Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2018 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Alexis has a very unique and interesting battle style! I like it.

Marrine is in pain to see Alexis on the battlefield. She clearly still loves him.

The Sea King went out in style. I swear that guy had a sea worth of blood inside him. He destroyed so many people on his own, what a beast.

This episode was bad in general. Animation was poor and the soundeffects were way off at times as well. I hope quality will pick up again next week.
May 19, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2016
So Alexis can be a bad ass and all the while he's was portrayed as a pussy who is good at nothing except just be a royal wallflower........He really got a close shave with that Nordic Erik.
May 19, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2018
such bloodbath episode,,, beautiful play by alexis his commending is ... Wow , Marine dont see it coming.

and what a beast that berseker army...
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 19, 2018 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
The painting-battle was nice.

The sea battle... was just silly.
May 19, 2018 5:44 PM
Mar 2016
Sea king Erik reminds me of Rickard Karstark from game of thrones i love this episode
May 19, 2018 6:19 PM

Oct 2008
That was a great leading by Alexis!
That war effort was totally brutal that was successfully lead by Alexis!
Looks like this it the start of down fall for Marrine!
5/5.

May 19, 2018 6:29 PM
Mar 2016
the animation is really weird the vikings suddenly are the size of a small titan when Erik boarded the ship and when Erik got beheaded the blood flowing out really got out of place
May 20, 2018 6:11 AM
Nov 2017
Looks like Marrine is somewhat conflicted over Alexis joining the battle field. A bit odd seeing as she refuses to budge from the course she has chosen. Deciding to take on the Union and the Treaty at the same time seems not bold but outright stupid.

Alexis is quite the battle commander it seems. Dawson got what he deserved thankfully.

Siluca seems to be piecing together parts of a conspiracy... Will be interesting to see if she's right or not.
May 20, 2018 10:27 AM
Oct 2017
I think this episode had some of the best and some of the worst animation of this show so far. Some moments of it like the close up of the sea king was pretty decent but most of the moving stuff with blows hitting a mile away was just kind of odd.

I'm glad the build up to Alexis is worth it, seeing him direct a battle in such a unique, artful fashion is a nice sign he is indeed the leader the Union needs.
May 21, 2018 4:45 AM
Dec 2016
Crocospect22 said:
phantomfandom said:
This episode has even faster pace than the already fast pace as usual. Whoever is the true villain (probable chaos being with the help of mage academia) is really smart that it make human fight among themselves so much. But I'll never ever understand this logic, Tragic Hall Victim: 2 people, Plan to Prevent Another Tragic Hall Victim: 20,000 people and counting.

This, this is something i will never understand or maybe the anime just telling it in wrong way, like the only person who give a damn for soldiers who lost their lives is just Theo, what need to be prevented and protected if thousand of lives are gone already lol, what a "biggest" tragedy gonna happen btw, because we haven't seen what something really terrible happen caused by this mentioned chaos and there are only small explanation about this in the anime, if that really happen why they not combine their power to fight together, that's why i hate this marinne girl so much, everyone seems have to do this war just because her stupid ego and stubborn to not accept another options, like the only way to unite everyone is by using millitary way only? Siluca already gives her a chance but no, her ego doesn't allow that to happen, she needs to suffer a lot in the end imo..
that is the only reason that the plot can makes sense or Marinne is just a terrible ruler
May 21, 2018 7:18 AM
Mar 2016
Crocospect22 said:
phantomfandom said:
This episode has even faster pace than the already fast pace as usual. Whoever is the true villain (probable chaos being with the help of mage academia) is really smart that it make human fight among themselves so much. But I'll never ever understand this logic, Tragic Hall Victim: 2 people, Plan to Prevent Another Tragic Hall Victim: 20,000 people and counting.

This, this is something i will never understand or maybe the anime just telling it in wrong way, like the only person who give a damn for soldiers who lost their lives is just Theo, what need to be prevented and protected if thousand of lives are gone already lol, what a "biggest" tragedy gonna happen btw, because we haven't seen what something really terrible happen caused by this mentioned chaos and there are only small explanation about this in the anime, if that really happen why they not combine their power to fight together, that's why i hate this marinne girl so much, everyone seems have to do this war just because her stupid ego and stubborn to not accept another options, like the only way to unite everyone is by using millitary way only? Siluca already gives her a chance but no, her ego doesn't allow that to happen, she needs to suffer a lot in the end imo..

But at the same time Theo and company would not take the other option of surrender even if it means it would prevent a battle like if they surrender peacefully Marinne would accept, gain the crest needed to defeat the chaos and bring peace to the land but Theo refused the other option even though Theo also gave the option to his enemy lords and he accepted their surrender to prevent a bloody battle and does it really matter who holds the final grail crest or what ever its called between Marinne, Alexis or Theo they all want to end the chaos but none would listen or surrender to each other Marinne would surrender, so does Theo, Alexis on the other hand considered to surrender to prevent more fighting but that change when Theo convinced him to fight and thus prolong the war and also the only reason Marinne is attacking now is because Theo attack first when his group attack 3 alliance lords turning a cold war to a full blown war if they didnt attack first Marrine might actually accept a peace proposal but its too late now cause you cant kill someones friends and be friends out of nowhere with them the next day maybe if they returned the land of Forbes and Clovis back she might actually believe they can talk it out

i dont particularly like Marinne since she made a war crime and tolerates slavery but i cant blame her for fighting when the other side gave the first blow

sorry about my grammar im an idiot
May 21, 2018 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
Conflicted about this episode. On the one hand, YEAH ALEXIS. On the other hand, his wins basically came from his opponents being utterly hopeless idiots.

Also, if they were going to show the battles in such silly ways, they might as well just skip and show us more Theo x Siluca scenes. You get the gist of it, but the battles just looked unrealistic and uninteresting. Perhaps the LN did a better job (as always). I've always maintained that Grancrest by itself is probably a decent piece of work, but the animators just completely destroyed it with this pacing and I'd be devastated as the author.
May 21, 2018 10:17 PM

Jul 2014
jomarggg said:
Crocospect22 said:

But at the same time Theo and company would not take the other option of surrender even if it means it would prevent a battle like if they surrender peacefully Marinne would accept, gain the crest needed to defeat the chaos and bring peace to the land but Theo refused the other option even though Theo also gave the option to his enemy lords and he accepted their surrender to prevent a bloody battle and does it really matter who holds the final grail crest or what ever its called between Marinne, Alexis or Theo they all want to end the chaos but none would listen or surrender to each other Marinne would surrender, so does Theo, Alexis on the other hand considered to surrender to prevent more fighting but that change when Theo convinced him to fight and thus prolong the war and also the only reason Marinne is attacking now is because Theo attack first when his group attack 3 alliance lords turning a cold war to a full blown war if they didnt attack first Marrine might actually accept a peace proposal but its too late now cause you cant kill someones friends and be friends out of nowhere with them the next day maybe if they returned the land of Forbes and Clovis back she might actually believe they can talk it out

i dont particularly like Marinne since she made a war crime and tolerates slavery but i cant blame her for fighting when the other side gave the first blow

yeah that makes a sense a lot, but the one who declare the war first and reject the marriage is Marinne by her flawless logic, she can just forgive Theo for what he did and accept their company, also at this point of the anime, i don't care about the story logic anymore, yes everything is fixed if they all just surrender to Marinne but after all she did, man i just want her to suffer a lot lol, hope there will be no happy ending bullshit to this women..
May 22, 2018 1:58 AM

May 2015
Marrine actually was mirror of what cleopatra did...

so i just kinda confused when everyone hate her while lots of woman leader figure actually will do exactly marrine does lol

heck at least Marrine still got compassion for her goal after everything forced to her and she didnt cry in corner at least still good for her

i hope the manga got translated too, because marrine action and actual plot is more relatable and explainable there
May 22, 2018 6:59 AM
Mar 2016
Crocospect22 said:
jomarggg said:

yeah that makes a sense a lot, but the one who declare the war first and reject the marriage is Marinne by her flawless logic, she can just forgive Theo for what he did and accept their company, also at this point of the anime, i don't care about the story logic anymore, yes everything is fixed if they all just surrender to Marinne but after all she did, man i just want her to suffer a lot lol, hope there will be no happy ending bullshit to this women..

Its Theo who attack first basically declaring war and Villar attacked Clovis and Forbes unprovoked pushing Marinne to fight back to show the other alliance lords she to can fight and prove herself her attack on Artik is an answer to Villars attack on Forbes and Clovis losing 3 alliance territories was a big blow to Marrine so she cant just accept a peace proposal which unfairly took huge amounts of land like i said you cant kill someones friends and be friends out of nowhere with them the next day
May 24, 2018 9:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Epiosode for Alexis and his great attack first and the second naval battle cool too!!!
May 24, 2018 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
What an intense episode!
I still can't believe that after 18 episodes Aleixs finally decided to man up xD I never thought that he could be so badass and actually be a smart commander.

The battle against Vikings was insane!!! Now i get why he was so strong in the sea, his battle crest was so OP! wow! They fought like crazy. And the King, what a monster...

Theo, Siluca and his team are clearly aware of that pope, hope they will be ready for him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 3, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2014
the moment I see Marrine run to bed I know it's her defeat.
Nov 6, 2018 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
DAMN! They came 1 million deep!
Traitor had the audacity to try and return to the Union after betraying them. Pussy.
Dem head slices!
Alexis owned his ass wth art.
Dat arrow to the eye.
Sea King pretty much said... WITNESS ME!
Dat arrow to the eye.
OH!!!!!! BIG ARROW THROUGH THE CHEST!
Megane woman is fine! Dat ass! Dat oppai!
Dat head chop!
Motherfucker still walking!
The Mage Academy?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 25, 2019 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
It's no exaggeration to say...

WHAT THE FUCK!!!
Aug 11, 2019 12:54 AM
Jan 2009
The final fight against the Sea King was essentially a boss fight, and it was awesome.
Jan 9, 2020 1:53 AM

Jun 2009
bruh that Viking Sea Lord was insane like fuck off what are you?
He grew 4 times in that fight alone xD
Alexis is so kind he weeps for his enemies he's so lovely.
Mar 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
CeddyyBearr said:
Alexis has a very unique and interesting battle style! I like it.

Marrine is in pain to see Alexis on the battlefield. She clearly still loves him.

The Sea King went out in style. I swear that guy had a sea worth of blood inside him. He destroyed so many people on his own, what a beast.

This episode was bad in general. Animation was poor and the soundeffects were way off at times as well. I hope quality will pick up again next week.

what a beast indeed lol
Jun 21, 2021 10:25 AM
Feb 2021
Yes army of a country which has not gone to war is perfectly coordinated while carrying out a war strategy which is so unorthox that the enemy call it art.
Oct 15, 2023 12:35 AM

Oct 2022
I hope Marinne will learn from her mistakes and strive to improve for the better or to become a better person. As much as I want both of them to find true happiness, I'm just saying, his contracted assassin would've made a good wife tho
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

490 by metalrain_15 »»
Aug 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

102 by Inconsistent1 »»
Aug 12, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

76 by Airs »»
Jun 9, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

86 by IskandarThain »»
May 17, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.