Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2018
firezero10 said:
Rabt said:

Completly agree. Ichigo is literally taking everything away from him. It pisses me off. I stg if the same thing happens next epi where Ichigo blocks Hiro from 002, I'm gonna kms

Yea....if no one is able to ride with Hiro, then he would be disposed of. Being with Zero-two is the only way he can live.

Exactly, god damn it can we make a petition to kill Ichigo
May 2014
kfire2kenbob said:
Oh man the Ichigo hate is real. While I too am unhappy with the forced drama that happened this episode, I feel this is avoided if Hiro stays in his room. Ichigo is trying to protect her childhood friend/crush after learning "information" on Zero Two. And I can see Zero Two reaction being well within norm (at least for her) and was honestly expecting her to force her way through the first time Ichigo stopped her. The true victim in this is Goro though, wrong place, wrong time. But I expect this problem to be resolved by episode 17 and the 9's(and papa) to become the antagonists for the rest of the season

Hiro thought he wasnt going to be allowed to see 02 so its moreso Ichigo's fault for this misunderstanding, but it makes sense why she does all this.

With that said, I don't get why anyone is really upset at Ichigo lmao. We as the audience know 02 is not the monster she appears to be because we saw from Hiro's mind who she really is. His teammates don't know that.

This is all Hiro's fault for not being able to tell his team why 02 is not the bad person. He just tries to do shit on his own for no reason. Its honestly shit writing too because that isnt the character he has been up to now. Just a forced way to build drama and get to the next arc in this show.
Jan 2009
cupc said:
Nyron said:

Actually, she started the fight because she's a feral monster. It made zero sense for her to start a fight with 8 people who all agreed to help her.

It would have made much more sense for her to start a fight with Ichigo when there was an actual tense confrontation between them. But instead that situation got completely diffused twice off screen.

I agree that the way her "rage", if you can call it that, was set up was quite poor, but something was regardless needed to carry the plot to the point where she leaves the group 13. Therefore we arrive to the conclusion that the plot of the episode was in fact not padding, but a set up for the plot twist at the end

Bro you realize you're literally calling it padding, because it wasn't really built up, it was just space-filler so they could put her leaving at the end of the episode

I hope to God they Supercut this into a compilation movie
Apr 14, 2018 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
Don't get why people are sperging out over Ichigo. Because she cockblocked 02? The same 02 who was manipulating Hiro with zero remorse and tried to turn him into a monster before she found out that he was her original darling? The same 02 who physically attacked the entire squad? Of course she's going to not want the guy she loves to get hurt any further. Or was it because she kissed Hiro in front of Goro? So what? Goro's feelings are completely one sided, she doesn't owe him anything. Ichigo was dumb this episode and acted in a very stupid matter, but people are letting their waifuism cloud their judgment and ignoring that 02 is just as bad if not worse.
Apr 14, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
ICHIGO IS WORST GIRL AND DESERVES TO DIE
Apr 14, 2018 10:37 AM
Apr 2018
ZingFreelancer said:
aquirux said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS
Think about it guys their reunion will be even more beautiful. Depends on how hiro will react with that '' Zero Two missing'' obviously. Like i hope he will be in depression or that kind of things.

Was there a happy ending in Deadman Wonderland?
Was there a happy ending in Elfen Lied?
Was there a happy ending in Eureka Seven?
Was there a happy ending in Guilty Crown?

Yeah, don't get your hopes up buddy :)

i know that it won't end well do'nt worry, i can see that sad ending coming from far away. I was talking about things that will happens in the 2 next episode, Like it was sure that this episode was not gonna satisfied ppl expectations about 02 and hiro relationship. :)

Jul 2013
I only feel pity for Goro. He's the only innocent one in this. That being said, the salt is delicious. Thank you, strawberry-chan.

Sep 2012
GreenEmu said:
Don't get why people are sperging out over Ichigo. Because she cockblocked 02? The same 02 who was manipulating Hiro with zero remorse and tried to turn him into a monster before she found out that he was her original darling? The same 02 who physically attacked the entire squad? Of course she's going to not want the guy she loves to get hurt any further. Or was it because she kissed Hiro in front of Goro? So what? Goro's feelings are completely one sided, she doesn't owe him anything. Ichigo was dumb this episode and acted in a very stupid matter, but people are letting their waifuism cloud their judgment and ignoring that 02 is just as bad if not worse.

Shhh. You shouldnt speak with logic right now. People are salty.

Illyricus said:
I only feel pity for Goro. He's the only innocent one in this. That being said, the salt is delicious. Thank you, strawberry-chan.

He is really too pure for this world.
Apr 14, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Nyron said:
cupc said:

I agree that the way her "rage", if you can call it that, was set up was quite poor, but something was regardless needed to carry the plot to the point where she leaves the group 13. Therefore we arrive to the conclusion that the plot of the episode was in fact not padding, but a set up for the plot twist at the end

Bro you realize you're literally calling it padding, because it wasn't really built up, it was just space-filler so they could put her leaving at the end of the episode

I don't really understand your point about how events leading up to a plot point are considered filler, but it's true that the anime is ridden with some very poor pacing. I do feel as if the last two episodes have fixed this though, but it's just too bad we're already into the second cour
Apr 14, 2018 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
Dude I'm so fucking mad right now, we had such an amazing episode last week, and Ichigo just swept in and ruined it

Apr 14, 2018 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
aquirux said:
ZingFreelancer said:

i know that it won't end well do'nt worry, i can see that sad ending coming from far away. I was talking about things that will happens in the 2 next episode, Like it was sure that this episode was not gonna satisfied ppl expectations about 02 and hiro relationship. :)

Nothing will really happen in the next 2 episodes. Heck, nothing will probably happen in the next 4 episodes.

The show will probably go back to fighting, the mission will go underway. Hiro will partner up with Ichigo because he suddenly got "better". We might get some form of time lapse to show 02 body toll since she left Hiro. Then some BS going to happen.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 14, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
Illyricus said:

I feel bad for Goro, that he's in love with BITCHIGO
Apr 2018
Starting a Petition to kill off ichigo. We need to bring the akame ga kill writer in here for a episode. If your with me say I!

(This is just a joke also but i am curious to see who agrees lol)
Feb 2018
Goro is too damn awesome. Rather than get jealous, he smiled upon overhearing Ichigo's confession. I've heard people call him a c*ck but he's just someone who doesn't let his romantic feelings control his happiness. I hope he gradually gets over Ichigo and finds a new partner/romantic interest since many girls would love themselves a Goro.
Jul 2018
This is too painful to watch. That's not gonna stop me from watching it though. Why do I do this to myself?

On a side note, I like how Goro and Kokoro were basically the only two that were even giving Hiro and Zero Two a chance at all. Though after seeing what she did to everyone else, Hiro called her a monster.

I've never seen a relationship crash and burn so fast.

Also, it goes without saying that someone's gonna die in the upcoming battle. The question is, who?
Mar 2018
FUCK ICHIGO!!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
I know she couldn't have known but c'mon, Ichigo WHY? I hate her a little now for real, they all call Hiro the nosy one but then they poke their noses into his and 02's business. Ichigo has reason to be mad but if you can't even let them talk you're not helping. Also, why they do my boy Goro like that? This episode left me hella salty and literally just rebuilt up all of the tension just because Ichigo's hoe ass didn't wan't 02 and Hiro to talk it out and of course it ends in a dramatic way again.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.

Sep 2012
DoctorWasabi said:
Illyricus said:

Here. I hope it helps.

Sep 2013
AnthonyTLA said:
Goro is too damn awesome. Rather than get jealous, he smiled upon overhearing Ichigo's confession. I've heard people call him a c*ck but he's just someone who doesn't let his romantic feelings control his happiness. I hope he gradually gets over Ichigo and finds a new partner/romantic interest since many girls would love themselves a Goro.

Goro is a true homie

Sep 2011
VKDOOM said:
kfire2kenbob said:
Oh man the Ichigo hate is real. While I too am unhappy with the forced drama that happened this episode, I feel this is avoided if Hiro stays in his room. Ichigo is trying to protect her childhood friend/crush after learning "information" on Zero Two. And I can see Zero Two reaction being well within norm (at least for her) and was honestly expecting her to force her way through the first time Ichigo stopped her. The true victim in this is Goro though, wrong place, wrong time. But I expect this problem to be resolved by episode 17 and the 9's(and papa) to become the antagonists for the rest of the season

Hiro thought he wasnt going to be allowed to see 02 so its moreso Ichigo's fault for this misunderstanding, but it makes sense why she does all this.

With that said, I don't get why anyone is really upset at Ichigo lmao. We as the audience know 02 is not the monster she appears to be because we saw from Hiro's mind who she really is. His teammates don't know that.

This is all Hiro's fault for not being able to tell his team why 02 is not the bad person. He just tries to do shit on his own for no reason. Its honestly shit writing too because that isnt the character he has been up to now. Just a forced way to build drama and get to the next arc in this show.

If there's really a Ichigo hate then yes I agree with you.

Hiro is really the epitome of shitty written protagonist.

Apr 14, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Look, Ichigo and the team had every reason to do what they did and its not like they know what's going on between Hiro and Zero-Two. (But, you have all the right to hate on Ichigo. Just don't go overboard and act like 12 year old's).
Jul 2018
I'm just gonna say one thing that'll make everyone flip out:

Ichigo did nothing wrong.
Jan 2009
cupc said:
Nyron said:

I don't really understand your point about how events leading up to a plot point are considered filler, but it's true that the anime is ridden with some very poor pacing. I do feel as if the last two episodes have fixed this though, but it's just too bad we're already into the second cour

How did it "lead up to it"?
The drama between Ichigo and zero two had things leading up to it for numerous episodes. mitsuru being totally gay had things leading up to it.

This is the equivalent of mitsuru going up to the main character 3 times in one episode to try and tell him the thing only to say it in the last 5 Seconds before the credits. It's not really build up, it's just stalling

I am completely confident that this show was drafted to be a 12 episode show, but somewhere along the way it was stretched to 24, because money. The plot, setting and characters are just not developed enough to be pulled out this thinly.
Apr 14, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
sasalx said:
He is really too pure for this world.

DoctorWasabi said:
Illyricus said:

My boy Goro deserves something better than being the second course of strawberry girl. That being said, for some reason, I don't think he is going to end well ;_;

May 2016
I must say this episode is so frustrating to watch. Despite it had me gone wild on Ichigo, always jump into every conclusion that Zero Two caused. I mean, honestly. I don't know what to expect the next episode. It's not that I don't like it anymore, I understand why and what but, it's very frustrating at this point.

Apr 2008
Stefannofornari said:

Ichigo did nothing wrong.

Ichigo for best girl 2018! She provides me with so much salty entertainment :)
Oct 2017
I can understand why people are mad, but just you didn't get the fairy tale ending you wanted doesn't mean the episode was bad. It wouldn't make sense for everything to be all fine and dandy when you know... Zero Two tried to kill Hiro. I would be more pissed if everything turned out perfectly fine without any consequences like in episode 6, it would've felt shallow and hammy. It'd be like "Ya I just tried to murder you but since you're that guy from past everything is okay now lol."
Ichigo is a bitch this episode but it's in character because shes obsessed with him and again, Zero Two did try to kill Hiro. It wasn't just

We're all frustrated because we know the full picture and Zero Two wasn't helping her case by being extra violent. I swear after last episode with cute 02 almost everybody is overly obsessed with that shipping garbage and everything else about the show doesn't matter. I get it, they're cute and it's heartbreaking they're being forced apart but it makes complete sense that there's going to be consequences.
Apr 14, 2018 10:44 AM
Mar 2018
Kokoro such a nice girl
Apr 2018
Seriously can someone kill ichigo? no joke WORST CHARACTER EVER FUCKING MADE . i never rage on anime but DUDE THIS FUCKING GIRL NEEDS TO DIE worst character EVER by FAR

Aug 2011
And dudes, what that fuckin attitude of "didnt happen what i wanted what a fuckin tharsh" dude, it's called development.

You can't expect happy and action episodes all the time, everyone who's talking about "This show is writen terrible".

First of all, this show is writed by ppl with kinda years of experience, and u're thrastalking about it, ppl who never did one single script.

And second "forced drama forced drama" forced why? 002 is a semi-monster, do u expect a normal attitude from her?
God, always that there's no action or plots is walys the same shit: "forced drama". DUDE, when someone tries to kill ur friend and/or beloved, u dont let that person meet with him, it's omething damnit logic.

But no, forced drama, dropping cause the chapters aren't always action or plots.
I didn't know that mecha is equal to action everywhere. Then don't see Eureka Seven, because eh, it's a cult anime of mechas, but no for god, there isn't action or plots in every fckin cap, must be a shit.
Apr 14, 2018 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
We can feel the drama pushed in our faces. This is so forced...

Apr 2018

I was happy for some Zero+Hiro scene, but Ichigo(fuc.... b...) destroy all this with her bs move...
Firsttime I hate a character this soo much like this time, not only she break the relationship of Zerotwo and Hiro, she sold Goro and thrown him away like he wasnt nothing with Hiro... I hope she get killed or take the revenge what she did to Zero two... Totally bi...
Apr 2018
Man this forum is hating on ichigo lol. Time to start passing out torches and pitchforks.
Apr 14, 2018 10:46 AM
Apr 2016
Cucked in the franxx back it again. This time it's goro, my favorite character.

Anyway I'm satisfied that hiro told zero two that She a monster after all the shit she done but damn that gotta hurt. She's been doing this all for him when she was a little demon.

Also damn. Ichigo is the worst. She gave the most cucked up confession of all time. Shit yall might hate this show after this episode but I sure enjoyed the crap out of it.
Apr 14, 2018 10:46 AM
May 2014
You know its bad writing when they set up the main characters for how many episodes only for this shitty NTR to happen. LOL THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN FAIRY TAIL'S NAKAMA POWER and i thought I would not find any anime now that will surpass fairy tail's absurdly bad writing

Color me surprise i have found it now
Apr 14, 2018 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
The best way I can sum up this show is; it's a bumpy ride.
Apr 14, 2018 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
ZingFreelancer said:
aquirux said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS
Think about it guys their reunion will be even more beautiful. Depends on how hiro will react with that '' Zero Two missing'' obviously. Like i hope he will be in depression or that kind of things.

Deadman's ending was pretty happy all things considered and Eureka Seven had a very happy ending. Unless you're taking it's sequel Eureka Seven AO into account, which still wouldn't matter since AO retconned itself at the end anyway.
Apr 14, 2018 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
geotraceur said:

You can't expect happy and action episodes all the time, everyone who's talking about "This show is writen terrible".

But this show is written terrible.
Even I predicted in last weeks episode discussion that they are going to get separated. Except Darling in Franxx spent 24 minutes getting to the fucking point. How many times do I have to say that there is nothing about this shows writing that stands out? NOTHING.
Expect next 4 episodes to be a fucking snooze fest.
Apr 14, 2018 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
it's annoying me I can't find the manga even raw to see what next
I hate this situation >__<

anyway from last week I was sure something like this will happen, they still have 10 ep to fill

I hope if there's way I can spoile the next events to me ;_;
Apr 14, 2018 10:49 AM
Apr 2017
Nyron said:
YukiJudai_100 said:

bruh the worst episode is the one about zorome talking to grandma without a doubt since it was practically filler. you're just mad and being emotional since hiro and zero two are being broken up.

and the drama isn't forced. it only makes sense that ichigo wouldn't let her childhood love be taken away by someone that's practically a stranger without doing something. conflict is what makes a story good and these characters have clear and understandable motivations for what their doing.

if you think ichigo is being idiotic then you're probably jus being simple minded. not only has she loved hiro since childhood but her fears off losing hiro are also higher because of her conversation with nine alpha. and nine alpha caused because possibly he wants to be with 02. there are so many intertwining storylines taking place. it's not some as random as some opera.

i'm sure you'll be much happier with the series when hiro and zero two are finally together and it isn't made so easy for it happen like some disney fairytale. it's better that their relationship goes through trials and tribulations because when they finally are together their relationship feels earned because it had to go through a storm to get to where it will be. if they simply got together now it would just be pandering to the lowest common denominator and the series would be a lot worse

I don't think you have ever seen a decent movie in your entire life if you think this is good drama.

Jesus Christ go watch Three Billboards and then come back to this and realize that it's basically the writing equivalent of a child's coloring book.

come back to this when you can actually explain yourself instead of depending on recommendations of what you subjectively believe to be a good drama.
Apr 14, 2018 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
Hey guys getting off the ichigo hate topic who thinks that hiro used the knife to cut himself and saw his blood wasnt red but it could of been blue like zero two. NOTE THIS IS NOT A SPOILER. I wanted to know who thought the same thing.
Apr 14, 2018 10:50 AM
Mar 2013
So 02 tired to kill him but after he got back his memory she realized her mistake and went mad, ichigo acted selfish and well all this drama could have been avoided maybe. I dunno how the will meet again but hiro is dead wieght now. I personaly don't hate ichigo but this show has made a lot of mistakes even before that could have been done better if put in a different way.
Apr 14, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Nyron said:
How did it "lead up to it"?
The drama between Ichigo and zero two had things leading up to it for numerous episodes. mitsuru being totally gay had things leading up to it.

This is the equivalent of mitsuru going up to the main character 3 times in one episode to try and tell him the thing only to say it in the last 5 Seconds before the credits. It's not really build up, it's just stalling

More plot development surely could have happened in the episode, but I personally got enough content out of it to feel satisfied. Anime is not too good at using well the very limited runtime of 24 minutes in general, so I've come to accept that's what we get. It could be better, sure, but it's not bad. It's decent.

Nyron said:
I am completely confident that this show was drafted to be a 12 episode show, but somewhere along the way it was stretched to 24, because money. The plot, setting and characters are just not developed enough to be pulled out this thinly.

I'm not sure if this is possible, because it's pretty well known in the industry that 12 episode anime almost always are financially more lucrative than 24 episode anime to backers and the studio. A 24 episode anime is a great risk in fact, because if it tanks sale-wise it's a much bigger burden to the studio.
Apr 14, 2018 10:51 AM
Apr 2016
Question.

Who got cucked the most? The fat kid or goro?
Apr 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
GreenEmu said:
ZingFreelancer said:

Deadman's ending was pretty happy all things considered and Eureka Seven had a very happy ending. Unless you're taking it's sequel Eureka Seven AO into account, which still wouldn't matter since AO retconned itself at the end anyway.

Perhaps you are right, its been ages since E7 and last thing I remember was watching AO and not being particularly impressed by anything aside from animation quality. But again, too long, barely remember.
You are right about Deadman Wonderland, the ending was a bit vague, but still happy :)
Apr 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
FUCK

I hate the outcome of this episode but it's execution was done really well. This second part of the season is a nonstop crazy ride.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 14, 2018 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest I'll just say this:

I do like the episode, but the pacing wasn't the best here. It didn't worked well compared to the writing's 11th episode which is written by the same person.

Granted being fair Zero Two and Ichigo are both at fault because really: Ichigo knows Hiro doesn't like her, but regardless of that fact she continues to insist. I get the intention and it is to protect Hiro from Zero Two, and getting Zero Two away from Hiro, however... this is not the best way to go about it.

Zero Two on the other hand took a decision after the entire getting out of the group. But her entire situation and the way she handled it wasn't the best either because she herself is not realizing she's acting very selfish upon her own wish and not worrying for other people's ends and how these things can hurt Hiro.

Tldr: Both are at fault.

Jan 2014
#BITCHIGO

oignsfdoignsfoig

Jan 2014
VKDOOM said:
kfire2kenbob said:

Yea its kinda terrible writing for hiro, ichigo and zero two. Ichigo couldve done the whole "if you wanna talk to him, you talk with us in the room much" sooner. Hiro couldve explained that he met zero two in the past and that he wants her to answer a question. zero two could not spazz out considering they were all shocked and clear evidence hiro left the room without them knowing. Basically all unnessecarry stuff done to add more drama that couldve been avoided.
Jan 2009
geotraceur said:
And dudes, what that fuckin attitude of "didnt happen what i wanted what a fuckin tharsh" dude, it's called development.

First of all, this show is writed by ppl with kinda years of experience, and u're thrastalking about it, ppl who never did one single script.

And second "forced drama forced drama" forced why? 002 is a semi-monster, do u expect a normal attitude from her?
God, always that there's no action or plots is walys the same shit: "forced drama". DUDE, when someone tries to kill ur friend and/or beloved, u dont let that person meet with him, it's omething damnit logic.

But no, forced drama, dropping cause the chapters aren't always action or plots.
I didn't know that mecha is equal to action everywhere. Then don't see Eureka Seven, because eh, it's a cult anime of mechas, but no for god, there isn't action or plots in every fckin cap, must be a shit.

The guy who wrote the show has never written anything except for idolmaster

This is a badly written show, mostly in part because it has too many episodes to carry characters that are completely one-dimensional. If you condensed, this whole story into 6 episodes, it probably still wouldn't be good but it would at least be excusable. Flcl wouldn't work if it were 24 episodes either.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.