Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2017 2:30 AM
Apr 2016
Great stuff honest girls hope all happy and all, but...
in those last frames, did Morikawa only appear higher than Eita, or is she actually higher than him? This question serves no other purpose than to satisfy my inferiority complex, appreciate the compassion.
Re:formed
Dec 2, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2014
Oh man..
I've seen this pattern before.. many many times. which I really hate.

Morikawa is going to end up with Haruto FOR SURE.
Komiya WILL LOSE. so in the end Eita and Natsume will be together forever.

God, I hated it.
Dec 2, 2017 4:11 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Too bad Komiya's efforts will go in vain.
Dec 2, 2017 4:49 AM

May 2017
ZBlastHistory said:
Komiya use promise to confess.
Natsume block the damage with i confess before you to Izumi it's super effective.

Komiya take critical hit.
Natsume win the Izumi cup.

Izumi falls for Komiya real bad
Natsume is disqualified
Komiya is declared the winner

Wooooo I wish T_T
Dec 2, 2017 8:34 AM
Aug 2017
had some funny moment in this episode. TBH I didn't realize it was Morikawa.
Dec 2, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
They were uncharacteristically direct at the end there. Great episode.
Dec 2, 2017 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
Puta was the MVP.

Komiya was utterly adorable. It is a shame that she will most likely end up broken-hearted. At l(e)ast, Natsume is displaying hints of affection, good for Izumi.

Morikawa was striking as well.
Dec 2, 2017 9:17 PM

Apr 2015
I'm never really warming up to the other couple side of this. Their mere appearance is starting to annoy me
Dec 2, 2017 11:14 PM

May 2013
That was pretty awkward at the train.
"So why did you ask for my permission"
"Just Because"
lmao so that's why that is the title XD

Morikawa though lmao
.I thought that was Mio's Older Sister and I was like how could that be when she was still driving Mio from the cram school. Then I saw Morikawa's mole I was like What??!!!!
I knew she was grown-up Hinata level hot but still.
Dec 3, 2017 3:46 AM

Feb 2016
such an awesome episode , this season rocks .
Dec 3, 2017 5:45 AM
Mar 2012
Puta, most realistic old cat purr in anime, nice paw send there.
Komiya, that's a standard deathflag yo.
The tension btw Natsume & Komiya's quite unusual.
Dec 3, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting Komiya to call Izumi to a date after Natsume told her "no".
I am on team Natsume here, for me point of view, what she felt of Haruto was more admiration and gratitude for the eraser. She had more background with Izumi since the beginning.
Dec 3, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2015
I know it's not gonna happen, but please for the love of god just get Izumi and Komiya together. Natsume is so annoying can she just go away. this is probably why im gonna give this show a lower score in the end
Dec 4, 2017 4:40 AM

Mar 2016
Natsume seems so much like a bad Person this Episode. After seeing Izumi and Komiya together she wanted to say something to Izumi, just to keep him at her Side, because it's convenient for her. After telling Komiya not to date him, Natsume was just happy she can keep the status quo. Well, after the last two Episodes, i changed my Mind and will definitely root for Izumi and Komiya.
Dec 4, 2017 6:51 AM

May 2016
Puta understands

Good neko. Neko men's best traitor friend
Dec 5, 2017 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
Finally having caught up, I have to say I find it impossible to choose between Natsume and Komiya. Both have their own charms. While I admit I am slightly inclined towards Natsume, the person I really want to see becoming happy in the end is Izumi. So, I will be going for the team that has more chance of winning than any other team right now!

#TeamIzumi
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 6, 2017 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Well done Puta!

I loved Komiya in this episode. Best girl.

Morikawa in the end. I didn't recognize her lol. Her new look suits her though she was already beautiful.

Dec 7, 2017 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
I'll goo with Natsume
Tbh i really hate Komiya
Dec 7, 2017 8:13 PM

Nov 2009
Okay now Natsume is creeping me out lmao what is wrong with her, she needs to get a grip of herself and DO/SAY SOMETHING.
Also judging by Eita's reaction to Ena at the end there might be some progress on that front.
haydnwrightDec 7, 2017 8:20 PM
Dec 8, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2015
Wish the writers would stop depicting Komiya as such a tool, she easily is the most likeable character in the series.

Also what was that ending? Natsume is going to die if she sees Eita with another girl!
~
Dec 11, 2017 6:07 AM
Dec 2012
Her cat's name is Puta? Okay
Well played Puta!

Best girl Komiya's so cute in this episode ・ω・
Dec 27, 2017 4:27 AM

Aug 2017
Great episode with Komiya, his cat was so funny haha. The jealous of Natsume is bad, you don't deserve to be with Eita! 4/5
NurguburuDec 27, 2017 4:36 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2017 12:25 AM
Nov 2015
Glad everyone met each other once again in Morikawa's house. Great to see Haruto's bonding with the kids again. Also, seems like things have progressed more as Eita have told Haruto about his entrance exam.

Then here comes the date. The cat is indeed the savior of this episode. Salute to you kawaii neko. Looks like no one's gonna stop Ena from pushing through her date with Eita. That awkwardness though when Eita, Mio, and Ena met each other in the train. Also, the title was dropped from the conversation! It didn't really seem like much of a date for me. Although, it looks like it has moved Eita after Ena told him that she's going to confess if she wins the competition. Strangely, Morikawa looks so different in her new outfit.

Mar 20, 2018 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
The cats name is....Puta.
Ena has been sleep deprived because she's been thinking about Eita.
She's trying to figure out how to ask him out on a date.
These rude ass little kids. Do you not see Haruto eating? Hazuki's parents ain't teach them manners before they died.
lol at Ena.
lol at Puta's face as it walks in.
Ena side oppai.
Dat neko Puta.
Haruto says Eita has good chemistry with Ena.
It's a date, so don't be late.
Japanese Siri came out of nowhere.
Ena gets on the train and sees Eita and Mio.
Ena said the title of the show. Roll credits!
Yeah. Get off at the next stop (which is not actually your stop) because you fear best girl.
Oh snap! Now Eita's taking pics of people without permission.
lol at Ena making her pic his background.
Ena wants to go somewhere.
Ena will confess her love if she wins.
Holy crap! I thought that was Hazuki's mom, but it was her.

Anime gods...let Ena win. Even Haruto, his best friend, ships them.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 26, 2018 12:19 PM

May 2012
What a lovely ending, really lovely episode in general! Looking forwards to see what's next.
May 7, 2018 8:24 AM
Nov 2011
Anathor said:
Leave it to the cat to arrange dates.

Ena is much better on so many ways, she is even proactive and went to the attack regardless of Mio asking her not to. Just step aside poster girl, glaring at her on the train ain't going to make you score points with the viewers.
Eita taking pictures of Ena is a good start, but a weak one. That was an ok "date" though.

Those parting words are going to backfire so much.

Who didn't love the cat saying, enough already this anime needs progress when the paw sent the message?

Look I like Natsume better than Ena, but there's a lot the underclass Ena can offer Eita, including not having to fight to get her attention.

Up until this episode I honestly though tit would go something like this:

Eita -> takes Entrance exam at school where Natsume is presumed to go
Ena -> takes a backup Entrance Exam to school where Eita goes (originally not for the same reasons.)

Both are getting distracted in the drama, so I fully expected the possibility both might fail to be placed at the same college, thus fate deciding they will be parted now. However, I haven't seen the last 3 eps so need to see how it plays out.

Though on a side note, at least initially I don't get what Ena sees in Eita. Yes Natsume is long lost friend and probably by trope ends up with him because of familiariaty, but they put a lot of emphasis on how he and Soma didn't exactly stay in touch after he moved, and neither did Natsume. So that pervious familiarity is there but its not as strong IMO as some other series. Its hard not to pull for Ena though, who doesn't like a girl who knows what she wants and goes after it?

Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Oct 20, 2018 6:04 PM
Oct 2018
Anyone knows the song at minute 16:20? Keep searching but nothing I can find...
Jan 16, 2019 9:40 PM

Apr 2010
I can't stand that Kamiya 'asked' for permission, but still went on the date. That to me is such a horrible thing to do. Maybe it's because I've never been in this sort of situation, but going after someone you KNOW your friend is into - and that you know that someone is into them, that dude is officially off the market in my opinion.
In guy world, there would be a whole bro-code, and the dude wouldn't go for a girl he knows his friend likes (and feelings are returned to boot!) It just seriously grinds my gears, as a girl. If I were Mio, I would despise Kamiya. I said no, and she didn't care. Actual witch with a B >.>

And I liked Kamiya before this. I liked her as just the friend on the side. I hate where her character has gone. Agh.

My 2 cents on Mio: I seriously don't understand the hate. When I first started this show, I was drawn to how lifelike the characters were - the calmness of normal japanese people truly came through. It was one of those shows which keeps themselves embedded in reality.
So I found her to be a calming person. Not relatable or anything, but still, I liked her. And Izumi liking her made all the sense in the world, seeing as he's the logical, calm type, and would appreciate that about her as well. So the IzumixMio couple makes sense.

Not Kamiya, for reasons stated earlier >.>
Jun 16, 2019 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
It's frustrating to see Natsume and Izumi. They both have feelings for each other but they're both so awkward when in each other's presence.

Komiya was completely different during the "date". She was more likable. But personally, I'm still rooting for Natsume and Izumi because I don't really LIKE Komiya.

Why did she ask for Natsume's permission if she had no intention of taking into account what she said at all? Or was it just a tactic to see how much Natsume cares for Izumi? In that case, that was pretty smart. She's quite the attacker.

Morikawa looked real nice at the end. Haruto is going to die lol.
Nov 12, 2020 12:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ena is definitely the best choice for Eita but well he's still on Mio :x
Jan 5, 2021 2:29 AM

Apr 2020
Morikawa with her new hairstyle looks really cute
Feb 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Aug 2014
Komiya, youre the best girl in this anime.

But Komiya, if youre gonna ask the transfer student on a date, then fantastic!!!! But Komiya, you have to use your greatest strength to try to get him for yourself and for him to forget about the female MC: ON YOUR DATE, YOU HAD TO WEAR AN ATTIRE THAT ACCENTUATES YOUR TWO HUGE MELONS!!!!!!!!!
Aug 7, 2022 4:31 AM

Jul 2021
Ena really named her cat Puta💀💀💀

The ending eeeeeeeeeeee, that basically was a confession alright eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And that was the first time I've seen Eita blush, that had a very strong effect on Eita.

Boy they are making it very hard for us viewers to root for one girl to be with Eita. But right now Ena is more likable than Natsume to be honest, just a bit more likable, I won't mind if either of them wins.

What happened to Natsume liking Soma? Did she forget about him?

Ena had lots of screentime this episode and she has become more likable now.

Really though, Eita and Soma's friendship is the best.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 24, 2022 12:51 PM

Mar 2019
Feels good to see Eita smile. I still like their party whenever they do something together, except the kids, they are annoying.

Loved the album scene a lot. It was probably the most emotional part we've had. Eita seeing how much he missed. Thinking about it, what happened to the friend he's been texting in the first episode, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 17, 12:34 AM
Jan 2022
Honestly, I don't even have a reaction or comment to this episode, it was twisted and wholesome in a way but the ending was kinda unexpected(?)
May 17, 10:51 PM
Mar 2023
free natsume please
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jul 16, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

109 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

142 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.