, 2019 5:30 AM

Feb 2019
Sugram22 said:
HOOfan_1 said:

This was a stray dog...not a pet...and why would he close the door behind him?

Plus opening a door with hinges is A LOT different than opening a sliding glass door.

Why would it steal their inedible objects when there was raw meat to be stolen?

Why would it take it down to the basement?

There's honestly no defending that entire sequence...
Nov 13, 2019 5:54 AM

Sep 2012
HOOfan_1 said:
Sugram22 said:

This was a stray dog...not a pet...and why would he close the door behind him?

Plus opening a door with hinges is A LOT different than opening a sliding glass door.

Why would it steal their inedible objects when there was raw meat to be stolen?

Why would it take it down to the basement?

There's honestly no defending that entire sequence...

maybe it wasn't always stray, pets left alone 2long can become agressive and feral to

sure sliding doors are different but i have seen them open sliding door to
Nov 16, 2019 6:01 AM

Jul 2015
Damn Yuki bit Takuya's frankfurter without saying nohomo.....

Aug 21, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2021
WOW. This MC could NOT be any more stupid if his life depended on it. You KNOW there is a Inter dimensional CREATURE trying to get the device, AND a drunk stalker who JUST told you two hours ago to blackmail the girl for her Gem, and you not ONLY leave the device in the damn house but she leaves the gem out on the table. Like the stupidity is BAFFLING.
Aug 22, 2021 5:17 AM

Aug 2017
Filler episode, the dog thing was stupid but at least the characters having their own time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.