Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2018 2:39 AM

Jan 2015
Is this a "recap", aka episode 0 that aired 2 days ago?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2018 3:34 AM

Jan 2015
Maityoman said:
begija said:

No it retcons the whole season of DxD BorN because the entire season was a load of filler trash that ended up being a dumpster fire of an anime like Tokyo Ghoul Root A.

It basically changes the last 3 episodes so that we can actually go into Hero with a proper story.

Well, after posting this, I learned what that episode was, but I asked if this entry corresponds with that episode
begijaApr 12, 2018 3:42 AM
Apr 12, 2018 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
Yep Recap episode but as Maityoman said, it retcons stuff because I don't recall the Boob Song and Irina at all. And of course the portion at the end too.
BloodHedgehogApr 12, 2018 8:09 AM

Apr 12, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2015
Maityoman said:
begija said:

No it retcons the whole season of DxD BorN because the entire season was a load of filler trash that ended up being a dumpster fire of an anime like Tokyo Ghoul Root A.

It basically changes the last 3 episodes so that we can actually go into Hero with a proper story.

but its a harem anime.....a harem anime is old as good as its filler, thats like the meat and potatoes of the anime hell a harem anime would be over in 3 episodes with out filler, so basically what im saying is filler in harem anime is one of the only good places to use filler.
Apr 12, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2008
This is unexpected. So this is aside from the new season. Interesting
Apr 12, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
Sarem said:
Maityoman said:

but its a harem anime.....a harem anime is old as good as its filler, thats like the meat and potatoes of the anime hell a harem anime would be over in 3 episodes with out filler, so basically what im saying is filler in harem anime is one of the only good places to use filler.

That's where you're wrong
Apr 12, 2018 11:41 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Sarem said:

but thats where all the "PLOT" comes from and i can tell you most of my favorite episodes in DXD are "filler" with the characters just dicking around, same with shows like Kissxsis or To love ru but 99% of those shows are "filler" but we love them, if you took out the filler those shows would be over in 2 episodes.
Apr 12, 2018 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
Sarem said:
Darklight0303 said:

but thats where all the "PLOT" comes from and i can tell you most of my favorite episodes in DXD are "filler" with the characters just dicking around, same with shows like Kissxsis or To love ru but 99% of those shows are "filler" but we love them, if you took out the filler those shows would be over in 2 episodes.

Again that's where you ARE WRONG. The so called filler in the third season severely compromised developments in later volumes. Especially everything starting from Juggernaut drive to the finale.
Apr 12, 2018 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Sarem said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well just because the anime is now a fanservice crap doesn't mean that we the LN Readers don't wan't any development of the plot
Apr 12, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
So, this entry is the episode we just watched in April 10?
Apr 12, 2018 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Maityoman said:
begija said:

plz. the ending was good no need to stir your anus about it just because you read the comic book
Apr 12, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
Maelstrom said:
Maityoman said:

plz. the ending was good no need to stir your anus about it just because you read the comic book

The ending was fanfiction trash. there was nothing good about it
Apr 12, 2018 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
Maelstrom said:
Maityoman said:

Actually the ending was so bad that they fired eveybody responsible for it and the author had to write a story that basically explained born is an alternate timeline.
Apr 12, 2018 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
kfire2kenbob said:
Maelstrom said:

Actually the ending was so bad that they fired eveybody responsible for it and the author had to write a story that basically explained born is an alternate timeline.
source? either from MAL or company's twitter.

anything else is a hoax

i still think it was nice
Apr 12, 2018 1:13 PM

Apr 2008
Maelstrom said:
kfire2kenbob said:

anything else is a hoax

Official interview with the author himself in dragon Magazine. You lose.
Apr 12, 2018 1:16 PM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Maelstrom said:

how I see it, this is the trash & the original was good as it was, this one has been cartoonized too much that it is awful, I wish the creators of this abomination goes bankrupt so we may get a proper continuation to the born season
Apr 12, 2018 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
LF2005 said:
Darklight0303 said:

how I see it, this is the trash & the original was good as it was, this one has been cartoonized too much that it is awful, I wish the creators of this abomination goes bankrupt so we may get a proper continuation to the born season

Never going to happen. DxD belongs to Ishibumi and he will never allow that abomination to exist. This season is going to satisfy the relevant fanbase and misguided souls like you are going to have to SUCK IT UP. then again you are also the one who hated the source material for Overlord so really your opinion is utterly worthless
Apr 12, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Maelstrom said:

anything else is a hoax

You... do realise that saying there's an interview without posting any proof/a link isn't a source, right? You're making yourself sound like an angry kid for no reason. There's no need to get so twisted up because other people like different things from you lmao.
Apr 12, 2018 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
straggy said:
Darklight0303 said:

You... do realise that saying there's an interview without posting any proof/a link isn't a source, right? You're making yourself sound like an angry kid for no reason. There's no need to get so twisted up because other people like different things from you lmao.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1720577#msg54891416 Here you go.
Apr 12, 2018 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Maelstrom said:

anything else is a hoax

what does an intervew with author have to do with firing employees? also what exactly did i lose?
Apr 12, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
Maelstrom said:
Darklight0303 said:

what does an intervew with author have to do with firing employees? also what exactly did i lose?

Just follow the link right above your post and educate yourself. You lost the argument that the last season was good. Especially when it completely destroyed character development that is meant for THIS season
Apr 12, 2018 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Maelstrom said:

Just follow the link right above your post and educate yourself
im not gonna read some copy paste essay
Apr 12, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
Maelstrom said:
Darklight0303 said:

Just follow the link right above your post and educate yourself

Then you are not worth replying to anymore
Apr 12, 2018 2:46 PM

Sep 2016
Go to the highschool dxd subreddit if you want more info about the fiasco that was BorN
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 12, 2018 4:23 PM
Jan 2015
+1
I loved the end of S3 but its not worth it if it dont have a continue.
If the change the story in Episode 0 is the right storyline so I'll take it.
(Love the new artstyle even if I prefer the old one but changes is always good)
Apr 12, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2017
Funny how people really prefer that "oppai dragon song" shit over the BorN last episodes... I mean, it wasn't good, but this recap was stupid in a whole new level, that not even DxD reached before.
Apr 12, 2018 5:11 PM

Apr 2008
Sh4dowL0rd said:
Funny how people really prefer that "oppai dragon song" shit over the BorN last episodes... I mean, it wasn't good, but this recap was stupid in a whole new level, that not even DxD reached before.

Nope because this is exactly how it was in the source and the majority of people watching this show read the novels too Of course we want things done right and not unnecessarily serious or dark.
Apr 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Aug 2017
Darklight0303 said:
Sh4dowL0rd said:

Nope because this is exactly how it was in the source and the majority of people watching this show read the novels too Of course we want things done right and not unnecessarily serious or dark.
Yeah, because "the source material is always better" I'm done of this shit, sometimes, even if it's kinda hard to happen, the adaptation actually turn out to be better than the source material. But btw, if you guys prefer this, cool, good for you, I'm not going to keep complaining, since I'm not interested in DxD anymore.
Apr 12, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Sh4dowL0rd said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, because "the source material is always better" I'm done of this shit, sometimes, even if it's kinda hard to happen, the adaptation actually turn out to be better than the source material. But btw, if you guys prefer this, cool, good for you, I'm not going to keep complaining, since I'm not interested in DxD anymore.

Pff you say that but you'll be back once the seriously epic stuff starts happening. The fights are about to reach a whole nother level in intensity and scale
Apr 12, 2018 6:36 PM

Aug 2017
Darklight0303 said:
Sh4dowL0rd said:

Pff you say that but you'll be back once the seriously epic stuff starts happening. The fights are about to reach a whole nother level in intensity and scale
Nah, I got a lot of stuff to watch, almost 100 titles on my plan to watch, and I'm starting to read more manga too, maybe when I finish all this stuff I'll try watching DxD again but this will not happen soon. It's not like I don't have options beside continuing this.
Apr 12, 2018 7:39 PM

Jan 2017
Can anyone actually tell me what this episode really is?
One guy explained that it was alternate ending to the born season which is essential for next seasons but after some time he said that he was wrong or something like that so i m a bit confused here.
Apr 12, 2018 7:43 PM

Apr 2008
silent_knight98 said:
One guy explained that it was alternate ending to the born season which is essential for next seasons but after some time he said that he was wrong or something like that so i m a bit confused here.

This episode was a retcon to erase the end of BORN out of existence and allow the new season to proceed as if Season three was not a fflaming trainwreck in terms of loyalty to the source.
Apr 12, 2018 8:06 PM

Jan 2017
Darklight0303 said:
silent_knight98 said:

This episode was a retcon to erase the end of BORN out of existence and allow the new season to proceed as if Season three was not a fflaming trainwreck in terms of loyalty to the source.
Ok
Now i understand, thanks for the explanation.
Except some epic moments season 3 had lot of plotholes and it was worst among the three. So its good that they will follow source material from now on.
silent_knight98Apr 12, 2018 8:10 PM
Apr 13, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
Sh4dowL0rd said:

totally agree there but what can you do, there are always this retards that take good improvement alterations as sacrilege.
Apr 13, 2018 8:27 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Maelstrom said:

you sound like an angry kid people are allowed to have different opinions if they like born they like it why does it hurt you so much loser
Apr 13, 2018 11:37 PM

May 2009
LF2005 said:
Sh4dowL0rd said:

totally agree there but what can you do, there are always this retards that take good improvement alterations as sacrilege.

What are these improvements in previous season?
Apr 14, 2018 1:17 AM

Apr 2008
Fox_Dragonoid said:
Darklight0303 said:

you sound like an angry kid people are allowed to have different opinions if they like born they like it why does it hurt you so much loser

People are free to have their opinions. I am free to say their opinions are shit and why they are shit. That's how freedom of speech works bucko
Apr 14, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2010
bastek66 said:
LF2005 said:

well, only know of the removement of the retarded "Boobs dragon" song and replacement for a better idea.
Apr 14, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2008
SPEERS said:
Darklight0303 said:

People are free to have their opinions. I am free to say their opinions are shit and why they are shit. That's how freedom of speech works bucko

It's frustrating since it's willful ignorance on their end. People are perfectly allowed to like BorN, for whatever reason. But they've gone completely off the deep end if they think the original should be scrapped, since there's nothing to follow after BorN. You can't even do this season without Switch Princess. It's like a teenager who just passed their physics class with a B- trying to talk shit to someone in their mid 20s who just graduated college with a degree in physics. Even if you decide to ignore the inconsistencies and plot holes in BorN, it doesn't change the fact that it bastardized the LN and left out many things needed for the series to continue. It's ignorant to say that it doesn't matter, and it's willful ignorance to say that it's better anyways, and that they don't care if it's original since they just want to see whatever garabage a studio can put out.

To those that wanted that, wanted DxD to be serious like your battle shounen series: drop this series while you still can. Oppai Dragon becomes one of the big things in this series, and the melodrama you saw in BorN is never present. DxD is not cut from the same cloth as a battle shounen manga, it's much closer to something like Konosuba, half the time. The true DxD is the season 2 ending where Issei goes ballistic due to Vali threatening to half the tits of girls, the DxD is this episode, where Issei's "senzu bean" is fuckin' oppai. Issei is like Goku, except replace the Saiyan deus ex machinas with Oppai deus ex machinas. Why? Because he's the god damn oppai dragon.

Summed it up PERFECTLY my good friend
Apr 14, 2018 10:04 AM

May 2009
LF2005 said:
bastek66 said:

well, only know of the removement of the retarded "Boobs dragon" song and replacement for a better idea.

I remember (barely, it was boring and shit season) that anime only hard shat hard on Rias making her villain. Oppai dragon dance > filler arc.
Apr 14, 2018 12:07 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Fox_Dragonoid said:

but why do you continue to attack someone bc they have a different opinion you no life loser.
Apr 14, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
Fox_Dragonoid said:
Darklight0303 said:

but why do you continue to attack someone bc they have a different opinion you no life loser.

Because I have actual arguments in favor of my stance beyond just "CUZ I LIEKS IT"
Apr 14, 2018 12:16 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Fox_Dragonoid said:

Because I have actual arguments in favor of my stance beyond just "CUZ I LIEKS IT"
but that doesn't matter bc this is all opinion base not facts. Your arguments mean nothing. Why do you think that will change this person's opinion. What are you trying to achieve beside making yourself look like a whiny brat
Apr 15, 2018 5:18 AM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Fox_Dragonoid said:

thats what counts retard, we watch what we like & not what you like.
Apr 15, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2015
LF2005 said:
Darklight0303 said:

ikr i hate the new art it looks like hipster anime or just like the modern idea of what anime should look like and its ass, i miss the thick lines and sharp edges now it looks like moe crap, ikr people say "but this is the original art" but that doesnt mean its better honestly at this point i wish DxD manga and DxD anime where two different things.
Apr 16, 2018 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
This my friends, is an abomination
Apr 16, 2018 5:05 AM

Apr 2008
tetragrammaton12 said:

You have no idea what that word means, do you?
Apr 17, 2018 9:22 PM
Jun 2013
this is episode 0 of the new season
Apr 18, 2018 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
tetragrammaton12 said:

Oh..I might have dozed off during my English class. Can you please teach me what that word means, sensei? Also I would appreciate if you are kind enough to explain the reason why my statement seems wrong. Have a good day!
Apr 18, 2018 6:14 AM
Aug 2015
tetragrammaton12 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh..I might have dozed off during my English class. Can you please teach me what that word means, sensei? Also I would appreciate if you are kind enough to explain the reason why my statement seems wrong. Have a good day!

I won't go for a cheeky comment and just tell you why Darklight303 made that comment.

I assume you hated the Oppai Dragon song, It might be hard to believe but that song is important in the story, It influences the relationships between multiple characters and is used to poke fun at Issei on occasion.

Next would be the relationship between Rias and Issei, in the LN it is dealt with better than BorN and it just so happens that season 4 includes said volume.

BorN also cut out some rather critical pieces of the story and butchered key character development.

Benefits of Hero returning to the LN story, we are going to see some of the best power-ups in the series and the fights from here on out get a lot better than previous seasons.

Just remember that Issei is the Oppai Dragon.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD Hero: Taiikukan-ura no Holy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2018

365 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 9, 1:15 PM

» High school Dxd Drinking game.

GrimAtrament - May 1, 2018

4 by Jamester_UWU »»
Aug 1, 2022 11:39 PM

» Since this retcons the last 4 episodes of season 3 should i just skip the last 4

Omnitrix10 - Apr 17, 2018

4 by ChartTopper60 »»
Mar 20, 2021 8:19 AM

» Difference between Borns Ending (last 3 episodes) and this episode?

-_Removed_- - Apr 14, 2018

3 by TheDeadWalk »»
Feb 7, 2020 8:10 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero: Taiikukan-ura no Holy Episode 1 Discussion

joe_g7 - Apr 12, 2018

27 by julyan »»
Apr 13, 2018 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.