Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well now, a rare pleasure of starting a topic. Honestly I liked this one more than movie 5, but still out of 1-6, movie 2 remains my favorite. The ending made me tear up a bit, I have to admit.

Jirachi was cool and was likeable, Absol was a badass, and Groudon had uber hax. That about sums it up.
Apr 6, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
It was a nice touch to show us the previous legendary pokemon from the other movies.
Jirachi is so freaking cute.
This movie was overall very enjoyable, the villain was good too, but the only thing I didn't like, it's the mindless destructive final bad guy, that's a thing I disliked at the Celebi movie too.
Anyway great movie. 9/10
Apr 14, 2014 8:39 AM
Sep 2013
Pretty enjoyable movie. I loved that Salamence (one of my favorite pokemon) was in this. The animation of him flying around with Flygon was awesome.

The story was... meh. Not as great as Pokemon Movie 1 or 3. Jirachi is so cute though.
May 8, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
I liked this movie, and I'll admit i teared up at the end with the lullaby. The villains were relatable, and very likeable. Not one of the worst, but also not one of the best.
8/10
Oct 3, 2015 10:09 AM
Oct 2011
I'm starting to see all pokemon movies and this has been the worst so far
Aug 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
Not much happens during the first 55 minutes but i kida liked that portion. It's sad that this has the same issue that most pokemon films which is that the big climax at the end is boring.

Great visuals though.
Aug 18, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
Max ruined this for me
May 15, 2018 5:53 PM
Mar 2018
Decent, but definitely the weakest of the first six. The plot was mostly an excuse for having Max and Jirachi be cute, and it didn't really get high stakes until the last half-hour. As well, the animation was a step down. There were good scenes but nothing like the gorgeous moments of the first five. But it was still fine. Max and Jirachi's bonding was often very cute, and there were a lot of sweet/cute moments between them. As well, May and Max had some very cute sibling bonding moments as well, I think it's nice to see some of that since there hasn't been much. There were some quite funny moments too, such as a nice burn on Jessie's hairstyle. And the last action scene was very intense, as per normal. So overall, it was fine.
Aug 31, 2018 10:48 AM

Jan 2016
This is one where I can understand why a lot of people say it's one of the weaker earlier movies, but I have a soft spot for it. I actually like the Groudon fight at the end, even if it's not the best climax really thinking about it, and I generally like the pokemon we get to see. But truthfully, a lot of what helps me hold a soft spot is the lullaby, or more specifically the English credits version. I love the duet between Japanese and English voices, and something about it just makes me relaxed and hopeful every time. Easily the best part of the movie for me
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Dec 16, 2020 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
I hadn't seen this movie as a kid. I would say it's on par with the Celebi movie.
It's ok as it is, but I feel like they could have done much more with the new characters and the story.
Dec 21, 2022 9:51 AM

Nov 2015
why on earth I wonder the magician dude says that that's not groudon lol then what is it? why it would came out differently than the original I mean...

đź’˘

Jan 26, 2023 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
I barely remember watching this when I was younger but I wasn't really a big fan of this one.
Groudon was alright and I did enjoy the opening with the circus setting up and the first act.

Other than that it really didn't do it for me, definitely the weakest story so far (out of the first 6).
May 7, 2023 2:00 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4  
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4.5
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4
Jirachi was great in this movie I loved this movie as a kid and own the VHS for it back then and the manly times I watched it. It's among my top 3 favorite Pokémon movies! Jirachi is absolutely adorable! Like Mew and Celbi. This movie is a great Pokémon, classic that I will always love. Even now after watching again form so many years ago, I still feel the same way about this movie form the time as a kid and now.
May 7, 2023 3:49 AM

Aug 2019
The movie was a farce. The Groudon was disappointing and didn't even exhibit any of the traits of the real Groudon, which made its inclusion here feel pointless. The fact that the movie tried to reference the Team Magma plot from the anime with absolutely no payoff in the end was annoying too.
Jul 27, 6:02 PM

Dec 2022
man i do love a carnival and a magic show
Ash said he misses Misty every day ^_^
really cool monster and nice simple uplifting ending too, fun movie
wish i could have taken the lullaby seriously but it kept reminding me of Baby Shark LOL

More topics from this board

» Pokemon: Jirachi Wishmaker Discussion

dolphin456 - Aug 8, 2010

6 by BurntFlower »»
Jun 15, 2012 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.